|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lester want to do with the old woman's stocks in Chapter 8?
(a) Turn them into bonds.
(b) Put them in a museum.
(c) Re-invest them.
(d) Transfer them to cash.
2. In Chapter 7, how does John react when the Allards both fall ill?
(a) He sends them both to the doctor.
(b) He docks their pay.
(c) He tells Susan to take care of them.
(d) He takes care of them.
3. What is Susan's horse's name?
4. How does John explain to Anna why he looks familiar to her?
(a) He says he looks common.
(b) He jokes that they are related.
(c) He admits to trespassing on Easter.
(d) He ignores it entirely.
5. What does John tell his children he might have to see?
(a) Their plane.
(b) Their trust funds.
(c) Their cars.
(d) Their summer home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the stock certificates help John make up with Lester in Chapter 6?
2. What does John tell George to do if Bellarosa stops by for a second time?
3. In Chapter 3, how does John get to Alhambra?
4. What does John tell Lester Remson about living next door to Bellarosa?
5. What does John think about Susan's parent's estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bellarosa meets with John in Chapter 11?
2. What does Susan decide to do as a housewarming gift to the Bellarosas?
3. What does Bellarosa tell John about Juan Carranza?
4. When Susan first learns about Bellarosa moving in, what is her biggest concern?
5. In Chapter 5, how does John fear he insulted Lester?
6. What IRS problems does John have with Novac?
7. In Chapter 8, what does Lester want to do with the stock certificates one of John's clients found?
8. What happens when John's father calls him at the end of Chapter 21?
9. What do John and Susan discuss after Good Friday mass?
10. What happens the first time Bellarosa comes by John's house?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)