|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Stanhopes discuss the sale of their property to Bellarosa with John?
(a) Because they had the change their wills.
(b) Because Susan arranged it.
(c) Because they know John works for Bellarosa.
(d) Because they wanted to upset John.
2. In Chapter 23, what story does Mancuso tell John about Bellarosa?
(a) About the time Bellarosa lied under oath.
(b) About the time Bellarosa was in prison.
(c) About the time Bellarosa beat a man.
(d) About the time Bellarosa cheated on his wife.
3. What does Bellarosa tell John he wants him to do in regard to his bail?
(a) To make sure he can post one.
(b) To pay half the funds himself.
(c) To not post one.
(d) To alert the press when he is released.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 37, where does Susan say she is going?
(a) To her sister's house.
(b) For a ride.
(c) To a museum.
(d) Out to eat.
5. What is Fox Point?
(a) A new apartment complex.
(b) A country club.
(c) A new subdivision.
(d) A ruined estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Bellarosa and John wait for the midnight papers to come out?
2. What proceedings does Bellarosa say Ferragamo will probably start on him?
3. What does Susan tell John over the phone in Chapter 30?
4. What do John and Jenny talk about in John's hotel room?
5. What upsets John about the loss of his boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do John and Bellarosa talk about when Bellarosa is released from the hospital?
2. In Chapter 30, how does John's dream affect him?
3. What happens at Giulio's in Chapter 34?
4. Why couldn't Ethel be with Augustus Stanhope?
5. What happens when John meets Jenny Alvarez?
6. What happens when Ferragamo offers Bellarosa a deal in his case?
7. How does John convince the judge to let Bellarosa post bail?
8. What does Bellarosa do while staying at the Plaza Hotel?
9. How does John feel about staying at the Plaza Hotel?
10. How does John feel when he is in court the day Bellarosa is arrested?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)