|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word described by Theo in Chapter 7: “The Shop-Behind-the-Shop” refers to arrogance or excessive pride?
2. The cop show that Theo sees his father on in Chapter 12: “The Rendezvous Point” is from about what year?
3. What is the name of the boarding school that Pippa attends in Chapter 7: “The Shop-Behind-the-Shop”?
(a) Institut Mont-Haefeli.
(b) Institut Swisse.
(c) Groton School.
(d) The Kennedy School.
4. What are the names of Mrs. Barbour’s dogs that Theo meets when he visits her in Chapter 9: “Everything of Possibility”?
(a) Ting-a-Ling and Clementine.
(b) Chiva and Pittsy.
(c) Bobo and Mittens.
(d) Socks and Spot.
5. What does “Cutty Sark” mean, according to Theo in Chapter 12: “The Rendezvous Point”?
(a) Tall woman.
(b) Young child.
(c) Short skirt.
(d) Blonde woman.
6. What is the profession of the thief who is discovered in Chapter 7: “The Shop-Behind-the-Shop” for stealing three paintings after the museum explosion?
(a) Museum curator.
(c) Police officer.
7. What actress’s husband killed himself on their wedding night and wrote in a suicide note, “It was only a farce,” according to Theo in Chapter 12: “The Rendezvous Point”?
(a) Jean Harlow’s husband.
(b) Joan Crawford's husband.
(c) Betty Grable's husband.
(d) Marilyn Monroe's husband.
8. The news in Chapter 7: “The Shop-Behind-the-Shop” describes the discovery of three stolen paintings from the bombed museum in an attic. Where in New York were the paintings found?
(b) The Bronx.
9. Theo says in Chapter 12: “The Rendezvous Point,” “Whatever you said about my dad, you couldn’t say he didn’t have” what?
(c) A cohesive world view.
10. What is Kitsey’s real first name?
11. What word used in Chapter 9: “Everything of Possibility” means to confuse or bewilder?
12. What is the name of the Chinese quarter in Amsterdam where Boris says he is staying with his girlfriend in Chapter 11: “The Gentleman’s Canal”?
13. Who is the customer that accuses Theo and Hobie of working together to make and sell fake antiques in Chapter 9: “Everything of Possibility”?
(a) John Steinbeck.
(b) Lucius Reeve.
(c) Chance Barbour.
(d) Tyler Olowska.
14. What word from Chapter 11: “The Gentleman’s Canal” refers to excruciating distress or suffering?
15. Who is Mrs. Barbour’s friend that gave her the dogs after the death of her husband and Andy?
(a) Saffi Caspersen.
(b) Mercedes de la Pereyra.
(c) Mike McNatt.
(d) Joey Cable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is on the bank draft that Boris gives to Theo to give to the underground art dealers in Chapter 11: “The Gentleman’s Canal”?
2. Where does Boris say his wife lives mostly with his children in Chapter 10: “The Idiot”?
3. What psychiatric disorder had Mr. Barbour been diagnosed with?
4. What does Boris day his wife’s name is in Chapter 10: “The Idiot”?
5. Where was Rembrandt born?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)