|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bellarosa tell John that Ferragamo is coming after him in the Juan case?
2. What does Anna serve John and Susan in Chapter 15?
3. What does Susan fear Frank Bellarosa won't understand?
4. Which shore of Long Island does John Sutter live on?
5. How do Lester and Judy Remson react when they find out Bellarosa is moving next door to John and Susan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dominic help John in Chapter 13?
2. Why couldn't Ethel be with Augustus Stanhope?
3. In Chapter 29, what happens when Bellarosa watches the news?
4. Why does Susan say she killed Bellarosa?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Lester want to do with the stock certificates one of John's clients found?
6. What happens when Bellarosa meets with John in Chapter 11?
7. In Chapter 23, what do John and Mancuso talk about?
8. What IRS problems does John have with Novac?
9. What surprises John about Stanhope Hall in Chapter 14?
10. What does Bellarosa do while staying at the Plaza Hotel?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Susan to Anna.
Essay Topic 2
How is self-betrayal a theme in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
What genre is "The Gold Coast"? Use specific details from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)