|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John tell his children he might have to see?
(a) Their summer home.
(b) Their trust funds.
(c) Their plane.
(d) Their cars.
2. Why does John Sutter visit the nursery in Chapter 1?
(a) To price out plants.
(b) To buy plants.
(c) To go to work.
(d) To look into purchasing the nursery.
3. Where does John wake up on Easter Sunday?
(a) The country club.
(b) Bellarosa's house.
(c) His own bed.
(d) The ground.
4. What is John's reply to Susan's idea for a housewarming gift for the Bellarosas?
(a) That she shouldn't spend a lot of money.
(b) That she shouldn't get involved.
(c) That she should do something modest.
(d) That she should do something nice.
5. Which shore of Long Island does John Sutter live on?
(a) The South shore.
(b) The East shore.
(c) The West shore.
(d) The North shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan fear Frank Bellarosa won't understand?
2. Who does Bellarosa say is setting him up in Juan's murder?
3. What does John think about Susan's parent's estate?
4. How many acres of land was Susan given as a wedding gift?
5. Why does John have to talk to Bellarosa about moving Susan's stables?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when John visits Bellarosa's property on Easter?
2. How does John first meet Bellarosa?
3. What surprises John about Stanhope Hall in Chapter 14?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Lester want to do with the stock certificates one of John's clients found?
5. What advice does John give Susan about talking on the phone in Chapter 13?
6. When Susan first learns about Bellarosa moving in, what is her biggest concern?
7. What are John's parent's like?
8. What does Susan tell John about her childhood playhouse?
9. What happens when Bellarosa meets with John in Chapter 11?
10. What IRS problems does John have with Novac?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)