|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John do when Melzer calls him with an IRS settlement offer?
(a) He says he wants to take it to court.
(b) He agrees to the terms.
(c) He counter-offers.
(d) He hangs up on Melzer.
2. What does John fear when Bellarosa says he will be going to Italy?
(a) That he will force John to go with him.
(b) That he will take Susan with him.
(c) That he will sell off more land.
(d) That he won't pay his fees.
3. In Chapter 23, what does Mancuso tell John about the mafia?
(a) That they have been romanticized.
(b) That Bellarosa is too influential.
(c) That they aren't as powerful as they were.
(d) That they follow rules.
4. In Chapter 33, what happens to John's boat?
(a) Susan tries to sell it.
(b) Bellarosa offers to buy it.
(c) The IRS seizes it.
(d) Someone steals it.
5. What does Bellarosa tell John the first time he acknowledges John's belief of an affair with Susan?
(a) That John should get those ideas out of his head.
(b) That Susan has to be the one to tell him the truth.
(c) That Susan is too classy for that.
(d) That John is right, but it will continue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John do to his boat in Chapter 33?
2. In Chapter 23, what does Mancuso suggest John do to Bellarosa's property?
3. Where does John learn Bellarosa has a snitch?
4. Where do Bellarosa and John have coffee with priests?
5. What does Bellarosa say the murder charge has done to his assets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bellarosa tell John about his plan to cooperate with the government?
2. What does Bellarosa do while staying at the Plaza Hotel?
3. What happens when John meets Jenny Alvarez?
4. What happens at George Allard's funeral?
5. How do John and Melzer come to an agreement on John's IRS bill?
6. In Chapter 30, what happens when Bellarosa and John go to the church?
7. How does John feel when he is in court the day Bellarosa is arrested?
8. How does John convince the judge to let Bellarosa post bail?
9. In Chapter 23, what do John and Mancuso talk about?
10. How does John feel about staying at the Plaza Hotel?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)