|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, who is said to have bought the poison?
(a) The stepson.
(b) The husband.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The stepmother's slave.
2. In Chapter 14, what happens while Lucius' master is dining at his new friend's house?
(a) Soldiers come and take Lucius' master away.
(b) The farmer tries to kill Lucius' master.
(c) Soldiers come and take the farmer away.
(d) The farmer finds out his sons were killed.
3. What does the baker's wife use magic to do?
(a) Make her husband starve to death.
(b) Make her hsuband rich.
(c) Make her husband hang himself.
(d) Make her husband love her again.
4. In Chapter 14, who does Lucius' master invite into his house for dinner?
(a) A farmer.
(c) The priests.
(d) A soldier.
5. Who buys Lucius from the priests?
(b) A farmer.
(d) A baker.
6. Where is Lucius told he will be sent after he and Charite are rescued?
(a) Charite's house.
(b) A stud farm.
(c) Back to Milo's house.
(d) Back to the bandits' cave.
7. What does the priest tell Lucius he must do?
(a) Tell everyone he is sorry.
(b) Dedicate himself to the goddess.
(c) Tell everyone his story.
(d) Go back and marry Fotis.
8. When Lucius' master is riding him home, with whom does he get into a scuffle?
(a) A general.
(b) A Roman centurion.
(c) A goddess.
(d) A priest.
9. In what kind of act does Thaysus plan to engage Lucius?
(b) An act of vengeance.
(c) A circus act.
(d) A play.
10. With whom does Lucius escape the bandits' cave?
(b) Another donkey.
(c) The old woman.
11. What does Lucius' master's friend do for a living?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is a blacksmith.
(c) He is a shopkeeper.
(d) He is a priest.
12. In Chapter 12, why is it hard to sell Lucius?
(a) He is old and worn down.
(b) He keeps braying.
(c) He keeps hurting people.
(d) He is dangerous.
13. What does Lucius do to expose the bakers' wife's'lover?
(a) Crushes his fingers.
(b) Brays until they find him.
(c) Kicks him.
(d) Bites him.
14. Isis tells Lucius the only way to happiness is ______________.
(a) Through serving the gods.
(b) Through being true to yourself.
(c) Through the priesthood.
(d) Through telling the truth.
15. In Chapter 10, why are the bandits unhappy with Lucius?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He is not a good worker.
(c) He refuses to get up.
(d) He bites them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, who speaks out at the trial and reveals the true culprit?
2. Why is Lucius' master afraid after the scuffle in Chapter 14?
3. Who tries to stop Lucius when he runs away?
4. What do the priests use Lucius to carry?
5. In his dream, what is Lucius told not to fear?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)