|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say Dutiful must separate?
(a) His needs from his desires.
(b) Skill from Wit.
(c) Private and Public behavior.
(d) His mind from his heart.
2. What happens to Tom when he goes into a public steam bath?
(a) His sword is stolen.
(c) He is attacked.
(d) He is given a massage.
3. Why does Tom ask Chade to send Thick away during his lessons with Dutiful?
(a) Thick's anger interferes with the Skill.
(b) Thick hates the prince.
(c) Thick is too distracting.
(d) Thick is showing up the prince.
4. Of what land is the Narcheska princess?
(b) North Kingdom.
5. What does the Narcheska say Dutiful must do?
(a) Quit being friends with Lady Vance.
(b) Find and slay Icefyre.
(c) Build a boat that will sail to her home.
(d) Take part in a male rite of passage ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tom say he cannot go to the prince's betrothal party?
2. What does Dutiful ask Tom to tell him about?
3. Why is Tom furious with Golden?
4. What does Thick say Nettle said to him?
5. Who does Tom meet in Golden's chambers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tom sad at the beginning of the book, and what does Lord Golden say about Tom's sadness?
2. Who is Starling, where does Tom see her and what happens after Jinna's when Tom leaves Starling?
3. What does Dutiful say about the Narcheska, and what does Golden tell the prince?
4. How does Tom know a little about the Narcheska and what does he see about her?
5. How is Tom able to go to his cottage to retrieve his belongings and what does he find when he arrives there?
6. Where do Tom, Dutiful and Golden go in Chapter III, what does Dutiful ask of Tom, what is Tom's response and why is Dutiful jealous about Tom?
7. What does the boy from Bingtown ask Tom and what does he tell Tom?
8. What happens when Tom goes to the tavern to look for Hap?
9. Who is Thick, what is his ability and what does Chade want Tom to do about Thick?
10. What happens when Tom goes to Golden's quarters in Chapter XII?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)