|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is strange about Psyche's husband?
(a) He is abusive.
(b) He is shorter than Psyche.
(c) He is her cousin.
(d) She never sees him.
2. What stops Lucius from eating a poisonous plant in Chapter 5?
(a) A man who is angry at Lucius.
(b) His thoughts of Fotis.
(c) Another barnyard animal.
(d) One of the bandits.
3. In what country is the story set?
4. In Chapter 4, what does Photis say kept her from running away?
5. What does Lucius expect he will see in Thessaly?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Lucius returns home from Byrrhaena's dinner party, who does he see at Milo's gate?
2. When Aristomenes is suspected of murdering Socrates by the innkeeper, what does he do?
3. What is the name of the traveler who does not believe Aristomenes' story in Book 1?
4. When Lucius rubs himself with the same material that Pamphile does, what happens to him?
5. Who tells the story of Psyche?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fotis say is the cure for Lucius' condition? What happens before Fotis is able to administer this cure?
2. In Aristomenes' story, where was he traveling? What was his trade?
3. In Telyphron's story, who takes Telyphrons nose and ears? With what do they replace them?
4. In Telyphron's story, what nationality is the man who speaks to the dead? Who is accused of killing the dead man?
5. While Aristomenes and Socrates are sleeping, who comes into their room? What happens to Socrates?
6. What does Lucius see that is poisonous? Why does he consider eating it?
7. In Chapter 2, who does Lucius meet in the market when he goes to buy fish? What does this person do with his fish?
8. Who wants revenge from Psyche? What is the plan to exact revenge?
9. In Chapter 2, what does Lucius decide about Pamphile? Whom does he decide to focus his attention on?
10. How does Captain Lamachus lose his arm? Why does he beg his fellow thieves to kill him?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)