|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charlotte's last name?
2. What does the Prince compare himself to in Book Second Chapter 2?
(a) A horse.
(b) A sculpture.
(c) A crystal.
(d) A discarded love letter.
3. Why is Maggie's father collecting rare and special items?
(a) To leave to his native city.
(b) To give to his first love.
(c) To give to Maggie as a wedding gift.
(d) He is a compulsive shopper.
4. According to Maggie, what is the rarest and most valuable addition to the collection?
(a) The Prince.
(b) An antique 'genie' lamp.
(c) The Prince's sword.
(d) A very old stamp.
5. What language do the Prince and Charlotte speak to each other in in Book First Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fanny, what must she and her husband help Charlotte do?
2. How has Maggie learned about her future husband?
3. What relationship does Charlotte have with Maggie?
4. Where is the introductory chapter set?
5. What qualities does the Prince claim are to be admired in Book First Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the group react when they return to the house to find Adam with Mrs. Rance?
2. What are the Prince and Maggie discussing at the beginning of the novel?
3. According to Maggie, what has changed for her socially since her marriage to the Prince?
4. Why is Adam happy with the state of his life? What is the one thing that is lacking?
5. What reasons does Charlotte give for wanting to send a telegram to Maggie? How does Maggie respond to the news?
6. How is the Prince feeling emotionally in Book Second Chapter 3?
7. Why do the female guests at Fawns leave in Book Second Chapter 5?
8. What does the Prince think about during his carriage ride to Fanny's?
9. What are the Prince and Charlotte discussing when Fanny returns to the room in Book First Chapter 3?
10. Why do Charlotte and the Prince begin to speak Italian in the shop on Bloomsbury Street?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)