|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hap not with Svanja?
2. Why does Tom use the Skill to bring Thick to him?
3. How would Golden be able to go without being a member of the party?
4. What does Tom do when Dutiful does not come for his lesson?
5. What does Chade tell Tom he must do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Queen do about the Old Bloods?
2. How does Tom find out about Thick's spying and what does Civil teach Dutiful?
3. What does Golden want to do about the quest and how does Chade handle Golden and why does Chade do what he does with Golden?
4. How does Tom heal from his stab wound?
5. What does Hap tell Tom about Svanja and what is Tom's response?
6. What does Tom realize about the coterie and what does Chade want to do about the coterie?
7. What happens between Tom and Svanja's father and what does Hap tell Tom about love?
8. What do some of the Old Blood want and how does Web react to being a hostage? How does Tom see Web?
9. What happens during Tom's confrontation with Laudwine, when does he see Henja and what happens to Tom right after he sees Henja?
10. What weapon will Tom carry and why and what does Chade tell Tom about Swift?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Politics and manipulation influence much of what happens in Assassin's Quest, including some of Fitz's choices in response to others attempting to manipulate him. Discuss one of the following:
1. Describe the political situation in "The Golden Fool" and how it impacts the actions of three of the major characters.
2. Discuss and analyze several people who try to manipulate Fitz and his responses to them.
3. Although Fitz is considered inferior because he is a bastard, he seems to be as deep into the political situation as any of the legitimately born nobles. Discuss why you think this is so?
Essay Topic 2
Characters are an important part of what makes "The Golden Fool" interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Fitz. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he always likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
2. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of the Narcheska. What are her strengths? Her weaknesses? How does she contribute to the plot? Is she a sympathetic character? Is she ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
3. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of Dutiful. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he always likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. Discuss the following:
1. Fully explain why you think The Golden Fool is titled as such. Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Can you think of a better title? Why would you choose it?
2. How important is a title in influencing you to consider reading a book? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Explain your answer.
4. Have you ever read a book that when you finished, you do not understand the relevance of the title? Does it discourage you from "trusting" that particular author again?
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)