|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom use Thick in teaching Chade Skill?
(a) To show him about music and Skill.
(b) To soothe Chade's agitation.
(c) To help Chade hear Thick.
(d) To push Chade to attack Thick.
2. Why does Tom restore his scars?
(a) He does it by accident.
(b) So he looks like Tom instead of Fitz.
(c) He has never liked his face.
(d) So it looks like he has fought in a war.
3. How would Golden be able to go without being a member of the party?
(a) He is very sneaky.
(b) He has many connections in the world.
(c) He is very rich.
(d) He has many friends.
4. How does Tom change Thick's appearance?
(a) Dyes his hair red.
(b) Changes his face using Skill.
(c) Cuts his hair and shaves him.
(d) Bathes him, combs his hair and gives him clean clothes.
5. What does Tom give Thick from Dutiful?
(a) A glass of wine.
(b) A note.
(c) A destination to use for Skill.
6. Why does the Queen want Nettle to come to court?
(a) To be a part of the prince's coterie.
(b) To meet her father.
(c) To be her lady-in-waiting.
(d) To train with Chade like Tom did.
7. Why is Chade burned?
(a) An experiment blew up on him.
(b) He fell in the fire.
(c) He tried to use Skill to light a candle.
(d) He spilt hot soup on his leg.
8. What happens to Civil's mother?
(a) Nothing happens to her.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) She is kidnapped by a Witted nobleman.
(d) She is killed by the Piebalds.
9. What does Tom forbid Chade doing?
(a) Taking Nettle as an apprentice.
(b) Killing Civil.
(c) Killing off the rest of the Piebalds.
(d) Practicing Skill.
10. What does Dutiful skill Tom about concerning Civil?
(a) That Civil is in danger.
(b) That Civil went home.
(c) That Civil is with the Piebalds.
(d) That Civil has been hurt.
11. What does Tom do while recuperating?
(a) Looking for an animal with whom he can bond.
(b) Visiting his daughter.
(c) Meeting with the Bingtown ambassadors.
(d) Reading scrolls about healing and maintaing the body.
12. Why is Burrich prejudiced against Wit?
(a) He believes it is dangerous for the nation.
(b) He thinks it killed Fitz.
(c) He thinks it has hurt Nettle.
(d) He thinks it harmful to animals.
13. With what weapon will Tom fight?
(a) An axe.
(b) A sword.
(c) A staff.
(d) A bow and arrows.
14. What does Civil tell Laudwine about his mother?
(a) She wants Civil at home.
(b) She is coming to live at Buckkeep.
(c) She wants to join the Piebalds.
(d) She has no friends and is dishonored.
15. What does the Prince think of Thick?
(a) He thinks he is stupid and disgusting.
(b) He admires Thick's Skill.
(c) He feels towards Thick like a younger brother.
(d) He likes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of agreement do Civil and Laudwine have?
2. What has changed in Golden?
3. Why is Tom angry at Golden?
4. What do the scrolls say will happen to anyone who speaks the truth about the prince?
5. What does Tom realize about Chade and Skill?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)