|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gebu and Wenamon do as Ranofer is watching them?
(a) Drink some wine.
(b) Sit and talk.
(c) Pull items out of a bag.
(d) Continue down the path.
2. Who comes by and stops the guards from taking Ranofer away?
(a) A dwarf.
(b) A midget.
(c) The young prince.
(d) The princess.
3. In what condition is Gebu when he arrives at home the night Ranofer went into his room?
(c) Beat up.
4. Who does Ranofer hear speaking as he looks into a room?
(b) A tomb guard.
5. What does Ranofer notice about a judge's tomb?
(a) It is too large.
(b) Judges do not get tombs only kings and queens.
(c) It is too small.
(d) It has a strange chamber.
6. Why do Heqet and the Ancient stay by the rock Ranofer put over the opening?
(a) To guard it.
(b) To knock Gebu over the head.
(c) The Ancient cannot run.
(d) They are the oldest.
7. What does Ranofer ask the Ancient about the two men hung for theft?
(a) If they had any children.
(b) If he knew who they were.
(c) How they were caught.
(d) If hanging is the only punishment for stealing from tombs.
8. What does Ranofer think about what the Ancient overheard?
(a) That the queen will apprentice him to Zau.
(b) That Gebu will bring the goblet home.
(c) That he would be apprenticed to Rekh.
(d) That Setma had sold the goblet.
9. What does the Ancient tell Ranofer he overheard?
(a) Gebu arguing with Setma.
(b) Gebu and Setma making plans.
(c) Zau planned to see the queen about Ranofer.
(d) Rekh was looking for an apprentice.
10. Who does Ranofer tell about Gebu's possessions?
(b) Heqet and the Ancient.
11. What does Ranofer do when he is frightened?
(a) Call out to Gebu.
(b) Run to the river.
(c) Run home.
(d) Jumps into the opening.
12. Where do Heqet and the Ancient see Ranofer?
(a) Running for town.
(b) Coming up some steps.
(c) Coming from behind a boulder.
(d) Jumping unto the path.
13. How long do Heqet and the Ancient wait for Ranofer at the river?
(a) Until the first songs start on the river.
(b) Until the last barge is ready to leave.
(c) Until they finish breakfast.
(d) Until the sun is rising.
14. In what does Ranofer take an interest at the shop?
(a) Plans for the tombs.
(b) Building stone walls.
(c) Building stone houses.
(d) Sculpting stone.
15. What frightens Ranofer one night when he is going to follow Gebu?
(a) The neighbor.
(b) A camel.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gebu hide the golden goblet?
2. What does Ranofer realize Gebu is wearing that is new?
3. What does the queen ask Ranofer?
4. Who joins up with Ranofer the first night he follows Gebu?
5. Why do Gebu and Wenamon often go to Gebu's shop?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)