|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what happens as Fotis gets ready to administer the cure for Lucius' condition?
(a) Pamphile comes back.
(b) Bandits break into the house.
(c) Lucius runs away.
(d) Milo finds them.
2. What do Psyche's sisters convince Psyche about her husband on their second visit?
(a) Her husband is the devil.
(b) Her husband is an ugly monster.
(c) Her husband is not real.
(d) Her husband doesn't love her.
3. What does Photis confess to Lucius after the trial?
(a) She set him up.
(b) She doesn't really love him.
(c) She testified against him.
(d) She knew the men he killed.
4. Despite her beauty, Psyche has trouble with___________.
(a) Keeping her husband's attention.
(b) Praying to Venus.
(c) Finding a husband.
(d) Staying in school.
5. What is Lucius' reaction at the end of his trial?
(a) He is crying and angry.
(b) He is screaming and furious.
(c) He is laughing and happy.
(d) He is silent.
6. What is Aristomenes' trade?
(b) Precious metals.
(c) Fur trade.
(d) Cheese and honey.
7. While Aristomenes is on the floor underneath his bed, what does he do?
(a) Holds his breath.
(b) Begins to laugh.
(c) Begins to scream.
(d) Starts to cry.
8. In Chapter 4, what does Photis say kept her from running away?
9. How does Thrasyleon die?
(a) He is killed by the old woman.
(b) He falls off a cliff.
(c) People are afraid of him and kill him.
(d) He kills himself.
10. What language does the author say he learned late in life?
11. During his trial, what does Lucius find out about the dead bodies?
(a) They are inflated wineskins.
(b) They are his neighbors.
(c) They are his brothers.
(d) They are deadly criminals.
12. What does Lucius do after the confrontation at Milo's gate?
(a) Goes back to Byrrhaena's house.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Wakes up Milo.
(d) Passes out.
13. What does Psyche discover when she carries a lamp into her and her husband's room one night?
(a) Her husband is not real.
(b) Her husband is Cupid.
(c) Her husband is a monster.
(d) Her husband is the devil.
14. As Byrrhaena's dinner, what does Lucius talk about?
15. What relationship does Lucius have to Byrrhena?
(a) She is his real mother.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his godmother.
(d) She nursed him as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucius eat for dinner in Chapter 6?
2. What does Byrrhena warn Lucius about?
3. What does Lucius learn about Pamphile from Byrrhena?
4. When Lucius rubs himself with the same material that Pamphile does, what happens to him?
5. What is Lucius supposed to do with the item Photis gives him as she confesses to him?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)