|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan tell John over the phone in Chapter 30?
(a) That he will do well in court.
(b) That she misses him.
(c) That she wants him to stop the case.
(d) That they have to talk.
2. What does John fear when Bellarosa says he will be going to Italy?
(a) That he won't pay his fees.
(b) That he will take Susan with him.
(c) That he will sell off more land.
(d) That he will force John to go with him.
3. What does John do when Melzer calls him with an IRS settlement offer?
(a) He counter-offers.
(b) He says he wants to take it to court.
(c) He hangs up on Melzer.
(d) He agrees to the terms.
4. What does Susan ask John at Giulio's after the ambulance leaves?
(a) If he tried to save Bellarosa's life.
(b) If he was hurt.
(c) If he tried to help anyone involved.
(d) If he is afraid.
5. Why can't John go to sleep while staying at the Plaza Hotel?
(a) Bellarosa's brother in law is in his room.
(b) He has to work.
(c) Bellarosa won't stop talking to him.
(d) The room is too loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 35, why does John encourage Bellarosa to work with the government?
2. Why do Bellarosa and John wait for the midnight papers to come out?
3. What does John do when Bellarosa says he owes him in Chapter 35?
4. What does John think of the price he sells the summer house for?
5. What does Bellarosa tell John the first time he acknowledges John's belief of an affair with Susan?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 30, how does John's dream affect him?
2. In Chapter 29, what happens when Bellarosa watches the news?
3. What happens at Giulio's in Chapter 34?
4. In Chapter 22, what directions does Bellarosa give John in regard to his upcoming arrest?
5. Why does Susan say she killed Bellarosa?
6. What happens at George Allard's funeral?
7. In Chapter 22, what does John tell Bellarosa about as they walk around Fox Point?
8. What does John do when he finally returns home from staying at the Plaza Hotel?
9. In Chapter 23, what do John and Mancuso talk about?
10. Why couldn't Ethel be with Augustus Stanhope?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)