|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some of the Old Blood want from the Queen?
(a) Concessions for extra civil rights.
(c) Dutiful to be open about his Wit.
(d) Their children in the court.
2. With what weapon will Tom fight?
(a) A bow and arrows.
(b) An axe.
(c) A staff.
(d) A sword.
3. What does Jinna ask when Tom visits her after he recovers?
(a) If he wants to marry.
(b) Why he killed three men.
(c) If he has a daughter.
(d) If he can lend her some money.
4. What type of symbol does Tom discuss in the epilogue?
(a) A star.
(b) A square.
(c) A circle.
(d) A triangle.
5. What does Tom do while recuperating?
(a) Reading scrolls about healing and maintaing the body.
(b) Meeting with the Bingtown ambassadors.
(c) Looking for an animal with whom he can bond.
(d) Visiting his daughter.
6. Who is Laudwine's middle man with Thick?
7. What does Tom do immediately after he leaves Laudwine?
(a) Calls for Thick.
(b) Goes to a tavern.
(c) Returns to the palace.
(d) Kills a crazed horse.
8. Why is Hap not with Svanja?
(a) She has run away from home.
(b) Her father has locked her in the house.
(c) She wants an older man.
(d) She has taken up with a sailor.
9. What happens with Tom and Svanja's father?
(a) They have a drink together.
(b) They decide to make Hap and Svanja marry.
(c) They decide to make Hap and Svanja separate.
(d) They get into a physical fight.
10. What do the scrolls say will happen to anyone who speaks the truth about the prince?
(a) They will be brought to the Queen.
(b) They will be laughed at and scorned.
(c) The scrolls do not mention the prince.
(d) They will be killed.
11. What does the Queen announce about the Witted?
(a) She announces them to have special status.
(b) She asks they join the army.
(c) She will welcome them in her court.
(d) She will allow them their own town.
12. How often does Tom want Dutiful and Thick to have a lesson?
(a) Once a week.
(c) Every other day.
(d) Twice a week.
13. What does Dutiful skill Tom about concerning Civil?
(a) That Civil went home.
(b) That Civil is with the Piebalds.
(c) That Civil has been hurt.
(d) That Civil is in danger.
14. Why is Swift at the court?
(a) To ask to be a page.
(b) To ask if he can join the Queen's guard.
(c) To see Web.
(d) To see Tom.
15. What does Hap say to Tom about love?
(a) That Tom does not love him.
(b) That Tom does not understand love.
(c) That love cannot be denied.
(d) That love is painful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tom restore his scars?
2. On whom were the deaths of Padget and Laudwine blamed?
3. For what reason does Thick's employer tell Thick to be careful of Tom?
4. How long does Tom sleep after he is healed?
5. What do Thick's employers call Tom?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)