|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John have to talk to Bellarosa about moving Susan's stables?
(a) Because they are on Bellarosa's land.
(b) Because they will be near his property.
(c) Because the work will be loud.
(d) Because he will need help moving them.
2. In Chapter 16, what does Bellarosa say will happen if John leaves his house?
(a) He'll leave John alone.
(b) He'll make John's job harder.
(c) He'll tell the media.
(d) He'll come after John.
3. In Chapter 6, what is so exciting about the stock certificates an old woman brings to John?
(a) Their age.
(b) The amount of them.
(c) Their signature.
(d) The amount of money lost in them.
4. What does Melzer offer John the first time they meet?
(a) A check.
(b) A partnership.
(c) A new car.
(d) A vacation.
5. In Chapter 18, what reason does John give for being surprised about the friendship developing between Susan and Anna?
(a) Anna spreads rumors.
(b) Susan is afraid of the Bellarosas.
(c) They are different.
(d) Susan is overly pushy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do men and dogs chase John in Chapter 10?
2. What does Susan say Bellarosa wants from John in Chapter 13?
3. Which shore of Long Island does John Sutter live on?
4. Where is John's office located?
5. After talking about Susan's stables, why does John believe Bellarosa wants a relationship with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bellarosa tell John about Juan Carranza?
2. What does Bellarosa ask John for in Chapter 19?
3. Why is Bellarosa good for Alhambra?
4. When John visits Alhambra in Chapter 3, what does he find?
5. What happens when John's father calls him at the end of Chapter 21?
6. What happens when John visits Bellarosa's property on Easter?
7. What are John's parent's like?
8. How does John first meet Bellarosa?
9. What happens the first time Bellarosa comes by John's house?
10. How does Dominic help John in Chapter 13?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)