|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John decide to stop talking to people while he stays at the Plaza Hotel?
2. What does John do to his boat in Chapter 33?
3. After coming home at the end of Chapter 24, what does John threaten to do?
4. In Chapter 26, what does John realize about Ferragamo?
5. In Chapter 30, what dream does John have about his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bellarosa do while staying at the Plaza Hotel?
2. How does Ferragamo try to ruin John's plans the day Bellarosa is arrested?
3. In Chapter 22, what directions does Bellarosa give John in regard to his upcoming arrest?
4. In Chapter 23, what do John and Mancuso talk about?
5. How does John feel about staying at the Plaza Hotel?
6. What happens when Ferragamo offers Bellarosa a deal in his case?
7. What does William Stanhope do with Stanhope Hall?
8. Why does Susan say she killed Bellarosa?
9. How do John and Melzer come to an agreement on John's IRS bill?
10. What does John consider doing with his life after Susan kills Bellarosa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine morality as a theme in this novel. What is the author's commentary about morality?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast residents of the Gold Coast to members of the mafia. Why does the author provide such a strong divide?
Essay Topic 3
Explore success as a theme in this novel. What is the author's commentary on success?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)