|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thick feel about having Skill lessons?
(a) He hates the idea.
(b) It is better than being a servant.
(c) He is indifferent about it.
(d) He is wildly enthusiastic about it.
2. How often does Tom want Dutiful and Thick to have a lesson?
(a) Twice a week.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Every other day.
3. How long does Tom sleep after he is healed?
(a) Four days and nights.
(b) A week.
(c) One day.
(d) Two days.
4. What does Tom say to Golden about the quest?
(a) He believes he will dies on the quest.
(b) He is happy Golden is going.
(c) He apologizes and says he will miss him.
(d) He does not want to go on the quest.
5. How does Tom use Thick in teaching Chade Skill?
(a) To push Chade to attack Thick.
(b) To show him about music and Skill.
(c) To help Chade hear Thick.
(d) To soothe Chade's agitation.
6. What does Starling tell Tom about her husband?
(a) He wants a divorce.
(b) He is spying on the Queen.
(c) He no longer wants her sexually.
(d) He wants to have a child.
7. What does Chade hear in the Skill?
(a) Tom yelling at him.
(b) Thick's music and Nettle.
(d) Thick screaming.
8. Why is Hap not with Svanja?
(a) She has taken up with a sailor.
(b) She wants an older man.
(c) Her father has locked her in the house.
(d) She has run away from home.
9. What does Tom do immediately after he leaves Laudwine?
(a) Returns to the palace.
(b) Goes to a tavern.
(c) Kills a crazed horse.
(d) Calls for Thick.
10. Why does Tom use the Skill to bring Thick to him?
(a) So Thick can bring firewood.
(b) To make the prince jealous.
(c) To have Thick clean up Chade's rooms.
(d) To give Thick a red whistle.
11. How does Tom get dismissed from Golden's employ?
(a) The Queen makes Tom a messenger.
(b) The Queen appoints him to the guard.
(c) Golden and Tom stage a huge fight.
(d) Golden hires Swift.
12. Upon what about Dutiful do Chade and Tom agree?
(a) That he is not good with the Skill.
(b) That he must slay Kebal.
(c) That the prince must have a practiced coterie.
(d) That he is too young for the quest.
13. How is Nettle feeling towards Tom in his dreams?
14. Why does Chade let Golden believe he is going?
(a) To keep Tom happy.
(b) So Golden will not make other plans.
(c) So Dutiful will believe Golden is going.
(d) So Golden will stay happy.
15. What is Tom doing about Nettle?
(a) Ignoring her.
(b) Talking with her.
(c) Visiting her.
(d) Begging her to come to Buckkeep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of agreement do Civil and Laudwine have?
2. What happens with Tom and Svanja's father?
3. How much did Civil do for the Piebalds?
4. What does Hap say to Tom about love?
5. Why is Nettle upset?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)