|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John ask Bellarosa about favors after dealing with the stables?
(a) If they are even.
(b) If Bellarosa will owe him another.
(c) If there is anything else he can do.
(d) If anyone knows about their deal.
2. What does John tell his children he might have to see?
(a) Their trust funds.
(b) Their summer home.
(c) Their plane.
(d) Their cars.
3. After talking about Susan's stables, why does John believe Bellarosa wants a relationship with him?
(c) As a cover.
(d) To show his power.
4. Where does Mr. Novac first visit John?
(a) At Mr. Novac's office.
(b) At the country club.
(c) At John's office.
(d) At home.
5. Where does John wake up on Easter Sunday?
(a) The country club.
(b) The ground.
(c) His own bed.
(d) Bellarosa's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John feel when Frank Bellarosa tells him he is moving next door?
2. What does Lester want to do with the old woman's stocks in Chapter 8?
3. When the Sutters children come home in Chapter 20, where do they go?
4. Who does Bellarosa say is setting him up in Juan's murder?
5. What does Bellarosa's arrival on the Gold Coast signify for John, Susan, and their friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John do to avoid being recognized by Anna the first time he visits the Bellarosas?
2. What do John and Susan discuss after Good Friday mass?
3. How does John feel about attending church service at St. Mark's?
4. What does Bellarosa tell John about Juan Carranza?
5. What happens when John's father calls him at the end of Chapter 21?
6. What advice does John give Susan about talking on the phone in Chapter 13?
7. How does John spend Easter?
8. How does John first meet Bellarosa?
9. What IRS problems does John have with Novac?
10. How does Bellarosa try to help John with his tax problems?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)