|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom use Thick in teaching Chade Skill?
(a) To soothe Chade's agitation.
(b) To show him about music and Skill.
(c) To help Chade hear Thick.
(d) To push Chade to attack Thick.
2. How does Chade feel about what Golden tells Tom about the world?
(a) He becomes fearful.
(b) He wants to kill Golden.
(c) He does not believe it.
(d) He has no reaction to the news.
3. Why does the Queen want Nettle to come to court?
(a) To be her lady-in-waiting.
(b) To meet her father.
(c) To train with Chade like Tom did.
(d) To be a part of the prince's coterie.
4. With what weapon will Tom fight?
(a) A staff.
(b) A sword.
(c) An axe.
(d) A bow and arrows.
5. Upon what about Dutiful do Chade and Tom agree?
(a) That he is too young for the quest.
(b) That the prince must have a practiced coterie.
(c) That he is not good with the Skill.
(d) That he must slay Kebal.
6. Who does the Queen get in exchange for Dutiful?
7. Why is Swift at the court?
(a) To see Web.
(b) To ask if he can join the Queen's guard.
(c) To ask to be a page.
(d) To see Tom.
8. Why is Chade difficult to teach Skill?
(a) He has started older than he should.
(b) He does not like Dutiful.
(c) He won't listen to Tom.
(d) He has little power.
9. What does Chade hear in the Skill?
(a) Thick's music and Nettle.
(c) Tom yelling at him.
(d) Thick screaming.
10. What does Starling tell Tom about her husband?
(a) He wants to have a child.
(b) He wants a divorce.
(c) He no longer wants her sexually.
(d) He is spying on the Queen.
11. What does the Prince think of Thick?
(a) He admires Thick's Skill.
(b) He feels towards Thick like a younger brother.
(c) He thinks he is stupid and disgusting.
(d) He likes him.
12. What does Dutiful ask Thick to do?
(a) Saddle his horse.
(b) Stop Thick's constant music.
(d) Come on the quest with him.
13. What does Chade say about the Bingtown traders and their dragon?
(a) Their dragon is stone.
(b) They are telling the truth.
(c) Their dragon is too old to be of any use.
(d) They are lying.
14. What does Golden plan to do about Dutiful's quest?
(a) Draw him a detailed map to follow.
(b) Stop him from going.
(c) Finance it.
(d) Accompany him.
15. What has changed in Golden?
(a) He drinks and gambles.
(b) He is seeing Starling as a lover.
(c) He says he does not love Tom.
(d) He does not support the Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chade not want Golden to go to Aslevjal?
2. What does Tom realize about Chade and Skill?
3. Why does Web stay at the palace?
4. What happens when Dutiful tries to Skill Tom when Tom is fighting?
5. How does Tom change Thick's appearance?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)