|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Queen announce about the Witted?
(a) Witted must serve one year in the army.
(b) Being Witted is a crime.
(c) If you are Witted you must be registered with the court.
(d) Being Witted is not a crime.
2. What type of symbol does Tom discuss in the epilogue?
(a) A triangle.
(b) A square.
(c) A circle.
(d) A star.
3. How does Tom feel when they ride to meet the Old Blood?
(c) Extremely fearful.
4. What happens in Tom's body when it is healed?
(a) Nothing happens.
(b) His body goes into strong spasms.
(c) It turns blue.
(d) A light goes on inside.
5. What does Tom realize about scrolls he is reading?
(a) Chade has kept them from Tom.
(b) They are incorrect in many beliefs.
(c) They were written after Verity died.
(d) They were written by Verity.
6. What does Chade suggest to Tom about the coterie?
(a) Getting Jinna to join.
(b) Asking Nettle to join.
(c) Joining the quest himself.
(d) Asking Civil to join.
7. Who does the Queen get in exchange for Dutiful?
8. Why is Swift at the court?
(a) To see Web.
(b) To ask to be a page.
(c) To ask if he can join the Queen's guard.
(d) To see Tom.
9. What happens when Dutiful tries to Skill Tom when Tom is fighting?
(a) Tom overpowers Dutiful.
(b) Dutiful overpowers Tom.
(c) Tom cannot hear him.
(d) Dutiful cannot hear Tom.
10. For what reason does Thick's employer tell Thick to be careful of Tom?
(a) Tom has a vendetta against all Witted.
(b) Tom is using Thick.
(c) Tom chopped off Laudwine's arm.
(d) Tom killed Nighteyes.
11. What does Tom do while recuperating?
(a) Looking for an animal with whom he can bond.
(b) Visiting his daughter.
(c) Reading scrolls about healing and maintaing the body.
(d) Meeting with the Bingtown ambassadors.
12. What is Swift doing at the court?
(a) He is a page.
(b) He is a Queen's messenger.
(c) He is visiting Tom.
(d) He is a member of the guard.
13. Why does Tom use the Skill to bring Thick to him?
(a) To have Thick clean up Chade's rooms.
(b) To give Thick a red whistle.
(c) So Thick can bring firewood.
(d) To make the prince jealous.
14. What happens with Tom and Svanja's father?
(a) They decide to make Hap and Svanja marry.
(b) They decide to make Hap and Svanja separate.
(c) They get into a physical fight.
(d) They have a drink together.
15. What does Civil tell Laudwine about his mother?
(a) She has no friends and is dishonored.
(b) She wants to join the Piebalds.
(c) She is coming to live at Buckkeep.
(d) She wants Civil at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom give Thick from Dutiful?
2. What does Tom say is the way to a better life?
3. Why is Tom's wound so dangerous?
4. Who does Web teach about the Old Blood?
5. What does Tom demand of Golden and Chade while he is recovering?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)