|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduced the Prince to Maggie?
(a) Maggie's father.
(c) The Prince's brother.
2. What is the golden bowl made out of?
3. What qualities does the Prince claim are to be admired in Book First Chapter 1?
(a) The goodness in Maggie and her father.
(b) The uniqueness of Maggie and her father.
(c) The adventurous nature of Maggie and her father.
(d) The religious devotion of Maggie and her father.
4. What does Charlotte insist that the Prince and Fanny arrange for her in Book First Chapter 3?
(a) A taxi to a hotel.
(b) A meeting with Maggie.
(c) A trip to the countryside.
(d) A marriage union.
5. What does Mr. Verver send Charlotte an invite for in Book Second Chapter 4?
(a) A theatrical show.
(b) A garden party.
(c) A visit to Fawns.
(d) A fireworks display.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Fanny's husband?
2. Why does the Prince intentionally stay at Fanny's in Book First Chapter 3?
3. How does the Prince respond when Maggie asks him where he would be without his family history?
4. What is the Prince sure of as of Book First Chapter 1?
5. What advice does Bob give Fanny in Book Third Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Charlotte and Mr.Verver do while in Brighton?
2. What does the reader learn about Adam's relationship with his wife?
3. How does the group react when they return to the house to find Adam with Mrs. Rance?
4. What does Fanny discuss with her husband in Book First Chapter 4?
5. What do the Prince and Fanny wonder about Charlotte and her visit to London?
6. What reasons does Charlotte give for wanting to send a telegram to Maggie? How does Maggie respond to the news?
7. What does the Prince feel lonely for in Book Second Chapter 3?
8. Why is Fanny feeling ill at ease in Book First Chapter 2?
9. Why is the Prince feeling fearful in Book First Chapter 2?
10. Why do Charlotte and the Prince begin to speak Italian in the shop on Bloomsbury Street?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)