|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tom furious with Golden?
(a) Golden said something bad about the Queen.
(b) Golden has taught Dutiful about Wit.
(c) Golden is having an affair with Civil.
(d) Golden has implied they are lovers.
2. What can Thick do with Tom?
(a) Make Tom move involuntarily.
(b) Speak telepathically.
(c) Enhance Tom's magic.
(d) Help Tom with math problems.
3. What relation is Chade to Tom?
(d) Great uncle.
4. Why do the Piebalds want to keep Tom alive?
(a) To use him.
(b) His brother is a member of the Piebalds.
(c) They don't want to keep him alive.
(d) To have him spy on the Queen.
5. What does Thick say Nettle said to him?
(a) That Thick should help her find the dream man.
(b) That she worries the dream man will quit talking with her.
(c) That she is concerned about the dragon.
(d) That her father has broken his leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom take from his cottage?
2. What does Golden say Dutiful should learn about the Narcheska?
3. Why does Tom say he cannot go to the prince's betrothal party?
4. Of what land is the Narcheska princess?
5. Why does the Queen want to help the Old Blood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Tom goes to the tavern to look for Hap?
2. Why does Tom think of Molly when he drinks?
3. What does Tom tell Hap about Nighteyes, how does Hap feel and why is Tom upset with Hap?
4. What does Dutiful ask Tom about Golden and what is Tom's response?
5. What does Laurel tell Tom?
6. Who is Starling, where does Tom see her and what happens after Jinna's when Tom leaves Starling?
7. What does Tom see and hear when he spies on the Narcheska?
8. What happens when Tom goes to Golden's quarters in Chapter XII?
9. Who is Thick, what is his ability and what does Chade want Tom to do about Thick?
10. Why does Tom and Dutiful meet at the castle, what does Tom remember about his skill teacher and what does Tom tell Dutiful?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)