|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 6: Wind, Sand and Stars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Andy Barbour’s brother whose room Theo stays in after his mother’s death?
2. What does Theo describe as his greatest fear when he was four or five in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
(a) That his sister hates him.
(b) That he might lose his dog.
(c) That something might happen to his father.
(d) That something might happen to his mother.
3. Who is the school counselor that talks to Theo after his mother’s death in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
(a) Mr. Neuspeil.
(b) Mrs. Swanson.
(c) Miss Thomas.
(d) Mr. Borowsky.
4. Who is the Danish girl in Theo’s class that has a crush on Boris in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
(a) Farruco Frantisek.
(b) Saffi Caspersen.
(c) Sascha Cable.
(d) Carson McCullers.
5. What kind of dog does Xandra have?
(a) A miniature pincher.
(b) A Maltese.
(c) A Great Dane.
(d) A German Shepherd.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Xandra say Theo’s father died in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
2. What is the name of Xandra’s dog?
3. Theo says as he leaves for Las Vegas in Chapter 5: “Badr al-Dine” that he has never been out of New York City for more than how many days before?
4. Who is Theo’s history teacher that he describes as having grown up in a tough Boston neighborhood in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”?
5. What museum are Theo and his mother when his mother is killed?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)