|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John decide to stop talking to people while he stays at the Plaza Hotel?
2. In Chapter 35, why is Ferragamo after John?
3. Why does Bellarosa give the priests a large check?
4. How much money does Bellarosa bet John in Chapter 26 about the day of his arrest?
5. In Chapter 27, how does John react when Ferragamo calls Bellarosa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bellarosa is arrested?
2. How does Ferragamo try to ruin John's plans the day Bellarosa is arrested?
3. What happens when Ferragamo offers Bellarosa a deal in his case?
4. What does John consider doing with his life after Susan kills Bellarosa?
5. How do John and Melzer come to an agreement on John's IRS bill?
6. In Chapter 22, what directions does Bellarosa give John in regard to his upcoming arrest?
7. In Chapter 29, what happens when Bellarosa watches the news?
8. In Chapter 30, what happens when Bellarosa and John go to the church?
9. What happens at Giulio's in Chapter 34?
10. In Chapter 33, what happens when John visits the yacht club?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use foreshadowing in this novel? Explore at least three examples and dissect them their their effectiveness.
Essay Topic 2
Is the ending of this novel effective in resolving the conflicts presented?
Essay Topic 3
Explore change as a theme in this novel. What message about change does this novel deliver?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)