|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bellarosa tell John that Ferragamo is coming after him in the Juan case?
(a) He's running for re-election.
(b) Because he gets a bonus.
(c) As a type of revenge.
(d) They have a long standing fued.
2. What does Susan say about the security at the Bellarosas in Chapter 18?
(a) It is high.
(b) It seems about average for the area.
(c) She says she never pays attention to that.
(d) There is hardly any at all.
3. Where does John wake up on Easter Sunday?
(a) The country club.
(b) The ground.
(c) Bellarosa's house.
(d) His own bed.
4. What does Lester Remson do for a living?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a business owner.
(c) He is an inventor.
(d) He is a stockbroker.
5. How does John feel when Frank Bellarosa tells him he is moving next door?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Susan tell John they can't go away for a few months in Chapter 21?
2. Why does John have to talk to Bellarosa about moving Susan's stables?
3. How many acres of land was Susan given as a wedding gift?
4. After talking about Susan's stables, why does John believe Bellarosa wants a relationship with him?
5. When the Sutters children come home in Chapter 20, where do they go?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how does John fear he insulted Lester?
2. What does John do when he finally returns home from staying at the Plaza Hotel?
3. How does John feel when he is in court the day Bellarosa is arrested?
4. How does John feel about attending church service at St. Mark's?
5. In Chapter 30, how does John's dream affect him?
6. At the end of Chapter 14, how does Susan frustrate John?
7. What does Bellarosa tell John about his plan to cooperate with the government?
8. In Chapter 29, what happens when Bellarosa watches the news?
9. Why does John become upset about Bellarosa's fifty dollar bet on the day of his arrest?
10. In Chapter 33, what happens when John visits the yacht club?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)