|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Narcheska say to Dutiful when they come out to ride with him?
(a) He will not insult her again.
(b) He is a poor choice for husband.
(c) She will see if he is good enough to be king.
(d) He is an ignorant child.
2. What does Jinna tell Tom about Hap?
(a) He does not eat enough.
(b) He needs discipline.
(c) He works hard for his master.
(d) He is doing well.
3. What does Starling call Tom?
(a) The Queen's boy.
(b) Golden's lover.
(c) An ignorant servant.
(d) A two timer.
4. What friend of Dutiful's does Tom distrust?
5. How does Dutiful feel towards Civil?
(a) Like a brother.
(b) He likes him okay.
(c) He is indifferent to him.
(d) He hates him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chade tell Tom about Laurel?
2. How is the Narcheska's society different from the Farseers?
3. What is Tom mourning?
4. Which servant had been rude to the Narcheska?
5. What has the Queen said about Nettle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dutiful say about the Narcheska, and what does Golden tell the prince?
2. Why is Tom sad at the beginning of the book, and what does Lord Golden say about Tom's sadness?
3. What happens when Tom meets with the Queen in Chapter IV?
4. What happens in Dutiful's first skill lesson?
5. How does Tom speak with his daughter in Chapter III?
6. Why does Tom and Dutiful meet at the castle, what does Tom remember about his skill teacher and what does Tom tell Dutiful?
7. What does Dutiful ask Tom about Golden and what is Tom's response?
8. Who is Thick, what is his ability and what does Chade want Tom to do about Thick?
9. What does the boy from Bingtown ask Tom and what does he tell Tom?
10. What does Tom see and hear when he spies on the Narcheska?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)