|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Queen want Nettle to come to court?
(a) To be a part of the prince's coterie.
(b) To train with Chade like Tom did.
(c) To be her lady-in-waiting.
(d) To meet her father.
2. What does Golden plan to do about Dutiful's quest?
(a) Finance it.
(b) Accompany him.
(c) Draw him a detailed map to follow.
(d) Stop him from going.
3. What does Hap say to Tom about love?
(a) That Tom does not love him.
(b) That love is painful.
(c) That love cannot be denied.
(d) That Tom does not understand love.
4. How does Tom feel when they ride to meet the Old Blood?
(b) Extremely fearful.
5. How does Tom get dismissed from Golden's employ?
(a) Golden and Tom stage a huge fight.
(b) The Queen appoints him to the guard.
(c) The Queen makes Tom a messenger.
(d) Golden hires Swift.
6. On whom were the deaths of Padget and Laudwine blamed?
(b) The Queen.
7. What does Jinna ask when Tom visits her after he recovers?
(a) If he wants to marry.
(b) If he has a daughter.
(c) Why he killed three men.
(d) If he can lend her some money.
8. For what reason does Thick's employer tell Thick to be careful of Tom?
(a) Tom chopped off Laudwine's arm.
(b) Tom has a vendetta against all Witted.
(c) Tom is using Thick.
(d) Tom killed Nighteyes.
9. What does Tom realize about scrolls he is reading?
(a) They are incorrect in many beliefs.
(b) Chade has kept them from Tom.
(c) They were written after Verity died.
(d) They were written by Verity.
10. Why is Swift at the court?
(a) To see Web.
(b) To ask to be a page.
(c) To see Tom.
(d) To ask if he can join the Queen's guard.
11. Why does Web stay at the palace?
(a) He is too old to travel around anymore.
(b) He likes one of the ladies-in-waiting.
(c) To teach the Farseers about the Old Blood ways.
(d) He likes the food.
12. Upon what about Dutiful do Chade and Tom agree?
(a) That he is too young for the quest.
(b) That he must slay Kebal.
(c) That he is not good with the Skill.
(d) That the prince must have a practiced coterie.
13. How does Chade feel about what Golden tells Tom about the world?
(a) He becomes fearful.
(b) He has no reaction to the news.
(c) He does not believe it.
(d) He wants to kill Golden.
14. What does Tom demand of Golden and Chade while he is recovering?
(a) They tell him was has been happening.
(b) They tell the Queen to allow Swift to be a page.
(c) They keep Nettle from coming to the court.
(d) They allow him to begin the lessons again.
15. What does the Prince think of Thick?
(a) He likes him.
(b) He thinks he is stupid and disgusting.
(c) He feels towards Thick like a younger brother.
(d) He admires Thick's Skill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Civil's mother?
2. What do Thick's employers call Tom?
3. What does Chade tell Tom he must do?
4. What does the Queen announce about the Witted?
5. Why is Hap not with Svanja?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)