|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dutiful ask Thick to do?
(a) Come on the quest with him.
(b) Saddle his horse.
(d) Stop Thick's constant music.
2. What do the scrolls say will happen to anyone who speaks the truth about the prince?
(a) They will be killed.
(b) They will be brought to the Queen.
(c) They will be laughed at and scorned.
(d) The scrolls do not mention the prince.
3. Why is Swift at the court?
(a) To see Tom.
(b) To see Web.
(c) To ask to be a page.
(d) To ask if he can join the Queen's guard.
4. How is Nettle feeling towards Tom in his dreams?
5. Why is Chade difficult to teach Skill?
(a) He won't listen to Tom.
(b) He has started older than he should.
(c) He does not like Dutiful.
(d) He has little power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Thick's employers call Tom?
2. What happens with Tom and Svanja's father?
3. What does Hap say to Tom about love?
4. What does the Prince think of Thick?
5. What does Tom realize about Chade and Skill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tom find out about Civil and the Piebalds and what does he hear about them? What does Tom do about it?
2. How does Tom get Thick's red whistle to him, what does he tell Dutiful and Thick and what does Dutiful think of Thick?
3. What does the Queen do about the Old Bloods?
4. What idea does Tom discuss in the epilogue?
5. Where has Civil been, and why does Tom not trust Civil?
6. What does the Queen say about Nettle?
7. What does Hap tell Tom about Svanja and what is Tom's response?
8. What does Tom say to Golden before he leaves?
9. What does Starling tell Tom about her marriage and what is his response?
10. How does Tom hear the conversation between Laudwine and Padget and what does he find out?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)