|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, who makes arrangements for John and Susan to have drinks at Bellarosa's?
2. After talking about Susan's stables, why does John believe Bellarosa wants a relationship with him?
(b) To show his power.
(c) As a cover.
3. Why do men and dogs chase John in Chapter 10?
(a) For being a suspect.
(b) For being considered a missing person.
(c) For being on the Bellarosa property.
(d) For coming in the wrong door at his family's house.
4. What does Edward fish for in Chapter 21?
5. What does John tell Bellarosa about getting a club membership?
(a) That they would love him to join.
(b) That it is too expensive.
(c) That they will never let him in.
(d) That it's better to buy golf games as he needs them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bellarosa give John while he is playing tennis?
2. What is Susan's horse's name?
3. What does John ask Susan to do after Good Friday mass?
4. In Chapter 16, what does Bellarosa say will happen if John leaves his house?
5. How do the other country club members react to John meeting with Bellarosa at the club in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. When John visits Alhambra in Chapter 3, what does he find?
2. What does Susan decide to do as a housewarming gift to the Bellarosas?
3. What does Bellarosa tell John about Juan Carranza?
4. How does Bellarosa ask for John's help in the Juan Carranza case?
5. What does John do to avoid being recognized by Anna the first time he visits the Bellarosas?
6. How does John feel about attending church service at St. Mark's?
7. What does John tell Susan after leaving the Bellarosas in Chapter 17?
8. What happens the first time Bellarosa comes by John's house?
9. What happens when John visits Bellarosa's property on Easter?
10. What advice does John give Susan about talking on the phone in Chapter 13?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)