|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom tell Golden when he returns from the forest?
(a) He must go to his cottage.
(b) He is leaving Buckkeep for good.
(c) Dutiful does not have much Skill.
(d) Hap is a lost cause.
2. Where do Tom and Dutiful hold lessons?
(a) In Tom's room.
(b) In the basement.
(c) King Verity's tower.
(d) In Dutiful's suite.
3. What does Golden say Dutiful should learn about the Narcheska?
(a) If she likes to go hunting.
(b) Her cultural norms.
(c) What her mother is like.
(d) What kind of books she reads.
4. What did the Piebalds do to the prince?
(a) Try to assassinate him.
(b) Expose him as witted.
(c) Kidnap him.
(d) Put him on the throne.
5. What does Tom find out when he spies on Civil?
(a) That Civil is stealing from Dutiful.
(b) That Civil knows who Lord Golden is.
(c) Nothing incriminating.
(d) That Civil is connected to the Old Blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom do when the Narcheska makes her announcement?
2. What does Jinna tell Tom when he goes to see her after seeing Starling?
3. What does Starling call Tom?
4. Who does Hap want Tom to meet?
5. What friend of Dutiful's does Tom distrust?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom see and hear when he spies on the Narcheska?
2. Why does Chade tell Tom Thick must be taught the Skill and what does Tom request of the Queen about Nettle?
3. Why does Laurel decide to leave Buckkeep?
4. What do the Piebalds claim about the Witted, and what is actually true about the Piebalds?
5. What happens when Tom goes to Golden's quarters in Chapter XII?
6. What happens when Tom goes to the tavern to look for Hap?
7. How is Tom able to go to his cottage to retrieve his belongings and what does he find when he arrives there?
8. What does Dutiful want from Tom concerning the prince's betrothal party and what does he order Tom to do? How does Golden help with the prince's command to Tom?
9. What is the Piebald's goal and how do they work towards that goal?
10. Why has Bingtown sent ambassadors to Buckkeep?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)