|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom feel in the forest?
(a) An evil fog.
(b) The trees talking.
(c) All of the animals.
(d) Men around him.
2. What does Tom say Dutiful must separate?
(a) Private and Public behavior.
(b) Skill from Wit.
(c) His needs from his desires.
(d) His mind from his heart.
3. What must Tom teach Dutiful?
(a) How to be an assassin.
(b) How to use a sword.
(c) How to command a battalion.
(d) How to use the Skill and the Wit.
4. How does Hap feel when Tom tells him Nighteyes is dead?
5. What does Dutiful ask Tom to tell him about?
(a) King Verity.
(b) Being bonded with Nighteyes.
(c) How his mother met his father.
(d) His daughter.
6. With what does the Piebald threaten the Witted?
(c) Breaking of their witted bond.
7. What does Chade tell Tom about Laurel?
(a) She is leaving Buckkeep.
(b) She will be sleeping in the Queen's chambers.
(c) She is a spy for the Piebald.
(d) She has been given a bodyguard.
8. What does Thick say Nettle said to him?
(a) That Thick should help her find the dream man.
(b) That her father has broken his leg.
(c) That she worries the dream man will quit talking with her.
(d) That she is concerned about the dragon.
9. Where do Tom and Dutiful hold lessons?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In Tom's room.
(c) King Verity's tower.
(d) In Dutiful's suite.
10. Where does Tom run into Starling?
(a) The royal suite.
(b) The stables.
(c) The dining hall.
(d) Golden's chambers.
11. What does Peottre do with the gown given to Narcheska for the ball?
(a) Adds some flowers to it.
(b) Sends it to be ironed.
(c) Has the Narcheska try it on.
(d) Rips it up.
12. Who is the leader of the Piebalds?
13. What does Golden say Dutiful should learn about the Narcheska?
(a) If she likes to go hunting.
(b) Her cultural norms.
(c) What her mother is like.
(d) What kind of books she reads.
14. How does Golden feel about Tom?
(a) He is indifferent to him.
(b) He is friendly with him.
(c) He is in love with him.
(d) He thinks of him as a servant.
15. What does Dutiful want Tom to teach him?
(d) How to court Narcheska.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom tell Golden when he returns from the forest?
2. How is the Narcheska's society different from the Farseers?
3. What is Tom's real name?
4. Why do ambassadors come from Bingtown?
5. What does Chade say Tom must do about Thick?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)