|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Burrich prejudiced against Wit?
2. Who had the same problem with Tom as Dutiful in the Skill?
3. What is everyone talking about in the Chapter Spring Sailing?
4. Why does Kebal want to kill Fitz or Tom?
5. What has changed in Golden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do some of the Old Blood want and how does Web react to being a hostage? How does Tom see Web?
2. Why does Tom worry about Dutiful and how are the Skill lessons going with the coterie?
3. Why is Swift at court and what is the Queen's decision about him?
4. What does Tom say to Golden before he leaves?
5. How does Tom heal from his stab wound?
6. Who will go with Dutiful on his quest, who is teaching Dutiful, Civil and Swift about the Old Blood and what is Swift now?
7. What does Starling tell Tom about her marriage and what is his response?
8. What happens during Tom's confrontation with Laudwine, when does he see Henja and what happens to Tom right after he sees Henja?
9. What does Civil do about the meeting between the Queen and the Old Blood and how does everyone feel about his action?
10. Where is Tom when he wakes up from being stabbed and who comes to get him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of growth in "The Golden Fool". Consider the following questions as you write: What characters are most concerned with growth? Why? What are some symbols of growth? Symbols of rigidity? What characters seem rigid?
2. Trace and analyze the theme of courage in "The Golden Fool". Which characters struggle with this issue? Why? Which characters seem to possess courage? Why?
3. Trace and analyze the theme of death in "The Golden Fool". Include the homicides and suicide that happen in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Characters are an important part of what makes "The Golden Fool" interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Fitz. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he always likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
2. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of the Narcheska. What are her strengths? Her weaknesses? How does she contribute to the plot? Is she a sympathetic character? Is she ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
3. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of Dutiful. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he always likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Politics and manipulation influence much of what happens in Assassin's Quest, including some of Fitz's choices in response to others attempting to manipulate him. Discuss one of the following:
1. Describe the political situation in "The Golden Fool" and how it impacts the actions of three of the major characters.
2. Discuss and analyze several people who try to manipulate Fitz and his responses to them.
3. Although Fitz is considered inferior because he is a bastard, he seems to be as deep into the political situation as any of the legitimately born nobles. Discuss why you think this is so?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)