|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Starling upset with Tom?
(a) He has made her feel ugly.
(b) He has insulted her husband.
(c) He has taken away her chance at a better life.
(d) He won't tell her any inside information.
2. What does Tom tell Golden when he returns from the forest?
(a) He is leaving Buckkeep for good.
(b) Hap is a lost cause.
(c) Dutiful does not have much Skill.
(d) He must go to his cottage.
3. Where does Hap live at the beginning of the book?
(a) In a small room over a tavern.
(b) With Tom at the palace.
(c) With Jinna.
(d) With his master.
4. What does Chade leave for Tom in Chade's tower?
(a) A new kind of poison.
(b) A letter from the Queen.
(c) A new manuscript on Skill.
(d) Guard clothing.
5. What does Hap tell Tom when they meet?
(a) Svanja has left him.
(b) He has lost his apprenticeship.
(c) He is marrying Svanja.
(d) Jinna has kicked him out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Queen want to help the Old Blood?
2. How does Dutiful feel towards Civil?
3. What does Tom take from his cottage?
4. Why is Tom furious with Golden?
5. Who sees Tom hug Laurel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who goes riding with the prince and Lady Vance and what does Peottre announce?
2. Why is Tom sad at the beginning of the book, and what does Lord Golden say about Tom's sadness?
3. What happens when Tom goes to the tavern to look for Hap?
4. What is the Piebald's goal and how do they work towards that goal?
5. What happens in Dutiful's first skill lesson?
6. Why does Tom and Dutiful meet at the castle, what does Tom remember about his skill teacher and what does Tom tell Dutiful?
7. Why does Laurel decide to leave Buckkeep?
8. How does Tom speak with his daughter in Chapter III?
9. What does Tom tell Hap about Nighteyes, how does Hap feel and why is Tom upset with Hap?
10. How does the Narcheska enter the betrothal ceremony, what does her father do and how do the Farseers feel about his action?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)