|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9: Cupid and Psyche.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Photis tells Lucius that Pamphile is in love with _____________.
(b) Another woman.
(d) A young Boetian.
2. Socrates says the woman he was living with was_____________.
(a) A philosopher.
(b) A chef.
(c) An angel.
(d) A witch.
3. At Byrrhaena's dinner party, Byrrhaena says the next day is _______________.
(b) A day of rest.
(c) The festival of the gods.
(d) The festival of laughter.
4. What does Fotis say the cure is for Lucius' condition?
(a) Finding the fountain of wisdom.
(b) Finding his true love.
(c) Only Pamphile can cure him.
(d) Eating roses.
5. What does Psyche discover when she carries a lamp into her and her husband's room one night?
(a) Her husband is Cupid.
(b) Her husband is a monster.
(c) Her husband is not real.
(d) Her husband is the devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Lucius' trial, what do the two women who run out of the crowd carry with them?
2. Where does Psyche wake up after she weeps on the mountain top?
3. What is Aristomenes' trade?
4. In Chapter 4, what does Photis say she gathers in order to appease Pampile?
5. As Lucius returns home from Byrrhaena's dinner party, who does he see at Milo's gate?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)