|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Almicus valuable to the bandits?
(a) His wit and planning.
(b) His loyalty.
(c) His leadership.
(d) His thoughtless devotion to the bandits.
2. Who is the author of "The Golden Ass"?
3. What do Psyche's sisters convince Psyche about her husband on their second visit?
(a) Her husband is an ugly monster.
(b) Her husband is the devil.
(c) Her husband is not real.
(d) Her husband doesn't love her.
4. To whom does Psyche turn herself over in desperation after losing her husband?
5. What is strange about Psyche's husband?
(a) He is abusive.
(b) She never sees him.
(c) He is shorter than Psyche.
(d) He is her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the bandits eat for dinner in Chapter 5?
2. What does Byrrhena warn Lucius about?
3. What does Photis confess to Lucius after the trial?
4. What does Lucius eat for dinner in Chapter 6?
5. What is Lucius supposed to do with the item Photis gives him as she confesses to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Lucius decide about Pamphile? Whom does he decide to focus his attention on?
2. In Telyphron's story, what nationality is the man who speaks to the dead? Who is accused of killing the dead man?
3. How many sisters does Psyche have? For what are they all known?
4. When Psyche lights a lamp in her bedroom, what does she discover? What does she spill on her husband?
5. In Chapter 3, what job does Telyphron tell Lucius about? Why did Telyphron have this job?
6. In Aristomenes' story, where was he traveling? What was his trade?
7. While Aristomenes and Socrates are sleeping, who comes into their room? What happens to Socrates?
8. Why do the townspeople put on an elaborate hoax every year? Who sets Lucius up for their prank this year?
9. What kind of house does Byrrhaena's live in? What does Byrrhaena tell Lucius about Pamphile?
10. When Psyche's husband finally allows her sisters to visit, what is their reaction? What does Psyche's husband warn her about after her sisters' visit?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)