|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jinna think Hap should live?
(a) With his apprentice master.
(b) With his girlfriend.
(c) On his own renting a room.
(d) Continue living with her.
2. Where does Tom run into Starling?
(a) Golden's chambers.
(b) The royal suite.
(c) The dining hall.
(d) The stables.
3. What does Dutiful say to Lady Vance that the Narcheska overhears?
(a) That Lady Vance is beautiful.
(b) That he wishes he was betrothed to her.
(c) That she can be his mistress when he is married.
(d) That the Narcheska is a child.
4. What did the Piebalds do to the prince?
(a) Expose him as witted.
(b) Kidnap him.
(c) Put him on the throne.
(d) Try to assassinate him.
5. What does Dutiful ask Tom to tell him about?
(a) King Verity.
(b) His daughter.
(c) Being bonded with Nighteyes.
(d) How his mother met his father.
6. Why does Tom ask Chade to send Thick away during his lessons with Dutiful?
(a) Thick's anger interferes with the Skill.
(b) Thick is too distracting.
(c) Thick is showing up the prince.
(d) Thick hates the prince.
7. Which servant had been rude to the Narcheska?
8. What does the Narcheska say Dutiful must do?
(a) Quit being friends with Lady Vance.
(b) Build a boat that will sail to her home.
(c) Find and slay Icefyre.
(d) Take part in a male rite of passage ceremony.
9. What does the boy from Bingtown ask Tom?
(a) If Dutiful will marry a girl from Bingtown.
(b) If Tom dreams of dragons.
(c) If the Queen likes dragons.
(d) If Dutiful is Tom's student.
10. What does Tom see on the Narcheska's back?
(a) A serpent tattoo.
(b) A large brown birthmark.
(c) A tattoo of Dutiful's name.
(d) Scars from being whipped.
11. What does Jinna tell Tom when he goes to see her after seeing Starling?
(a) She wants to marry him.
(b) She will no longer sleep with him.
(c) She is having an affair with Hap.
(d) She wants Tom to move in with her.
12. What does the Queen give Tom?
(a) A gold bracelet.
(b) A horse.
(c) A silver fox pin.
(d) A dog.
13. How does Hap feel when Tom tells him Nighteyes is dead?
14. How was Tom's Skill teacher treat his students?
(a) He was like a father to them.
(b) Too lenient.
(c) In an abusive manner.
(d) He was difficult but fair.
15. What does Dutiful ask Tom about Lord Golden?
(a) If Golden and Tom are lovers.
(b) If he is really a nobleman.
(c) If he was not the former King's Fool.
(d) If he is a child molester.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Narcheska announce at the farewell banquet?
2. Who sees Tom hug Laurel?
3. What does Nettles say is the only time she can reach Tom?
4. What does Jinna say having sex with a Witted is like?
5. What must Tom teach Dutiful?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)