|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the priest carrying during the ship dedication?
(a) A painting.
(b) A garland.
(c) A cross.
(d) A bouquet.
2. With whom does Lucius escape the bandits' cave?
(b) Another donkey.
(c) The old woman.
3. Why is Lucius hesitant to do what the priest tells him to do in Chapter 18?
(a) It will hurt him.
(b) He doesn't love Fotis.
(c) It will deny him of many pleasures in his life.
(d) It will hurt others.
4. What are the priests exposed for having during their feast?
(a) A naked young man.
(b) An image of the Goddess.
(c) A bunch of money they stole.
(d) A young woman.
5. What does the priest tell Lucius he must do?
(a) Dedicate himself to the goddess.
(b) Go back and marry Fotis.
(c) Tell everyone his story.
(d) Tell everyone he is sorry.
6. In Chapter 10, why are the bandits unhappy with Lucius?
(a) He is not a good worker.
(b) He bites them.
(c) He refuses to get up.
(d) He runs away.
7. Lucius considers his initiation into the religion as _____________.
(a) A revelation.
(b) Meeting his life's goal.
(c) A life accomplishment.
(d) A second birth.
8. In Chapter 14, what happens while Lucius' master is dining at his new friend's house?
(a) Soldiers come and take Lucius' master away.
(b) Soldiers come and take the farmer away.
(c) The farmer tries to kill Lucius' master.
(d) The farmer finds out his sons were killed.
9. Who accuses Lucius of killing the boy who was killed by the bear in Chapter 11?
(a) The boy's sister.
(b) The boy's mother.
(c) The boy's father.
(d) The boy's uncle.
10. What do the priests use Lucius to carry?
(a) Their food.
(b) The Goddess.
(d) A cross.
11. How does Lucius' master catch on to his behavior in Chapter 16?
(a) He doesn't eat his hay.
(b) He mopes around.
(c) He refuses to work.
(d) He kicks and brays constantly.
12. Where does Lucius go to fulfill Osiris' last request?
13. What details about the poison are revealed at the trail in Chapter 15?
(a) The poison has no real effect.
(b) The poison is not real.
(c) The poison only works on the guilty.
(d) The poison only puts the victim in a coma.
14. What does Lucius' master do in Chapter 16?
(a) He is a priest.
(b) He is a gardener.
(c) Is a wealthy landowner.
(d) Works in the kitchen.
15. Whom did the goddess also contact in the night in Chapter 18?
(d) The priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charite do in order to be alone with Thrasyllus?
2. Why do the priests beat Lucius in Chapter 12?
3. In Chapter 12, why is it hard to sell Lucius?
4. Who takes Lucius away at the end of Chapter 14?
5. Who buys Lucius from the priests?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)