|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Tom want Dutiful and Thick to have a lesson?
(a) Twice a week.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Every other day.
2. For what reason does Thick's employer tell Thick to be careful of Tom?
(a) Tom chopped off Laudwine's arm.
(b) Tom is using Thick.
(c) Tom killed Nighteyes.
(d) Tom has a vendetta against all Witted.
3. Why is Nettle upset?
(a) Burrich and Swift won't tell her why they fight.
(b) She wants Tom to come visit her.
(c) She is not allowed to meet Tom.
(d) She is being sent to court.
4. Why does Web stay at the palace?
(a) To teach the Farseers about the Old Blood ways.
(b) He likes one of the ladies-in-waiting.
(c) He likes the food.
(d) He is too old to travel around anymore.
5. Why does the Queen want Nettle to come to court?
(a) To be her lady-in-waiting.
(b) To be a part of the prince's coterie.
(c) To train with Chade like Tom did.
(d) To meet her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom hear again in his dreams?
2. What does Tom demand of Golden and Chade while he is recovering?
3. Why does the Queen ride out to meet the Old Blood?
4. Who is Laudwine's middle man with Thick?
5. On whom were the deaths of Padget and Laudwine blamed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom notice when he looks in the mirror after being healed?
2. What does Civil do about the meeting between the Queen and the Old Blood and how does everyone feel about his action?
3. What does Tom tell Chade about Golden and what is Chade's response?
4. How does Tom find out about Thick's spying and what does Civil teach Dutiful?
5. What weapon will Tom carry and why and what does Chade tell Tom about Swift?
6. Where is Tom when he wakes up from being stabbed and who comes to get him?
7. What does Hap tell Tom about Svanja and what is Tom's response?
8. Why does Tom worry about Dutiful and how are the Skill lessons going with the coterie?
9. What idea does Tom discuss in the epilogue?
10. What does the Queen do about the Old Bloods?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)