|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which shore of Long Island does John Sutter live on?
(a) The East shore.
(b) The West shore.
(c) The North shore.
(d) The South shore.
2. What does Mr. Novac's first visit with John make John lose faith in?
(a) His accountant.
(b) The system.
(d) His job security.
3. How does John describe having a business relationship with Bellarosa?
4. Where does John wake up on Easter Sunday?
(a) The country club.
(b) His own bed.
(c) Bellarosa's house.
(d) The ground.
5. What does John tell George to do if Bellarosa stops by for a second time?
(a) To let him in.
(b) To not even open the door.
(c) To tell him to never come back.
(d) To take a picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which club do John and Susan dine at in Chapter 5?
2. What does John do before going to his aunt's for Easter?
3. When the Sutters children come home in Chapter 20, where do they go?
4. How many acres of land was Susan given as a wedding gift?
5. What does Lester Remson do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how does John fear he insulted Lester?
2. When John visits Alhambra in Chapter 3, what does he find?
3. How does John feel about attending church service at St. Mark's?
4. What does John do to avoid being recognized by Anna the first time he visits the Bellarosas?
5. How does Dominic help John in Chapter 13?
6. What does Susan tell John about her childhood playhouse?
7. What IRS problems does John have with Novac?
8. What does Bellarosa ask John for in Chapter 19?
9. What surprises John about Stanhope Hall in Chapter 14?
10. What advice does John give Susan about talking on the phone in Chapter 13?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)