|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peottre do with the gown given to Narcheska for the ball?
(a) Has the Narcheska try it on.
(b) Rips it up.
(c) Sends it to be ironed.
(d) Adds some flowers to it.
2. What does Peottre put on the Narcheska's back?
(b) A green salve.
(c) Wet towels and snow.
3. Of whom is Dutiful jealous?
(d) Lord Golden.
4. What does Chade say about Nettle?
(a) She should not come to Buckkeep.
(b) She is too young to be using the Skill.
(c) She must be Witted.
(d) She should be at Buckkeep.
5. What does the Queen tell Tom about his mother?
(a) She was very powerful.
(b) She was a mountain woman.
(c) She was too young.
(d) She came from Buckkkeep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Narcheska announce at the farewell banquet?
2. What does Dutiful teach Civil?
3. What does Bingtown want to do with Chalced?
4. Why does Tom say he cannot go to the prince's betrothal party?
5. With what does the Piebald threaten the Witted?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tom able to go to his cottage to retrieve his belongings and what does he find when he arrives there?
2. How does Tom speak with his daughter in Chapter III?
3. What happens during Tom's confrontation with Laudwine, when does he see Henja and what happens to Tom right after he sees Henja?
4. What happens when Tom meets with the Queen in Chapter IV?
5. What does Dutiful ask Tom about Golden and what is Tom's response?
6. What does Tom see and hear when he spies on the Narcheska?
7. What does Laurel tell Tom?
8. Why is Nettle upset and what is Tom's advice to her?
9. Why does Tom worry about Dutiful and how are the Skill lessons going with the coterie?
10. How does Tom heal from his stab wound?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)