|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which club do John and Susan dine at in Chapter 5?
(a) The Deer Club.
(b) The Crescent Club.
(c) The Creek Club.
(d) The Diamond Club.
2. What does Melzer offer John the first time they meet?
(a) A check.
(b) A new car.
(c) A vacation.
(d) A partnership.
3. Why does John want Susan to pay a social call on Bellarosa?
(a) Because he wants to scare her.
(b) Because it's the proper thing to do.
(c) Because he wants her to realize Bellarosa is a normal person.
(d) Because he is too afraid to do it.
4. How does John describe having a business relationship with Bellarosa?
5. While visiting the Bellarosas in Chapter 15, what does John ask Frank Bellarosa about?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John treat his family during Easter in Chapter 10?
2. In Chapter 16, what does Bellarosa say will happen if John leaves his house?
3. Where is John's office located?
4. Where does Mr. Novac first visit John?
5. What does John think about Susan's parent's estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Susan first learns about Bellarosa moving in, what is her biggest concern?
2. Who is Bellarosa?
3. How does Bellarosa ask for John's help in the Juan Carranza case?
4. How does John first meet Bellarosa?
5. What does Anna tell John she worries about in the new neighborhood in Chapter 17?
6. At the end of Chapter 14, how does Susan frustrate John?
7. How does John feel about attending church service at St. Mark's?
8. In Chapter 8, what does Lester want to do with the stock certificates one of John's clients found?
9. What does Bellarosa tell John about Juan Carranza?
10. What IRS problems does John have with Novac?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)