|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bellarosa meets with people in the restaurant in Chapter 28, what does John assume is happening?
2. What does Bellarosa tell John the first time he acknowledges John's belief of an affair with Susan?
3. Where does John first meet Jenny Alvarez?
4. What does Susan ask John at Giulio's after the ambulance leaves?
5. Where do Bellarosa and John go after John gets bail for Bellarosa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do John and Bellarosa talk about when Bellarosa is released from the hospital?
2. What does Bellarosa do when he sees John with Jenny at their hotel?
3. What does Bellarosa tell John about his plan to cooperate with the government?
4. How does John feel when he is in court the day Bellarosa is arrested?
5. In Chapter 22, what does John tell Bellarosa about as they walk around Fox Point?
6. In Chapter 33, what happens when John visits the yacht club?
7. Why does John become upset about Bellarosa's fifty dollar bet on the day of his arrest?
8. What does John consider doing with his life after Susan kills Bellarosa?
9. How do John and Melzer come to an agreement on John's IRS bill?
10. In Chapter 23, what do John and Mancuso talk about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does word choice affect the reader's opinion in this novel? How does the author use word choice to develop the characters, themes and plot of "The Gold Coast"?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the development of John Sutter throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Explore success as a theme in this novel. What is the author's commentary on success?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)