|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aristomenes soaked with while he is at the inn?
2. What is Psyche and her sisters known for?
(a) They are witches.
(b) Their talent.
(c) Their beauty.
(d) Their brains.
3. Who tells the story of Psyche?
(a) The old woman in the cave.
(c) The young woman in the cave.
4. What does Lucius expect he will see in Thessaly?
5. What plant does Lucius find which is poisonous, but which he still considers eating?
(a) Rose peonies.
(b) Rose Thorns.
(c) Rose violets.
(d) Rose Laurels.
6. In Thelyphron's story, what does he see during his watch over the dead body?
(a) A witch.
(b) A weasel.
(c) An owl.
7. In what country is the story set?
8. Who does Psyche's husband appeal to when he finds Psyche and wants to be reunited with her?
9. In Chapter 5, when Pamphile performs her spell, she turns into ___________.
(a) An owl.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A swan.
(d) A dove.
10. What do Photis and Lucius drink on the first night they spend together?
(c) Pomegranate juice.
11. When Lucius returns to Milo's house after meeting Byrrhena, what is Photis cooking?
12. What does the magistrate tell Lucius about his future after the trial?
(a) Lucius is the funniest person he knows.
(b) Lucius will go to heaven.
(c) Lucius will never cry again.
(d) The god will look out for Lucius.
13. What was Cupid originally sent to do to Psyche?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Talk to her and make her understand the error of her ways.
(d) Make her fall in love with an ugly old man.
14. With what is Socrates' wound covered?
(a) His tunic.
(b) A sponge.
(c) His bedcovers.
(d) A cloth.
15. What is the name of Socrates' lover's sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. During his trial, what does Lucius find out about the dead bodies?
2. What does Lucius learn about Pamphile from Byrrhena?
3. What is the name of Psyche's child?
4. What does Photis give Lucius while she confesses to him after his trial?
5. Where is the main character traveling in Book 1?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)