|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John's reply to Susan's idea for a housewarming gift for the Bellarosas?
2. Why do John and Susan attend service at St. Mark's?
3. Why does John have to talk to Bellarosa about moving Susan's stables?
4. In Chapter 13, why does Bellarosa tell John he will send a builder over?
5. While visiting the Bellarosas in Chapter 15, what does John ask Frank Bellarosa about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John tell Susan after leaving the Bellarosas in Chapter 17?
2. In Chapter 33, what happens when John visits the yacht club?
3. In Chapter 30, what happens when Bellarosa and John go to the church?
4. What does John do when he finally returns home from staying at the Plaza Hotel?
5. In Chapter 29, what happens when Bellarosa watches the news?
6. How does Dominic help John in Chapter 13?
7. What advice does John give Susan about talking on the phone in Chapter 13?
8. What does Bellarosa tell John about his plan to cooperate with the government?
9. How does John feel about attending church service at St. Mark's?
10. In Chapter 8, what does Lester want to do with the stock certificates one of John's clients found?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Bellarosa's role in the novel. How does he drive the plot? How does he affect the other characters? What makes him central to this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Explore change as a theme in this novel. What message about change does this novel deliver?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Susan to Anna.
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)