|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chade feel about what Golden tells Tom about the world?
(a) He has no reaction to the news.
(b) He wants to kill Golden.
(c) He becomes fearful.
(d) He does not believe it.
2. Who are Swift's parents?
(a) Golden and Starling.
(b) Molly and Burrich.
(c) Molly and Tom.
(d) Nettle and Steadfast.
3. What does Hap say to Tom about love?
(a) That Tom does not love him.
(b) That love is painful.
(c) That love cannot be denied.
(d) That Tom does not understand love.
4. How does Tom change Thick's appearance?
(a) Bathes him, combs his hair and gives him clean clothes.
(b) Dyes his hair red.
(c) Cuts his hair and shaves him.
(d) Changes his face using Skill.
5. Why does Kebal want to kill Fitz or Tom?
(a) She does not want to kill them.
(b) She wants to be the White Prophet.
(c) She hates gays.
(d) She hates men.
6. Why does Web stay at the palace?
(a) To teach the Farseers about the Old Blood ways.
(b) He likes the food.
(c) He is too old to travel around anymore.
(d) He likes one of the ladies-in-waiting.
7. What does Starling tell Tom about her husband?
(a) He wants a divorce.
(b) He no longer wants her sexually.
(c) He is spying on the Queen.
(d) He wants to have a child.
8. What does Tom say is the way to a better life?
(a) To work harder than anyone else.
(b) Admitting when you are wrong.
(c) To never stop learning.
(d) Having the courage to make new mistakes.
9. What does Tom say to Golden about the quest?
(a) He is happy Golden is going.
(b) He apologizes and says he will miss him.
(c) He does not want to go on the quest.
(d) He believes he will dies on the quest.
10. What does Tom do while recuperating?
(a) Meeting with the Bingtown ambassadors.
(b) Visiting his daughter.
(c) Reading scrolls about healing and maintaing the body.
(d) Looking for an animal with whom he can bond.
11. Why does Tom use the Skill to bring Thick to him?
(a) To make the prince jealous.
(b) To have Thick clean up Chade's rooms.
(c) So Thick can bring firewood.
(d) To give Thick a red whistle.
12. What does Jinna ask when Tom visits her after he recovers?
(a) If he has a daughter.
(b) If he can lend her some money.
(c) Why he killed three men.
(d) If he wants to marry.
13. How does Tom get dismissed from Golden's employ?
(a) The Queen makes Tom a messenger.
(b) Golden and Tom stage a huge fight.
(c) The Queen appoints him to the guard.
(d) Golden hires Swift.
14. What type of symbol does Tom discuss in the epilogue?
(a) A star.
(b) A square.
(c) A triangle.
(d) A circle.
15. Who had the same problem with Tom as Dutiful in the Skill?
(c) Lord Golden.
(d) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Tom's body when it is healed?
2. Who does Web teach about the Old Blood?
3. What is everyone talking about in the Chapter Spring Sailing?
4. How much did Civil do for the Piebalds?
5. How does Tom feel when they ride to meet the Old Blood?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)