|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laudwine do to Tom when they are fighting?
(a) Break Tom's leg.
(b) Stab him with a sword in the back.
(c) Tries to cut off Tom's arm.
(d) Hits him over the head.
2. Who does Web teach about the Old Blood?
(a) The Queen and Dutiful.
(b) Tom and Dutiful.
(c) Civil and Dutiful.
(d) Dutiful, Civil and Swift.
3. What does Tom do immediately after he leaves Laudwine?
(a) Returns to the palace.
(b) Calls for Thick.
(c) Kills a crazed horse.
(d) Goes to a tavern.
4. What does the Queen tell Tom after he is healed?
(a) She has accepted the offer from the Bingtown traders.
(b) She wants to marry Tom.
(c) Nettle is coming to court.
(d) She owes him for everything he has done for her.
5. Why does the Queen ride out to meet the Old Blood?
(a) To hire a teacher for Dutiful.
(b) To introduce her son to them.
(c) To arrest them.
(d) For a convocation.
6. What does Chade hear in the Skill?
(b) Thick screaming.
(c) Tom yelling at him.
(d) Thick's music and Nettle.
7. What kind of agreement do Civil and Laudwine have?
(a) For Laudwine to help with assassinating Tom.
(b) For Civil to kidnap the prince.
(c) For Civil to spy on the palace.
(d) For Civil to start riots in town.
8. What does Tom realize about the coterie and Golden?
(a) It will be broken without Golden.
(b) It will be stronger without Golden.
(c) Golden is a central member of the coterie.
(d) Golden is not a member of the coterie.
9. What happens when Civil was in danger?
(a) Dutiful hid Civil.
(b) His cat attacked the Queen.
(c) Tom hid Civil.
(d) His cat attacked Dutiful.
10. What were the Piebalds doing to Civil's mother?
(a) Trashing her estate to keep her afraid.
(b) Sexually assaulting her.
(c) Pressuring her to join them.
(d) Stealing her money.
11. How long does Tom sleep after he is healed?
(a) A week.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four days and nights.
12. What does Starling tell Tom about her husband?
(a) He no longer wants her sexually.
(b) He wants to have a child.
(c) He is spying on the Queen.
(d) He wants a divorce.
13. What does Jinna ask when Tom visits her after he recovers?
(a) If he wants to marry.
(b) If he can lend her some money.
(c) Why he killed three men.
(d) If he has a daughter.
14. How does Tom use Thick in teaching Chade Skill?
(a) To push Chade to attack Thick.
(b) To help Chade hear Thick.
(c) To show him about music and Skill.
(d) To soothe Chade's agitation.
15. How much did Civil do for the Piebalds?
(a) He passed little information.
(b) He gave them a great deal of information.
(c) He has no connection with the Piebalds.
(d) He set up Dutiful's assassination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dutiful skill Tom about concerning Civil?
2. How does Tom change Thick's appearance?
3. How does Thick feel about having Skill lessons?
4. What type of symbol does Tom discuss in the epilogue?
5. How does Chade feel about what Golden tells Tom about the world?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)