|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Laudwine's middle man with Thick?
2. Why does Web stay at the palace?
(a) He likes one of the ladies-in-waiting.
(b) He likes the food.
(c) He is too old to travel around anymore.
(d) To teach the Farseers about the Old Blood ways.
3. What does Tom give Thick from Dutiful?
(a) A destination to use for Skill.
(c) A note.
(d) A glass of wine.
4. What does Chade tell Tom he must do?
(a) Kill Kebal.
(b) Take care of Swift.
(c) Watch the Nacheska.
(d) Keep the dragon safe.
5. Upon what about Dutiful do Chade and Tom agree?
(a) That he is too young for the quest.
(b) That he is not good with the Skill.
(c) That the prince must have a practiced coterie.
(d) That he must slay Kebal.
6. What does Civil tell Laudwine about his mother?
(a) She wants Civil at home.
(b) She has no friends and is dishonored.
(c) She is coming to live at Buckkeep.
(d) She wants to join the Piebalds.
7. What does Chade do with the Skill?
(a) Spy for the Queen.
(b) Harass the Piebalds.
(c) Nothing in particular.
(d) Put out a general call to the Skilled.
8. Who does Web teach about the Old Blood?
(a) Tom and Dutiful.
(b) Civil and Dutiful.
(c) The Queen and Dutiful.
(d) Dutiful, Civil and Swift.
9. What is Swift doing at the court?
(a) He is visiting Tom.
(b) He is a member of the guard.
(c) He is a page.
(d) He is a Queen's messenger.
10. For what reason does Thick's employer tell Thick to be careful of Tom?
(a) Tom has a vendetta against all Witted.
(b) Tom chopped off Laudwine's arm.
(c) Tom is using Thick.
(d) Tom killed Nighteyes.
11. Why does Chade not want Golden to go to Aslevjal?
(a) Because Dutiful does not want Golden to go.
(b) Because the Queen needs Golden to stay with her.
(c) So Golden does not keep Icefyre safe.
(d) So Golden does not meet Kebal.
12. How does Tom get dismissed from Golden's employ?
(a) Golden and Tom stage a huge fight.
(b) The Queen makes Tom a messenger.
(c) Golden hires Swift.
(d) The Queen appoints him to the guard.
13. What does the Prince think of Thick?
(a) He likes him.
(b) He feels towards Thick like a younger brother.
(c) He thinks he is stupid and disgusting.
(d) He admires Thick's Skill.
14. How does Tom use Thick in teaching Chade Skill?
(a) To show him about music and Skill.
(b) To push Chade to attack Thick.
(c) To soothe Chade's agitation.
(d) To help Chade hear Thick.
15. What happens in Tom's body when it is healed?
(a) Nothing happens.
(b) A light goes on inside.
(c) It turns blue.
(d) His body goes into strong spasms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Piebalds doing to Civil's mother?
2. Why is Chade difficult to teach Skill?
3. What is everyone talking about in the Chapter Spring Sailing?
4. What happens when Civil was in danger?
5. Why does the Queen want Nettle to come to court?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)