|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tom furious with Golden?
(a) Golden has taught Dutiful about Wit.
(b) Golden is having an affair with Civil.
(c) Golden has implied they are lovers.
(d) Golden said something bad about the Queen.
2. Of what land is the Narcheska princess?
(d) North Kingdom.
3. Why does Laurel think Tom should leave Buckkeep?
(a) He is a danger to the prince.
(b) He puts the Queen in danger.
(c) He is targeted for assassination.
(d) He is Witted.
4. What does Hap tell Tom when they meet?
(a) He is marrying Svanja.
(b) He has lost his apprenticeship.
(c) Jinna has kicked him out.
(d) Svanja has left him.
5. What did the Piebalds do to the prince?
(a) Put him on the throne.
(b) Expose him as witted.
(c) Try to assassinate him.
(d) Kidnap him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Queen tell Tom about his mother?
2. What does Dutiful teach Civil?
3. What friend of Dutiful's does Tom distrust?
4. Where do Tom and Dutiful hold lessons?
5. What does Golden say Dutiful should learn about the Narcheska?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Laurel decide to leave Buckkeep?
2. Who is Thick, what is his ability and what does Chade want Tom to do about Thick?
3. What does Dutiful say about the Narcheska, and what does Golden tell the prince?
4. Why is Tom sad at the beginning of the book, and what does Lord Golden say about Tom's sadness?
5. What happens in Dutiful's first skill lesson?
6. Why does Chade tell Tom Thick must be taught the Skill and what does Tom request of the Queen about Nettle?
7. Why has Bingtown sent ambassadors to Buckkeep?
8. What conversation does Tom over hear at the beginning of Chapter VI and what is his response?
9. What is the Piebald's goal and how do they work towards that goal?
10. What does Dutiful want from Tom concerning the prince's betrothal party and what does he order Tom to do? How does Golden help with the prince's command to Tom?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)