|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing John does when he returns home in Chapter 33?
2. In Chapter 24, how does John feel about dining with the Stanhopes?
3. How does Susan act when John sees her at Bellarosa's with his body?
4. Why does Bellarosa tell John he will be going to Italy?
5. At the end of Chapter 24, what does John do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 30, how does John's dream affect him?
2. What happens when John meets Jenny Alvarez?
3. How does Ferragamo try to ruin John's plans the day Bellarosa is arrested?
4. In Chapter 33, what happens when John visits the yacht club?
5. In Chapter 22, what does John tell Bellarosa about as they walk around Fox Point?
6. What does John do when he finally returns home from staying at the Plaza Hotel?
7. What happens when Bellarosa is arrested?
8. What do John and Bellarosa do after Bellarosa posts bail?
9. How does John convince the judge to let Bellarosa post bail?
10. In Chapter 22, what directions does Bellarosa give John in regard to his upcoming arrest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is the ending of this novel effective in resolving the conflicts presented?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast what motivates at least three characters in this novel. What do these motives say about each character and the themes in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
How is self-betrayal a theme in this novel?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)