|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the stock certificates help John make up with Lester in Chapter 6?
(a) Because of the business deal they make.
(b) Because of the funny story John tells about the stocks.
(c) Because John promises to give Lester the stocks.
(d) Because Lester is excited about the stocks.
2. Why do John and Susan attend service at St. Mark's?
(a) Because they always have.
(b) Because the reverand gives the best sermon.
(c) Because Susan insists.
(d) Because it is close to home.
3. Who shows Susan the conservatory of the Bellarosa's house?
(a) She goes there herself.
4. Why does Bellarosa propose Susan and Anna become friends?
(a) So Anna won't be lonely.
(b) So Anna can seem prestigious.
(c) Because Susan asked him.
(d) Because Susan is a good influence.
5. How do the other country club members react to John meeting with Bellarosa at the club in Chapter 19?
(a) They are excited.
(b) They are curious.
(c) They are indifferent.
(d) They are upset.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John wake up on Easter Sunday?
2. In Chapter 6, what is so exciting about the stock certificates an old woman brings to John?
3. Why does Bellarosa tell John that Ferragamo is coming after him in the Juan case?
4. What do the Bellarosa's use the ballroom for in their estate?
5. Which room does Bellarosa leave John and Susan in alone in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when John's father calls him at the end of Chapter 21?
2. What does John tell Susan after leaving the Bellarosas in Chapter 17?
3. What IRS problems does John have with Novac?
4. What does Susan decide to do as a housewarming gift to the Bellarosas?
5. How does Dominic help John in Chapter 13?
6. Who is Bellarosa?
7. What surprises John about Stanhope Hall in Chapter 14?
8. What do the Sutters do for the weekend when their children visit in Chapter 20?
9. What happens when John visits Bellarosa's property on Easter?
10. Why is Bellarosa good for Alhambra?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)