|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chade say about Nettle?
(a) She must be Witted.
(b) She is too young to be using the Skill.
(c) She should not come to Buckkeep.
(d) She should be at Buckkeep.
2. What is Tom mourning?
(a) Nettles has been kidnapped.
(b) King Verity is missing.
(c) Molly has died.
(d) Nighteyes' death.
3. What does Chade leave for Tom in Chade's tower?
(a) A letter from the Queen.
(b) A new manuscript on Skill.
(c) Guard clothing.
(d) A new kind of poison.
4. What does Chade say Tom must do about Thick?
(a) Train him in the skill.
(b) Take him to the forest to find a bond animal.
(c) Heal the problem in his brain.
(d) Make him like the prince.
5. What does Tom offer Chade?
(a) To teach him about the Skill.
(b) To teach Nettle.
(c) To assassinate the leader of the Piebalds.
(d) To leave Buckkeep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nettles say is the only time she can reach Tom?
2. Why do ambassadors come from Bingtown?
3. What has the Queen said about Nettle?
4. What does Tom do when the Narcheska makes her announcement?
5. Where do Tom and Dutiful hold lessons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Laurel tell Tom?
2. What conversation does Tom over hear at the beginning of Chapter VI and what is his response?
3. What does Dutiful want from Tom concerning the prince's betrothal party and what does he order Tom to do? How does Golden help with the prince's command to Tom?
4. What happens when Tom goes to Golden's quarters in Chapter XII?
5. What does Tom see and hear when he spies on the Narcheska?
6. What happens in Dutiful's first skill lesson?
7. Where do Tom, Dutiful and Golden go in Chapter III, what does Dutiful ask of Tom, what is Tom's response and why is Dutiful jealous about Tom?
8. Why does Laurel decide to leave Buckkeep?
9. Who is Starling, where does Tom see her and what happens after Jinna's when Tom leaves Starling?
10. Why has Bingtown sent ambassadors to Buckkeep?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)