|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 36, what does Susan tell John about visiting Bellarosa?
(a) She says she still visits him.
(b) She says Bellarosa has been turning away visitors.
(c) She says John should visit more.
(d) She says the feds don't allow visitors.
2. Where does John tell Bellarosa he knows about the IRS set up?
(a) At the Plaza Hotel.
(b) In Brooklyn.
(c) In the court room.
(d) At Bellarosa's house.
3. What does John think of the price he sells the summer house for?
(a) That it is fair.
(b) John doesn't sell the summer house.
(c) That they paid too little.
(d) That they paid too much.
4. How much money does Bellarosa bet John in Chapter 26 about the day of his arrest?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Twenty five dollars.
(c) One hundred and fifty dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
5. Why are Bellarosa's men angry when the FBI arrests him?
(a) Because there are helicopters.
(b) Because there is only one agent.
(c) Because they handcuff Bellarosa.
(d) Because they make the men stand back.
6. What does Susan ask John at Giulio's after the ambulance leaves?
(a) If he tried to help anyone involved.
(b) If he is afraid.
(c) If he tried to save Bellarosa's life.
(d) If he was hurt.
7. Where do Bellarosa and John have coffee with priests?
(a) At a church.
(b) At a cafe.
(c) At a small diner.
(d) At the Plaza Hotel.
8. In Chapter 37, how many times is Bellarosa shot?
9. Where does John learn Bellarosa has a snitch?
(a) Ferragamo's office.
(b) The local news station.
(c) The country club.
(d) The court house.
10. How does John learn that he is separated from Susan?
(a) Bellarosa tells him.
(b) Susan tells him.
(c) He reads about it in the newspaper.
(d) Jenny tells him.
11. In Chapter 24, how does John feel about dining with the Stanhopes?
(a) He feels like its an obligation.
(b) He isn't sure why they are meeting.
(c) He refuses to talk during the meal.
(d) He looks forward to discussing politics with them.
12. In Chapter 27, what does Bellarosa say John could handle better?
(a) Flirting with the judge.
(b) Questions from the press.
(d) Controlling his anger in court.
13. What does Ferragamo interrupt John doing in Chapter 27?
(a) Talking to his wife on the phone.
(b) Meeting with Bellarosa.
(c) Making his case to the judge.
(d) Filling out paperwork.
14. In Chapter 28, why does Bellarosa suggest John call Ferragamo?
(a) To show respect.
(b) To find out the next court date.
(c) To insult him.
(d) To get information about the case.
15. What is the first thing John does when he returns home in Chapter 33?
(a) He packs a bag.
(b) He takes a nap.
(c) He looks at the backyard.
(d) He tries to call Susan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bellarosa decide to stay at the Plaza Hotel?
2. In Chapter 24, how does John treat William Stanhope at dinner?
3. Why does Bellarosa agree to tell Susan that their affair is over?
4. What does Susan tell John about Bellarosa in the orchard in Chapter 33?
5. Why does Bellarosa say he can no longer pay his bills in Chapter 36?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)