|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ranofer and his friends decide to do about Gebu?
(a) Turn him in to the authorities.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Talk to them.
(d) Spy on him and his friends.
2. What happens after Ranofer answers questions about the goblet?
(a) He is sent home.
(b) He is taken to a room for food and a nap.
(c) He returns to Heqet and the Ancient.
(d) He waits in the throne room for instructions.
3. What does Ranofer break into in Gebu's room?
(a) A dresser.
(b) A chest.
(c) A wooden box.
(d) A linen closet.
4. Where does his rescuer take him?
(a) Into the palace.
(b) To the dungeon.
(c) To the audience hall.
(d) To his chambers.
5. Where is the first place Gebu goes the first time Ranofer follows him?
(a) To the palace.
(b) To the tombs.
(c) To Wenamon's house.
(d) To the shop.
6. What does Ranofer do when he is frightened?
(a) Call out to Gebu.
(b) Run to the river.
(c) Jumps into the opening.
(d) Run home.
7. Why doesn't Ranofer follow Gebu the first night after he decides to do it?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) Gebur tied him up.
(c) Gebu locked him inside.
(d) He is too sore to move.
8. What does Gebu and Wenamon do as Ranofer is watching them?
(a) Drink some wine.
(b) Continue down the path.
(c) Pull items out of a bag.
(d) Sit and talk.
9. Where does Gebu hide the golden goblet?
(a) In the hills near the river.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) In the judge's tomb.
(d) In the scroll room.
10. What seems to be one of Gebu's favorite activities?
(b) Playing dice games.
(c) Boating on the Nile.
(d) Dating women.
11. Where do Heqet and the Ancient see Ranofer?
(a) Jumping unto the path.
(b) Coming from behind a boulder.
(c) Coming up some steps.
(d) Running for town.
12. What is the Ancient's response to Ranofer's question?
(a) He knew them a little.
(b) They did not have children.
(c) The thieves were followed.
(d) Hanging is the only punishment.
13. Whose tomb does Ranofer think he is inside?
(a) Neret and Bata.
(c) Huaa and Tuaa.
14. What does Ranofer see when he looks closely at the place Gebu disappeared?
(a) A set of steps.
(b) A statue of a king.
(c) A door.
(d) Another man.
15. What does Ranofer see at a location near the bottom of the tomb?
(a) A place where a hole has been broken in the plaster.
(b) His brother and Wenamon.
(c) A statue of a cat.
(d) Two lizards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ranofer do before he leaves the room?
2. What does Ranofer take to the bottom of the opening where he jumped?
3. What does Heqet tell the Ancient about when Ranofer does not show up?
4. What does the queen ask Ranofer?
5. What does Gebu do when he comes into the shop right after Ranofer in Chapter 9?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)