|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of whom is Dutiful jealous?
(b) Lord Golden.
2. What is Tom's real name?
(a) Friend of Nighteyes.
(b) FitzChivalry Farseer.
(c) The Fool.
(d) Laud Beryman.
3. What does the Narcheska say Dutiful must do?
(a) Take part in a male rite of passage ceremony.
(b) Build a boat that will sail to her home.
(c) Quit being friends with Lady Vance.
(d) Find and slay Icefyre.
4. What did the Piebalds do to the prince?
(a) Try to assassinate him.
(b) Expose him as witted.
(c) Kidnap him.
(d) Put him on the throne.
5. Where does Nettle show up?
(a) In Tom's dreams.
(b) In Dutiful's Skill trips.
(c) In Laurel's room.
(d) In Buckkeep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the Narcheska?
2. Who sees Tom hug Laurel?
3. What does Dutiful teach Civil?
4. What do the Piebalds want to do?
5. Where does Tom run into Starling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tom sad at the beginning of the book, and what does Lord Golden say about Tom's sadness?
2. How does Dutiful insult the Narcheska?
3. What does Dutiful want from Tom concerning the prince's betrothal party and what does he order Tom to do? How does Golden help with the prince's command to Tom?
4. What do the Piebalds claim about the Witted, and what is actually true about the Piebalds?
5. What is the Piebald's goal and how do they work towards that goal?
6. How does the Narcheska enter the betrothal ceremony, what does her father do and how do the Farseers feel about his action?
7. What does the boy from Bingtown ask Tom and what does he tell Tom?
8. Who is Starling, where does Tom see her and what happens after Jinna's when Tom leaves Starling?
9. How does Tom know a little about the Narcheska and what does he see about her?
10. How is Tom able to go to his cottage to retrieve his belongings and what does he find when he arrives there?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)