|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 35, why is Ferragamo after John?
(a) For delaying the trial.
(b) For not submitting evidence.
(c) For money.
(d) For saving Bellarosa's life.
2. While staying at the Plaza hotel, what does John realize about his involvement with Bellarosa?
(a) He doesn't like Bellarosa anymore.
(b) He is in too deep.
(c) He is confused over his involvement.
(d) He was trying to prove something to his wife.
3. In Chapter 30, where do Bellarosa and John drive around?
(a) The Bronx.
(b) Staten Island.
4. What is the first thing John does when he returns home in Chapter 33?
(a) He tries to call Susan.
(b) He packs a bag.
(c) He looks at the backyard.
(d) He takes a nap.
5. In Chapter 32, what does Ferragamo offer Bellarosa a deal for?
(a) Reliable information.
(b) He doesn't offer a deal.
(d) A statement to the press.
Short Answer Questions
1. What upsets John about the loss of his boat?
2. In Chapter 24, how does John feel about dining with the Stanhopes?
3. What does John do when Melzer calls him with an IRS settlement offer?
4. Why are Bellarosa's men angry when the FBI arrests him?
5. Why do the Stanhopes discuss the sale of their property to Bellarosa with John?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John feel about staying at the Plaza Hotel?
2. In Chapter 29, what happens when Bellarosa watches the news?
3. What does Bellarosa do when he sees John with Jenny at their hotel?
4. How do John and Melzer come to an agreement on John's IRS bill?
5. Why does John sink his own boat?
6. Why does John become upset about Bellarosa's fifty dollar bet on the day of his arrest?
7. What happens when John meets Jenny Alvarez?
8. What does John consider doing with his life after Susan kills Bellarosa?
9. What does John do when he finally returns home from staying at the Plaza Hotel?
10. How does John convince the judge to let Bellarosa post bail?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)