|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna serve John and Susan in Chapter 15?
(c) A pasta platter.
2. In Chapter 7, how does John react when the Allards both fall ill?
(a) He takes care of them.
(b) He tells Susan to take care of them.
(c) He docks their pay.
(d) He sends them both to the doctor.
3. Which room does Bellarosa leave John and Susan in alone in Chapter 15?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The study.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The living room.
4. What does John do before going to his aunt's for Easter?
(a) Goes to the bar.
(b) Meets with Bellarosa.
(c) Takes a nap
(d) Buys Susan a present.
5. In Chapter 14, what decision does John make about having drinks at Bellarosa's?
(a) To bring a bottle of wine.
(b) To show up late.
(c) To go alone.
(d) To go there with Susan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Susan's horse's name?
2. What does Edward offer to do to help with John's tax problems?
3. What does Carolyn ask John about his personal life in Chapter 20?
4. Which shore of Long Island does John Sutter live on?
5. What does John tell George to do if Bellarosa stops by for a second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Susan first learns about Bellarosa moving in, what is her biggest concern?
2. What do John and Susan discuss after Good Friday mass?
3. How does John first meet Bellarosa?
4. What does Bellarosa ask John for in Chapter 19?
5. What are John's parent's like?
6. At the end of Chapter 14, how does Susan frustrate John?
7. What happens when John visits Bellarosa's property on Easter?
8. What does Bellarosa tell John about Juan Carranza?
9. Who is Bellarosa?
10. What does Anna tell John she worries about in the new neighborhood in Chapter 17?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)