|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John have to talk to Bellarosa about moving Susan's stables?
2. Why is Susan pleased Bellarosa moves in next door?
3. Who did Mr. Melzer used to work for?
4. What does Susan fear Frank Bellarosa won't understand?
5. Why does John want Susan to pay a social call on Bellarosa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bellarosa meets with John in Chapter 11?
2. What happens when John visits Bellarosa's property on Easter?
3. How does John spend Easter?
4. In Chapter 33, what happens when John visits the yacht club?
5. What does Bellarosa ask John for in Chapter 19?
6. What does John tell Susan after leaving the Bellarosas in Chapter 17?
7. What does William Stanhope do with Stanhope Hall?
8. In Chapter 23, what do John and Mancuso talk about?
9. Who is Bellarosa?
10. In Chapter 30, how does John's dream affect him?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's use of dialogue in this novel to explore the characters instead of using lengthy descriptions. Is this technique effective?
Essay Topic 2
Is the ending of this novel effective in resolving the conflicts presented?
Essay Topic 3
How is self-betrayal a theme in this novel?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)