|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boris say is his favorite place he’s ever lived in Chapter 5: “Badr al-Dine”?
(a) Jackson, Wyoming.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Papua, New Guinea.
(d) Honolulu, Hawaii.
2. How does Theo describe his father in “the diplomatic way of putting it” in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
3. Where did Theo’s mother live by Annette, the fireman’s widow?
(b) The Lower East Side.
(c) The Bronx.
(d) Greenwich Village.
4. By what nickname does Hobie refer to his former business partner?
5. What is the name of the boy that Boris becomes jealous over because Kotku flirted with him after class in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
(a) Tyler Olowska.
(b) Larry Decker.
(c) Chance Barbour.
(d) James Hobart.
6. What museum are Theo and his mother when his mother is killed?
(a) The Guggenheim.
(b) The Museum of Modern Art.
(c) The Ben Franklin Museum.
(d) The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
7. Where does Andy Barbour’s older brother attend school in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
(a) Monmouth School.
(b) Welton School.
(c) Xavier School.
(d) Groton School.
8. What is the name of Xandra’s dog?
9. What is the name of the social worker from the Department of Child and Family Services that calls Theo and asks to speak to his father in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
(a) Carson McCullers.
(b) Joey Cable.
(c) Marjorie Beth Weinberg.
(d) Mathilde Beeman.
10. What are the names of Andy Barbour’s younger siblings?
(a) Pippa and Tom.
(b) Toddy and Kitsey.
(c) Peter and Sarah.
(d) Jerry and Kelly.
11. On what date does Theo’s mother die in the narrative?
(a) March 12.
(b) June 14.
(c) September 11.
(d) April 10.
12. How frequently does Theo say he has to see the state-assigned therapist after his mother’s death in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Three times a week.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Once a week.
13. How old is Theo when his mother is killed?
14. How does Theo travel from Las Vegas to New York in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
(a) By car.
(b) By train.
(c) By plane.
(d) By bus.
15. What is the name of Andy Barbour’s brother whose room Theo stays in after his mother’s death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Naaman Silver tell Theo he is from in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
2. How does Theo describe his mother’s heritage in Chapter 1: “Boy with a Skull”?
3. What family heirloom does Theo accuse Xandra of stealing from his mother in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
4. What is the name of Theo’s father’s secretary that calls when he stops coming to work in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
5. What color hair does Theo describe his mother as having in Chapter 1: “Boy with a Skull”?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)