|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie think her father may want to do before leaving for America?
(a) Take her out to dinner alone.
(b) Take Charlotte on a shopping spree.
(c) Take his grandson to the zoo.
(d) Run some errands in town.
2. What is the Prince reminded of as he speaks to Charlotte in Chapter 9 of Book Third?
(a) His home in Italy.
(b) A baby rattle.
(c) The golden bowl.
(d) Maggie's locket.
3. Where does Fanny arrange to speak to the Prince in Book Third Chapter 7?
(a) In his study.
(b) On a couch.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) On the balcony.
4. What does Maggie suddenly think the others in her party want her to do in Book Fifth Chapter 2?
(a) Abandon her marriage.
(b) Have an emotional outburst.
(c) Reveal the truth to her father.
(d) Take the blame for the cause of the affair.
5. Where does Charlotte join the Prince in Chapter 9 of Book Third?
(a) On the veranda.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In the gazebo.
(d) In the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book Fourth Chapter 4, when Maggie's father comes to visit her alone, what does she wonder about?
2. Where do Charlotte and the Prince decide to go on a trip together in Chapter 9 of Book Third?
3. What does Fanny say she never wants to find out in chapter 10 of Book Third?
4. What idea does Maggie suggest the Prince should present to Mr. Verver?
5. What is the only thing the Prince can focus on as Charlotte and Mr. Verver leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Book Fifth, Chapter 1, why does Maggie think the Prince has recognized and accepted the change in her?
2. How does Fanny explain Charlotte's bahavior toward the Prince to her husband in Book Third Chapter 10? How does Fanny say she now feels about Charlotte?
3. What does Fanny believe Maggie has discovered and must do in Book Third Chapter 11?
4. What plan of Charlotte's does Maggie tell Fanny about in Book Sixth Chapter 1?
5. What sense of accomplishment does Maggie feel after throwing a dinner party in Book Fourth Chapter 4?
6. In Book Fourth Chapter 7, what do the Assinghams remind each other of? What does Fanny worry about being accused of if the truth about the Prince's and Charlotte's relationship comes out?
7. What does Maggie decide to buy while she is taking a walk in London in Book Fourth Chapter 9?
8. What does Maggie recall Fanny comparing the relationship of Maggie, the Prince, Mr. Verver, and Charlotte to?
9. What does Charlotte say may have made things different in her relationship with the Prince and her husband?
10. How does Mr. Verver describe himself, Charlotte, the Prince, and Maggie as a group while speaking to Maggie in the park?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)