Part I, Chapter 1: The Boy with a Skull
• Chapter 1: “Boy with a Skull” is divided into six sections.
• Part I is related from the perspective of the protagonist, Theodore "Theo" Decker, and describes a week that Theo has spent in a hotel in Amsterdam, never leaving his room during the day.
• Theo reads newspapers and refers vaguely to being hunted for a crime, before describing a dream in which his mother appears to him as a reflection in a mirror at Hobie's shop.
• In Parts II through VI, Theo describes the impact of his mother's death during his childhood.
• Theo adored his mother, who had moved to New York from Kansas and was a beautiful woman who had a brief stint modeling.
• Theo describes the events that occurred on April 10, fourteen years prior, when Theo was thirteen and his mother was killed.
• During a visit to the Metropolitan...
This section contains 3,248 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)