|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the Narcheska?
2. Where does Hap live at the beginning of the book?
(a) With Tom at the palace.
(b) With Jinna.
(c) In a small room over a tavern.
(d) With his master.
3. What does Bingtown want to do with Chalced?
(a) Trade with it.
(b) Destroy it.
(c) Become part of it.
(d) Annex it.
4. Why is Starling upset with Tom?
(a) He has insulted her husband.
(b) He won't tell her any inside information.
(c) He has made her feel ugly.
(d) He has taken away her chance at a better life.
5. Where do Tom and Dutiful go with the Skill?
(a) To Tom's cottage.
(b) To a forest.
(c) To a volcano.
(d) To a beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nettles say is the only time she can reach Tom?
2. What does the Queen give Tom?
3. What does Tom see on the Narcheska's back?
4. What does Svanja's father say to Tom?
5. What did the Piebalds do to the prince?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Dutiful's first skill lesson?
2. What does Dutiful say about the Narcheska, and what does Golden tell the prince?
3. Who is Thick, what is his ability and what does Chade want Tom to do about Thick?
4. Why does Tom think of Molly when he drinks?
5. Who is Starling, where does Tom see her and what happens after Jinna's when Tom leaves Starling?
6. What does Tom tell Hap about Nighteyes, how does Hap feel and why is Tom upset with Hap?
7. What happens when Tom goes to the tavern to look for Hap?
8. Why does Laurel decide to leave Buckkeep?
9. Why is Tom sad at the beginning of the book, and what does Lord Golden say about Tom's sadness?
10. What happens when Tom goes to Golden's quarters in Chapter XII?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)