|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: The Story of Thelyphron and Chapter 4: The Festival of Laughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color waistband is Photis wearing when Lucius watches her work in the kitchen?
(c) Bright red.
2. Where does Aristomenes take Socrates as soon as he finds him?
(a) To the baths.
(b) To church.
(c) To his house.
(d) To the doctor.
3. What does Photis confess to Lucius after the trial?
(a) She testified against him.
(b) She set him up.
(c) She doesn't really love him.
(d) She knew the men he killed.
4. From where does Byrrhena say she descended?
5. At Byrrhaena's dinner party, Byrrhaena says the next day is _______________.
(a) The festival of laughter.
(b) A day of rest.
(d) The festival of the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thelyphron wear his hair long?
2. Complete the following sentence from the prologue: "Give me your ear, reader: ______."
3. In what country is the story set?
4. What does the magistrate tell Lucius about his future after the trial?
5. When Socrates drinks from the stream, what happens to him?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)