|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan fear Frank Bellarosa won't understand?
2. What does Lester Remson do for a living?
3. What statue does John see at Alhambra in Chapter 3?
4. Which club do John and Susan dine at in Chapter 5?
5. When the Sutters children come home in Chapter 20, where do they go?
Short Essay Questions
1. When John visits Alhambra in Chapter 3, what does he find?
2. What IRS problems does John have with Novac?
3. How does Bellarosa try to help John with his tax problems?
4. What does Bellarosa tell John about Juan Carranza?
5. What happens the first time Bellarosa comes by John's house?
6. When Susan first learns about Bellarosa moving in, what is her biggest concern?
7. What happens when John visits Bellarosa's property on Easter?
8. What does Bellarosa ask John for in Chapter 19?
9. What advice does John give Susan about talking on the phone in Chapter 13?
10. In Chapter 8, what does Lester want to do with the stock certificates one of John's clients found?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast two of the lawyers presented in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Is the ending of this novel effective in resolving the conflicts presented?
Essay Topic 3
How does word choice affect the reader's opinion in this novel? How does the author use word choice to develop the characters, themes and plot of "The Gold Coast"?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)