|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Golden say Dutiful should learn about the Narcheska?
(a) Her cultural norms.
(b) If she likes to go hunting.
(c) What her mother is like.
(d) What kind of books she reads.
2. How does the Narcheska make the prince feel?
(a) Clumsy and stupid.
(d) Like an older person.
3. What does the Narcheska announce at the farewell banquet?
(a) The betrothal does not meet her expectations.
(b) She does not like a patriarchal society.
(c) She is not coming back.
(d) She wants Dutiful to come meet her mother.
4. What has the Queen said about Nettle?
(a) She has to become a lady-in-waiting.
(b) She must come to Buckkeep.
(c) She can stay in the country.
(d) She must join the prince's coterie.
5. What does Chade say about Nettle?
(a) She must be Witted.
(b) She is too young to be using the Skill.
(c) She should be at Buckkeep.
(d) She should not come to Buckkeep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tom furious with Golden?
2. What relation is Chade to Tom?
3. What does the Queen give Tom?
4. Why do ambassadors come from Bingtown?
5. What does Tom tell Golden when he returns from the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Tom goes to the tavern to look for Hap?
2. What does Dutiful say about the Narcheska, and what does Golden tell the prince?
3. How does Tom know a little about the Narcheska and what does he see about her?
4. What happens when Tom goes to Golden's quarters in Chapter XII?
5. Who goes riding with the prince and Lady Vance and what does Peottre announce?
6. Why is Tom sad at the beginning of the book, and what does Lord Golden say about Tom's sadness?
7. Who is Thick, what is his ability and what does Chade want Tom to do about Thick?
8. What is the Piebald's goal and how do they work towards that goal?
9. What does Tom see and hear when he spies on the Narcheska?
10. Why does Tom think of Molly when he drinks?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)