|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bellarosa say the murder charge has done to his assets?
2. What does Bellarosa do at the end of Chapter 32?
3. In Chapter 26, what does Bellarosa predict Ferragamo will try to do to him?
4. While staying at the Plaza hotel, what does John realize about his involvement with Bellarosa?
5. Why does Bellarosa say he can no longer pay his bills in Chapter 36?
Essay Topic 1
What genre is "The Gold Coast"? Use specific details from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the setting of the Gold Coast for this novel. Consider the way the setting impacts the characters and acts as a character itself.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Bellarosa's role in the novel. How does he drive the plot? How does he affect the other characters? What makes him central to this novel?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)