|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what decade does John describe as being lavish to Bellarosa?
(a) The 30s.
(b) The 50s.
(c) The 20s.
(d) The 40s.
2. What upsets John about the loss of his boat?
(a) It was a wedding present.
(b) He worked for months to pay for it.
(c) It was his father's.
(d) It was place of refuge.
3. What does William Stanhope offer to leave to the Allards?
(a) The gatehouse.
(b) The stables.
(c) Ten thousand dollars.
(d) A car.
4. What does Jack Weinstein explain to John at the Plaza Hotel?
(a) How the mafia works.
(b) How to stay hidden.
(c) How to talk to the media.
(d) How criminal cases usually work.
5. In Chapter 33, what happens to John's boat?
(a) Bellarosa offers to buy it.
(b) Someone steals it.
(c) Susan tries to sell it.
(d) The IRS seizes it.
6. While staying at the Plaza hotel, what does John realize about his involvement with Bellarosa?
(a) He doesn't like Bellarosa anymore.
(b) He is in too deep.
(c) He is confused over his involvement.
(d) He was trying to prove something to his wife.
7. In Chapter 32, what does Ferragamo offer Bellarosa a deal for?
(b) A statement to the press.
(c) He doesn't offer a deal.
(d) Reliable information.
8. In Chapter 27, how does John react when Ferragamo calls Bellarosa?
9. Where do Bellarosa and John go after John gets bail for Bellarosa?
(a) John's office.
(b) Their houses.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The country club.
10. In Chapter 27, what does Bellarosa say John could handle better?
(b) Controlling his anger in court.
(c) Questions from the press.
(d) Flirting with the judge.
11. Why can't John go to sleep while staying at the Plaza Hotel?
(a) Bellarosa's brother in law is in his room.
(b) The room is too loud.
(c) He has to work.
(d) Bellarosa won't stop talking to him.
12. In Chapter 32, what does Bellarosa tell John about revenge?
(a) That it's a bad idea.
(b) That it's only for professionals.
(c) That it's the foundation of society.
(d) That it's best served cold.
13. What does Susan tell John over the phone in Chapter 30?
(a) That she wants him to stop the case.
(b) That he will do well in court.
(c) That they have to talk.
(d) That she misses him.
14. Why does Bellarosa say he can no longer pay his bills in Chapter 36?
(a) He is giving all his money away.
(b) He made bad investments.
(c) His accountant is out of town.
(d) The government won't let him.
15. In Chapter 25, what does Melzer tell John about his IRS audit?
(a) That it doesn't seem random.
(b) That it was an act of revenge.
(c) That they happen all the time.
(d) That he has to keep his records for seven years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bellarosa say the murder charge has done to his assets?
2. Why do the Stanhopes discuss the sale of their property to Bellarosa with John?
3. What does Susan ask John at Giulio's after the ambulance leaves?
4. What does John do when Melzer calls him with an IRS settlement offer?
5. What will happen when Bellarosa sells Stanhope Hall?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)