|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 36, when John visits Bellarosa, who is all around him?
(a) No one.
(b) Federal agents.
(c) His family.
2. In Chapter 24, how does John feel about dining with the Stanhopes?
(a) He feels like its an obligation.
(b) He looks forward to discussing politics with them.
(c) He isn't sure why they are meeting.
(d) He refuses to talk during the meal.
3. While staying at the Plaza hotel, what does John realize about his involvement with Bellarosa?
(a) He was trying to prove something to his wife.
(b) He is confused over his involvement.
(c) He doesn't like Bellarosa anymore.
(d) He is in too deep.
4. Why does Ferragamo say he keeps postponing the Bellarosa trial?
(a) They need to obtain more evidence.
(b) The witnesses are too afraid to testify.
(c) Bellarosa keeps stalling with technicalities.
(d) He wants to make a deal instead.
5. Why does John decide to stop talking to people while he stays at the Plaza Hotel?
(a) He thinks the people there are boring.
(b) It may not be wise.
(c) Bellarosa tells him to stop.
(d) He doesn't have anything else to say to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Stanhopes discuss the sale of their property to Bellarosa with John?
2. What does John ask after Bellarosa says he will be going to Italy?
3. Why does Bellarosa decide to stay at the Plaza Hotel?
4. In Chapter 35, why does John encourage Bellarosa to work with the government?
5. What does Ethel say about Augustus Stanhope on the day of George's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why couldn't Ethel be with Augustus Stanhope?
2. In Chapter 29, what happens when Bellarosa watches the news?
3. What does John consider doing with his life after Susan kills Bellarosa?
4. What happens when John meets Jenny Alvarez?
5. Why does John become upset about Bellarosa's fifty dollar bet on the day of his arrest?
6. How does John feel about staying at the Plaza Hotel?
7. What does John do when he finally returns home from staying at the Plaza Hotel?
8. How do John and Melzer come to an agreement on John's IRS bill?
9. In Chapter 33, what happens when John visits the yacht club?
10. What does Bellarosa tell John about his plan to cooperate with the government?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)