|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Dutiful tries to Skill Tom when Tom is fighting?
(a) Tom overpowers Dutiful.
(b) Dutiful cannot hear Tom.
(c) Dutiful overpowers Tom.
(d) Tom cannot hear him.
2. What does Dutiful ask Thick to do?
(a) Come on the quest with him.
(c) Stop Thick's constant music.
(d) Saddle his horse.
3. How does Tom use Thick in teaching Chade Skill?
(a) To push Chade to attack Thick.
(b) To show him about music and Skill.
(c) To help Chade hear Thick.
(d) To soothe Chade's agitation.
4. What do some of the Old Blood want from the Queen?
(a) Their children in the court.
(b) Dutiful to be open about his Wit.
(d) Concessions for extra civil rights.
5. What were the Piebalds doing to Civil's mother?
(a) Sexually assaulting her.
(b) Pressuring her to join them.
(c) Stealing her money.
(d) Trashing her estate to keep her afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom realize about Chade and Skill?
2. For what reason does Thick's employer tell Thick to be careful of Tom?
3. What does Tom see in a mirror?
4. Who will go with Dutiful on his trip?
5. What is Tom doing about Nettle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tom get Thick's red whistle to him, what does he tell Dutiful and Thick and what does Dutiful think of Thick?
2. How does Tom hear the conversation between Laudwine and Padget and what does he find out?
3. What does the Queen do about the Old Bloods?
4. What does Golden want to do about the quest and how does Chade handle Golden and why does Chade do what he does with Golden?
5. What happens to Civil's mother and why does it happen?
6. Why does Tom worry about Dutiful and how are the Skill lessons going with the coterie?
7. Why is Swift at court and what is the Queen's decision about him?
8. Why is Nettle upset and what is Tom's advice to her?
9. What happens between Tom and Svanja's father and what does Hap tell Tom about love?
10. What rumor is passed around about Laudwine's death?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)