|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Thick do with Tom?
(a) Speak telepathically.
(b) Make Tom move involuntarily.
(c) Help Tom with math problems.
(d) Enhance Tom's magic.
2. What does Arkon do when he enters the betrothal ceremony?
(a) Slaps Dutiful on the back.
(b) Yells at the Queen.
(c) Cut his arm on his sword.
(d) Confronts Tom.
3. Where does Jinna think Hap should live?
(a) On his own renting a room.
(b) With his girlfriend.
(c) With his apprentice master.
(d) Continue living with her.
4. What does Nettles say is the only time she can reach Tom?
(a) When he is in the north tower.
(b) In his dreams.
(c) In the early morning.
(d) When he is drunk.
5. What does Dutiful ask Tom about Lord Golden?
(a) If he was not the former King's Fool.
(b) If he is really a nobleman.
(c) If he is a child molester.
(d) If Golden and Tom are lovers.
6. What does Jinna tell Tom about Hap?
(a) He needs discipline.
(b) He is doing well.
(c) He does not eat enough.
(d) He works hard for his master.
7. Where do Tom and Dutiful go with the Skill?
(a) To a beach.
(b) To a volcano.
(c) To Tom's cottage.
(d) To a forest.
8. How does Golden feel about Tom?
(a) He is friendly with him.
(b) He is in love with him.
(c) He is indifferent to him.
(d) He thinks of him as a servant.
9. What does the Narcheska announce at the farewell banquet?
(a) She is not coming back.
(b) She wants Dutiful to come meet her mother.
(c) The betrothal does not meet her expectations.
(d) She does not like a patriarchal society.
10. Who does Tom meet in Golden's chambers?
11. What do the Piebalds want to do?
(a) Put Tom on the throne.
(b) Kill Chade.
(c) Unite all of the people who use Skill.
(d) Seize power in Buckkeep.
12. What does the Narcheska say about Bingtown?
(a) The betrothal will be called off is the Queen allies with them.
(b) They will try to destroy the Farseers.
(c) They have fought against the Outislanders.
(d) They have amazing trade goods.
13. What does Tom take from his cottage?
(a) The rest of his clothing.
(b) Letters from Starling.
(c) His scrolls.
(d) His books.
14. Where does Tom run into Starling?
(a) The royal suite.
(b) Golden's chambers.
(c) The stables.
(d) The dining hall.
15. Who does Hap want Tom to meet?
(a) His new dog.
(b) His best friend, Phit.
(d) His apprentice master.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader of the Piebalds?
2. Why does Laurel think Tom should leave Buckkeep?
3. What does Peottre put on the Narcheska's back?
4. What does Chade leave for Tom in Chade's tower?
5. Why is Tom furious with Golden?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)