Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Lester and Judy Remson react when they find out Bellarosa is moving next door to John and Susan?
2. How much money does Mr. Novac say John owes the IRS?
3. How do the stock certificates help John make up with Lester in Chapter 6?
4. Who does Bellarosa say is setting him up in Juan's murder?
5. Why do men and dogs chase John in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dominic help John in Chapter 13?
2. What happens when John visits Bellarosa's property on Easter?
3. How does John feel when he is in court the day Bellarosa is arrested?
4. How does John spend Easter?
5. At the end of Chapter 14, how does Susan frustrate John?
6. How does Bellarosa try to help John with his tax problems?
7. Why is Bellarosa good for Alhambra?
8. Why does John become upset about Bellarosa's fifty dollar bet on the day of his arrest?
9. What does Bellarosa do when he sees John with Jenny at their hotel?
10. What do John and Bellarosa do after Bellarosa posts bail?
Essay Topic 1
Explore change as a theme in this novel. What message about change does this novel deliver?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast residents of the Gold Coast to members of the mafia. Why does the author provide such a strong divide?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the development of John Sutter throughout the novel.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)