|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom demand of Golden and Chade while he is recovering?
(a) They tell him was has been happening.
(b) They tell the Queen to allow Swift to be a page.
(c) They allow him to begin the lessons again.
(d) They keep Nettle from coming to the court.
2. Why is Chade burned?
(a) He fell in the fire.
(b) He spilt hot soup on his leg.
(c) He tried to use Skill to light a candle.
(d) An experiment blew up on him.
3. What does Tom realize about the coterie and Golden?
(a) It will be broken without Golden.
(b) Golden is not a member of the coterie.
(c) It will be stronger without Golden.
(d) Golden is a central member of the coterie.
4. How does Chade feel about what Golden tells Tom about the world?
(a) He becomes fearful.
(b) He has no reaction to the news.
(c) He wants to kill Golden.
(d) He does not believe it.
5. Why does Tom restore his scars?
(a) He has never liked his face.
(b) He does it by accident.
(c) So he looks like Tom instead of Fitz.
(d) So it looks like he has fought in a war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Civil's mother?
2. What does Tom forbid Chade doing?
3. What happens with Tom and Svanja's father?
4. What do the scrolls say will happen to anyone who speaks the truth about the prince?
5. Why does Tom use the Skill to bring Thick to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Civil's mother and why does it happen?
2. What does Golden want to do about the quest and how does Chade handle Golden and why does Chade do what he does with Golden?
3. What does Tom tell Chade about Golden and what is Chade's response?
4. What idea does Tom discuss in the epilogue?
5. How does Tom heal from his stab wound?
6. How does Tom get Thick's red whistle to him, what does he tell Dutiful and Thick and what does Dutiful think of Thick?
7. What happens between Tom and Svanja's father and what does Hap tell Tom about love?
8. What does the Queen do about the Witted?
9. What happens during Tom's confrontation with Laudwine, when does he see Henja and what happens to Tom right after he sees Henja?
10. What does the Queen do about the Old Bloods?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)