|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chade say about the Bingtown traders and their dragon?
(a) They are telling the truth.
(b) Their dragon is too old to be of any use.
(c) They are lying.
(d) Their dragon is stone.
2. What does Starling tell Tom about her husband?
(a) He is spying on the Queen.
(b) He wants to have a child.
(c) He no longer wants her sexually.
(d) He wants a divorce.
3. What does Chade tell Tom he must do?
(a) Keep the dragon safe.
(b) Take care of Swift.
(c) Kill Kebal.
(d) Watch the Nacheska.
4. Who will go with Dutiful on his trip?
(a) The whole coteire and Chade.
(b) Two companies of the guard.
(c) The coterie and Nettle.
(d) The coterie without Golden.
5. How is Tom healed of his injury?
(a) A hedgewitch uses herbs on him.
(b) Tom heals himself.
(c) Jinna heals him.
(d) A coterie of Golden, Dutiful, Chade and Thick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dutiful tell Tom he knows about Tom?
2. Who does the Queen get in exchange for Dutiful?
3. What does the Queen tell Tom after he is healed?
4. Why is Chade difficult to teach Skill?
5. What does Tom do when Dutiful does not come for his lesson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom tell Chade about Golden and what is Chade's response?
2. What does Tom say to Golden before he leaves?
3. What does Tom notice when he looks in the mirror after being healed?
4. What happens to Civil's mother and why does it happen?
5. What weapon will Tom carry and why and what does Chade tell Tom about Swift?
6. What idea does Tom discuss in the epilogue?
7. What does Starling tell Tom about her marriage and what is his response?
8. What does the Queen do about the Witted?
9. Where has Civil been, and why does Tom not trust Civil?
10. What rumor is passed around about Laudwine's death?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)