|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John do when Melzer calls him with an IRS settlement offer?
2. Why does Bellarosa decide to stay at the Plaza Hotel?
3. Why does Bellarosa say he can no longer pay his bills in Chapter 36?
4. What does John do when Bellarosa says he owes him in Chapter 35?
5. In Chapter 30, what dream does John have about his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 23, what do John and Mancuso talk about?
2. What does William Stanhope do with Stanhope Hall?
3. What do John and Bellarosa do after Bellarosa posts bail?
4. How does John feel when he is in court the day Bellarosa is arrested?
5. How do John and Melzer come to an agreement on John's IRS bill?
6. How does John convince the judge to let Bellarosa post bail?
7. How does John feel about staying at the Plaza Hotel?
8. What does John do when he finally returns home from staying at the Plaza Hotel?
9. What happens when Ferragamo offers Bellarosa a deal in his case?
10. What do John and Bellarosa talk about when Bellarosa is released from the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Susan to Anna.
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use irony in this novel? Is this effective?
Essay Topic 3
Is the ending of this novel effective in resolving the conflicts presented?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)