|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John learn Bellarosa has a snitch?
(a) The country club.
(b) The local news station.
(c) The court house.
(d) Ferragamo's office.
2. After coming home at the end of Chapter 24, what does John threaten to do?
(a) Hire new servants.
(b) Sell the house.
(c) Stop working for Bellarosa.
3. Why do Bellarosa and John wait for the midnight papers to come out?
(a) To read the different stories about Bellarosa's arrest.
(b) To help them stay awake all night.
(c) To get the weather report.
(d) To look for hidden messages.
4. In Chapter 22, what decade does John describe as being lavish to Bellarosa?
(a) The 20s.
(b) The 50s.
(c) The 40s.
(d) The 30s.
5. In Chapter 25, what does Melzer tell John about his IRS audit?
(a) That he has to keep his records for seven years.
(b) That it was an act of revenge.
(c) That they happen all the time.
(d) That it doesn't seem random.
6. What does Bellarosa tell John he wants him to do in regard to his bail?
(a) To pay half the funds himself.
(b) To not post one.
(c) To make sure he can post one.
(d) To alert the press when he is released.
7. In Chapter 32, what does Bellarosa tell John about revenge?
(a) That it's best served cold.
(b) That it's a bad idea.
(c) That it's only for professionals.
(d) That it's the foundation of society.
8. What does Bellarosa ask John when he takes Jenny back to his hotel room?
(a) How old she is.
(b) Why he's with her.
(c) What time it is.
(d) What is wrong.
9. At the beginning of Chapter 37, where does Susan say she is going?
(a) To a museum.
(b) To her sister's house.
(c) For a ride.
(d) Out to eat.
10. What upsets John about the loss of his boat?
(a) It was place of refuge.
(b) It was his father's.
(c) It was a wedding present.
(d) He worked for months to pay for it.
11. In Chapter 23, what does Mancuso tell John about the mafia?
(a) That they aren't as powerful as they were.
(b) That they follow rules.
(c) That they have been romanticized.
(d) That Bellarosa is too influential.
12. What does William Stanhope believe about Bellarosa's business sense?
(a) That it will get him in trouble.
(b) That it should serve as a lesson to John.
(c) That it's among the finest.
(d) That it isn't good.
13. How does John learn that he is separated from Susan?
(a) Bellarosa tells him.
(b) He reads about it in the newspaper.
(c) Susan tells him.
(d) Jenny tells him.
14. Why are Bellarosa's men angry when the FBI arrests him?
(a) Because there is only one agent.
(b) Because there are helicopters.
(c) Because they handcuff Bellarosa.
(d) Because they make the men stand back.
15. Where do Bellarosa and John have coffee with priests?
(a) At a church.
(b) At the Plaza Hotel.
(c) At a small diner.
(d) At a cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, what does Mancuso suggest John do to Bellarosa's property?
2. What time does Bellarosa tell John to be at his house every week until his arrest?
3. What does Bellarosa tell John the first time he acknowledges John's belief of an affair with Susan?
4. What does John tell Susan when they return home from Giulio's in Chapter 34?
5. How many of Bellarosa's men go with John after Bellarosa is arrested?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)