|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom demand of Golden and Chade while he is recovering?
(a) They tell him was has been happening.
(b) They keep Nettle from coming to the court.
(c) They allow him to begin the lessons again.
(d) They tell the Queen to allow Swift to be a page.
2. What does Tom forbid Chade doing?
(a) Killing off the rest of the Piebalds.
(b) Practicing Skill.
(c) Killing Civil.
(d) Taking Nettle as an apprentice.
3. Why does the Queen ride out to meet the Old Blood?
(a) To arrest them.
(b) For a convocation.
(c) To introduce her son to them.
(d) To hire a teacher for Dutiful.
4. What is everyone talking about in the Chapter Spring Sailing?
(a) An island that was just discovered.
(b) The new admiral.
(c) The prince's quest.
(d) The new navy.
5. What does the Queen announce about the Witted?
(a) She will allow them their own town.
(b) She asks they join the army.
(c) She will welcome them in her court.
(d) She announces them to have special status.
6. Why does Tom restore his scars?
(a) So it looks like he has fought in a war.
(b) He does it by accident.
(c) He has never liked his face.
(d) So he looks like Tom instead of Fitz.
7. How does Tom change Thick's appearance?
(a) Dyes his hair red.
(b) Cuts his hair and shaves him.
(c) Changes his face using Skill.
(d) Bathes him, combs his hair and gives him clean clothes.
8. What does Tom realize about Chade and Skill?
(a) He is indifferent to it.
(b) He is not capable of it.
(c) He has become obsessed with it.
(d) He is afraid of it.
9. What does Tom give Thick from Dutiful?
(a) A note.
(b) A glass of wine.
(d) A destination to use for Skill.
10. What does Laudwine tell Padget to do about Civil?
(a) Kidnap him and hold him for his mother's good behavior.
(b) Take him back to his mother's estate.
(c) Kill Civil's cat.
(d) Kill him.
11. What does Golden plan to do about Dutiful's quest?
(a) Finance it.
(b) Draw him a detailed map to follow.
(c) Accompany him.
(d) Stop him from going.
12. Who does Web teach about the Old Blood?
(a) The Queen and Dutiful.
(b) Civil and Dutiful.
(c) Dutiful, Civil and Swift.
(d) Tom and Dutiful.
13. What do the scrolls say will happen to anyone who speaks the truth about the prince?
(a) They will be killed.
(b) The scrolls do not mention the prince.
(c) They will be brought to the Queen.
(d) They will be laughed at and scorned.
14. What does Tom do when Dutiful does not come for his lesson?
(a) Tell Thick to find the prince.
(b) Go and look for him.
(c) Report the prince to the Queen.
(d) Skill Dutiful to come.
15. What has changed in Golden?
(a) He says he does not love Tom.
(b) He is seeing Starling as a lover.
(c) He drinks and gambles.
(d) He does not support the Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chade do with the Skill?
2. What happens to Civil's mother?
3. What happens when Dutiful tries to Skill Tom when Tom is fighting?
4. How would Golden be able to go without being a member of the party?
5. How does Chade feel about what Golden tells Tom about the world?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)