|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy from Bingtown say about Tintaglia?
(a) That she is in contact with Nettle.
(b) That she will come to Buckkeep tomorrow.
(c) That she is strong and able to fight.
(d) That she is thin and tired of feeding the serpents.
2. Of what land is the Narcheska princess?
(d) North Kingdom.
3. What is Jinna?
(a) A hedgewitch.
(b) A noblewoman.
(c) A sorcerer.
(d) A human woman.
4. What does Golden say Dutiful should learn about the Narcheska?
(a) What kind of books she reads.
(b) Her cultural norms.
(c) What her mother is like.
(d) If she likes to go hunting.
5. Why does the Queen want to help the Old Blood?
(a) Her husband was Witted.
(b) She likes Fitz.
(c) Her mother was Old Blood.
(d) Dutiful is Witted.
6. What does Thick say about the prince when Tom meets with Thick and Chade?
(a) That Lady Vance has a discordant song.
(b) That the prince is sad.
(c) That he hates the prince.
(d) That the Narcheska is pretty.
7. Where do Tom and Dutiful hold lessons?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In Tom's room.
(c) In Dutiful's suite.
(d) King Verity's tower.
8. How does Hap feel about his apprenticeship?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He is indifferent to it.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He likes it but wants some changes.
9. Where does Tom run into Starling?
(a) The stables.
(b) The royal suite.
(c) Golden's chambers.
(d) The dining hall.
10. Of whom is Dutiful jealous?
(d) Lord Golden.
11. What does the Narcheska say to Dutiful when they come out to ride with him?
(a) He will not insult her again.
(b) He is an ignorant child.
(c) He is a poor choice for husband.
(d) She will see if he is good enough to be king.
12. Where do Tom and Dutiful go with the Skill?
(a) To Tom's cottage.
(b) To a forest.
(c) To a beach.
(d) To a volcano.
13. With what does the Piebald threaten the Witted?
(d) Breaking of their witted bond.
14. What does Chade leave for Tom in Chade's tower?
(a) A new manuscript on Skill.
(b) A new kind of poison.
(c) Guard clothing.
(d) A letter from the Queen.
15. What does the Queen tell Tom about his mother?
(a) She was very powerful.
(b) She was a mountain woman.
(c) She came from Buckkkeep.
(d) She was too young.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom take from his cottage?
2. What does Nettles say is the only time she can reach Tom?
3. Who sees Tom hug Laurel?
4. How does Golden hurt his ankle?
5. How does Golden feel about Tom?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)