|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom see in a mirror?
(a) He looks ten years older.
(b) His hair has turned white.
(c) His facial scars are gone.
(d) He has a slight bluish tint to his skin.
2. What does Tom hear again in his dreams?
(a) The menacing, foreign voice.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A new Skilled in Buckkeep.
3. How does Tom change Thick's appearance?
(a) Changes his face using Skill.
(b) Bathes him, combs his hair and gives him clean clothes.
(c) Cuts his hair and shaves him.
(d) Dyes his hair red.
4. Who are Swift's parents?
(a) Molly and Tom.
(b) Nettle and Steadfast.
(c) Golden and Starling.
(d) Molly and Burrich.
5. What is Tom doing about Nettle?
(a) Visiting her.
(b) Ignoring her.
(c) Talking with her.
(d) Begging her to come to Buckkeep.
6. On whom were the deaths of Padget and Laudwine blamed?
(a) The Queen.
7. What happens in Tom's body when it is healed?
(a) A light goes on inside.
(b) His body goes into strong spasms.
(c) It turns blue.
(d) Nothing happens.
8. What does Starling tell Tom about her husband?
(a) He wants to have a child.
(b) He no longer wants her sexually.
(c) He wants a divorce.
(d) He is spying on the Queen.
9. What does Chade do with the Skill?
(a) Spy for the Queen.
(b) Nothing in particular.
(c) Harass the Piebalds.
(d) Put out a general call to the Skilled.
10. Upon what about Dutiful do Chade and Tom agree?
(a) That he must slay Kebal.
(b) That the prince must have a practiced coterie.
(c) That he is too young for the quest.
(d) That he is not good with the Skill.
11. What kind of agreement do Civil and Laudwine have?
(a) For Civil to kidnap the prince.
(b) For Laudwine to help with assassinating Tom.
(c) For Civil to start riots in town.
(d) For Civil to spy on the palace.
12. Why is Burrich prejudiced against Wit?
(a) He believes it is dangerous for the nation.
(b) He thinks it has hurt Nettle.
(c) He thinks it killed Fitz.
(d) He thinks it harmful to animals.
13. How long does Tom sleep after he is healed?
(a) Four days and nights.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
(d) A week.
14. What does Tom realize about scrolls he is reading?
(a) They are incorrect in many beliefs.
(b) They were written after Verity died.
(c) They were written by Verity.
(d) Chade has kept them from Tom.
15. Who does Web teach about the Old Blood?
(a) Civil and Dutiful.
(b) The Queen and Dutiful.
(c) Tom and Dutiful.
(d) Dutiful, Civil and Swift.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tom's wound so dangerous?
2. What is Swift doing at the court?
3. Why does the Queen want Nettle to come to court?
4. How does Tom use Thick in teaching Chade Skill?
5. What does Laudwine tell Padget to do about Civil?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)