Preface and Chapter 1: The Story of Aristomenes
1. Who is the author of "The Golden Ass"?
2. In what country is the story set?
3. What language does the author say he learned late in life?
4. Complete the following sentence from the prologue: "Give me your ear, reader: ______."
(a) This will take some time.
(b) This is worth hearing.
(c) You will enjoy yourself.
(d) I promise to entertain you.
5. Where is the main character traveling in Book 1?
6. What is the name of the traveler who does not believe Aristomenes' story in Book 1?
(b) It does not say.
7. What is Aristomenes' trade?
(a) Precious metals.
(c) Cheese and honey.
(d) Fur trade.
8. What relationship does Aristomenes have with Socrates?
(a) Socrates is his uncle.
(b) Socrates is his teacher.
(c) They are friends.
(d) Socrates is his godfather.
9. Where does Aristomenes take Socrates as soon as he finds him?
(a) To the baths.
(b) To church.
(c) To the doctor.
(d) To his house.
This section contains 4,030 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)