|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Bellarosa and John go after John gets bail for Bellarosa?
2. In Chapter 25, what does Melzer tell John about his IRS audit?
3. Why does Ferragamo say he keeps postponing the Bellarosa trial?
4. Why does Bellarosa tell John he will be going to Italy?
5. Why does Bellarosa say he can no longer pay his bills in Chapter 36?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 23, what do John and Mancuso talk about?
2. How does John feel when he is in court the day Bellarosa is arrested?
3. What favor does John ask of Bellarosa in Chapter 36?
4. How do John and Melzer come to an agreement on John's IRS bill?
5. Why does Susan say she killed Bellarosa?
6. In Chapter 22, what does John tell Bellarosa about as they walk around Fox Point?
7. Why does John become upset about Bellarosa's fifty dollar bet on the day of his arrest?
8. In Chapter 30, what happens when Bellarosa and John go to the church?
9. In Chapter 30, how does John's dream affect him?
10. What happens when Bellarosa is arrested?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the development of John Sutter throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Explore success as a theme in this novel. What is the author's commentary on success?
Essay Topic 3
Explore change as a theme in this novel. What message about change does this novel deliver?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)