|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chade say the prince needs?
(a) A good thrashing.
(b) A coterie.
(c) To learn Wit.
(d) To have more control.
2. What does Starling call Tom?
(a) The Queen's boy.
(b) A two timer.
(c) An ignorant servant.
(d) Golden's lover.
3. What does Golden say Dutiful should learn about the Narcheska?
(a) What kind of books she reads.
(b) Her cultural norms.
(c) What her mother is like.
(d) If she likes to go hunting.
4. What does Dutiful want Tom to teach him?
(a) How to court Narcheska.
5. Where does Jinna think Hap should live?
(a) On his own renting a room.
(b) With his girlfriend.
(c) Continue living with her.
(d) With his apprentice master.
6. What can Thick do with Tom?
(a) Enhance Tom's magic.
(b) Make Tom move involuntarily.
(c) Help Tom with math problems.
(d) Speak telepathically.
7. What does Tom see on the Narcheska's back?
(a) A large brown birthmark.
(b) A serpent tattoo.
(c) Scars from being whipped.
(d) A tattoo of Dutiful's name.
8. What does Chade leave for Tom in Chade's tower?
(a) A new kind of poison.
(b) Guard clothing.
(c) A new manuscript on Skill.
(d) A letter from the Queen.
9. How does Thick feel about Tom when they first meet?
(a) He does not notice him.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He loves him.
(d) He likes him.
10. Why does Tom say he cannot go to the prince's betrothal party?
(a) He is going to be out of the city at that time.
(b) Tom is a servant.
(c) He does not know how to dance.
(d) He does not have any clothes to wear.
11. Why does Laurel think Tom should leave Buckkeep?
(a) He puts the Queen in danger.
(b) He is a danger to the prince.
(c) He is targeted for assassination.
(d) He is Witted.
12. Who sees Tom hug Laurel?
13. How is the Narcheska's society different from the Farseers?
(a) It is based on democracy.
(b) It is matriarchal.
(c) It is communistic.
(d) It is patriarchal.
14. How does the Narcheska think the prince views her?
(a) As a child.
(b) As a duty to his mother.
(c) As someone to love.
(d) As a woman.
15. What does Tom say Dutiful must separate?
(a) Skill from Wit.
(b) Private and Public behavior.
(c) His needs from his desires.
(d) His mind from his heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Queen give Tom?
2. What does the Narcheska say Dutiful must do?
3. Why do ambassadors come from Bingtown?
4. Who is the leader of the Piebalds?
5. What do the Narcheska and Peottre do about the Bingtown traders?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)