|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan admit about her childhood playhouse?
2. Why does John want Susan to pay a social call on Bellarosa?
3. How do the other country club members react to John meeting with Bellarosa at the club in Chapter 19?
4. Who did Mr. Melzer used to work for?
5. How does Bellarosa act while telling John about the Juan case?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John spend Easter?
2. What do the Sutters do for the weekend when their children visit in Chapter 20?
3. What happens when John's father calls him at the end of Chapter 21?
4. What does Susan decide to do as a housewarming gift to the Bellarosas?
5. What happens when John visits Bellarosa's property on Easter?
6. What does Bellarosa ask John for in Chapter 19?
7. What IRS problems does John have with Novac?
8. What surprises John about Stanhope Hall in Chapter 14?
9. Who is Bellarosa?
10. What happens the first time Bellarosa comes by John's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the setting of the Gold Coast for this novel. Consider the way the setting impacts the characters and acts as a character itself.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the development of John Sutter throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast residents of the Gold Coast to members of the mafia. Why does the author provide such a strong divide?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)