|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hap not with Svanja?
(a) She has run away from home.
(b) She wants an older man.
(c) Her father has locked her in the house.
(d) She has taken up with a sailor.
2. What happens with Tom and Svanja's father?
(a) They decide to make Hap and Svanja separate.
(b) They decide to make Hap and Svanja marry.
(c) They have a drink together.
(d) They get into a physical fight.
3. How does Tom change Thick's appearance?
(a) Dyes his hair red.
(b) Changes his face using Skill.
(c) Cuts his hair and shaves him.
(d) Bathes him, combs his hair and gives him clean clothes.
4. How does Tom respond to Dutiful telling Tom about his knowledge?
(a) He tells Dutiful to let Civil know.
(b) He tells him it is not true.
(c) He tells him it is a secret.
(d) He tells Dutiful to talk to Golden.
5. What does Dutiful ask Thick to do?
(a) Come on the quest with him.
(c) Saddle his horse.
(d) Stop Thick's constant music.
6. How does Tom feel when they ride to meet the Old Blood?
(a) Extremely fearful.
7. Why does Chade let Golden believe he is going?
(a) So Golden will not make other plans.
(b) To keep Tom happy.
(c) So Dutiful will believe Golden is going.
(d) So Golden will stay happy.
8. How would Golden be able to go without being a member of the party?
(a) He has many connections in the world.
(b) He has many friends.
(c) He is very rich.
(d) He is very sneaky.
9. What is everyone talking about in the Chapter Spring Sailing?
(a) An island that was just discovered.
(b) The new admiral.
(c) The new navy.
(d) The prince's quest.
10. How long does Tom sleep after he is healed?
(a) Two days.
(b) One day.
(c) A week.
(d) Four days and nights.
11. Who is Laudwine's middle man with Thick?
12. How does Chade feel about what Golden tells Tom about the world?
(a) He wants to kill Golden.
(b) He becomes fearful.
(c) He has no reaction to the news.
(d) He does not believe it.
13. What does the Queen announce about the Witted?
(a) She announces them to have special status.
(b) She will allow them their own town.
(c) She will welcome them in her court.
(d) She asks they join the army.
14. Who does the Queen get in exchange for Dutiful?
15. How does Thick feel about having Skill lessons?
(a) He hates the idea.
(b) He is indifferent about it.
(c) It is better than being a servant.
(d) He is wildly enthusiastic about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has changed in Golden?
2. What does Tom realize about Chade and Skill?
3. What happens to Civil's mother?
4. Who had the same problem with Tom as Dutiful in the Skill?
5. What does the Queen announce about the Witted?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)