|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lester Remson do for a living?
2. Why does Bellarosa believe Mr. Novac is attacking John?
3. What does Mr. Novac's first visit with John make John lose faith in?
4. In Chapter 16, what does Bellarosa say will happen if John leaves his house?
5. Why does Susan tell John they can't go away for a few months in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John feel about attending church service at St. Mark's?
2. What does John do when he finally returns home from staying at the Plaza Hotel?
3. What happens when Bellarosa meets with John in Chapter 11?
4. What do John and Bellarosa talk about when Bellarosa is released from the hospital?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Lester want to do with the stock certificates one of John's clients found?
6. What IRS problems does John have with Novac?
7. What happens when Bellarosa is arrested?
8. What does Bellarosa do while staying at the Plaza Hotel?
9. What do John and Bellarosa do after Bellarosa posts bail?
10. What surprises John about Stanhope Hall in Chapter 14?
Essay Topic 1
Explore success as a theme in this novel. What is the author's commentary on success?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast residents of the Gold Coast to members of the mafia. Why does the author provide such a strong divide?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Bellarosa's role in the novel. How does he drive the plot? How does he affect the other characters? What makes him central to this novel?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)