|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Susan pleased Bellarosa moves in next door?
(a) Susan dislikes Bellarosa moving in next door.
(b) Because it is entertaining.
(c) Because he will provide safety.
(d) Because the estate won't be divided.
2. What does Susan say Bellarosa wants from John in Chapter 13?
(a) His house.
(b) His money.
(c) His soul.
(d) His wife.
3. Where does John's sister, Emily, live?
(b) New Mexico.
4. How do the stock certificates help John make up with Lester in Chapter 6?
(a) Because of the funny story John tells about the stocks.
(b) Because of the business deal they make.
(c) Because Lester is excited about the stocks.
(d) Because John promises to give Lester the stocks.
5. What do the Bellarosa's use the ballroom for in their estate?
(a) A dining room.
(b) An art room.
(c) A ballroom.
(d) A living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bellarosa say the mafia differs from other criminals?
2. Where does Mr. Novac first visit John?
3. What does John tell Bellarosa about getting a club membership?
4. Which club do John and Susan dine at in Chapter 5?
5. Which shore of Long Island does John Sutter live on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bellarosa meets with John in Chapter 11?
2. What surprises John about Stanhope Hall in Chapter 14?
3. How does Bellarosa ask for John's help in the Juan Carranza case?
4. What do the Sutters do for the weekend when their children visit in Chapter 20?
5. What are John's parent's like?
6. What does Bellarosa ask John for in Chapter 19?
7. In Chapter 5, how does John fear he insulted Lester?
8. In Chapter 8, what does Lester want to do with the stock certificates one of John's clients found?
9. How does John first meet Bellarosa?
10. What advice does John give Susan about talking on the phone in Chapter 13?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)