|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maggie call to her room just before a dinner party in Book Fourth Chapter 8?
(b) The Prince.
(c) Mr. Verver.
2. What conclusion does Fanny come to in Book Third Chapter 10?
(a) That there is nothing going on between Charlotte and the Prince.
(b) That Charlotte and the Prince are having a love affair.
(c) That Mr. Verver is suspicious of the Prince and Charlotte.
(d) That Maggie knows about the Prince's past with Charlotte.
3. Why did the shop keeper come to Maggie's house as explained in Book Fourth Chapter 10?
(a) To tell Maggie about the bowl's flaw.
(b) To deliver the bowl.
(c) To deliver a catalogue to Maggie.
(d) To return Maggie's handbag which she had left at the shop.
4. What is the only thing the Prince can focus on as Charlotte and Mr. Verver leave?
(a) Charlotte waving.
(b) The image of the golden bowl.
(c) The guilt he feels inside.
5. Who is Charlotte supposed to travel home with after the party in Chapter 8 of Book Third?
(a) Mr. Verver.
(b) The Assinghams.
(c) Mrs. Rance.
(d) Lord Castledean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charlotte join the Prince in Chapter 9 of Book Third?
2. In Book Third Chapter 7, where does Fanny tell the Prince that Maggie and Mr. Verver have decided not to go?
3. In Chapter 5 of Book Third, what does Charlotte say she will tell her husband about how she spent her day?
4. Why do Charlotte and the Prince stay at the party longer than most other guests?
5. What does Charlotte ask Maggie to do in Book Fifth Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the day that Charlotte and the Prince are able to spend together likened to in Book Third Chapter 9?
2. Why does Maggie suppose the Prince wants to stay near London In Book Sixth Chapter 1?
3. What sense of accomplishment does Maggie feel after throwing a dinner party in Book Fourth Chapter 4?
4. At the end of the novel, what sacrifices does Maggie make in her quest to be alone with her husband?
5. How does Mr. Verver describe himself, Charlotte, the Prince, and Maggie as a group while speaking to Maggie in the park?
6. In Book Fourth Chapter 3, what does Maggie devise a plan for? What does this plan include.
7. In Book Third Chapter 8, why does Charlotte have no worries about Fanny revealing the truth about her affair with the Prince?
8. What does Maggie decide to buy while she is taking a walk in London in Book Fourth Chapter 9?
9. In Book Fifth, Chapter 5, how does Fanny explain the sullen behavior being exhibited by Charlotte to Maggie?
10. What does Fanny notice about the Prince's and the Ververs' households in Book Third Chapter 6?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)