|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say Dutiful must separate?
(a) His mind from his heart.
(b) Private and Public behavior.
(c) Skill from Wit.
(d) His needs from his desires.
2. What does Tom tell Golden when he returns from the forest?
(a) Dutiful does not have much Skill.
(b) Hap is a lost cause.
(c) He is leaving Buckkeep for good.
(d) He must go to his cottage.
3. What does Chade say about Nettle?
(a) She should be at Buckkeep.
(b) She should not come to Buckkeep.
(c) She must be Witted.
(d) She is too young to be using the Skill.
4. What does the Narcheska say to Dutiful when they come out to ride with him?
(a) He will not insult her again.
(b) He is a poor choice for husband.
(c) He is an ignorant child.
(d) She will see if he is good enough to be king.
5. How is the Narcheska's society different from the Farseers?
(a) It is matriarchal.
(b) It is communistic.
(c) It is patriarchal.
(d) It is based on democracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chade say Tom must do about Thick?
2. Who does Hap want Tom to meet?
3. What does the Queen tell Tom about his mother?
4. What does Arkon do when he enters the betrothal ceremony?
5. What is wrong with Tom's cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Queen do about the Witted?
2. How does Tom heal from his stab wound?
3. What happens when Tom meets with the Queen in Chapter IV?
4. What do some of the Old Blood want and how does Web react to being a hostage? How does Tom see Web?
5. How does Tom know a little about the Narcheska and what does he see about her?
6. Who is Thick, what is his ability and what does Chade want Tom to do about Thick?
7. What conversation does Tom over hear at the beginning of Chapter VI and what is his response?
8. What idea does Tom discuss in the epilogue?
9. How does Tom find out about Thick's spying and what does Civil teach Dutiful?
10. Why is Tom sad at the beginning of the book, and what does Lord Golden say about Tom's sadness?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)