|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John ask Bellarosa about favors after dealing with the stables?
2. How many acres of land was Susan given as a wedding gift?
3. How do the stock certificates help John make up with Lester in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 11, what does Bellarosa want John to represent him in?
5. In Chapter 7, how does John react when the Allards both fall ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 14, how does Susan frustrate John?
2. What does John tell Susan after leaving the Bellarosas in Chapter 17?
3. How does John spend Easter?
4. When Susan first learns about Bellarosa moving in, what is her biggest concern?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Lester want to do with the stock certificates one of John's clients found?
6. What IRS problems does John have with Novac?
7. What does Susan decide to do as a housewarming gift to the Bellarosas?
8. How does John first meet Bellarosa?
9. What happens the first time Bellarosa comes by John's house?
10. What does John do to avoid being recognized by Anna the first time he visits the Bellarosas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast two of the lawyers presented in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use irony in this novel? Is this effective?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the setting of the Gold Coast for this novel. Consider the way the setting impacts the characters and acts as a character itself.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)