|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5 of Book Third, what does Charlotte say she will tell her husband about how she spent her day?
(a) That she has been shopping.
(b) That she has been strolling alone in the park.
(c) That she has been with the Prince.
(d) That she has been with her mother.
2. Who does Maggie call to her room just before a dinner party in Book Fourth Chapter 8?
(a) The Prince.
(d) Mr. Verver.
3. In Chapter 9 of Book Third, the Prince mulls over the relationship between Mr. Blint and which woman?
(a) Mrs. Rance.
(c) Lady Castledean.
4. What is Charlotte described as being led by her husband by in Book Fifth Chapter 4?
(a) A red thread.
(b) A bejewelled necklace.
(c) An apron string.
(d) A silken rope.
5. What does Maggie decide to buy in Book Fourth Chapter 9?
(a) A pair of shoes for her son.
(b) A pearl necklace for Charlotte.
(c) A birthday gift for her father.
(d) An anniversary gift for the Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fanny say her opinion of Charlotte has changed in Book Third Chapter 10?
2. What does the Prince note while he is speaking to Fanny in Book Third Chapter 7?
3. Where does Maggie set the golden bowl so that her husband will see it?
4. In Book Fourth Chapter 4, when Maggie's father comes to visit her alone, what does she wonder about?
5. Why does Maggie think the Prince wants to stay near London in Book Sixth Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sense of accomplishment does Maggie feel after throwing a dinner party in Book Fourth Chapter 4?
2. What does Charlotte say may have made things different in her relationship with the Prince and her husband?
3. When Charlotte visits the Prince in Book Third Chapter 5, what do they discuss?
4. In Book Fourth Chapter 7, what do the Assinghams remind each other of? What does Fanny worry about being accused of if the truth about the Prince's and Charlotte's relationship comes out?
5. What does Maggie see on Fanny's face when Maggie speaks to her about the relationship between Charlotte and the Prince in Book Fourth Chapter 6?
6. What is the day that Charlotte and the Prince are able to spend together likened to in Book Third Chapter 9?
7. What does Fanny believe Maggie has discovered and must do in Book Third Chapter 11?
8. How does Mr. Verver describe himself, Charlotte, the Prince, and Maggie as a group while speaking to Maggie in the park?
9. What plan of Charlotte's does Maggie tell Fanny about in Book Sixth Chapter 1?
10. Why does Maggie suppose the Prince wants to stay near London In Book Sixth Chapter 1?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)