|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tom meet in Golden's chambers?
2. What does Arkon do when he enters the betrothal ceremony?
(a) Confronts Tom.
(b) Cut his arm on his sword.
(c) Slaps Dutiful on the back.
(d) Yells at the Queen.
3. How is the Narcheska's society different from the Farseers?
(a) It is based on democracy.
(b) It is matriarchal.
(c) It is communistic.
(d) It is patriarchal.
4. How does Golden hurt his ankle?
(a) Falls off the horse.
(b) Climbing a tree.
(c) Trips in a hole.
(d) Falls when hunting.
5. How does the Narcheska think the prince views her?
(a) As a child.
(b) As someone to love.
(c) As a woman.
(d) As a duty to his mother.
6. Where does Jinna think Hap should live?
(a) With his girlfriend.
(b) With his apprentice master.
(c) On his own renting a room.
(d) Continue living with her.
7. What does Lady Vance say the prince must do if she wins a bet with him?
(a) Sit with her at dinner.
(b) Visit her father's estate.
(c) Go riding with her.
(d) Escort her to a ball.
8. What did the Piebalds do to the prince?
(a) Put him on the throne.
(b) Expose him as witted.
(c) Kidnap him.
(d) Try to assassinate him.
9. What is wrong with Tom's cottage?
(a) It is ransacked.
(b) Is has a family of skunks living in it.
(c) It is burned down.
(d) It has been flooded from a leaky roof.
10. What does Hap tell Tom when they meet?
(a) Jinna has kicked him out.
(b) He has lost his apprenticeship.
(c) He is marrying Svanja.
(d) Svanja has left him.
11. Where does Hap live at the beginning of the book?
(a) With Jinna.
(b) In a small room over a tavern.
(c) With Tom at the palace.
(d) With his master.
12. Why is Starling upset with Tom?
(a) He has insulted her husband.
(b) He has taken away her chance at a better life.
(c) He won't tell her any inside information.
(d) He has made her feel ugly.
13. How does the Narcheska make the prince feel?
(c) Like an older person.
(d) Clumsy and stupid.
14. How was Tom's Skill teacher treat his students?
(a) Too lenient.
(b) In an abusive manner.
(c) He was difficult but fair.
(d) He was like a father to them.
15. What does Tom tell Golden when he returns from the forest?
(a) He is leaving Buckkeep for good.
(b) Hap is a lost cause.
(c) Dutiful does not have much Skill.
(d) He must go to his cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does the Piebald threaten the Witted?
2. What do the Piebalds want to do?
3. What does Jinna tell Tom about Hap?
4. What does Tom say Dutiful must separate?
5. What does Chade tell Tom about Laurel?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)