|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attributes does the Prince claim he does not possess?
(a) Self-righteousness and vanity.
(b) Deceit and hypocrisy.
(c) Loyalty and honesty.
(d) Wit and class.
2. What does the Prince notice about Fanny while they talk in Book First Chapter 2?
(a) That Fanny is a very plain looking woman.
(b) That Fanny is bored.
(c) That Fanny is taller than he remembered.
(d) That Fanny is ill at ease.
3. How does Fanny travel home in Chapter 3 of Book Third?
(a) In a rowboat.
(b) On foot.
(c) On horseback.
(d) In a carriage.
4. What does Maggie tell her father about her feelings for Charlotte in Book Second Chapter 4?
(a) Maggie tells Mr.Verver she distrusts Charlotte.
(b) Maggie tells Mr.Verver she fears Charlotte.
(c) Maggie tells Mr.Verver she admires Charlotte.
(d) Maggie tells Mr.Verver she hates Charlotte.
5. According to the Prince, why does he want to marry Maggie?
(a) Maggie is the most delicate flower he has ever met.
(b) The Prince is trying to get out of a prior engagement.
(c) Maggie would make an excellent wife and mother.
(d) To use Maggie's father's money to make a new history for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Maggie not deny in Book Second Chapter 3?
2. What language do the Prince and Charlotte speak to each other in in Book First Chapter 6?
3. What does Charlotte do with the telegram from the Prince in Book Second Chapter 7?
4. What does Adam wonder while he watches his daughter with her husband in Book Second Chapter 2?
5. What relationship does Charlotte have with Maggie?
Short Essay Questions
1. After her conversation with the Prince at the party in Book Third Chapter 2, how does Fanny feel about him?
2. How does the group react when they return to the house to find Adam with Mrs. Rance?
3. What is Charlotte's response when Fanny asks her why neither she nor the Prince are with their spouses in Book Third Chapter 1?
4. What does Adam wonder when watching his daughter and her husband together?
5. What are the Prince and Maggie discussing at the beginning of the novel?
6. What do Charlotte and Mr.Verver do while in Brighton?
7. Why do Charlotte and the Prince decide against buying the golden bowl?
8. What does Bob suggest after listening to his wife's worries about the relationship between the Prince and Charlotte in Book Third Chapter 3?
9. How does Mr.Verver come to the realization that he should marry Charlotte?
10. What does the Prince feel lonely for in Book Second Chapter 3?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)