|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John tell Susan when they return home from Giulio's in Chapter 34?
2. At the end of Chapter 24, what does John do?
3. In Chapter 35, why is Ferragamo after John?
4. What does Bellarosa say he will keep full of bail funds until his arrest?
5. What does Bellarosa do at the end of Chapter 32?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do John and Bellarosa talk about when Bellarosa is released from the hospital?
2. What does John do when he finally returns home from staying at the Plaza Hotel?
3. What happens when Ferragamo offers Bellarosa a deal in his case?
4. How does John convince the judge to let Bellarosa post bail?
5. What does John consider doing with his life after Susan kills Bellarosa?
6. Why does John become upset about Bellarosa's fifty dollar bet on the day of his arrest?
7. How does John feel about staying at the Plaza Hotel?
8. Why does John sink his own boat?
9. What does Bellarosa do while staying at the Plaza Hotel?
10. In Chapter 33, what happens when John visits the yacht club?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore change as a theme in this novel. What message about change does this novel deliver?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's use of dialogue in this novel to explore the characters instead of using lengthy descriptions. Is this technique effective?
Essay Topic 3
How is self-betrayal a theme in this novel?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)