|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chade say the prince needs?
(a) To have more control.
(b) A coterie.
(c) A good thrashing.
(d) To learn Wit.
2. What does Nettles say is the only time she can reach Tom?
(a) In the early morning.
(b) When he is drunk.
(c) In his dreams.
(d) When he is in the north tower.
3. What does Tom tell Golden when he returns from the forest?
(a) He must go to his cottage.
(b) He is leaving Buckkeep for good.
(c) Hap is a lost cause.
(d) Dutiful does not have much Skill.
4. What is Tom mourning?
(a) Molly has died.
(b) Nettles has been kidnapped.
(c) King Verity is missing.
(d) Nighteyes' death.
5. What has the Queen said about Nettle?
(a) She must come to Buckkeep.
(b) She must join the prince's coterie.
(c) She has to become a lady-in-waiting.
(d) She can stay in the country.
6. What does Golden say Dutiful should learn about the Narcheska?
(a) What kind of books she reads.
(b) If she likes to go hunting.
(c) Her cultural norms.
(d) What her mother is like.
7. Why does Laurel think Tom should leave Buckkeep?
(a) He is Witted.
(b) He is targeted for assassination.
(c) He puts the Queen in danger.
(d) He is a danger to the prince.
8. How does Thick feel about Tom when they first meet?
(a) He likes him.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He does not notice him.
(d) He loves him.
9. What does the Queen tell Tom about his mother?
(a) She came from Buckkkeep.
(b) She was very powerful.
(c) She was too young.
(d) She was a mountain woman.
10. What relation is Hap to Tom?
(a) Natural son.
(d) Foster son.
11. What does Svanja's father say to Tom?
(a) That Svanja is just toying with Hap.
(b) That Hap has ruined Svanja.
(c) That he is going to kill Hap.
(d) That Hap is going to marry Svanja.
12. What does Peottre put on the Narcheska's back?
(b) Wet towels and snow.
(c) A green salve.
13. Where do Tom and Dutiful go with the Skill?
(a) To Tom's cottage.
(b) To a beach.
(c) To a volcano.
(d) To a forest.
14. What does Arkon do when he enters the betrothal ceremony?
(a) Yells at the Queen.
(b) Confronts Tom.
(c) Slaps Dutiful on the back.
(d) Cut his arm on his sword.
15. What must Tom teach Dutiful?
(a) How to use a sword.
(b) How to command a battalion.
(c) How to be an assassin.
(d) How to use the Skill and the Wit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Narcheska say Dutiful must do?
2. Where does Hap live at the beginning of the book?
3. What does the boy from Bingtown ask Tom?
4. What does the Narcheska say about Bingtown?
5. Who sees Tom hug Laurel?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)