|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan fear Frank Bellarosa won't understand?
(a) The rights of horseriders.
(b) The English language.
(c) The value of his art.
(d) The proper way to behave.
2. What does Susan say Bellarosa wants from John in Chapter 13?
(a) His house.
(b) His wife.
(c) His soul.
(d) His money.
3. In Chapter 3, how does John get to Alhambra?
(a) A train.
(b) On foot.
(d) In a car.
4. How do the stock certificates help John make up with Lester in Chapter 6?
(a) Because Lester is excited about the stocks.
(b) Because of the funny story John tells about the stocks.
(c) Because John promises to give Lester the stocks.
(d) Because of the business deal they make.
5. Who shows Susan the conservatory of the Bellarosa's house?
(d) She goes there herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Susan Sutter's family's house called?
2. Whose law firm does John work for?
3. How do Lester and Judy Remson react when they find out Bellarosa is moving next door to John and Susan?
4. Why does John Sutter visit the nursery in Chapter 1?
5. Why does John want Susan to pay a social call on Bellarosa?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John spend Easter?
2. What surprises John about Stanhope Hall in Chapter 14?
3. When Susan first learns about Bellarosa moving in, what is her biggest concern?
4. What does Bellarosa tell John about Juan Carranza?
5. What happens when John visits Bellarosa's property on Easter?
6. How does Bellarosa try to help John with his tax problems?
7. Who is Bellarosa?
8. What happens the first time Bellarosa comes by John's house?
9. In Chapter 5, how does John fear he insulted Lester?
10. How does Bellarosa ask for John's help in the Juan Carranza case?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)