|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Stanhopes discuss the sale of their property to Bellarosa with John?
2. In Chapter 23, what story does Mancuso tell John about Bellarosa?
3. When Frank tells John that Edward told him they may sell the summerhouse, how does John react?
4. Where do Bellarosa and John go after John gets bail for Bellarosa?
5. Why are Bellarosa's men angry when the FBI arrests him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what directions does Bellarosa give John in regard to his upcoming arrest?
2. What does William Stanhope do with Stanhope Hall?
3. In Chapter 22, what does John tell Bellarosa about as they walk around Fox Point?
4. What does Bellarosa do when he sees John with Jenny at their hotel?
5. Why does John sink his own boat?
6. How does John feel when he is in court the day Bellarosa is arrested?
7. What does John consider doing with his life after Susan kills Bellarosa?
8. What favor does John ask of Bellarosa in Chapter 36?
9. What does John do when he finally returns home from staying at the Plaza Hotel?
10. In Chapter 33, what happens when John visits the yacht club?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast what motivates at least three characters in this novel. What do these motives say about each character and the themes in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast two of the lawyers presented in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use suspense in this novel? Is this effective?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)