|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince suggest should happen following his marriage to Maggie?
(a) Charlotte should not contact them again.
(b) Charlotte should move in with them.
(c) Charlotte and Maggie should start and run a club.
(d) Charlotte and Maggie should organize an overseas trip for the group.
2. What does Charlotte tell the Prince is her reason for returning to London in Book First Chapter 5?
(a) To reconnect with Maggie.
(b) To spend one hour with the Prince.
(c) To seek revenge.
(d) To visit family.
3. According to the Prince, why does he want to marry Maggie?
(a) To use Maggie's father's money to make a new history for himself.
(b) Maggie is the most delicate flower he has ever met.
(c) Maggie would make an excellent wife and mother.
(d) The Prince is trying to get out of a prior engagement.
4. What does Adam believe the ladies at his home are doing in Book Second Chapter 1?
(a) Wasting their time.
(b) Trying to make friends with his daughter.
(c) Plotting against him.
(d) Vying for his attention.
5. What does Charlotte insist that the Prince and Fanny arrange for her in Book First Chapter 3?
(a) A marriage union.
(b) A meeting with Maggie.
(c) A trip to the countryside.
(d) A taxi to a hotel.
6. What does Maggie encourage her father to consider in Book Second Chapter 4?
(a) Living in a hotel.
(c) Moving back to America.
(d) Giving her her inheritence.
7. How does Charlotte feel in Book Third Chapter 1?
8. Where do Charlotte and the Prince go before starting their shopping?
(a) To the zoo.
(b) They go to a park to sit.
(c) To a coffee shop.
(d) To a hotel.
9. Where is the introductory chapter set?
(d) New York.
10. According to Maggie, what is the rarest and most valuable addition to the collection?
(a) The Prince.
(b) A very old stamp.
(c) The Prince's sword.
(d) An antique 'genie' lamp.
11. Where will Charlotte be staying during her stay in London?
(a) Fanny's house.
(b) With Maggie.
(c) Her family's London flat.
(d) A hotel.
12. What does Mr. Verver send Charlotte an invite for in Book Second Chapter 4?
(a) A theatrical show.
(b) A garden party.
(c) A fireworks display.
(d) A visit to Fawns.
13. How does Adam feel as he plans his museum?
14. Where does Fanny feel like she has just returned from at the end of Chapter 3 of Book Third?
(a) A banquet.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A hospital.
15. What is Charlotte's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What attributes does the Prince claim he does not possess?
2. What does the Prince notice about Fanny while they talk in Book First Chapter 2?
3. Who does Charlotte want to notice that she is together with the Prince at the party?
4. What is the Prince sure of as of Book First Chapter 1?
5. Where do Mr. Verver and Charlotte spend several days together in Book Second Chapter 6?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)