|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 6: Wind, Sand and Stars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Theo duct-taped the painting in a hiding place in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
(a) On the underside of his desk.
(b) Under his carpet in his bedroom.
(c) Above the ceiling fan.
(d) Behind his headboard.
2. A quote from what author opens Part II of The Goldfinch?
(a) Percy Shelley.
(b) James Joyce.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) Arthur Rimbaud.
3. Who is Theo’s English teacher in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
(a) Miss Jones.
(b) Mrs. Swanson.
(c) Mr. Neuspeil.
(d) Mr. Borowsky.
4. What does Theo say Kotku’s last name is in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
5. Who is the Danish girl in Theo’s class that has a crush on Boris in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
(a) Carson McCullers.
(b) Saffi Caspersen.
(c) Sascha Cable.
(d) Farruco Frantisek.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the “semi-famous actor” that visits Theo at the Barbours’ home after his mother’s death in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
2. What does Theo describe as his greatest fear when he was four or five in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
3. What museum are Theo and his mother when his mother is killed?
4. What job did Theo’s mother work at part-time after coming to New York?
5. What character from Sesame Street does Theo compare the “Hispanic guy in a shirt and tie” to that arrives at his door in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)