|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Tom's Skill teacher treat his students?
(a) He was like a father to them.
(b) He was difficult but fair.
(c) In an abusive manner.
(d) Too lenient.
2. Why does Tom ask Chade to send Thick away during his lessons with Dutiful?
(a) Thick hates the prince.
(b) Thick's anger interferes with the Skill.
(c) Thick is showing up the prince.
(d) Thick is too distracting.
3. How does Golden feel about Tom?
(a) He is friendly with him.
(b) He thinks of him as a servant.
(c) He is indifferent to him.
(d) He is in love with him.
4. What does Peottre do with the gown given to Narcheska for the ball?
(a) Rips it up.
(b) Sends it to be ironed.
(c) Has the Narcheska try it on.
(d) Adds some flowers to it.
5. What did the Piebalds do to the prince?
(a) Try to assassinate him.
(b) Expose him as witted.
(c) Put him on the throne.
(d) Kidnap him.
6. What does the Queen tell Tom about his mother?
(a) She was a mountain woman.
(b) She was too young.
(c) She came from Buckkkeep.
(d) She was very powerful.
7. Who does Tom meet in Golden's chambers?
8. With what does the Piebald threaten the Witted?
(b) Breaking of their witted bond.
9. What does Bingtown want to do with Chalced?
(a) Trade with it.
(b) Destroy it.
(c) Become part of it.
(d) Annex it.
10. Who calls Tom telepathically after the betrothal party?
(b) Shadow Wolf.
(c) A dragon.
11. What does Golden say Dutiful should learn about the Narcheska?
(a) If she likes to go hunting.
(b) What her mother is like.
(c) What kind of books she reads.
(d) Her cultural norms.
12. How does Hap feel about his apprenticeship?
(a) He likes it but wants some changes.
(b) He loves it.
(c) He hates it.
(d) He is indifferent to it.
13. How does Dutiful feel towards Civil?
(a) He hates him.
(b) Like a brother.
(c) He likes him okay.
(d) He is indifferent to him.
14. What does Dutiful want Tom to teach him?
(b) How to court Narcheska.
15. What does Hap tell Tom when they meet?
(a) Jinna has kicked him out.
(b) Svanja has left him.
(c) He has lost his apprenticeship.
(d) He is marrying Svanja.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Narcheska make the prince feel?
2. What does Svanja's father say to Tom?
3. What happens to Tom when he goes into a public steam bath?
4. What does the Queen give Tom?
5. What does Tom find out when he spies on Civil?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)