|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucius expect he will see in Thessaly?
2. What is the name of Socrates' lover's sister?
3. How many sisters does Psyche have?
4. What does Socrates' lover do to him while he sleeps?
(a) Stabs him in the heart.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Steals him away.
(d) Slits his throat.
5. What does Photis give Lucius while she confesses to him after his trial?
(a) A gun.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A fan.
(d) A strap.
6. Why is Psyche's husband apprehensive about letting Psyche's sisters visit?
(a) He is worried they will ruin their marriage.
(b) He is worried he will fall in love with one of them.
(c) He is worried they will fall in love with him.
(d) He thinks they are beneath him.
7. What is Lucius' reaction at the end of his trial?
(a) He is screaming and furious.
(b) He is laughing and happy.
(c) He is crying and angry.
(d) He is silent.
8. While Aristomenes is on the floor underneath his bed, what does he do?
(a) Holds his breath.
(b) Begins to scream.
(c) Starts to cry.
(d) Begins to laugh.
9. When Socrates drinks from the stream, what happens to him?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He has a heart attack.
(c) He bleeds and dies.
(d) He turns into a fish.
10. What does Lucius eat for dinner in Chapter 6?
11. What does Lucius do after the confrontation at Milo's gate?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Wakes up Milo.
(c) Goes back to Byrrhaena's house.
(d) Passes out.
12. Who is the first to testify against Lucius in court?
(c) The night watchman.
13. In Chapter 3, what does Photis tell Lucius about Milo's house?
(a) Pamphile is really an angel.
(b) There is the devil in the attic.
(c) There are devious goings-on.
(d) There is an angel in the basement.
14. In Thelyphron's story, who is accused of killing the man to be buried?
(a) His wife.
(c) The Egyptian.
(d) His uncle.
15. What is Aristomenes' trade?
(a) Cheese and honey.
(b) Precious metals.
(c) Fur trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Socrates says the woman he was living with was_____________.
2. Where is the main character traveling in Book 1?
3. Complete this sentence from Chapter 3. "This increased, nay doubled my misery: I was not even to be allowed _______."
4. What does the old woman do while Almicus is robbing her?
5. What does the court use as a timer in Chapter 3?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)