|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the scrolls say will happen to anyone who speaks the truth about the prince?
(a) They will be brought to the Queen.
(b) The scrolls do not mention the prince.
(c) They will be killed.
(d) They will be laughed at and scorned.
2. What does Laudwine tell Padget to do about Civil?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Kill Civil's cat.
(c) Take him back to his mother's estate.
(d) Kidnap him and hold him for his mother's good behavior.
3. What does the Prince think of Thick?
(a) He thinks he is stupid and disgusting.
(b) He likes him.
(c) He feels towards Thick like a younger brother.
(d) He admires Thick's Skill.
4. What happens to Civil's mother?
(a) She is killed by the Piebalds.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) She is kidnapped by a Witted nobleman.
(d) Nothing happens to her.
5. Why does Kebal want to kill Fitz or Tom?
(a) She hates men.
(b) She hates gays.
(c) She wants to be the White Prophet.
(d) She does not want to kill them.
6. Why is Swift at the court?
(a) To see Web.
(b) To ask if he can join the Queen's guard.
(c) To see Tom.
(d) To ask to be a page.
7. Why does the Queen want Nettle to come to court?
(a) To train with Chade like Tom did.
(b) To be her lady-in-waiting.
(c) To be a part of the prince's coterie.
(d) To meet her father.
8. How does Tom respond to Dutiful telling Tom about his knowledge?
(a) He tells him it is not true.
(b) He tells him it is a secret.
(c) He tells Dutiful to let Civil know.
(d) He tells Dutiful to talk to Golden.
9. How does Tom feel when they ride to meet the Old Blood?
(a) Extremely fearful.
10. What does Tom do immediately after he leaves Laudwine?
(a) Returns to the palace.
(b) Goes to a tavern.
(c) Kills a crazed horse.
(d) Calls for Thick.
11. Why is Nettle upset?
(a) She wants Tom to come visit her.
(b) She is being sent to court.
(c) Burrich and Swift won't tell her why they fight.
(d) She is not allowed to meet Tom.
12. What does Chade hear in the Skill?
(a) Thick's music and Nettle.
(b) Thick screaming.
(c) Tom yelling at him.
13. What does Hap say to Tom about love?
(a) That love cannot be denied.
(b) That Tom does not understand love.
(c) That love is painful.
(d) That Tom does not love him.
14. What does Dutiful ask Thick to do?
(b) Stop Thick's constant music.
(c) Saddle his horse.
(d) Come on the quest with him.
15. What does Golden plan to do about Dutiful's quest?
(a) Draw him a detailed map to follow.
(b) Stop him from going.
(c) Accompany him.
(d) Finance it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nettle tell Tom in his dreams?
2. How does Tom use Thick in teaching Chade Skill?
3. Why does Tom restore his scars?
4. Upon what about Dutiful do Chade and Tom agree?
5. What does Starling tell Tom about her husband?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)