|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chade say Tom must do about Thick?
(a) Take him to the forest to find a bond animal.
(b) Make him like the prince.
(c) Train him in the skill.
(d) Heal the problem in his brain.
2. How was Tom's Skill teacher treat his students?
(a) In an abusive manner.
(b) He was difficult but fair.
(c) Too lenient.
(d) He was like a father to them.
3. What does Tom see on the Narcheska's back?
(a) A large brown birthmark.
(b) A tattoo of Dutiful's name.
(c) Scars from being whipped.
(d) A serpent tattoo.
4. What does the boy from Bingtown say about Tintaglia?
(a) That she is strong and able to fight.
(b) That she will come to Buckkeep tomorrow.
(c) That she is in contact with Nettle.
(d) That she is thin and tired of feeding the serpents.
5. How does Hap feel about his apprenticeship?
(a) He is indifferent to it.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He likes it but wants some changes.
6. What does Tom offer Chade?
(a) To leave Buckkeep.
(b) To teach Nettle.
(c) To teach him about the Skill.
(d) To assassinate the leader of the Piebalds.
7. Where do Tom and Dutiful hold lessons?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In Dutiful's suite.
(c) In Tom's room.
(d) King Verity's tower.
8. What does the Narcheska say about Bingtown?
(a) They have amazing trade goods.
(b) They have fought against the Outislanders.
(c) The betrothal will be called off is the Queen allies with them.
(d) They will try to destroy the Farseers.
9. Where does Jinna think Hap should live?
(a) On his own renting a room.
(b) Continue living with her.
(c) With his apprentice master.
(d) With his girlfriend.
10. What does Jinna tell Tom when he goes to see her after seeing Starling?
(a) She wants to marry him.
(b) She will no longer sleep with him.
(c) She wants Tom to move in with her.
(d) She is having an affair with Hap.
11. Who does Tom meet in Golden's chambers?
12. What is wrong with Tom's cottage?
(a) It is burned down.
(b) It is ransacked.
(c) Is has a family of skunks living in it.
(d) It has been flooded from a leaky roof.
13. Where do Tom and Dutiful go with the Skill?
(a) To Tom's cottage.
(b) To a beach.
(c) To a volcano.
(d) To a forest.
14. Why is Starling upset with Tom?
(a) He has insulted her husband.
(b) He has taken away her chance at a better life.
(c) He has made her feel ugly.
(d) He won't tell her any inside information.
15. What has the Queen said about Nettle?
(a) She must come to Buckkeep.
(b) She has to become a lady-in-waiting.
(c) She can stay in the country.
(d) She must join the prince's coterie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thick say Nettle said to him?
2. What does the boy from Bingtown ask Tom?
3. Which servant had been rude to the Narcheska?
4. Why does Tom ask Chade to send Thick away during his lessons with Dutiful?
5. What does the Narcheska announce at the farewell banquet?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)