|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Chade burned?
(a) He spilt hot soup on his leg.
(b) He tried to use Skill to light a candle.
(c) He fell in the fire.
(d) An experiment blew up on him.
2. What does the Queen announce about the Witted?
(a) She announces them to have special status.
(b) She will allow them their own town.
(c) She will welcome them in her court.
(d) She asks they join the army.
3. For what reason does Thick's employer tell Thick to be careful of Tom?
(a) Tom killed Nighteyes.
(b) Tom has a vendetta against all Witted.
(c) Tom is using Thick.
(d) Tom chopped off Laudwine's arm.
4. Who had the same problem with Tom as Dutiful in the Skill?
(b) The Queen.
(d) Lord Golden.
5. How long does Tom sleep after he is healed?
(a) Four days and nights.
(b) Two days.
(c) One day.
(d) A week.
6. What does Chade tell Tom he must do?
(a) Watch the Nacheska.
(b) Keep the dragon safe.
(c) Kill Kebal.
(d) Take care of Swift.
7. Upon what about Dutiful do Chade and Tom agree?
(a) That he is too young for the quest.
(b) That he must slay Kebal.
(c) That he is not good with the Skill.
(d) That the prince must have a practiced coterie.
8. What do some of the Old Blood want from the Queen?
(a) Their children in the court.
(b) Dutiful to be open about his Wit.
(c) Concessions for extra civil rights.
9. What does Starling tell Tom about her husband?
(a) He is spying on the Queen.
(b) He wants a divorce.
(c) He wants to have a child.
(d) He no longer wants her sexually.
10. How often does Tom want Dutiful and Thick to have a lesson?
(a) Every other day.
(b) Twice a week.
(d) Once a week.
11. What does Dutiful ask Thick to do?
(a) Come on the quest with him.
(b) Stop Thick's constant music.
(d) Saddle his horse.
12. Why does Chade not want Golden to go to Aslevjal?
(a) Because Dutiful does not want Golden to go.
(b) So Golden does not meet Kebal.
(c) So Golden does not keep Icefyre safe.
(d) Because the Queen needs Golden to stay with her.
13. What does Tom give Thick from Dutiful?
(a) A destination to use for Skill.
(c) A note.
(d) A glass of wine.
14. What does Tom forbid Chade doing?
(a) Killing Civil.
(b) Practicing Skill.
(c) Taking Nettle as an apprentice.
(d) Killing off the rest of the Piebalds.
15. How does Tom use Thick in teaching Chade Skill?
(a) To help Chade hear Thick.
(b) To show him about music and Skill.
(c) To push Chade to attack Thick.
(d) To soothe Chade's agitation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is everyone talking about in the Chapter Spring Sailing?
2. What does Tom hear again in his dreams?
3. What does Chade hear in the Skill?
4. What does Laudwine tell Padget to do about Civil?
5. On whom were the deaths of Padget and Laudwine blamed?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)