|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince say when Maggie suggests he may be left alone with Charlotte?
(a) That he can't bear to be left with Charlotte.
(b) That he shouldn't be trusted.
(c) That Charlotte wouldn't allow for that to happen.
(d) That it is a good idea that Charlotte is moving away.
2. What plan of Charlotte's does Maggie feel is unjust?
(a) Charlotte's plan to spread gossip about Maggie.
(b) Charlotte's plan to discredit Fanny.
(c) Charlotte's plan to sacrifice her happiness to make up for her wrong doings.
(d) Charlotte's plan to separate Maggie from her father.
3. What can Maggie not help but appear to feel when she tries to talk to her husband about Charlotte in Book Fourth Chapter 4?
(a) Jealousy for Charlotte.
(b) Anger toward Charlotte.
(c) Affection for Charlotte.
(d) Distrust of Charlotte.
4. How does Maggie think the Prince looks when she goes to tell him about Charlotte's request?
5. Where is the group preparing to go in Book Fourth Chapter 7?
(b) The Fawns.
(d) Palazzo Nero.
6. What does Maggie ask the people the identifies as being helpful to her plan to do?
(a) Come to a party at her home.
(b) Send anonymous letters to Charlotte.
(c) Contact her husband with business proposals.
(d) Donate items to Mr. Verver's collection.
7. In Book Fourth Chapter 4, what does Maggie believe the Prince is purposely doing?
(a) Causing her pain.
(b) Causing her anxiety.
(c) Causing her alarm.
(d) Causing her heartbreak.
8. What does Charlotte send to Maggie in Book Sixth Chapter 2?
(a) A letter.
(b) A postcard.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A parcel.
9. Why does Maggie think the Prince wants to stay near London in Book Sixth Chapter 1?
(a) Because he knows Maggie wants to see her father off to America.
(b) The Prince hates to travel.
(c) In case Charlotte comes to see him one final time.
(d) His friends are there.
10. Where does Maggie decide to go in Book Fourth Chapter 9?
(a) To the attic.
(b) For a walk.
(c) Shopping for a dress.
(d) Into the garden.
11. What does Fanny fear being accused of if the truth about the Prince and Charlotte's former relationship comes out?
12. Where do Maggie and her father talk in Book Fourth Chapter 5?
(a) A park.
(b) On the veranda.
(c) In the sitting room.
(d) In the gazebo.
13. What does Charlotte imply will never happen between she and Mr. Verver?
(a) They will never move back to America.
(b) They will never be happy.
(c) They will never get divorced.
(d) They will never have children.
14. What does Maggie tell Fanny she has discovered in Book Fourth Chapter 9?
(a) That Mrs. Rance has been spreading gossip about Maggie and her husband.
(b) That Mr. Verver is nearly bankrupt.
(c) That Fanny has been concealing her ill health.
(d) That the Prince and Charlotte have known each other for a long time.
15. What is the only thing the Prince can focus on as Charlotte and Mr. Verver leave?
(b) The guilt he feels inside.
(c) The image of the golden bowl.
(d) Charlotte waving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie fear more than anything in Book Fourth Chapter 8?
2. In Book Sixth, Chapter 1, where does Maggie offer to go with the Prince?
3. By what mode of transportation do Charlotte and Mr. Verver depart at the end of the novel?
4. What does Charlotte ask Maggie to do in Book Fifth Chapter 2?
5. What does the Prince realize at the dinner party at Mr. Verver's house?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)