|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thick feel about Tom when they first meet?
(a) He loves him.
(b) He likes him.
(c) He does not notice him.
(d) He hates him.
2. What does Tom say Dutiful must separate?
(a) Private and Public behavior.
(b) Skill from Wit.
(c) His needs from his desires.
(d) His mind from his heart.
3. What does Dutiful ask Tom to tell him about?
(a) King Verity.
(b) His daughter.
(c) How his mother met his father.
(d) Being bonded with Nighteyes.
4. What relation is Hap to Tom?
(a) Foster son.
(b) Natural son.
5. What does Dutiful ask Tom about Lord Golden?
(a) If Golden and Tom are lovers.
(b) If he was not the former King's Fool.
(c) If he is a child molester.
(d) If he is really a nobleman.
6. Why is Starling upset with Tom?
(a) He has insulted her husband.
(b) He has taken away her chance at a better life.
(c) He has made her feel ugly.
(d) He won't tell her any inside information.
7. What does Tom find out when he spies on Civil?
(a) Nothing incriminating.
(b) That Civil is stealing from Dutiful.
(c) That Civil is connected to the Old Blood.
(d) That Civil knows who Lord Golden is.
8. What does Arkon do when he enters the betrothal ceremony?
(a) Yells at the Queen.
(b) Slaps Dutiful on the back.
(c) Cut his arm on his sword.
(d) Confronts Tom.
9. What does Lady Vance say the prince must do if she wins a bet with him?
(a) Sit with her at dinner.
(b) Visit her father's estate.
(c) Escort her to a ball.
(d) Go riding with her.
10. Where do Tom and Dutiful hold lessons?
(a) In the basement.
(b) King Verity's tower.
(c) In Tom's room.
(d) In Dutiful's suite.
11. With what does the Piebald threaten the Witted?
(d) Breaking of their witted bond.
12. What friend of Dutiful's does Tom distrust?
13. What does the Queen tell Tom about his mother?
(a) She came from Buckkkeep.
(b) She was too young.
(c) She was a mountain woman.
(d) She was very powerful.
14. What does Tom do when the Narcheska makes her announcement?
(a) Put a Skill command on the Narcheska.
(b) Put a Skill command on Dutiful.
(c) Offers the Narcheska the use of his Skill.
(d) Pull Dutiful out of the hall.
15. How was Tom's Skill teacher treat his students?
(a) He was like a father to them.
(b) He was difficult but fair.
(c) In an abusive manner.
(d) Too lenient.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what land is the Narcheska princess?
2. What is wrong with Tom's cottage?
3. What does Thick say about the prince when Tom meets with Thick and Chade?
4. What does the boy from Bingtown say about Tintaglia?
5. What does Jinna tell Tom when he goes to see her after seeing Starling?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)