Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Chade burned?
2. What does the Queen announce about the Witted?
3. For what reason does Thick's employer tell Thick to be careful of Tom?
4. Who had the same problem with Tom as Dutiful in the Skill?
5. How long does Tom sleep after he is healed?
In "The Golden Fool" it appears that most of the true heroics are done by men. This type of stereotyping is changing and women are being given more and more active, heroic and physical roles in fantasy novels.
1. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Queen Kettricken.
2. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Laurel.
3. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Jinna.
One of the common elements of fantasy is the presence of some sort of magic. Discuss the following:
1. What sort of cultural problems do you think the United States would have if it were suddenly discovered that 1% of its population possessed magical abilities similar to the Wit or the Skill?
2. If you had a choice between having the Wit or the Skill, which would you chose? Why?
3. Would you want to part of the 1% of the population that possesses magical abilities? Why or why not?
4. Do you think most people would use their magical abilities for good or evil? Explain.
In "The Golden Fool", there seems to be more individuals/groups who are not trustworthy than are: Discuss one of the following:
1. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are untrustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout "The Golden Fool".
2. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are trustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout "The Golden Fool".
3. Who do you think Fitz trusts in this book and is his trust well founded? Who does he mistrust and why? Give specific examples.
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)