|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3: Park Avenue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the telephone message from that Theo listens to after returning home from the bombing in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
(a) Mr. Neuspeil.
2. What is the name of Andy Barbour’s brother whose room Theo stays in after his mother’s death?
3. After receiving the phone call from Child Services in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson,” Theo describes himself as “immobile, stunned with despair,” and compares himself with what animals?
(c) Lab rats.
(d) Stranded cats.
4. What does Theo describe as his greatest fear when he was four or five in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
(a) That something might happen to his mother.
(b) That his sister hates him.
(c) That he might lose his dog.
(d) That something might happen to his father.
5. Where do the social workers tell Theo his mother’s body is being held in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
(a) Newark General Hospital.
(b) Brooklyn King's Hospital.
(c) New York Hospital.
(d) Bellevue Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Theo’s mother plan to buy a gift for at the gift store before she is killed in Chapter 1: “Boy with a Skull”?
2. What is the name of the social worker from the Department of Child and Family Services that calls Theo and asks to speak to his father in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
3. What museum are Theo and his mother when his mother is killed?
4. Why does Theo say his father is indisposed when the Department of Child and Family Services calls in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
5. Who does Theo say “avoided me as assiduously as if I were a girl he’d dumped” after the death of his mother in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)