|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what does Bellarosa predict Ferragamo will try to do to him?
2. What time does Bellarosa tell John to be at his house every week until his arrest?
3. How does Susan act when John sees her at Bellarosa's with his body?
4. Why does Ferragamo say he keeps postponing the Bellarosa trial?
5. How many of Bellarosa's men go with John after Bellarosa is arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John feel about staying at the Plaza Hotel?
2. What does John do when he finally returns home from staying at the Plaza Hotel?
3. Why does John sink his own boat?
4. Why does John become upset about Bellarosa's fifty dollar bet on the day of his arrest?
5. What does Bellarosa tell John about his plan to cooperate with the government?
6. What happens at Giulio's in Chapter 34?
7. How do John and Melzer come to an agreement on John's IRS bill?
8. In Chapter 29, what happens when Bellarosa watches the news?
9. What happens when Bellarosa is arrested?
10. What happens when Ferragamo offers Bellarosa a deal in his case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is the ending of this novel effective in resolving the conflicts presented?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use suspense in this novel? Is this effective?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Susan to Anna.
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)