|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has changed as a result of Maggie's marriage to the Prince?
(a) The Prince's plans for returning to Rome.
(b) Mr.Verver's status quo.
(c) Fanny's standing in society.
(d) Mr. Verver's dislike of royalty.
2. Who is the author of "The Golden Bowl"?
(a) Thomas Hardy.
(b) Henry James.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) James Joyce.
3. What are Charlotte and the Prince discussing when Fanny returns to the room in Book First Chapter 3?
(a) Maggie's faults.
(b) Charlotte's options of marrying or staying single.
(c) Their love affair.
(d) Charlotte's desire to stay in London indefinitely.
4. What is Maggie ashamed about during her conversation with the Prince in Book First Chapter 1?
(a) How good the Prince's English is compared to her English.
(b) Her uneducated father.
(c) Her lack of fashion knowledge.
(d) An inappropriate comment she made about the French.
5. What does the Prince require Fanny to promise to do throughout his marriage?
(a) Give Maggie tips on how to be a good wife and mother.
(b) Keep in contact with him.
(c) Help guide him along the way.
(d) Only contact him when Maggie is out of town.
6. Who observes the party in Book Third Chapter 1 from a balcony?
(a) The Prince.
(c) Colonel Assingham.
(d) Mr. Verver.
7. What is the Prince insecure and unsure of in Book Second Chapter 3?
(a) Whether he is really his son's father.
(b) His bond with his wife and father-in-law.
(c) What change will be brought about if Adam marries.
(d) His financial situation.
8. How does Fanny travel home in Chapter 3 of Book Third?
(a) On horseback.
(b) In a rowboat.
(c) On foot.
(d) In a carriage.
9. What does Charlotte do with the telegram from the Prince in Book Second Chapter 7?
(a) She put it in the fire.
(b) She puts it in her pocket.
(c) She throws it in the garbage.
(d) She hides it in a book.
10. What does Fanny warn the Prince about in Chapter 2 of Book Third?
(a) Charlotte's jealousy.
(b) Not spending time with Maggie.
(c) Lying to Mr. Verver.
(d) Being seen with Charlotte.
11. On what street is the store with the golden bowl?
(a) Pemberley Street.
(b) Kent Street.
(c) Bloomsbury Street.
(d) New Haven Street.
12. What does Charlotte tell Mr. Verver that she dislikes in Book Second Chapter 6?
(a) Living in America.
(b) Eating alone.
(c) The English weather.
(d) Being single.
13. What incident do Maggie and her father finally talk about in Book Second Chapter 3?
(a) The incident between Mr. Verver and Mrs. Rance.
(b) The incident between Adam and the Prince.
(c) The incident involving the swindler who stole from Adam.
(d) The incident which led to Maggie's mother's death.
14. What advice does Bob give Fanny in Book Third Chapter 3?
(a) To end her friendships with the Prince, Maggie and Charlotte.
(b) To let the Prince and Charlotte sort out their relationship themselves.
(c) To keep an eye on Mr. Verver's moods.
(d) To tell Maggie about her suspicions.
15. Where do Mr. Verver and Charlotte spend several days together in Book Second Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the golden bowl made out of?
2. What is the name of Adam's summer home?
3. What does Charlotte ask the Prince to help her do at the end of Book First Chapter 3?
4. What does the Prince notice about Fanny while they talk in Book First Chapter 2?
5. What has Fanny done for the Prince in the past?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)