|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chade tell Tom about Laurel?
(a) She is leaving Buckkeep.
(b) She will be sleeping in the Queen's chambers.
(c) She is a spy for the Piebald.
(d) She has been given a bodyguard.
2. What does Tom offer Chade?
(a) To assassinate the leader of the Piebalds.
(b) To leave Buckkeep.
(c) To teach him about the Skill.
(d) To teach Nettle.
3. Who sees Tom hug Laurel?
4. What does Dutiful teach Civil?
(a) How to jump a horse.
(b) How to pick-up a woman.
(c) The game he learned from Tom.
(d) How to spar with a sword.
5. What is Laurel doing at the Stuck Pig?
(a) Talking to Hap.
(b) Drinking and crying.
(c) Working as a barmaid.
(d) Complaining about the Queen.
6. What does Lady Vance say the prince must do if she wins a bet with him?
(a) Sit with her at dinner.
(b) Go riding with her.
(c) Escort her to a ball.
(d) Visit her father's estate.
7. How does Golden feel about Tom?
(a) He thinks of him as a servant.
(b) He is friendly with him.
(c) He is indifferent to him.
(d) He is in love with him.
8. Why does Laurel think Tom should leave Buckkeep?
(a) He puts the Queen in danger.
(b) He is targeted for assassination.
(c) He is Witted.
(d) He is a danger to the prince.
9. What does Tom find out when he spies on Civil?
(a) That Civil is connected to the Old Blood.
(b) That Civil knows who Lord Golden is.
(c) Nothing incriminating.
(d) That Civil is stealing from Dutiful.
10. Where does Jinna think Hap should live?
(a) On his own renting a room.
(b) Continue living with her.
(c) With his girlfriend.
(d) With his apprentice master.
11. What does Golden say Dutiful should learn about the Narcheska?
(a) If she likes to go hunting.
(b) What her mother is like.
(c) Her cultural norms.
(d) What kind of books she reads.
12. What relation is Chade to Tom?
(c) Great uncle.
13. What happens to Tom when he goes into a public steam bath?
(b) He is attacked.
(c) He is given a massage.
(d) His sword is stolen.
14. What friend of Dutiful's does Tom distrust?
15. What is wrong with Tom's cottage?
(a) It is burned down.
(b) It has been flooded from a leaky roof.
(c) Is has a family of skunks living in it.
(d) It is ransacked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jinna say having sex with a Witted is like?
2. Why do ambassadors come from Bingtown?
3. How does the Narcheska think the prince views her?
4. How does Hap feel when Tom tells him Nighteyes is dead?
5. Why does Tom ask Chade to send Thick away during his lessons with Dutiful?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)