|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucius' life like in Chapter 14?
(a) Easy and fun.
(b) Tolerable, but poor.
(c) None of these.
(d) Hard and cruel.
2. How does Lucius get away from the accusations of killing the boy in Chapter 11?
(a) Running away.
(b) Spraying excrement.
(d) Acting crazy.
3. What does Thaysus think when he sees Lucius in Chapter 16?
(a) He begins to beat Lucius.
(b) He starts to cry.
(c) He thinks it is funny.
(d) He gets angry.
4. Why do the priests beat Lucius in Chapter 12?
(a) He drops the Goddess.
(b) He makes noise and exposes them.
(c) He kicks the head priest.
(d) He needs to be relieved of his sins.
5. Complete the following line from the end of the novel: "I set about joyfully executing my duties...not shading or hiding ________."
(a) My fear.
(b) My faith.
(c) My baldness.
(d) My emotions.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lucius' master is riding him home, with whom does he get into a scuffle?
2. While Lucius is working in Chapter 11, what animal attacks him and his master?
3. What is the true profession of Lucius' new owners in Chapter 12?
4. How does the Stepmother's plan go awry in Chapter 15?
5. Who buys Lucius from the baker?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who comes to the bandits' cave? To what position do the bandits elect him? In reality, who is he?
2. At the Councilor's house, with whom does the stepmother fall in love? How does the person react ?
3. After Charite and Tlepolemus die, who inherits their estate? What does he decide to do?
4. Whom does Lucius pray to in Chapter 17? What does she tell him?
5. What does Isis tell Lucius about epicurean gratification? How is happiness found?
6. How does Charite find out that Tlepolemus murdered her husband? How does she get revenge?
7. Where is the ship dedication to take place? How is it when Lucius gets there?
8. What is unusual about the priests that buy Lucius? How do they get money?
9. In Chapter 14, what does the farmer offer the gardener in return for his hospitality? What happens while he is there?
10. What is Lucius promised by Charite for his bravery and service? What happens instead?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)