|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John explain to Anna why he looks familiar to her?
(a) He ignores it entirely.
(b) He jokes that they are related.
(c) He admits to trespassing on Easter.
(d) He says he looks common.
2. In Chapter 14, what decision does John make about having drinks at Bellarosa's?
(a) To bring a bottle of wine.
(b) To go alone.
(c) To show up late.
(d) To go there with Susan.
3. What does Melzer offer John the first time they meet?
(a) A partnership.
(b) A new car.
(c) A check.
(d) A vacation.
4. What does Dominic refuse to do after the stables are moved?
(a) Do any more work.
(b) Send a message to Frank Bellarosa.
(c) Discuss the bill.
(d) Help with the horses.
5. What is Susan's horse's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Susan Sutter's family's house called?
2. Why does Susan tell John they can't go away for a few months in Chapter 21?
3. What does Anna serve John and Susan in Chapter 15?
4. What does Lester Remson do for a living?
5. In Chapter 18, what reason does John give for being surprised about the friendship developing between Susan and Anna?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bellarosa do when he sees John with Jenny at their hotel?
2. What does William Stanhope do with Stanhope Hall?
3. How does John feel about attending church service at St. Mark's?
4. What does Anna tell John she worries about in the new neighborhood in Chapter 17?
5. Why is Bellarosa good for Alhambra?
6. What happens at George Allard's funeral?
7. What happens when John visits Bellarosa's property on Easter?
8. How does Dominic help John in Chapter 13?
9. How does John feel when he is in court the day Bellarosa is arrested?
10. How does John first meet Bellarosa?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)