|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom get dismissed from Golden's employ?
(a) The Queen appoints him to the guard.
(b) Golden hires Swift.
(c) The Queen makes Tom a messenger.
(d) Golden and Tom stage a huge fight.
2. What does Tom demand of Golden and Chade while he is recovering?
(a) They keep Nettle from coming to the court.
(b) They allow him to begin the lessons again.
(c) They tell him was has been happening.
(d) They tell the Queen to allow Swift to be a page.
3. What do some of the Old Blood want from the Queen?
(b) Their children in the court.
(c) Dutiful to be open about his Wit.
(d) Concessions for extra civil rights.
4. What happens in Tom's body when it is healed?
(a) His body goes into strong spasms.
(b) It turns blue.
(c) Nothing happens.
(d) A light goes on inside.
5. What does Tom realize about scrolls he is reading?
(a) They were written by Verity.
(b) Chade has kept them from Tom.
(c) They are incorrect in many beliefs.
(d) They were written after Verity died.
6. What type of symbol does Tom discuss in the epilogue?
(a) A circle.
(b) A square.
(c) A star.
(d) A triangle.
7. What does Laudwine do to Tom when they are fighting?
(a) Break Tom's leg.
(b) Tries to cut off Tom's arm.
(c) Stab him with a sword in the back.
(d) Hits him over the head.
8. Why does Kebal want to kill Fitz or Tom?
(a) She does not want to kill them.
(b) She wants to be the White Prophet.
(c) She hates men.
(d) She hates gays.
9. What does Tom give Thick from Dutiful?
(a) A glass of wine.
(b) A destination to use for Skill.
(c) A note.
10. What does Tom see in a mirror?
(a) His facial scars are gone.
(b) He looks ten years older.
(c) He has a slight bluish tint to his skin.
(d) His hair has turned white.
11. What is Tom doing about Nettle?
(a) Begging her to come to Buckkeep.
(b) Ignoring her.
(c) Talking with her.
(d) Visiting her.
12. With what weapon will Tom fight?
(a) An axe.
(b) A bow and arrows.
(c) A sword.
(d) A staff.
13. Upon what about Dutiful do Chade and Tom agree?
(a) That he is not good with the Skill.
(b) That the prince must have a practiced coterie.
(c) That he must slay Kebal.
(d) That he is too young for the quest.
14. What does Tom forbid Chade doing?
(a) Taking Nettle as an apprentice.
(b) Killing off the rest of the Piebalds.
(c) Killing Civil.
(d) Practicing Skill.
15. What does Golden plan to do about Dutiful's quest?
(a) Finance it.
(b) Accompany him.
(c) Draw him a detailed map to follow.
(d) Stop him from going.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nettle upset?
2. What might Jek believe about Golden?
3. What does Civil tell Laudwine about his mother?
4. Why is Burrich prejudiced against Wit?
5. How much did Civil do for the Piebalds?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)