|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John learn that he is separated from Susan?
2. What does William Stanhope offer to leave to the Allards?
3. When Frank tells John that Edward told him they may sell the summerhouse, how does John react?
4. What does Bellarosa do while staying at the Plaza Hotel?
5. When Bellarosa meets with people in the restaurant in Chapter 28, what does John assume is happening?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what directions does Bellarosa give John in regard to his upcoming arrest?
2. How does Ferragamo try to ruin John's plans the day Bellarosa is arrested?
3. What does John consider doing with his life after Susan kills Bellarosa?
4. What happens when John meets Jenny Alvarez?
5. In Chapter 30, how does John's dream affect him?
6. What does William Stanhope do with Stanhope Hall?
7. What does Bellarosa do when he sees John with Jenny at their hotel?
8. What do John and Bellarosa do after Bellarosa posts bail?
9. What does Bellarosa do while staying at the Plaza Hotel?
10. How does John convince the judge to let Bellarosa post bail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast what motivates at least three characters in this novel. What do these motives say about each character and the themes in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Explore success as a theme in this novel. What is the author's commentary on success?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Susan to Anna.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)