|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, why is John nervous about talking to Bellarosa on the phone about Dominic?
(a) He doesn't want Susan to hear him.
(b) He doesn't want to offend Bellarosa.
(c) In case the FBI is listening.
(d) He doesn't want to be friends with Bellarosa.
2. Whose law firm does John work for?
(a) His uncle's.
(b) His cousin's.
(c) His father's.
(d) His grandfather's.
3. Why do John and Susan attend service at St. Mark's?
(a) Because it is close to home.
(b) Because they always have.
(c) Because Susan insists.
(d) Because the reverand gives the best sermon.
4. What does John do before going to his aunt's for Easter?
(a) Takes a nap
(b) Meets with Bellarosa.
(c) Goes to the bar.
(d) Buys Susan a present.
5. Why does John feel happy to be alive in Chapter 10?
(a) Because of something his sister says to him.
(b) Because someone shot at him.
(c) Because of his relationship with his wife.
(d) Because of the Easter spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Susan pleased Bellarosa moves in next door?
2. Which club do John and Susan dine at in Chapter 5?
3. Why does John Sutter visit the nursery in Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Susan tell John he needs to feel less disillusioned?
5. What does Susan want to do for the Bellarosas as a housewarming gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Susan first learns about Bellarosa moving in, what is her biggest concern?
2. What happens the first time Bellarosa comes by John's house?
3. Who is Bellarosa?
4. What does Bellarosa tell John about Juan Carranza?
5. What does John tell Susan after leaving the Bellarosas in Chapter 17?
6. How does Bellarosa try to help John with his tax problems?
7. What surprises John about Stanhope Hall in Chapter 14?
8. How does John feel about attending church service at St. Mark's?
9. How does John first meet Bellarosa?
10. What IRS problems does John have with Novac?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)