|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Stanhopes discuss the sale of their property to Bellarosa with John?
2. Why does Bellarosa tell John he will be going to Italy?
3. What does John think of the price he sells the summer house for?
4. After coming home at the end of Chapter 24, what does John threaten to do?
5. In Chapter 30, where do Bellarosa and John drive around?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what does John tell Bellarosa about as they walk around Fox Point?
2. Why does John become upset about Bellarosa's fifty dollar bet on the day of his arrest?
3. What favor does John ask of Bellarosa in Chapter 36?
4. What do John and Bellarosa do after Bellarosa posts bail?
5. What do John and Bellarosa talk about when Bellarosa is released from the hospital?
6. What does Bellarosa do while staying at the Plaza Hotel?
7. How does Ferragamo try to ruin John's plans the day Bellarosa is arrested?
8. What does John do when he finally returns home from staying at the Plaza Hotel?
9. How does John feel when he is in court the day Bellarosa is arrested?
10. In Chapter 30, how does John's dream affect him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is self-betrayal a theme in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's use of dialogue in this novel to explore the characters instead of using lengthy descriptions. Is this technique effective?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Susan to Anna.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)