|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what day of the week does John suppose Susan's stables will be moved?
2. How many acres of land was Susan given as a wedding gift?
3. Where does Bellarosa take John while Anna shows Susan around in Chapter 15?
4. What do the Bellarosa's use the ballroom for in their estate?
5. What does Mr. Novac's first visit with John make John lose faith in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anna tell John she worries about in the new neighborhood in Chapter 17?
2. What happens when John visits Bellarosa's property on Easter?
3. What does Susan decide to do as a housewarming gift to the Bellarosas?
4. What surprises John about Stanhope Hall in Chapter 14?
5. At the end of Chapter 14, how does Susan frustrate John?
6. How does Bellarosa ask for John's help in the Juan Carranza case?
7. What does John tell Susan after leaving the Bellarosas in Chapter 17?
8. How does Dominic help John in Chapter 13?
9. How does John first meet Bellarosa?
10. What does Susan tell John about her childhood playhouse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use irony in this novel? Is this effective?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the commentary on marriage that this novel provides.
Essay Topic 3
How does word choice affect the reader's opinion in this novel? How does the author use word choice to develop the characters, themes and plot of "The Gold Coast"?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)