|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Queen announce about the Witted?
(a) Witted must serve one year in the army.
(b) Being Witted is a crime.
(c) If you are Witted you must be registered with the court.
(d) Being Witted is not a crime.
2. Who does Web teach about the Old Blood?
(a) Civil and Dutiful.
(b) The Queen and Dutiful.
(c) Dutiful, Civil and Swift.
(d) Tom and Dutiful.
3. Who is Laudwine's middle man with Thick?
4. What does Dutiful skill Tom about concerning Civil?
(a) That Civil went home.
(b) That Civil is in danger.
(c) That Civil has been hurt.
(d) That Civil is with the Piebalds.
5. What does Tom realize about the coterie and Golden?
(a) Golden is not a member of the coterie.
(b) Golden is a central member of the coterie.
(c) It will be broken without Golden.
(d) It will be stronger without Golden.
6. What happens to Civil's mother?
(a) She is killed by the Piebalds.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) She is kidnapped by a Witted nobleman.
(d) Nothing happens to her.
7. What does Tom do when Dutiful does not come for his lesson?
(a) Go and look for him.
(b) Report the prince to the Queen.
(c) Tell Thick to find the prince.
(d) Skill Dutiful to come.
8. What does Tom give Thick from Dutiful?
(a) A destination to use for Skill.
(b) A glass of wine.
(d) A note.
9. Who are Swift's parents?
(a) Molly and Burrich.
(b) Nettle and Steadfast.
(c) Golden and Starling.
(d) Molly and Tom.
10. How does Tom get dismissed from Golden's employ?
(a) Golden hires Swift.
(b) The Queen makes Tom a messenger.
(c) The Queen appoints him to the guard.
(d) Golden and Tom stage a huge fight.
11. What does Chade hear in the Skill?
(a) Thick's music and Nettle.
(b) Thick screaming.
(d) Tom yelling at him.
12. Why is Chade difficult to teach Skill?
(a) He does not like Dutiful.
(b) He has little power.
(c) He has started older than he should.
(d) He won't listen to Tom.
13. What is Tom doing about Nettle?
(a) Begging her to come to Buckkeep.
(b) Talking with her.
(c) Visiting her.
(d) Ignoring her.
14. How does Thick feel about having Skill lessons?
(a) He is wildly enthusiastic about it.
(b) He hates the idea.
(c) It is better than being a servant.
(d) He is indifferent about it.
15. What does Tom say is the way to a better life?
(a) To work harder than anyone else.
(b) Admitting when you are wrong.
(c) Having the courage to make new mistakes.
(d) To never stop learning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom demand of Golden and Chade while he is recovering?
2. What does Dutiful tell Tom he knows about Tom?
3. What does Laudwine tell Padget to do about Civil?
4. What type of symbol does Tom discuss in the epilogue?
5. What does Starling tell Tom about her husband?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)