|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will go with Dutiful on his trip?
(a) Two companies of the guard.
(b) The coterie and Nettle.
(c) The whole coteire and Chade.
(d) The coterie without Golden.
2. What might Jek believe about Golden?
(a) He is gay.
(b) He is from another world.
(c) He is her lost brother.
(d) He might be a woman.
3. Why does the Queen ride out to meet the Old Blood?
(a) To arrest them.
(b) For a convocation.
(c) To introduce her son to them.
(d) To hire a teacher for Dutiful.
4. Why is Tom angry at Golden?
(a) Golden wants to go on the quest.
(b) Golden thinks Tom did a bad job with Hap.
(c) Golden does not want Nettle to come to court.
(d) Golden is telling people he and Tom are lovers.
5. Why does Chade not want Golden to go to Aslevjal?
(a) Because Dutiful does not want Golden to go.
(b) So Golden does not keep Icefyre safe.
(c) So Golden does not meet Kebal.
(d) Because the Queen needs Golden to stay with her.
6. How does Tom feel when they ride to meet the Old Blood?
(b) Extremely fearful.
7. Why is Chade burned?
(a) He fell in the fire.
(b) He spilt hot soup on his leg.
(c) He tried to use Skill to light a candle.
(d) An experiment blew up on him.
8. What does Tom say is the way to a better life?
(a) To work harder than anyone else.
(b) Having the courage to make new mistakes.
(c) To never stop learning.
(d) Admitting when you are wrong.
9. What does Golden plan to do about Dutiful's quest?
(a) Accompany him.
(b) Finance it.
(c) Stop him from going.
(d) Draw him a detailed map to follow.
10. How does Tom respond to Dutiful telling Tom about his knowledge?
(a) He tells Dutiful to talk to Golden.
(b) He tells him it is not true.
(c) He tells him it is a secret.
(d) He tells Dutiful to let Civil know.
11. What does Nettle tell Tom in his dreams?
(a) She wants to go on the quest.
(b) Swift and his father are safe.
(c) She is coming to court.
(d) She wants to know his real name.
12. What does Tom realize about Chade and Skill?
(a) He is afraid of it.
(b) He has become obsessed with it.
(c) He is not capable of it.
(d) He is indifferent to it.
13. How much did Civil do for the Piebalds?
(a) He has no connection with the Piebalds.
(b) He passed little information.
(c) He set up Dutiful's assassination.
(d) He gave them a great deal of information.
14. What does Chade tell Tom he must do?
(a) Take care of Swift.
(b) Watch the Nacheska.
(c) Keep the dragon safe.
(d) Kill Kebal.
15. What does Laudwine do to Tom when they are fighting?
(a) Hits him over the head.
(b) Break Tom's leg.
(c) Stab him with a sword in the back.
(d) Tries to cut off Tom's arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Thick's employer tell Thick to be careful of Tom?
2. What does the Prince think of Thick?
3. What does Tom say to Golden about the quest?
4. What does Tom do immediately after he leaves Laudwine?
5. What does Tom forbid Chade doing?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)