|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Socrates drinks from the stream, what happens to him?
(a) He has a heart attack.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He bleeds and dies.
(d) He turns into a fish.
2. The night after Lucius kisses Photis in the kitchen, what does Photis wear on her head while they make love?
(a) A veil.
(b) A hat.
(c) A wreath of roses.
(d) A wreath of sage.
3. How does Thrasyleon die?
(a) He is killed by the old woman.
(b) People are afraid of him and kill him.
(c) He falls off a cliff.
(d) He kills himself.
4. What language does the author say he learned late in life?
5. What goddess is neglected by Psyche's village?
6. What is the name of the traveler who does not believe Aristomenes' story in Book 1?
(b) It does not say.
7. What does Socrates' lover do to him while he sleeps?
(a) Stabs him in the heart.
(b) Steals him away.
(c) Slits his throat.
(d) Shoots him.
8. In Chapter 4, what does Pamphile want Photis to gather for her?
9. Socrates says the woman he was living with was_____________.
(a) A witch.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) A chef.
(d) An angel.
10. As Lucius returns home from Byrrhaena's dinner party, who does he see at Milo's gate?
11. What relationship does Lucius have to Byrrhena?
(a) She is his real mother.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his godmother.
(d) She nursed him as a child.
12. What stops Lucius from eating a poisonous plant in Chapter 5?
(a) His thoughts of Fotis.
(b) One of the bandits.
(c) A man who is angry at Lucius.
(d) Another barnyard animal.
13. With what woman does Socrates say he was living?
14. In Chapter 3, what does Photis tell Lucius about Milo's house?
(a) There is the devil in the attic.
(b) There is an angel in the basement.
(c) There are devious goings-on.
(d) Pamphile is really an angel.
15. During his trial, what does Lucius find out about the dead bodies?
(a) They are his brothers.
(b) They are inflated wineskins.
(c) They are deadly criminals.
(d) They are his neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aristomenes take Socrates as soon as he finds him?
2. Why does Thelyphron wear his hair long?
3. In Chapter 4, Photis tells Lucius that Pamphile is in love with _____________.
4. How many sisters does Psyche have?
5. What is the name of Socrates' lover's sister?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)