|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom demand of Golden and Chade while he is recovering?
(a) They allow him to begin the lessons again.
(b) They tell the Queen to allow Swift to be a page.
(c) They tell him was has been happening.
(d) They keep Nettle from coming to the court.
2. What does the Queen announce about the Witted?
(a) She will allow them their own town.
(b) She will welcome them in her court.
(c) She announces them to have special status.
(d) She asks they join the army.
3. What does Tom say to Golden about the quest?
(a) He believes he will dies on the quest.
(b) He apologizes and says he will miss him.
(c) He does not want to go on the quest.
(d) He is happy Golden is going.
4. What does Golden plan to do about Dutiful's quest?
(a) Accompany him.
(b) Stop him from going.
(c) Finance it.
(d) Draw him a detailed map to follow.
5. Why is Nettle upset?
(a) Burrich and Swift won't tell her why they fight.
(b) She wants Tom to come visit her.
(c) She is not allowed to meet Tom.
(d) She is being sent to court.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Queen want Nettle to come to court?
2. What does the Queen tell Tom after he is healed?
3. For what reason does Thick's employer tell Thick to be careful of Tom?
4. What were the Piebalds doing to Civil's mother?
5. What is Tom doing about Nettle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where has Civil been, and why does Tom not trust Civil?
2. Why is Swift at court and what is the Queen's decision about him?
3. What idea does Tom discuss in the epilogue?
4. How does Tom hear the conversation between Laudwine and Padget and what does he find out?
5. What does the Queen do about the Old Bloods?
6. What does Hap tell Tom about Svanja and what is Tom's response?
7. Who will go with Dutiful on his quest, who is teaching Dutiful, Civil and Swift about the Old Blood and what is Swift now?
8. What rumor is passed around about Laudwine's death?
9. What does Tom tell Chade about Golden and what is Chade's response?
10. What weapon will Tom carry and why and what does Chade tell Tom about Swift?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)