|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 7: The Shop-Behind-the-Shop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theo say Kotku’s last name is in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
2. What movie’s poster hangs over the bed where Pippa lays when Theo meets her in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”?
(a) The Wizard of Oz.
(b) It's a Wonderful Life.
(c) The Royal Tenenbaums.
3. Who is the housekeeper that Theo’s mother has to let go after Theo’s father leaves in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
4. Where do the social workers tell Theo his mother’s body is being held in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
(a) New York Hospital.
(b) Brooklyn King's Hospital.
(c) Newark General Hospital.
(d) Bellevue Hospital.
5. How does Theo describe the woman that arrives at his door in the end of Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
(a) A tall Native American woman.
(b) A chubby Korean woman.
(c) An elderly black woman.
(d) A petite Irish woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Andy Barbour’s younger siblings?
2. Where was the painter George van der Mijn born?
3. What is the name of Andy Barbour’s brother whose room Theo stays in after his mother’s death?
4. Who is Theo’s history teacher that he describes as having grown up in a tough Boston neighborhood in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”?
5. What does Hobie tell Theo that he is, as opposed to a businessman, in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)