|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Piebalds do to the prince?
(a) Expose him as witted.
(b) Put him on the throne.
(c) Kidnap him.
(d) Try to assassinate him.
2. Who sees Tom hug Laurel?
3. With what does the Piebald threaten the Witted?
(d) Breaking of their witted bond.
4. What does Tom tell Golden when he returns from the forest?
(a) Hap is a lost cause.
(b) He is leaving Buckkeep for good.
(c) He must go to his cottage.
(d) Dutiful does not have much Skill.
5. What do the Piebalds want to do?
(a) Kill Chade.
(b) Unite all of the people who use Skill.
(c) Put Tom on the throne.
(d) Seize power in Buckkeep.
6. What does Jinna say having sex with a Witted is like?
(b) Untamed and animalistic.
(c) No different than with anyone else.
7. What does Peottre do with the gown given to Narcheska for the ball?
(a) Has the Narcheska try it on.
(b) Rips it up.
(c) Adds some flowers to it.
(d) Sends it to be ironed.
8. How was Tom's Skill teacher treat his students?
(a) He was like a father to them.
(b) In an abusive manner.
(c) Too lenient.
(d) He was difficult but fair.
9. Who does Hap want Tom to meet?
(a) His new dog.
(b) His best friend, Phit.
(c) His apprentice master.
10. Where does Hap live at the beginning of the book?
(a) In a small room over a tavern.
(b) With his master.
(c) With Jinna.
(d) With Tom at the palace.
11. What is Laurel doing at the Stuck Pig?
(a) Working as a barmaid.
(b) Talking to Hap.
(c) Complaining about the Queen.
(d) Drinking and crying.
12. What does the Narcheska announce at the farewell banquet?
(a) She wants Dutiful to come meet her mother.
(b) The betrothal does not meet her expectations.
(c) She is not coming back.
(d) She does not like a patriarchal society.
13. Where does Jinna think Hap should live?
(a) On his own renting a room.
(b) With his girlfriend.
(c) With his apprentice master.
(d) Continue living with her.
14. Which servant had been rude to the Narcheska?
15. What does the boy from Bingtown say about Tintaglia?
(a) That she is in contact with Nettle.
(b) That she is thin and tired of feeding the serpents.
(c) That she will come to Buckkeep tomorrow.
(d) That she is strong and able to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dutiful ask Tom to tell him about?
2. What does Tom do when the Narcheska makes her announcement?
3. What does Starling call Tom?
4. How does Hap feel when Tom tells him Nighteyes is dead?
5. What happens to Tom when he goes into a public steam bath?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)