|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prince think of Thick?
2. What happens in Tom's body when it is healed?
3. What does Dutiful ask Thick to do?
4. How is Nettle feeling towards Tom in his dreams?
5. Why is Tom's wound so dangerous?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tom worry about Dutiful and how are the Skill lessons going with the coterie?
2. Where has Civil been, and why does Tom not trust Civil?
3. What does Tom tell Chade about Golden and what is Chade's response?
4. How does Tom get Thick's red whistle to him, what does he tell Dutiful and Thick and what does Dutiful think of Thick?
5. What does Hap tell Tom about Svanja and what is Tom's response?
6. What does Civil do about the meeting between the Queen and the Old Blood and how does everyone feel about his action?
7. What does Tom realize about the coterie and what does Chade want to do about the coterie?
8. What happens to Civil's mother and why does it happen?
9. What happens during Tom's confrontation with Laudwine, when does he see Henja and what happens to Tom right after he sees Henja?
10. What happens between Tom and Svanja's father and what does Hap tell Tom about love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Politics and manipulation influence much of what happens in Assassin's Quest, including some of Fitz's choices in response to others attempting to manipulate him. Discuss one of the following:
1. Describe the political situation in "The Golden Fool" and how it impacts the actions of three of the major characters.
2. Discuss and analyze several people who try to manipulate Fitz and his responses to them.
3. Although Fitz is considered inferior because he is a bastard, he seems to be as deep into the political situation as any of the legitimately born nobles. Discuss why you think this is so?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. What is a plot? What are the most important elements of a plot and their definition? Do all novels have a plot? Why or why not?
2. Write a brief synopsis of the plot of "The Golden Fool", identifying where the various elements of the plot occur (Exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution or denouement). Do you find it difficult to identify the plot? Why or why not? What about the various elements of the plot?
3. Identify the major sub-plots and their elements in "The Golden Fool". (The subplots may not contain every element of a major plot). Do the sub-plots add to the main plot? Why or why not. Are the sub-plots interesting in and of themselves? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In "The Golden Fool" it appears that most of the true heroics are done by men. This type of stereotyping is changing and women are being given more and more active, heroic and physical roles in fantasy novels.
1. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Queen Kettricken.
2. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Laurel.
3. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Jinna.
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)