|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan admit about her childhood playhouse?
(a) That she forced her parents to build it.
(b) That she burned it down.
(c) That she hated it.
(d) That she hid drugs in the walls.
2. Why does Susan tell John they can't go away for a few months in Chapter 21?
(a) Their money problems.
(b) Their reputation.
(c) His promise to Bellarosa.
(d) His work.
3. Whose law firm does John work for?
(a) His grandfather's.
(b) His uncle's.
(c) His cousin's.
(d) His father's.
4. What does Lester Remson do for a living?
(a) He is a stockbroker.
(b) He is a business owner.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is an inventor.
5. How much money does Mr. Novac say John owes the IRS?
(a) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(b) One hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Fifty thousand dollars.
(d) Two hundred thousand dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Mr. Melzer used to work for?
2. What does Carolyn ask John about his personal life in Chapter 20?
3. How many acres of land was Susan given as a wedding gift?
4. What does John tell Lester Remson about living next door to Bellarosa?
5. Which club do John and Susan dine at in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John do to avoid being recognized by Anna the first time he visits the Bellarosas?
2. At the end of Chapter 14, how does Susan frustrate John?
3. What IRS problems does John have with Novac?
4. What are John's parent's like?
5. What happens when John's father calls him at the end of Chapter 21?
6. What happens when Bellarosa meets with John in Chapter 11?
7. What does Susan tell John about her childhood playhouse?
8. What does Bellarosa ask John for in Chapter 19?
9. In Chapter 5, how does John fear he insulted Lester?
10. Why is Bellarosa good for Alhambra?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)