|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, who is said to have bought the poison?
2. Whom does the Stepmother try to lay the blame on in Chapter 15?
3. What does Lucius have to be careful of in Chapter 16?
4. How does Charite know what really happened to her husband?
5. What do the priests wear on their heads?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the Councilor's house, with whom does the stepmother fall in love? How does the person react ?
2. In Chapter 16, where do the brothers who own Lucius work? Why does Lucius like this?
3. In Chapter 13, when the baker finds his wife cheating on him, what does he do? What does the wife do for revenge?
4. What does Tlepolemus do after the bandits pass out? What does he do before he leaves the cave?
5. Who tells Lucius about his third initiation? What does he have to do before he can complete his third initiation?
6. After Charite and Tlepolemus die, who inherits their estate? What does he decide to do?
7. Where is the ship dedication to take place? How is it when Lucius gets there?
8. When the brothers catch Lucius eating human food, what is their reaction? Whom do they show?
9. What does Lucius consider as his initiation into the religion? How many more initiations must he undertake?
10. Before Lucius is set to go out for his act, what does he do? Where does he go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The story of Cupid and Psyche is one of many stories told in the course of the novel. Write an essay about the meaning of the story behind Cupid and Psyche and why it is relevant in the novel. Be specific and use details.
Essay Topic 2
Since Lucius is the protagonist, the novel should also have an antagonist. In your opinion, who is the antagonist? Why? Write an essay to share your opinion. Be sure to use details in your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Greed is an important element in the novel. Write an essay on the role of greed in the novel. Be sure to use at least three examples in your argument. How does greed motivate the characters in the novel?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)