|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Piebalds do to the prince?
(a) Try to assassinate him.
(b) Put him on the throne.
(c) Kidnap him.
(d) Expose him as witted.
2. What does Dutiful ask Tom about Lord Golden?
(a) If he is a child molester.
(b) If Golden and Tom are lovers.
(c) If he is really a nobleman.
(d) If he was not the former King's Fool.
3. What friend of Dutiful's does Tom distrust?
4. Why is Starling upset with Tom?
(a) He has insulted her husband.
(b) He won't tell her any inside information.
(c) He has taken away her chance at a better life.
(d) He has made her feel ugly.
5. Of whom is Dutiful jealous?
(d) Lord Golden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tom ask Chade to send Thick away during his lessons with Dutiful?
2. What does Jinna tell Tom when he goes to see her after seeing Starling?
3. What is Laurel doing at the Stuck Pig?
4. Where does Tom run into Starling?
5. Where do Tom and Dutiful go with the Skill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Tom goes to Golden's quarters in Chapter XII?
2. Who goes riding with the prince and Lady Vance and what does Peottre announce?
3. What do the Piebalds claim about the Witted, and what is actually true about the Piebalds?
4. How is Tom able to go to his cottage to retrieve his belongings and what does he find when he arrives there?
5. Who is Thick, what is his ability and what does Chade want Tom to do about Thick?
6. What occurs shortly before the Outislanders leave Buckkeep?
7. Who is Starling, where does Tom see her and what happens after Jinna's when Tom leaves Starling?
8. Why is Tom sad at the beginning of the book, and what does Lord Golden say about Tom's sadness?
9. What does the boy from Bingtown ask Tom and what does he tell Tom?
10. How does Dutiful insult the Narcheska?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)