|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jinna tell Tom about Hap?
(a) He is doing well.
(b) He needs discipline.
(c) He works hard for his master.
(d) He does not eat enough.
2. What does Arkon do when he enters the betrothal ceremony?
(a) Confronts Tom.
(b) Yells at the Queen.
(c) Slaps Dutiful on the back.
(d) Cut his arm on his sword.
3. What does the Narcheska say to Dutiful when they come out to ride with him?
(a) She will see if he is good enough to be king.
(b) He will not insult her again.
(c) He is a poor choice for husband.
(d) He is an ignorant child.
4. What does Tom see on the Narcheska's back?
(a) A serpent tattoo.
(b) A tattoo of Dutiful's name.
(c) A large brown birthmark.
(d) Scars from being whipped.
5. What relation is Chade to Tom?
(a) Great uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jinna?
2. Where do Tom and Dutiful go with the Skill?
3. Where does Jinna think Hap should live?
4. What does the boy from Bingtown ask Tom?
5. What does Svanja's father say to Tom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tom able to go to his cottage to retrieve his belongings and what does he find when he arrives there?
2. Why does Laurel decide to leave Buckkeep?
3. Why does Tom and Dutiful meet at the castle, what does Tom remember about his skill teacher and what does Tom tell Dutiful?
4. What conversation does Tom over hear at the beginning of Chapter VI and what is his response?
5. How does Tom speak with his daughter in Chapter III?
6. Why has Bingtown sent ambassadors to Buckkeep?
7. What happens in Dutiful's first skill lesson?
8. What does Dutiful ask Tom about Golden and what is Tom's response?
9. What happens when Tom goes to Golden's quarters in Chapter XII?
10. Why is Tom sad at the beginning of the book, and what does Lord Golden say about Tom's sadness?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)