|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edward offer to do to help with John's tax problems?
(a) Sell the beach house.
(b) Defend him in court.
(c) Write the IRS.
(d) Take money from his trust fund.
2. In Chapter 13, why is John nervous about talking to Bellarosa on the phone about Dominic?
(a) He doesn't want to be friends with Bellarosa.
(b) He doesn't want Susan to hear him.
(c) In case the FBI is listening.
(d) He doesn't want to offend Bellarosa.
3. Why does John Sutter visit the nursery in Chapter 1?
(a) To go to work.
(b) To price out plants.
(c) To look into purchasing the nursery.
(d) To buy plants.
4. How does John feel when Frank Bellarosa tells him he is moving next door?
5. In Chapter 14, how does John feel about having drinks at Bellarosa's?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Novac first visit John?
2. Why does John want Susan to pay a social call on Bellarosa?
3. How many cars do John, Susan, and their servants take to St. Mark's in Chapter 4?
4. Why is Susan pleased Bellarosa moves in next door?
5. Where does Bellarosa take John while Anna shows Susan around in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bellarosa meets with John in Chapter 11?
2. What do the Sutters do for the weekend when their children visit in Chapter 20?
3. What does Anna tell John she worries about in the new neighborhood in Chapter 17?
4. Who is Bellarosa?
5. What happens when John's father calls him at the end of Chapter 21?
6. What happens when John visits Bellarosa's property on Easter?
7. When John visits Alhambra in Chapter 3, what does he find?
8. What advice does John give Susan about talking on the phone in Chapter 13?
9. What does Bellarosa ask John for in Chapter 19?
10. What does John tell Susan after leaving the Bellarosas in Chapter 17?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)