|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Burrich prejudiced against Wit?
(a) He believes it is dangerous for the nation.
(b) He thinks it has hurt Nettle.
(c) He thinks it harmful to animals.
(d) He thinks it killed Fitz.
2. What does Chade say about the Bingtown traders and their dragon?
(a) Their dragon is too old to be of any use.
(b) They are lying.
(c) Their dragon is stone.
(d) They are telling the truth.
3. What does Tom realize about the coterie and Golden?
(a) Golden is not a member of the coterie.
(b) It will be broken without Golden.
(c) Golden is a central member of the coterie.
(d) It will be stronger without Golden.
4. Why is Chade difficult to teach Skill?
(a) He does not like Dutiful.
(b) He won't listen to Tom.
(c) He has little power.
(d) He has started older than he should.
5. Who does Web teach about the Old Blood?
(a) Dutiful, Civil and Swift.
(b) Tom and Dutiful.
(c) The Queen and Dutiful.
(d) Civil and Dutiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Golden plan to do about Dutiful's quest?
2. What does Nettle tell Tom in his dreams?
3. What does Dutiful ask Thick to do?
4. How does Tom feel when they ride to meet the Old Blood?
5. What does Laudwine tell Padget to do about Civil?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Civil's mother and why does it happen?
2. What does Civil do about the meeting between the Queen and the Old Blood and how does everyone feel about his action?
3. How does Tom get Thick's red whistle to him, what does he tell Dutiful and Thick and what does Dutiful think of Thick?
4. Where is Tom when he wakes up from being stabbed and who comes to get him?
5. Why does Tom worry about Dutiful and how are the Skill lessons going with the coterie?
6. What rumor is passed around about Laudwine's death?
7. What weapon will Tom carry and why and what does Chade tell Tom about Swift?
8. What does the Queen do about the Witted?
9. Why is Nettle upset and what is Tom's advice to her?
10. What do some of the Old Blood want and how does Web react to being a hostage? How does Tom see Web?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)