|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie’s poster hangs over the bed where Pippa lays when Theo meets her in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”?
(a) The Royal Tenenbaums.
(b) The Wizard of Oz.
(d) It's a Wonderful Life.
2. What television channel does Theo sit and watch each day when Andy returns to school in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
(b) Turner Classic Movies.
(d) Fox News.
3. When Boris begins spending all of his time with Kotku in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars,” the narrator says that Theo passes the time reading The Grapes of Wrath and what novel?
(a) To Have and Have Not.
(b) The House of the Seven Gables.
(c) The Sun Also Rises.
(d) The Stranger.
4. Who is Theo’s English teacher in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
(a) Miss Jones.
(b) Mrs. Swanson.
(c) Mr. Neuspeil.
(d) Mr. Borowsky.
5. Where does Naaman Silver tell Theo he is from in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
(a) Trenton, New Jersey.
(b) Newark, New Jersey.
(c) Springfield, Illinois.
(d) Canarsie, New York.
6. What kind of dog does Xandra have?
(a) A German Shepherd.
(b) A Great Dane.
(c) A Maltese.
(d) A miniature pincher.
7. What is the name of the boy that Boris becomes jealous over because Kotku flirted with him after class in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
(a) Larry Decker.
(b) Chance Barbour.
(c) Tyler Olowska.
(d) James Hobart.
8. What language does Boris say he learned first growing up in Chapter 5: “Badr al-Dine”?
9. Where has Theo duct-taped the painting in a hiding place in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
(a) Behind his headboard.
(b) Above the ceiling fan.
(c) Under his carpet in his bedroom.
(d) On the underside of his desk.
10. What is the name of the computer from 2001: A Space Odyssey that Theo associates the Child Services worker’s voice with in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
11. Where was Theo’s mother from originally?
12. What does Boris say is his favorite place he’s ever lived in Chapter 5: “Badr al-Dine”?
(a) Jackson, Wyoming.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Papua, New Guinea.
(d) Honolulu, Hawaii.
13. What color hair does Theo describe his mother as having in Chapter 1: “Boy with a Skull”?
(a) Light brown.
14. What was the name of Pippa’s mother?
15. What caused the death of Pippa’s mother?
(a) A car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fictional name does Boris call Theo when he first meets him in Chapter 5: “Badr al-Dine”?
2. What is the name of the male social worker that takes Theo to the diner in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
3. How many years ago does Theo describe his mother’s death as occurring in Chapter 1: “Boy with a Skull”?
4. What is the name of the red-headed girl that Theo sees in the museum in Chapter 1: “Boy with a Skull”?
5. Where is the note postmarked from that Theo’s mother receives after he leaves the family in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)