|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Susan's horse's name?
2. Why is Susan pleased Bellarosa moves in next door?
(a) Susan dislikes Bellarosa moving in next door.
(b) Because the estate won't be divided.
(c) Because he will provide safety.
(d) Because it is entertaining.
3. What does Susan fear Frank Bellarosa won't understand?
(a) The English language.
(b) The value of his art.
(c) The rights of horseriders.
(d) The proper way to behave.
4. In Chapter 2, what does John wonder about Frank Bellarosa?
(a) How many times he has been to jail.
(b) How he'll feel about not being accepted.
(c) How long he will live in the neighborhood.
(d) How old he is.
5. Who did Mr. Melzer used to work for?
(a) The President.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The Mayor.
(d) The IRS.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John wake up on Easter Sunday?
2. In Chapter 13, what day of the week does John suppose Susan's stables will be moved?
3. How many acres of land was Susan given as a wedding gift?
4. What does John tell Bellarosa about getting a club membership?
5. Who shows Susan the conservatory of the Bellarosa's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when John visits Bellarosa's property on Easter?
2. What does Bellarosa ask John for in Chapter 19?
3. What does John tell Susan after leaving the Bellarosas in Chapter 17?
4. What does Anna tell John she worries about in the new neighborhood in Chapter 17?
5. At the end of Chapter 14, how does Susan frustrate John?
6. How does Dominic help John in Chapter 13?
7. What does Susan decide to do as a housewarming gift to the Bellarosas?
8. What advice does John give Susan about talking on the phone in Chapter 13?
9. Why is Bellarosa good for Alhambra?
10. How does John first meet Bellarosa?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)