|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Mr. Novac say John owes the IRS?
(a) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Fifty thousand dollars.
(c) One hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Three hundred thousand dollars.
2. Who shows Susan the conservatory of the Bellarosa's house?
(d) She goes there herself.
3. Where is John's office located?
(a) Staten Island.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) In his house.
4. What does Susan say about the security at the Bellarosas in Chapter 18?
(a) It is high.
(b) It seems about average for the area.
(c) She says she never pays attention to that.
(d) There is hardly any at all.
5. When does Bellarosa say he wants John to represent him in the Juan case?
(b) For his appeal trial.
(c) After the grand jury indicts him.
(d) If the case goes to a jury trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edward offer to do to help with John's tax problems?
2. In Chapter 14, what decision does John make about having drinks at Bellarosa's?
3. Which club do John and Susan dine at in Chapter 5?
4. How do the stock certificates help John make up with Lester in Chapter 6?
5. Why is Susan pleased Bellarosa moves in next door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when John visits Bellarosa's property on Easter?
2. How does John spend Easter?
3. What does John tell Susan after leaving the Bellarosas in Chapter 17?
4. What are John's parent's like?
5. What surprises John about Stanhope Hall in Chapter 14?
6. What does Susan decide to do as a housewarming gift to the Bellarosas?
7. When John visits Alhambra in Chapter 3, what does he find?
8. How does Bellarosa try to help John with his tax problems?
9. In Chapter 8, what does Lester want to do with the stock certificates one of John's clients found?
10. Who is Bellarosa?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)