|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John invite Jenny to his hotel room for a drink?
2. What is Fox Point?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 37, where does Susan say she is going?
4. What does Jack Weinstein explain to John at the Plaza Hotel?
5. Where does John tell Bellarosa he knows about the IRS set up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ferragamo try to ruin John's plans the day Bellarosa is arrested?
2. What happens when John meets Jenny Alvarez?
3. In Chapter 33, what happens when John visits the yacht club?
4. Why does Susan say she killed Bellarosa?
5. What does Bellarosa do while staying at the Plaza Hotel?
6. In Chapter 30, how does John's dream affect him?
7. What does Bellarosa tell John about his plan to cooperate with the government?
8. In Chapter 23, what do John and Mancuso talk about?
9. How does John convince the judge to let Bellarosa post bail?
10. What does John do when he finally returns home from staying at the Plaza Hotel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Susan to Anna.
Essay Topic 2
How does word choice affect the reader's opinion in this novel? How does the author use word choice to develop the characters, themes and plot of "The Gold Coast"?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Bellarosa's role in the novel. How does he drive the plot? How does he affect the other characters? What makes him central to this novel?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)