|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the queen give Ranofer besides his request?
(a) New clothes and gifts for his friend.
(c) A position in the palace guard.
(d) New sandals.
2. Where are Wenamon and Gebu when Ranofer peeks into a room in the tomb?
(a) Going back to the surface via another route.
(b) In the room in which Ranofer is looking.
(c) Behind Ranofer.
(d) In another chamber.
3. Where do Heqet and the Ancient see Ranofer?
(a) Coming from behind a boulder.
(b) Coming up some steps.
(c) Jumping unto the path.
(d) Running for town.
4. What does the queen do after Ranofer answers her question?
(a) Sends guards to the tomb.
(b) Calls for the king.
(c) Calls for the palace captain.
(d) Goes to the Festival.
5. Why do you think Ranofer is following Gebu?
(a) To catch him stealing.
(b) To kill him.
(c) To get some money for himself.
(d) To find out if he has a girlfriend.
6. When Ranofer looks into a room in the tomb what does he think he sees?
(a) Someone staring at him.
(b) Nothing, it is too dark.
(c) A statue of a queen.
(d) A tomb cat.
7. Who joins up with Ranofer the first night he follows Gebu?
(a) The Ancient.
(b) No one.
8. What does Gebu and Wenamon do as Ranofer is watching them?
(a) Sit and talk.
(b) Continue down the path.
(c) Drink some wine.
(d) Pull items out of a bag.
9. What does Ranofer realize Gebu is wearing that is new?
(a) A new hat.
(b) A necklace.
(d) A linen shirt.
10. Where is the first place Gebu goes the first time Ranofer follows him?
(a) To the shop.
(b) To the tombs.
(c) To Wenamon's house.
(d) To the palace.
11. What does Ranofer do before he leaves the room?
(a) Steal the item.
(b) Return the item to its place.
(c) Sweep the floor.
(d) Make the bed.
12. Who does Ranofer tell about Gebu's possessions?
(d) Heqet and the Ancient.
13. What does the queen ask Ranofer?
(a) To describe the tomb.
(b) What is his brother's name.
(c) Why he was in the valley to begin with.
(d) Who is father is.
14. What does Ranofer continue to try to find?
(a) New sandals.
(b) An apprenticehship with a blacksmith.
(c) More food.
(d) The golden goblet.
15. Why do Heqet and the Ancient stay by the rock Ranofer put over the opening?
(a) The Ancient cannot run.
(b) They are the oldest.
(c) To knock Gebu over the head.
(d) To guard it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ranofer see when he looks closely at the place Gebu disappeared?
2. What do Ranofer and his friends decide to do about Gebu?
3. Who does Ranofer hear speaking as he looks into a room?
4. Where does his rescuer take him?
5. What does Ranofer take to the bottom of the opening where he jumped?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)