|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince think of Thick?
(a) He feels towards Thick like a younger brother.
(b) He admires Thick's Skill.
(c) He thinks he is stupid and disgusting.
(d) He likes him.
2. Why is Hap not with Svanja?
(a) She has run away from home.
(b) Her father has locked her in the house.
(c) She has taken up with a sailor.
(d) She wants an older man.
3. For what reason does Thick's employer tell Thick to be careful of Tom?
(a) Tom killed Nighteyes.
(b) Tom chopped off Laudwine's arm.
(c) Tom has a vendetta against all Witted.
(d) Tom is using Thick.
4. What does Chade hear in the Skill?
(a) Tom yelling at him.
(b) Thick screaming.
(c) Thick's music and Nettle.
5. Who is Laudwine's middle man with Thick?
6. How long does Tom sleep after he is healed?
(a) Four days and nights.
(b) Two days.
(c) A week.
(d) One day.
7. Why is Tom's wound so dangerous?
(a) It is not dangerous.
(b) It has become infected.
(c) There was poison on the blade.
(d) It broke his back.
8. What type of symbol does Tom discuss in the epilogue?
(a) A square.
(b) A triangle.
(c) A star.
(d) A circle.
9. What happens in Tom's body when it is healed?
(a) Nothing happens.
(b) His body goes into strong spasms.
(c) It turns blue.
(d) A light goes on inside.
10. Why does Tom restore his scars?
(a) He does it by accident.
(b) So it looks like he has fought in a war.
(c) So he looks like Tom instead of Fitz.
(d) He has never liked his face.
11. How often does Tom want Dutiful and Thick to have a lesson?
(a) Once a week.
(c) Every other day.
(d) Twice a week.
12. What does Golden plan to do about Dutiful's quest?
(a) Finance it.
(b) Draw him a detailed map to follow.
(c) Stop him from going.
(d) Accompany him.
13. Why is Swift at the court?
(a) To see Tom.
(b) To see Web.
(c) To ask to be a page.
(d) To ask if he can join the Queen's guard.
14. What does Tom do while recuperating?
(a) Meeting with the Bingtown ambassadors.
(b) Reading scrolls about healing and maintaing the body.
(c) Visiting his daughter.
(d) Looking for an animal with whom he can bond.
15. With what weapon will Tom fight?
(a) A staff.
(b) A bow and arrows.
(c) A sword.
(d) An axe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom change Thick's appearance?
2. What does the Queen tell Tom after he is healed?
3. How does Tom get dismissed from Golden's employ?
4. Why does Chade let Golden believe he is going?
5. Why does Kebal want to kill Fitz or Tom?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)