|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William Stanhope believe about Bellarosa's business sense?
(a) That it should serve as a lesson to John.
(b) That it isn't good.
(c) That it's among the finest.
(d) That it will get him in trouble.
2. What does Ethel say about Augustus Stanhope on the day of George's funeral?
(a) That he had promised her money.
(b) That he was always kind.
(c) That they were lovers.
(d) That he used to beat her.
3. Why does John invite Jenny to his hotel room for a drink?
(a) To tell her information about Bellarosa.
(b) To try to cheat on Susan.
(c) To prove he hasn't told her anything.
(d) To find out what she knows about Bellarosa's case.
4. Why do Bellarosa and John wait for the midnight papers to come out?
(a) To get the weather report.
(b) To help them stay awake all night.
(c) To look for hidden messages.
(d) To read the different stories about Bellarosa's arrest.
5. Why does Bellarosa agree to tell Susan that their affair is over?
(a) Because he wants to make things right.
(b) Because Anna asks him to.
(c) Because he owes John.
(d) Because there isn't an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John describe his night with Jenny in his hotel room?
2. In Chapter 26, what does John realize about Ferragamo?
3. In Chapter 36, when John visits Bellarosa, who is all around him?
4. What does Bellarosa ask John when he takes Jenny back to his hotel room?
5. Who answers the phone at Bellarosa's estate in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John feel about staying at the Plaza Hotel?
2. What do John and Bellarosa talk about when Bellarosa is released from the hospital?
3. What does Bellarosa tell John about his plan to cooperate with the government?
4. What does John consider doing with his life after Susan kills Bellarosa?
5. What happens when Ferragamo offers Bellarosa a deal in his case?
6. How does John feel when he is in court the day Bellarosa is arrested?
7. In Chapter 30, what happens when Bellarosa and John go to the church?
8. Why does John sink his own boat?
9. What do John and Bellarosa do after Bellarosa posts bail?
10. What does Bellarosa do while staying at the Plaza Hotel?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)