Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peottre do with the gown given to Narcheska for the ball?
2. What does Peottre put on the Narcheska's back?
3. Of whom is Dutiful jealous?
4. What does Chade say about Nettle?
5. What does the Queen tell Tom about his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tom able to go to his cottage to retrieve his belongings and what does he find when he arrives there?
2. How does Tom speak with his daughter in Chapter III?
3. What happens during Tom's confrontation with Laudwine, when does he see Henja and what happens to Tom right after he sees Henja?
4. What happens when Tom meets with the Queen in Chapter IV?
5. What does Dutiful ask Tom about Golden and what is Tom's response?
6. What does Tom see and hear when he spies on the Narcheska?
7. What does Laurel tell Tom?
8. Why is Nettle upset and what is Tom's advice to her?
9. Why does Tom worry about Dutiful and how are the Skill lessons going with the coterie?
10. How does Tom heal from his stab wound?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following:
Trace and analyze the theme of power throughout "The Golden Fool".
Trace and analyze the theme of magic throughout "The Golden Fool".
Trace and analyze the theme of evil throughout "The Golden Fool".
Essay Topic 2
Politics and manipulation influence much of what happens in Assassin's Quest, including some of Fitz's choices in response to others attempting to manipulate him. Discuss one of the following:
1. Describe the political situation in "The Golden Fool" and how it impacts the actions of three of the major characters.
2. Discuss and analyze several people who try to manipulate Fitz and his responses to them.
3. Although Fitz is considered inferior because he is a bastard, he seems to be as deep into the political situation as any of the legitimately born nobles. Discuss why you think this is so?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why?
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. Which 3 secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)