|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dutiful teach Civil?
(a) How to spar with a sword.
(b) How to jump a horse.
(c) How to pick-up a woman.
(d) The game he learned from Tom.
2. What does Golden say Dutiful should learn about the Narcheska?
(a) If she likes to go hunting.
(b) Her cultural norms.
(c) What her mother is like.
(d) What kind of books she reads.
3. Where does Hap live at the beginning of the book?
(a) With Jinna.
(b) With Tom at the palace.
(c) In a small room over a tavern.
(d) With his master.
4. What can Thick do with Tom?
(a) Enhance Tom's magic.
(b) Make Tom move involuntarily.
(c) Help Tom with math problems.
(d) Speak telepathically.
5. How was Tom's Skill teacher treat his students?
(a) He was difficult but fair.
(b) In an abusive manner.
(c) He was like a father to them.
(d) Too lenient.
6. How does Golden hurt his ankle?
(a) Climbing a tree.
(b) Trips in a hole.
(c) Falls when hunting.
(d) Falls off the horse.
7. Who does Hap want Tom to meet?
(a) His new dog.
(b) His apprentice master.
(c) His best friend, Phit.
8. What is wrong with Tom's cottage?
(a) It has been flooded from a leaky roof.
(b) Is has a family of skunks living in it.
(c) It is burned down.
(d) It is ransacked.
9. What does Jinna tell Tom when he goes to see her after seeing Starling?
(a) She wants Tom to move in with her.
(b) She will no longer sleep with him.
(c) She wants to marry him.
(d) She is having an affair with Hap.
10. What does Nettles say is the only time she can reach Tom?
(a) In his dreams.
(b) In the early morning.
(c) When he is drunk.
(d) When he is in the north tower.
11. How does Dutiful feel towards Civil?
(a) He hates him.
(b) He likes him okay.
(c) Like a brother.
(d) He is indifferent to him.
12. What did the Piebalds do to the prince?
(a) Try to assassinate him.
(b) Put him on the throne.
(c) Kidnap him.
(d) Expose him as witted.
13. Why do the Piebalds want to keep Tom alive?
(a) To use him.
(b) They don't want to keep him alive.
(c) His brother is a member of the Piebalds.
(d) To have him spy on the Queen.
14. How does Hap feel when Tom tells him Nighteyes is dead?
15. Why does Tom say he cannot go to the prince's betrothal party?
(a) He is going to be out of the city at that time.
(b) Tom is a servant.
(c) He does not have any clothes to wear.
(d) He does not know how to dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Laurel doing at the Stuck Pig?
2. What does Thick say Nettle said to him?
3. What does Tom do when the Narcheska makes her announcement?
4. What does Tom take from his cottage?
5. What does Chade leave for Tom in Chade's tower?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)