|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume Two, Book Third, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Charlotte and the Prince discussing when Fanny returns to the room in Book First Chapter 3?
(a) Charlotte's desire to stay in London indefinitely.
(b) Their love affair.
(c) Charlotte's options of marrying or staying single.
(d) Maggie's faults.
2. What can Maggie not deny in Book Second Chapter 3?
(a) That women will try to capture her husband's attention.
(b) That her father is not capable of being faithful to one woman.
(c) That her husband is known to be unfaithful.
(d) That women will try to capture her father's attention.
3. Where does Fanny feel like she has just returned from at the end of Chapter 3 of Book Third?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A banquet.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A hospital.
4. What does Maggie depend on Fanny for as of Book Second Chapter 3?
(a) To distract the Prince when Maggie wants to visit friends.
(b) To explain Maggie's close relationship with her father.
(c) To warn Maggie when the Prince's eye begins to wander.
(d) To keep Maggie informed about her father's health.
5. What has changed as a result of Maggie's marriage to the Prince?
(a) Mr.Verver's status quo.
(b) Fanny's standing in society.
(c) Mr. Verver's dislike of royalty.
(d) The Prince's plans for returning to Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Charlotte say Maggie has not come to the party?
2. How does Adam feel as he plans his museum?
3. What does Adam assume would have happened if his wife had not passed away?
4. Who is Charlotte supposed to travel home with after the party in Chapter 8 of Book Third?
5. How do Charlotte and the Prince view themselves in their marital situations?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)