|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 32, what does Ferragamo offer Bellarosa a deal for?
2. What upsets John about the loss of his boat?
3. What do John and Jenny talk about in John's hotel room?
4. What is the first thing John does when he returns home in Chapter 33?
5. While staying at the Plaza Hotel, what does John discover in his suitcase?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John do when he finally returns home from staying at the Plaza Hotel?
2. How do John and Melzer come to an agreement on John's IRS bill?
3. In Chapter 30, what happens when Bellarosa and John go to the church?
4. What happens when Ferragamo offers Bellarosa a deal in his case?
5. Why does John become upset about Bellarosa's fifty dollar bet on the day of his arrest?
6. How does John feel about staying at the Plaza Hotel?
7. How does John convince the judge to let Bellarosa post bail?
8. What happens at George Allard's funeral?
9. What does Bellarosa do while staying at the Plaza Hotel?
10. What do John and Bellarosa do after Bellarosa posts bail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does word choice affect the reader's opinion in this novel? How does the author use word choice to develop the characters, themes and plot of "The Gold Coast"?
Essay Topic 2
What genre is "The Gold Coast"? Use specific details from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the development of John Sutter throughout the novel.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)