|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Andy Barbour’s older brother attend school in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
(a) Groton School.
(b) Welton School.
(c) Xavier School.
(d) Monmouth School.
2. What does Theo tell Hobie is his hardest subject in school in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”?
3. What was the name of Pippa’s mother?
4. How many years ago does Theo describe his mother’s death as occurring in Chapter 1: “Boy with a Skull”?
(a) 14 years ago.
(b) 16 years ago.
(c) 4 years ago.
(d) 10 years ago.
5. Who does Theo say “avoided me as assiduously as if I were a girl he’d dumped” after the death of his mother in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
(a) Joey Cable.
(b) Mike McNatt.
(c) Tyler Olowska.
(d) Tom Cable.
6. What is the name of Theo’s father’s secretary that calls when he stops coming to work in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
7. By what nickname does Hobie refer to his former business partner?
8. Theo says as he leaves for Las Vegas in Chapter 5: “Badr al-Dine” that he has never been out of New York City for more than how many days before?
9. What does Boris say is his favorite place he’s ever lived in Chapter 5: “Badr al-Dine”?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Papua, New Guinea.
(c) Jackson, Wyoming.
(d) Honolulu, Hawaii.
10. Who wrote The Grapes of Wrath?
(a) John Steinbeck.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Carson McCullers.
11. How frequently does Theo say he has to see the state-assigned therapist after his mother’s death in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”?
(a) Twice a week.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Three times a week.
12. What time is it when Theo hangs up the phone with the worker from Child Services in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
(a) 10:30 p.m.
(b) 2:45 a.m.
(c) 11:30 p.m.
(d) 12:45 a.m.
13. How does Xandra say Theo’s father died in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
(a) He was in a car accident.
(b) He was stabbed.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He was in a boating accident.
14. Who is Theo’s history teacher that he describes as having grown up in a tough Boston neighborhood in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”?
(a) Mr. Neuspeil.
(b) Mr. O’Shea.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) Mr. Borowsky.
15. What does Theo tell Hobie his father’s occupation used to be in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”?
(a) He was a teacher.
(b) He was a musician.
(c) He was an actor.
(d) He was a painter.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date does Theo’s mother die in the narrative?
2. What does Theo say Kotku’s last name is in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
3. What does Hobie say Mrs. Barbour’s last name was prior to her marriage in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”?
4. What are the names of Andy Barbour’s younger siblings?
5. Who is the Danish girl in Theo’s class that has a crush on Boris in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)