|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John leave his car behind in Chapter 27?
(a) To confuse Ferragamo's men.
(b) Because one of the tires is flat.
(c) To get to court on time.
(d) Because it is out of gas.
2. What does Ethel say about Augustus Stanhope on the day of George's funeral?
(a) That they were lovers.
(b) That he was always kind.
(c) That he used to beat her.
(d) That he had promised her money.
3. What proceedings does Bellarosa say Ferragamo will probably start on him?
4. In Chapter 35, why is Ferragamo after John?
(a) For not submitting evidence.
(b) For saving Bellarosa's life.
(c) For money.
(d) For delaying the trial.
5. In Chapter 23, what does Mancuso tell John about the mafia?
(a) That Bellarosa is too influential.
(b) That they have been romanticized.
(c) That they follow rules.
(d) That they aren't as powerful as they were.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bellarosa agree to tell Susan that their affair is over?
2. In Chapter 23, what does Mancuso suggest John do to Bellarosa's property?
3. Where does John tell Bellarosa he knows about the IRS set up?
4. What does Jack Weinstein explain to John at the Plaza Hotel?
5. Where do Bellarosa and John go after John gets bail for Bellarosa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ferragamo offers Bellarosa a deal in his case?
2. How do John and Melzer come to an agreement on John's IRS bill?
3. How does John convince the judge to let Bellarosa post bail?
4. How does John feel about staying at the Plaza Hotel?
5. Why does Susan say she killed Bellarosa?
6. What do John and Bellarosa talk about when Bellarosa is released from the hospital?
7. What favor does John ask of Bellarosa in Chapter 36?
8. In Chapter 23, what do John and Mancuso talk about?
9. What does John do when he finally returns home from staying at the Plaza Hotel?
10. How does Ferragamo try to ruin John's plans the day Bellarosa is arrested?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)