|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chade say Tom must do about Thick?
(a) Make him like the prince.
(b) Heal the problem in his brain.
(c) Train him in the skill.
(d) Take him to the forest to find a bond animal.
2. Of whom is Dutiful jealous?
(c) Lord Golden.
3. What does Golden say Dutiful should learn about the Narcheska?
(a) Her cultural norms.
(b) What kind of books she reads.
(c) If she likes to go hunting.
(d) What her mother is like.
4. What has the Queen said about Nettle?
(a) She must come to Buckkeep.
(b) She must join the prince's coterie.
(c) She has to become a lady-in-waiting.
(d) She can stay in the country.
5. What does Tom offer Chade?
(a) To teach him about the Skill.
(b) To assassinate the leader of the Piebalds.
(c) To leave Buckkeep.
(d) To teach Nettle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom's real name?
2. Where does Tom run into Starling?
3. What does Tom feel in the forest?
4. What relation is Hap to Tom?
5. Where does Nettle show up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tom and Dutiful meet at the castle, what does Tom remember about his skill teacher and what does Tom tell Dutiful?
2. What does Dutiful ask Tom about Golden and what is Tom's response?
3. What happens when Tom meets with the Queen in Chapter IV?
4. What is the Piebald's goal and how do they work towards that goal?
5. Why is Tom sad at the beginning of the book, and what does Lord Golden say about Tom's sadness?
6. How does Dutiful insult the Narcheska?
7. Who is Thick, what is his ability and what does Chade want Tom to do about Thick?
8. What does Dutiful want from Tom concerning the prince's betrothal party and what does he order Tom to do? How does Golden help with the prince's command to Tom?
9. What does the boy from Bingtown ask Tom and what does he tell Tom?
10. How is Tom able to go to his cottage to retrieve his belongings and what does he find when he arrives there?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)