|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Bellarosa say he wants John to represent him in the Juan case?
(a) If the case goes to a jury trial.
(b) After the grand jury indicts him.
(d) For his appeal trial.
2. What does John notice about Bellarosa's Neptune statue in Chapter 10?
(a) That he removed it.
(b) That he smashed it.
(c) That he painted it.
(d) That he fixed it.
3. How many acres of land was Susan given as a wedding gift?
4. What does Susan admit about her childhood playhouse?
(a) That she forced her parents to build it.
(b) That she hated it.
(c) That she burned it down.
(d) That she hid drugs in the walls.
5. What does Carolyn ask John about his personal life in Chapter 20?
(a) How he gets along with Susan.
(b) Why he is friends with Bellarosa.
(c) How much money he makes.
(d) Why he didn't pay his taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan say about the security at the Bellarosas in Chapter 18?
2. Where does Mr. Novac first visit John?
3. In Chapter 13, why does Bellarosa tell John he will send a builder over?
4. In Chapter 7, how does John react when the Allards both fall ill?
5. What does Bellarosa give John while he is playing tennis?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how does John fear he insulted Lester?
2. What do the Sutters do for the weekend when their children visit in Chapter 20?
3. What are John's parent's like?
4. What does Bellarosa ask John for in Chapter 19?
5. What happens when John visits Bellarosa's property on Easter?
6. What happens when Bellarosa meets with John in Chapter 11?
7. How does John spend Easter?
8. What advice does John give Susan about talking on the phone in Chapter 13?
9. What does Susan tell John about her childhood playhouse?
10. What does John tell Susan after leaving the Bellarosas in Chapter 17?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)