|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Narcheska think the prince views her?
(a) As someone to love.
(b) As a child.
(c) As a woman.
(d) As a duty to his mother.
2. Where do Tom and Dutiful hold lessons?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In Tom's room.
(c) King Verity's tower.
(d) In Dutiful's suite.
3. Why does the Queen want to help the Old Blood?
(a) Dutiful is Witted.
(b) She likes Fitz.
(c) Her husband was Witted.
(d) Her mother was Old Blood.
4. What does the boy from Bingtown ask Tom?
(a) If Dutiful is Tom's student.
(b) If Tom dreams of dragons.
(c) If Dutiful will marry a girl from Bingtown.
(d) If the Queen likes dragons.
5. With what does the Piebald threaten the Witted?
(b) Breaking of their witted bond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom do when the Narcheska makes her announcement?
2. What is Tom mourning?
3. What happens to Tom when he goes into a public steam bath?
4. Why does Tom ask Chade to send Thick away during his lessons with Dutiful?
5. Who is the leader of the Piebalds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Laurel decide to leave Buckkeep?
2. What is the Piebald's goal and how do they work towards that goal?
3. How does Tom know a little about the Narcheska and what does he see about her?
4. Who is Starling, where does Tom see her and what happens after Jinna's when Tom leaves Starling?
5. Who is Thick, what is his ability and what does Chade want Tom to do about Thick?
6. Why is Tom sad at the beginning of the book, and what does Lord Golden say about Tom's sadness?
7. Who goes riding with the prince and Lady Vance and what does Peottre announce?
8. What does Dutiful want from Tom concerning the prince's betrothal party and what does he order Tom to do? How does Golden help with the prince's command to Tom?
9. What does Dutiful ask Tom about Golden and what is Tom's response?
10. What happens when Tom goes to Golden's quarters in Chapter XII?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)