|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What upsets John about the loss of his boat?
2. Why does Bellarosa agree to tell Susan that their affair is over?
3. In Chapter 32, what does Ferragamo offer Bellarosa a deal for?
4. When Bellarosa meets with people in the restaurant in Chapter 28, what does John assume is happening?
5. In Chapter 23, what story does Mancuso tell John about Bellarosa?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 30, how does John's dream affect him?
2. What does John do when he finally returns home from staying at the Plaza Hotel?
3. In Chapter 30, what happens when Bellarosa and John go to the church?
4. How does John feel about staying at the Plaza Hotel?
5. What happens at George Allard's funeral?
6. In Chapter 29, what happens when Bellarosa watches the news?
7. How does John feel when he is in court the day Bellarosa is arrested?
8. In Chapter 23, what do John and Mancuso talk about?
9. Why does John become upset about Bellarosa's fifty dollar bet on the day of his arrest?
10. What happens when John meets Jenny Alvarez?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use irony in this novel? Is this effective?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast residents of the Gold Coast to members of the mafia. Why does the author provide such a strong divide?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Susan to Anna.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)