|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Andy Barbour’s brother whose room Theo stays in after his mother’s death?
2. Who does Theo say “avoided me as assiduously as if I were a girl he’d dumped” after the death of his mother in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
(a) Joey Cable.
(b) Tyler Olowska.
(c) Mike McNatt.
(d) Tom Cable.
3. What is the name of Theo’s father’s secretary that calls when he stops coming to work in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
4. At what time does Theo’s plane land in Las Vegas in Chapter 5: “Badr al-Dine”?
(a) 2:30 p.m.
(b) 11:47 a.m.
(c) 3:34 a.m.
(d) 12:45 p.m.
5. Who is the “semi-famous actor” that visits Theo at the Barbours’ home after his mother’s death in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
6. What does Hobie say Mrs. Barbour’s last name was prior to her marriage in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”?
(b) Van der Pleyn.
7. What is the name of Andy Barbour’s father?
(a) Chance Barbour.
(b) Jeffrey Barbour.
(c) Alex Barbour.
(d) Larry Barbour.
8. What language does Boris say he learned first growing up in Chapter 5: “Badr al-Dine”?
9. On what date does Theo’s mother die in the narrative?
(a) March 12.
(b) June 14.
(c) April 10.
(d) September 11.
10. What was the name of Pippa’s mother?
11. What television channel does Theo sit and watch each day when Andy returns to school in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
(b) Turner Classic Movies.
(d) Fox News.
12. How many surgeries does Hobie say Pippa had last week for broken bones in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”?
13. What is the name of the male social worker that takes Theo to the diner in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
14. How long ago does Hobie say Pippa’s mother died in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”?
(a) 6 years ago.
(b) 2 years ago.
(c) 12 years ago.
(d) 1 year ago.
15. What is the name of the street that Theo’s father lives on in Las Vegas?
(a) Mountain Vista Lane.
(b) Casino End Lane.
(c) Desert End Road.
(d) Rose Petal Road.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Naaman Silver tell Theo he is from in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
2. Theo says as he leaves for Las Vegas in Chapter 5: “Badr al-Dine” that he has never been out of New York City for more than how many days before?
3. What kind of dog does Xandra have?
4. What does Theo tell Hobie is his hardest subject in school in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”?
5. Who is the math teacher that describes his brother’s death in a car accident to Theo in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)