|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what does John realize about Ferragamo?
(a) He has been forging documents.
(b) He has been getting Anna on his side.
(c) He is keeping him from getting to court on time.
(d) He is videotaping John's property.
2. What does William Stanhope offer to leave to the Allards?
(a) The stables.
(b) Ten thousand dollars.
(c) A car.
(d) The gatehouse.
3. Why does John leave his car behind in Chapter 27?
(a) Because one of the tires is flat.
(b) To get to court on time.
(c) To confuse Ferragamo's men.
(d) Because it is out of gas.
4. Why do the Stanhopes discuss the sale of their property to Bellarosa with John?
(a) Because they wanted to upset John.
(b) Because they know John works for Bellarosa.
(c) Because Susan arranged it.
(d) Because they had the change their wills.
5. Why do Bellarosa and John wait for the midnight papers to come out?
(a) To help them stay awake all night.
(b) To get the weather report.
(c) To read the different stories about Bellarosa's arrest.
(d) To look for hidden messages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bellarosa tell John the first time he acknowledges John's belief of an affair with Susan?
2. Why can't John go to sleep while staying at the Plaza Hotel?
3. What does John think of the price he sells the summer house for?
4. In Chapter 23, what story does Mancuso tell John about Bellarosa?
5. What upsets Bellarosa about the news clip in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why couldn't Ethel be with Augustus Stanhope?
2. What happens when John meets Jenny Alvarez?
3. How does John feel when he is in court the day Bellarosa is arrested?
4. In Chapter 33, what happens when John visits the yacht club?
5. How does John convince the judge to let Bellarosa post bail?
6. In Chapter 30, how does John's dream affect him?
7. In Chapter 29, what happens when Bellarosa watches the news?
8. How do John and Melzer come to an agreement on John's IRS bill?
9. How does Ferragamo try to ruin John's plans the day Bellarosa is arrested?
10. In Chapter 22, what does John tell Bellarosa about as they walk around Fox Point?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)