|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a noblewoman pay Thaysus for in Chapter 16?
(a) To purchase Lucius.
(b) To spend a few nights with Lucius.
(c) To watch Lucius do tricks.
(d) To hear Lucius speak.
2. In Chapter 16, who is Lucius given to?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A gardener.
(d) A pair of brothers.
3. In his dream, what is Lucius told not to fear?
(a) The consequences of his actions.
(b) The priests.
(c) The roses.
(d) Fotis' love.
4. In Chapter 10, why are the bandits unhappy with Lucius?
(a) He refuses to get up.
(b) He bites them.
(c) He is not a good worker.
(d) He runs away.
5. What does Lucius have to be careful of in Chapter 16?
(a) People realize he is human.
(b) People hurting him.
(c) People only suspect that he is a donkey.
(d) People recognizing him.
6. How does Lucius feel about his new religion at the end of the novel?
(a) He thinks it is the right way, but he wants to make sure.
(b) He is skeptical.
(c) He wholeheartedly believes.
(d) He misses being a donkey.
7. What does Lucius do to his hair in Chapter 19?
(a) Lets it grow long.
(b) Braids it.
(c) Dyes it black.
(d) Shaves his head.
8. What are the priests exposed for having during their feast?
(a) A naked young man.
(b) An image of the Goddess.
(c) A young woman.
(d) A bunch of money they stole.
9. What are Tlepolemus and Thrasyllus hunting when Tlepolemus dies?
10. In Chapter 15, who is said to have bought the poison?
(a) The stepmother's slave.
(b) The stepson.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The husband.
11. Where does Lucius' master go to hide in Chapter 14?
(a) Back to his house.
(b) The next city.
(c) The countryside.
(d) His friend's house.
12. What does Lucius' master do in Chapter 16?
(a) He is a gardener.
(b) Works in the kitchen.
(c) He is a priest.
(d) Is a wealthy landowner.
13. Where does Lucius go to fulfill Osiris' last request?
14. What does the priest tell Lucius he must do?
(a) Tell everyone his story.
(b) Dedicate himself to the goddess.
(c) Go back and marry Fotis.
(d) Tell everyone he is sorry.
15. Whom did the goddess also contact in the night in Chapter 18?
(c) The priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lucius' master afraid after the scuffle in Chapter 14?
2. In his dream in Chapter 17, Lucius is told to follow_______________.
3. How does Lucius get away from the accusations of killing the boy in Chapter 11?
4. Lucius considers his initiation into the religion as _____________.
5. What is Lucius' life like in Chapter 14?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)