Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Prologue, Losses Sustained; Chapter I, Piebalds; Chapter II, Chade's Servant
1. Why is Tom sad at the beginning of the book, and what does Lord Golden say about Tom's sadness?
2. What do the Piebalds claim about the Witted, and what is actually true about the Piebalds?
3. What is the Piebald's goal and how do they work towards that goal?
4. What does Tom tell Hap about Nighteyes, how does Hap feel and why is Tom upset with Hap?
5. How does Tom know a little about the Narcheska...
This section contains 1,043 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)