|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing the Prince can focus on as Charlotte and Mr. Verver leave?
(a) The image of the golden bowl.
(c) The guilt he feels inside.
(d) Charlotte waving.
2. What plan of Charlotte's does Maggie feel is unjust?
(a) Charlotte's plan to separate Maggie from her father.
(b) Charlotte's plan to spread gossip about Maggie.
(c) Charlotte's plan to sacrifice her happiness to make up for her wrong doings.
(d) Charlotte's plan to discredit Fanny.
3. What does Maggie suddenly think the others in her party want her to do in Book Fifth Chapter 2?
(a) Abandon her marriage.
(b) Have an emotional outburst.
(c) Take the blame for the cause of the affair.
(d) Reveal the truth to her father.
4. Where is the group preparing to go in Book Fourth Chapter 7?
(a) The Fawns.
(c) Palazzo Nero.
5. In Book Fifth Chapter 4, what does Maggie suspect the Prince returns to London in order to escape?
(a) Hearing Charlotte's voice.
(b) Looking at Fanny's disapproving expression.
(c) His father-in-law's company.
(d) Maggie herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conclusion does Fanny come to in Book Third Chapter 10?
2. What idea does Maggie suggest the Prince should present to Mr. Verver?
3. What does Maggie ask the people the identifies as being helpful to her plan to do?
4. What does Maggie decide to do to surprise the Prince on the day he is to return from Matcham?
5. What does Charlotte ask Maggie about in Book Fifth Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fanny notice about the Prince's and the Ververs' households in Book Third Chapter 6?
2. How does Maggie find out about the past relationship between Charlotte and the Prince?
3. What sense of accomplishment does Maggie feel after throwing a dinner party in Book Fourth Chapter 4?
4. What plan of Charlotte's does Maggie tell Fanny about in Book Sixth Chapter 1?
5. What does Maggie suggest the Prince do on their way home from the dinner party in Book Fourth Chapter 3? How does the Prince then startle Maggie?
6. What does the analogy of the day being like a cup remind the Prince of?
7. What does Fanny believe Maggie has discovered and must do in Book Third Chapter 11?
8. In Book Fourth Chapter 7, what do the Assinghams remind each other of? What does Fanny worry about being accused of if the truth about the Prince's and Charlotte's relationship comes out?
9. What thought about who is to blame for the affair occurs to Maggie when she is on the terrace at Fawns in Book Fifth Chapter 1? What does Maggie realize she is most afraid of happening?
10. What does Maggie see on Fanny's face when Maggie speaks to her about the relationship between Charlotte and the Prince in Book Fourth Chapter 6?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)