|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John do to his boat in Chapter 33?
2. In Chapter 26, what does Bellarosa predict Ferragamo will try to do to him?
3. In Chapter 35, why does John encourage Bellarosa to work with the government?
4. In Chapter 33, what happens to John's boat?
5. While staying at the Plaza hotel, what does John realize about his involvement with Bellarosa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does William Stanhope do with Stanhope Hall?
2. What happens when Ferragamo offers Bellarosa a deal in his case?
3. Why does John become upset about Bellarosa's fifty dollar bet on the day of his arrest?
4. How does John feel about staying at the Plaza Hotel?
5. In Chapter 23, what do John and Mancuso talk about?
6. In Chapter 22, what directions does Bellarosa give John in regard to his upcoming arrest?
7. In Chapter 33, what happens when John visits the yacht club?
8. What does Bellarosa do while staying at the Plaza Hotel?
9. How do John and Melzer come to an agreement on John's IRS bill?
10. In Chapter 30, what happens when Bellarosa and John go to the church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Bellarosa's role in the novel. How does he drive the plot? How does he affect the other characters? What makes him central to this novel?
Essay Topic 2
What genre is "The Gold Coast"? Use specific details from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast residents of the Gold Coast to members of the mafia. Why does the author provide such a strong divide?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)