|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 23, what does Mancuso tell John about the mafia?
(a) That they aren't as powerful as they were.
(b) That Bellarosa is too influential.
(c) That they have been romanticized.
(d) That they follow rules.
2. In Chapter 32, what does Bellarosa tell John about revenge?
(a) That it's best served cold.
(b) That it's only for professionals.
(c) That it's a bad idea.
(d) That it's the foundation of society.
3. In Chapter 23, what story does Mancuso tell John about Bellarosa?
(a) About the time Bellarosa lied under oath.
(b) About the time Bellarosa was in prison.
(c) About the time Bellarosa cheated on his wife.
(d) About the time Bellarosa beat a man.
4. What do John and Jenny talk about in John's hotel room?
(d) The law.
5. How much money does Bellarosa bet John in Chapter 26 about the day of his arrest?
(a) One hundred and fifty dollars.
(b) Twenty five dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bellarosa meets with people in the restaurant in Chapter 28, what does John assume is happening?
2. How does John learn that he is separated from Susan?
3. In Chapter 23, what does Mancuso suggest John do to Bellarosa's property?
4. What is Fox Point?
5. What does Jack Weinstein explain to John at the Plaza Hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ferragamo offers Bellarosa a deal in his case?
2. What does Bellarosa tell John about his plan to cooperate with the government?
3. In Chapter 22, what does John tell Bellarosa about as they walk around Fox Point?
4. How does John convince the judge to let Bellarosa post bail?
5. Why couldn't Ethel be with Augustus Stanhope?
6. In Chapter 33, what happens when John visits the yacht club?
7. Why does Susan say she killed Bellarosa?
8. In Chapter 30, how does John's dream affect him?
9. How do John and Melzer come to an agreement on John's IRS bill?
10. What does William Stanhope do with Stanhope Hall?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)