|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Andy Barbour’s older brother attend school in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
(a) Welton School.
(b) Groton School.
(c) Monmouth School.
(d) Xavier School.
2. Who is the math teacher that describes his brother’s death in a car accident to Theo in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
(a) Mr. Swanson.
(b) Mr. Borowsky.
(c) Mr. Neuspeil.
(d) Mr. Meeks.
3. Who was the painter The Goldfinch?
(a) Carel Fabritius.
(b) T. E. Lawrence.
(d) Francois de la Fochefoucauld.
4. Who does Theo’s mother plan to buy a gift for at the gift store before she is killed in Chapter 1: “Boy with a Skull”?
(d) T. E. Lawrence.
5. What was the name of Pippa’s mother?
6. How frequently does Theo say he has to see the state-assigned therapist after his mother’s death in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Three times a week.
7. What is the name of the street that Theo’s father lives on in Las Vegas?
(a) Desert End Road.
(b) Mountain Vista Lane.
(c) Rose Petal Road.
(d) Casino End Lane.
8. Where does Theo tell the social workers that his paternal grandparents live in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
9. What does Theo tell Hobie is his hardest subject in school in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”?
10. Who is the “semi-famous actor” that visits Theo at the Barbours’ home after his mother’s death in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
11. What is the name of Theo’s father’s secretary that calls when he stops coming to work in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
12. How old is Theo when his mother is killed?
13. Who is the “big happy Dominican guy” that Theo describes as his favorite doorman in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
14. Who is the Danish girl in Theo’s class that has a crush on Boris in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
(a) Carson McCullers.
(b) Sascha Cable.
(c) Farruco Frantisek.
(d) Saffi Caspersen.
15. Theo says as he leaves for Las Vegas in Chapter 5: “Badr al-Dine” that he has never been out of New York City for more than how many days before?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Andy Barbour’s family live?
2. What movie’s poster hangs over the bed where Pippa lays when Theo meets her in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”?
3. How does Theo describe his mother’s heritage in Chapter 1: “Boy with a Skull”?
4. Where was Theo’s mother from originally?
5. What is the name of Xandra’s dog?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)