|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom use Thick in teaching Chade Skill?
(a) To soothe Chade's agitation.
(b) To help Chade hear Thick.
(c) To show him about music and Skill.
(d) To push Chade to attack Thick.
2. What does Tom say to Golden about the quest?
(a) He does not want to go on the quest.
(b) He is happy Golden is going.
(c) He believes he will dies on the quest.
(d) He apologizes and says he will miss him.
3. What has changed in Golden?
(a) He drinks and gambles.
(b) He says he does not love Tom.
(c) He does not support the Queen.
(d) He is seeing Starling as a lover.
4. Why is Hap not with Svanja?
(a) Her father has locked her in the house.
(b) She wants an older man.
(c) She has run away from home.
(d) She has taken up with a sailor.
5. With what weapon will Tom fight?
(a) A sword.
(b) A bow and arrows.
(c) A staff.
(d) An axe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Dutiful tries to Skill Tom when Tom is fighting?
2. What does Tom realize about the coterie and Golden?
3. What does Starling tell Tom about her husband?
4. What do Thick's employers call Tom?
5. What is Swift doing at the court?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Golden want to do about the quest and how does Chade handle Golden and why does Chade do what he does with Golden?
2. What does Tom realize about the coterie and what does Chade want to do about the coterie?
3. Where is Tom when he wakes up from being stabbed and who comes to get him?
4. How does Tom heal from his stab wound?
5. What does Tom say to Golden before he leaves?
6. What does the Queen do about the Old Bloods?
7. What happens during Tom's confrontation with Laudwine, when does he see Henja and what happens to Tom right after he sees Henja?
8. How does Tom get Thick's red whistle to him, what does he tell Dutiful and Thick and what does Dutiful think of Thick?
9. What does Civil do about the meeting between the Queen and the Old Blood and how does everyone feel about his action?
10. Why is Nettle upset and what is Tom's advice to her?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)