|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bellarosa agree to tell Susan that their affair is over?
(a) Because there isn't an affair.
(b) Because Anna asks him to.
(c) Because he owes John.
(d) Because he wants to make things right.
2. What does Jack Weinstein explain to John at the Plaza Hotel?
(a) How criminal cases usually work.
(b) How to talk to the media.
(c) How to stay hidden.
(d) How the mafia works.
3. In Chapter 30, what dream does John have about his wife?
(a) That she is sick.
(b) That she is leaving him.
(c) That she is selling their house.
(d) That she is having an affair with Bellarosa.
4. In Chapter 32, what does Ferragamo offer Bellarosa a deal for?
(a) Reliable information.
(c) A statement to the press.
(d) He doesn't offer a deal.
5. What does William Stanhope offer to leave to the Allards?
(a) The gatehouse.
(b) Ten thousand dollars.
(c) A car.
(d) The stables.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25, what does Melzer tell John about his IRS audit?
2. In Chapter 32, what does Bellarosa tell John about revenge?
3. After coming home at the end of Chapter 24, what does John threaten to do?
4. In Chapter 22, what decade does John describe as being lavish to Bellarosa?
5. What time does Bellarosa tell John to be at his house every week until his arrest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when John meets Jenny Alvarez?
2. What does William Stanhope do with Stanhope Hall?
3. Why does John become upset about Bellarosa's fifty dollar bet on the day of his arrest?
4. What happens when Bellarosa is arrested?
5. What favor does John ask of Bellarosa in Chapter 36?
6. In Chapter 22, what does John tell Bellarosa about as they walk around Fox Point?
7. What does Bellarosa do while staying at the Plaza Hotel?
8. What happens at Giulio's in Chapter 34?
9. What does Bellarosa do when he sees John with Jenny at their hotel?
10. Why does John sink his own boat?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)