|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume Two, Book Third, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Verver send Charlotte an invite for in Book Second Chapter 4?
(a) A theatrical show.
(b) A fireworks display.
(c) A garden party.
(d) A visit to Fawns.
2. What does Adam assume would have happened if his wife had not passed away?
(a) She would have driven Maggie away.
(b) She would have led him away from his studies and collections.
(c) They would have travelled the world together.
(d) She would never have let Maggie marry the Prince.
3. What is Charlotte's last name?
4. Who observes the party in Book Third Chapter 1 from a balcony?
(a) Colonel Assingham.
(b) Mr. Verver.
(c) The Prince.
5. What does Adam believe the ladies at his home are doing in Book Second Chapter 1?
(a) Vying for his attention.
(b) Wasting their time.
(c) Plotting against him.
(d) Trying to make friends with his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What incident do Maggie and her father finally talk about in Book Second Chapter 3?
2. What is the Prince insecure and unsure of in Book Second Chapter 3?
3. What advice does Bob give Fanny in Book Third Chapter 3?
4. What does the Prince think about the party in Chapter 8 of Book Third?
5. According to the Prince, with what intention has Charlotte come to London?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)