|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the introductory chapter set?
(a) New York.
2. How does the Prince respond when Maggie asks him where he would be without his family history?
(a) The Prince replies that he would be in a position with more money.
(b) The Prince replies that he would be lost.
(c) The Prince replies that he would be free.
(d) The Prince replies that he would be a very sad man.
3. What does Adam believe the ladies at his home are doing in Book Second Chapter 1?
(a) Plotting against him.
(b) Wasting their time.
(c) Vying for his attention.
(d) Trying to make friends with his daughter.
4. How has Maggie learned about her future husband?
(a) From the town gossips.
(b) From books about his family.
(c) From a newspaper article.
(d) From a family friend.
5. What language do the Prince and Charlotte speak to each other in in Book First Chapter 6?
6. Maggie believes that her father would like the Prince regardless of what?
(a) What his family background was.
(b) What language he spoke.
(c) Whether or not he loved Maggie.
(d) How much money he had.
7. What does Mr. Verver do following the exploration of Mr. Gutermann-Seuss's collection?
(a) He writes to Maggie to tell her about it.
(b) He asks Charlotte to marry him.
(c) He scraps his plans to open a museum.
(d) He buys part of the collection.
8. How does Adam feel as he plans his museum?
9. Who does Fanny voice her concerns to in Book First Chapter 4?
(b) Her husband.
(c) The Prince.
10. What do Charlotte and the Prince discuss as they shop in Book First Chapter 5?
(a) The weather.
(b) Maggie's positive qualities.
(d) Fanny's good nature.
11. According to the Prince, why does he want to marry Maggie?
(a) Maggie is the most delicate flower he has ever met.
(b) To use Maggie's father's money to make a new history for himself.
(c) Maggie would make an excellent wife and mother.
(d) The Prince is trying to get out of a prior engagement.
12. What is the Prince sure of as of Book First Chapter 1?
(a) His dinner choice.
(b) The distance from the shops to Fanny's house.
(c) His relationship with Fanny.
(d) His marriage to Maggie.
13. When Maggie and the Prince return to the house in Book Second Chapter 2, who do they find Adam with?
(b) Lady Castledean.
(c) Mrs. Rance.
14. What is Adam's last name?
15. How does Maggie view her father's outlook on life?
(a) As whimsical.
(b) As romantic.
(c) As realistic.
(d) As solemn.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Prince, with what intention has Charlotte come to London?
2. Why is Adam considering marriage as of Book Second Chapter 1?
3. What is the Prince insecure and unsure of in Book Second Chapter 3?
4. Where do Charlotte and the Prince go before starting their shopping?
5. When the group returns to the house in Book Second Chapter 2 what does Adam notice in their eyes?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)