|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom do when the Narcheska makes her announcement?
(a) Pull Dutiful out of the hall.
(b) Offers the Narcheska the use of his Skill.
(c) Put a Skill command on the Narcheska.
(d) Put a Skill command on Dutiful.
2. What is Tom's real name?
(a) Friend of Nighteyes.
(b) Laud Beryman.
(c) FitzChivalry Farseer.
(d) The Fool.
3. What does Dutiful say to Lady Vance that the Narcheska overhears?
(a) That he wishes he was betrothed to her.
(b) That she can be his mistress when he is married.
(c) That the Narcheska is a child.
(d) That Lady Vance is beautiful.
4. How does Golden feel about Tom?
(a) He is indifferent to him.
(b) He is in love with him.
(c) He is friendly with him.
(d) He thinks of him as a servant.
5. What did the Piebalds do to the prince?
(a) Try to assassinate him.
(b) Put him on the throne.
(c) Expose him as witted.
(d) Kidnap him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relation is Hap to Tom?
2. What does the boy from Bingtown say about Tintaglia?
3. Why do ambassadors come from Bingtown?
4. What does Dutiful ask Tom about Lord Golden?
5. What does Dutiful teach Civil?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Tom goes to Golden's quarters in Chapter XII?
2. How is Tom able to go to his cottage to retrieve his belongings and what does he find when he arrives there?
3. Who is Starling, where does Tom see her and what happens after Jinna's when Tom leaves Starling?
4. What happens in Dutiful's first skill lesson?
5. What conversation does Tom over hear at the beginning of Chapter VI and what is his response?
6. How does the Narcheska enter the betrothal ceremony, what does her father do and how do the Farseers feel about his action?
7. What does Dutiful want from Tom concerning the prince's betrothal party and what does he order Tom to do? How does Golden help with the prince's command to Tom?
8. What occurs shortly before the Outislanders leave Buckkeep?
9. Why does Tom think of Molly when he drinks?
10. Why does Laurel decide to leave Buckkeep?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)