|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom do when Dutiful does not come for his lesson?
(a) Skill Dutiful to come.
(b) Report the prince to the Queen.
(c) Tell Thick to find the prince.
(d) Go and look for him.
2. What does Tom do while recuperating?
(a) Meeting with the Bingtown ambassadors.
(b) Looking for an animal with whom he can bond.
(c) Visiting his daughter.
(d) Reading scrolls about healing and maintaing the body.
3. How does Chade feel about what Golden tells Tom about the world?
(a) He wants to kill Golden.
(b) He has no reaction to the news.
(c) He becomes fearful.
(d) He does not believe it.
4. What does Dutiful tell Tom he knows about Tom?
(a) That Tom is Witted.
(b) That Tom killed Verity.
(c) That he is really Fitz.
(d) That Tom is Golden's lover.
5. What does Chade say about the Bingtown traders and their dragon?
(a) Their dragon is stone.
(b) They are lying.
(c) They are telling the truth.
(d) Their dragon is too old to be of any use.
6. What does Chade do with the Skill?
(a) Nothing in particular.
(b) Harass the Piebalds.
(c) Spy for the Queen.
(d) Put out a general call to the Skilled.
7. What does Tom say to Golden about the quest?
(a) He believes he will dies on the quest.
(b) He apologizes and says he will miss him.
(c) He is happy Golden is going.
(d) He does not want to go on the quest.
8. What is everyone talking about in the Chapter Spring Sailing?
(a) The new navy.
(b) The prince's quest.
(c) The new admiral.
(d) An island that was just discovered.
9. What has changed in Golden?
(a) He does not support the Queen.
(b) He is seeing Starling as a lover.
(c) He says he does not love Tom.
(d) He drinks and gambles.
10. Why does Tom use the Skill to bring Thick to him?
(a) So Thick can bring firewood.
(b) To make the prince jealous.
(c) To have Thick clean up Chade's rooms.
(d) To give Thick a red whistle.
11. What is Swift doing at the court?
(a) He is visiting Tom.
(b) He is a page.
(c) He is a Queen's messenger.
(d) He is a member of the guard.
12. What does Laudwine tell Padget to do about Civil?
(a) Kidnap him and hold him for his mother's good behavior.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Take him back to his mother's estate.
(d) Kill Civil's cat.
13. What does Jinna ask when Tom visits her after he recovers?
(a) If he can lend her some money.
(b) If he has a daughter.
(c) Why he killed three men.
(d) If he wants to marry.
14. Why does the Queen ride out to meet the Old Blood?
(a) To introduce her son to them.
(b) For a convocation.
(c) To arrest them.
(d) To hire a teacher for Dutiful.
15. Upon what about Dutiful do Chade and Tom agree?
(a) That the prince must have a practiced coterie.
(b) That he is too young for the quest.
(c) That he must slay Kebal.
(d) That he is not good with the Skill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some of the Old Blood want from the Queen?
2. What does Tom hear again in his dreams?
3. How does Tom get dismissed from Golden's employ?
4. What does the Queen announce about the Witted?
5. What is Tom doing about Nettle?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)