|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Bellarosa tell John to be at his house every week until his arrest?
2. While staying at the Plaza hotel, what does John realize about his involvement with Bellarosa?
3. At the end of Chapter 24, what does John do?
4. What does Jack Weinstein explain to John at the Plaza Hotel?
5. In Chapter 35, why is Ferragamo after John?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ferragamo try to ruin John's plans the day Bellarosa is arrested?
2. What does John do when he finally returns home from staying at the Plaza Hotel?
3. What happens at Giulio's in Chapter 34?
4. How does John feel when he is in court the day Bellarosa is arrested?
5. What does Bellarosa tell John about his plan to cooperate with the government?
6. What does Bellarosa do while staying at the Plaza Hotel?
7. What favor does John ask of Bellarosa in Chapter 36?
8. How does John feel about staying at the Plaza Hotel?
9. What happens at George Allard's funeral?
10. What happens when Bellarosa is arrested?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore at least three symbols that are used throughout this novel. What does the author try to do through this use of symbolism?
Essay Topic 2
Explore change as a theme in this novel. What message about change does this novel deliver?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast residents of the Gold Coast to members of the mafia. Why does the author provide such a strong divide?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)