|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Bellarosa want John to represent him in?
(a) A business deal.
(b) A fundraiser.
(c) A real estate deal.
(d) A non-profit deal.
2. In Chapter 2, what does John wonder about Frank Bellarosa?
(a) How he'll feel about not being accepted.
(b) How old he is.
(c) How long he will live in the neighborhood.
(d) How many times he has been to jail.
3. Why does John wear his glasses while visiting the Bellarosas in Chapter 15?
(a) To look different.
(b) To see better.
(c) To look smarter.
(d) To look older.
4. What does Susan want to do for the Bellarosas as a housewarming gift?
(b) Cook them dinner.
(d) Give them a piece of art.
5. In Chapter 13, why does Bellarosa tell John he will send a builder over?
(a) To fix the balcony.
(b) John isn't sure why.
(c) To build a guest house.
(d) To help with Susan's stables.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, why is John nervous about talking to Bellarosa on the phone about Dominic?
2. Why do John and Susan attend service at St. Mark's?
3. In Chapter 16, what does Bellarosa say will happen if John leaves his house?
4. What does John tell his children he might have to see?
5. Where does Bellarosa take John while Anna shows Susan around in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John do to avoid being recognized by Anna the first time he visits the Bellarosas?
2. What happens the first time Bellarosa comes by John's house?
3. What does Susan decide to do as a housewarming gift to the Bellarosas?
4. What advice does John give Susan about talking on the phone in Chapter 13?
5. How does John spend Easter?
6. What are John's parent's like?
7. When Susan first learns about Bellarosa moving in, what is her biggest concern?
8. In Chapter 5, how does John fear he insulted Lester?
9. What IRS problems does John have with Novac?
10. How does John feel about attending church service at St. Mark's?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)