|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Bellarosa about the news clip in Chapter 29?
(a) The reporters slant.
(b) What John says.
(c) The length.
(d) The angle they filmed Bellarosa at.
2. Who says they saw Bellarosa at home the day of Juan's murder?
3. Why does Ferragamo say he keeps postponing the Bellarosa trial?
(a) The witnesses are too afraid to testify.
(b) He wants to make a deal instead.
(c) They need to obtain more evidence.
(d) Bellarosa keeps stalling with technicalities.
4. What does William Stanhope offer to leave to the Allards?
(a) Ten thousand dollars.
(b) The gatehouse.
(c) The stables.
(d) A car.
5. What does John tell Susan about their separation when he returns home from the Plaza?
(a) That it's the best idea.
(b) That it won't work.
(c) That he'll do it only for her.
(d) That he insists she move out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ethel say about Augustus Stanhope on the day of George's funeral?
2. What does Bellarosa say the murder charge has done to his assets?
3. Why does Bellarosa decide to stay at the Plaza Hotel?
4. Why do the Stanhopes discuss the sale of their property to Bellarosa with John?
5. What does John do to his boat in Chapter 33?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ferragamo offers Bellarosa a deal in his case?
2. What does Bellarosa tell John about his plan to cooperate with the government?
3. What happens at George Allard's funeral?
4. Why does John sink his own boat?
5. What do John and Bellarosa do after Bellarosa posts bail?
6. How does John feel when he is in court the day Bellarosa is arrested?
7. What favor does John ask of Bellarosa in Chapter 36?
8. In Chapter 23, what do John and Mancuso talk about?
9. In Chapter 22, what does John tell Bellarosa about as they walk around Fox Point?
10. What happens when John meets Jenny Alvarez?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)