|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapter 10: The Idiot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Theo’s mother work at part-time after coming to New York?
(a) Art preservation.
(b) Law assistant.
2. For how long does Theo pre-pay for the storage of the museum painting in Chapter 8: “The Shop-Behind-the-Shop, continued”?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 6 months.
3. Who is the author of Seven Pillars of Wisdom?
(a) T. E. Lawrence.
(b) John Steinbeck.
(c) Francois de la Fochefoucauld.
(d) Carson McCullers.
4. What is the name of the boarding school that Pippa attends in Chapter 7: “The Shop-Behind-the-Shop”?
(a) Institut Mont-Haefeli.
(b) The Kennedy School.
(c) Groton School.
(d) Institut Swisse.
5. What is the name of the boy that Boris becomes jealous over because Kotku flirted with him after class in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
(a) Tyler Olowska.
(b) James Hobart.
(c) Larry Decker.
(d) Chance Barbour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Theo’s mother’s name?
2. Hobie invites Theo to go for dinner at “the Local” with him and whom in Chapter 8: “The Shop-Behind-the-Shop, continued”?
3. What caused the death of Pippa’s mother?
4. What family heirloom does Theo accuse Xandra of stealing from his mother in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
5. At what time does Theo’s plane land in Las Vegas in Chapter 5: “Badr al-Dine”?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)