|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do John and Susan attend service at St. Mark's?
(a) Because they always have.
(b) Because it is close to home.
(c) Because Susan insists.
(d) Because the reverand gives the best sermon.
2. What does Bellarosa's arrival on the Gold Coast signify for John, Susan, and their friends?
3. What does Edward offer to do to help with John's tax problems?
(a) Sell the beach house.
(b) Write the IRS.
(c) Defend him in court.
(d) Take money from his trust fund.
4. What does John notice about Bellarosa's Neptune statue in Chapter 10?
(a) That he removed it.
(b) That he painted it.
(c) That he smashed it.
(d) That he fixed it.
5. How much money does Mr. Novac say John owes the IRS?
(a) One hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Fifty thousand dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lester Remson do for a living?
2. In Chapter 16, what does Bellarosa say will happen if John leaves his house?
3. What does Mr. Novac's first visit with John make John lose faith in?
4. What does John tell George to do if Bellarosa stops by for a second time?
5. In Chapter 18, what reason does John give for being surprised about the friendship developing between Susan and Anna?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John spend Easter?
2. What do the Sutters do for the weekend when their children visit in Chapter 20?
3. What does Susan tell John about her childhood playhouse?
4. What are John's parent's like?
5. How does Bellarosa ask for John's help in the Juan Carranza case?
6. What happens when Bellarosa meets with John in Chapter 11?
7. When John visits Alhambra in Chapter 3, what does he find?
8. What do John and Susan discuss after Good Friday mass?
9. What surprises John about Stanhope Hall in Chapter 14?
10. What happens the first time Bellarosa comes by John's house?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)