|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jinna ask when Tom visits her after he recovers?
(a) If he has a daughter.
(b) If he wants to marry.
(c) Why he killed three men.
(d) If he can lend her some money.
2. Why is Tom angry at Golden?
(a) Golden is telling people he and Tom are lovers.
(b) Golden thinks Tom did a bad job with Hap.
(c) Golden does not want Nettle to come to court.
(d) Golden wants to go on the quest.
3. What does Tom give Thick from Dutiful?
(a) A destination to use for Skill.
(c) A glass of wine.
(d) A note.
4. How is Nettle feeling towards Tom in his dreams?
5. What do some of the Old Blood want from the Queen?
(a) Concessions for extra civil rights.
(b) Their children in the court.
(c) Dutiful to be open about his Wit.
6. What does Dutiful tell Tom he knows about Tom?
(a) That he is really Fitz.
(b) That Tom killed Verity.
(c) That Tom is Golden's lover.
(d) That Tom is Witted.
7. What does Tom forbid Chade doing?
(a) Taking Nettle as an apprentice.
(b) Practicing Skill.
(c) Killing off the rest of the Piebalds.
(d) Killing Civil.
8. Who does the Queen get in exchange for Dutiful?
9. How does Chade feel about what Golden tells Tom about the world?
(a) He wants to kill Golden.
(b) He has no reaction to the news.
(c) He does not believe it.
(d) He becomes fearful.
10. What does Laudwine tell Padget to do about Civil?
(a) Kill Civil's cat.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Take him back to his mother's estate.
(d) Kidnap him and hold him for his mother's good behavior.
11. What does the Queen announce about the Witted?
(a) She will allow them their own town.
(b) She asks they join the army.
(c) She will welcome them in her court.
(d) She announces them to have special status.
12. Why does Chade let Golden believe he is going?
(a) So Golden will not make other plans.
(b) So Golden will stay happy.
(c) To keep Tom happy.
(d) So Dutiful will believe Golden is going.
13. Why does Tom use the Skill to bring Thick to him?
(a) To give Thick a red whistle.
(b) To make the prince jealous.
(c) To have Thick clean up Chade's rooms.
(d) So Thick can bring firewood.
14. How does Tom change Thick's appearance?
(a) Changes his face using Skill.
(b) Cuts his hair and shaves him.
(c) Bathes him, combs his hair and gives him clean clothes.
(d) Dyes his hair red.
15. What does Civil tell Laudwine about his mother?
(a) She is coming to live at Buckkeep.
(b) She wants Civil at home.
(c) She wants to join the Piebalds.
(d) She has no friends and is dishonored.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom use Thick in teaching Chade Skill?
2. What does Tom do immediately after he leaves Laudwine?
3. Why is Swift at the court?
4. Who is Laudwine's middle man with Thick?
5. With what weapon will Tom fight?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)