|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 33, what happens to John's boat?
2. What day of the week does Bellarosa think he will be arrested on for the murder of Juan?
3. At the end of Chapter 24, what does John do?
4. When Bellarosa meets with people in the restaurant in Chapter 28, what does John assume is happening?
5. Who is shot first at Giulio's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What favor does John ask of Bellarosa in Chapter 36?
2. What happens at George Allard's funeral?
3. What happens when Ferragamo offers Bellarosa a deal in his case?
4. How does John feel when he is in court the day Bellarosa is arrested?
5. Why does Susan say she killed Bellarosa?
6. Why does John sink his own boat?
7. What does Bellarosa do when he sees John with Jenny at their hotel?
8. In Chapter 29, what happens when Bellarosa watches the news?
9. Why does John become upset about Bellarosa's fifty dollar bet on the day of his arrest?
10. What happens at Giulio's in Chapter 34?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use suspense in this novel? Is this effective?
Essay Topic 2
Examine morality as a theme in this novel. What is the author's commentary about morality?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the setting of the Gold Coast for this novel. Consider the way the setting impacts the characters and acts as a character itself.
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)