|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Queen tell Tom about his mother?
(a) She was a mountain woman.
(b) She was very powerful.
(c) She came from Buckkkeep.
(d) She was too young.
2. How does the Narcheska think the prince views her?
(a) As a child.
(b) As a duty to his mother.
(c) As a woman.
(d) As someone to love.
3. What do the Narcheska and Peottre do about the Bingtown traders?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Insult them.
(c) Pick a fight with them.
(d) Ask about trading with them.
4. What do the Piebalds want to do?
(a) Unite all of the people who use Skill.
(b) Seize power in Buckkeep.
(c) Put Tom on the throne.
(d) Kill Chade.
5. What does Dutiful say to Lady Vance that the Narcheska overhears?
(a) That he wishes he was betrothed to her.
(b) That she can be his mistress when he is married.
(c) That Lady Vance is beautiful.
(d) That the Narcheska is a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy from Bingtown ask Tom?
2. What does Tom offer Chade?
3. What does the boy from Bingtown say about Tintaglia?
4. What does Peottre put on the Narcheska's back?
5. What can Thick do with Tom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chade tell Tom Thick must be taught the Skill and what does Tom request of the Queen about Nettle?
2. What does Tom see and hear when he spies on the Narcheska?
3. What happens when Tom goes to the tavern to look for Hap?
4. How is Tom able to go to his cottage to retrieve his belongings and what does he find when he arrives there?
5. What happens when Tom meets with the Queen in Chapter IV?
6. What happens in Dutiful's first skill lesson?
7. Why does Tom think of Molly when he drinks?
8. What does Dutiful say about the Narcheska, and what does Golden tell the prince?
9. Why does Laurel decide to leave Buckkeep?
10. Why does Tom and Dutiful meet at the castle, what does Tom remember about his skill teacher and what does Tom tell Dutiful?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)