|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of symbol does Tom discuss in the epilogue?
(a) A star.
(b) A circle.
(c) A triangle.
(d) A square.
2. What happens when Civil was in danger?
(a) His cat attacked Dutiful.
(b) Dutiful hid Civil.
(c) His cat attacked the Queen.
(d) Tom hid Civil.
3. What does Tom realize about scrolls he is reading?
(a) They were written by Verity.
(b) Chade has kept them from Tom.
(c) They were written after Verity died.
(d) They are incorrect in many beliefs.
4. What does Tom say is the way to a better life?
(a) Having the courage to make new mistakes.
(b) To work harder than anyone else.
(c) To never stop learning.
(d) Admitting when you are wrong.
5. Why does Chade let Golden believe he is going?
(a) So Golden will not make other plans.
(b) So Golden will stay happy.
(c) So Dutiful will believe Golden is going.
(d) To keep Tom happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom respond to Dutiful telling Tom about his knowledge?
2. Why is Nettle upset?
3. Why does Tom use the Skill to bring Thick to him?
4. What does Chade say about the Bingtown traders and their dragon?
5. Where does Tom wake up after he kills Laudwine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tom get Thick's red whistle to him, what does he tell Dutiful and Thick and what does Dutiful think of Thick?
2. Where is Tom when he wakes up from being stabbed and who comes to get him?
3. What does Tom tell Chade about Golden and what is Chade's response?
4. Where has Civil been, and why does Tom not trust Civil?
5. What does Tom say to Golden before he leaves?
6. What weapon will Tom carry and why and what does Chade tell Tom about Swift?
7. What is Golden, why does Kebal hate him and what does Golden say Kebal will do if she comes to power?
8. How does Tom hear the conversation between Laudwine and Padget and what does he find out?
9. Why is Swift at court and what is the Queen's decision about him?
10. Why does Tom worry about Dutiful and how are the Skill lessons going with the coterie?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)