|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what does Bellarosa predict Ferragamo will try to do to him?
(a) Fine him excessively.
(b) Seize his property.
(c) Force and IRS audit.
(d) Hit him with jail time.
2. What proceedings does Bellarosa say Ferragamo will probably start on him?
3. How does John learn that he is separated from Susan?
(a) Susan tells him.
(b) He reads about it in the newspaper.
(c) Bellarosa tells him.
(d) Jenny tells him.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 37, where does Susan say she is going?
(a) For a ride.
(b) Out to eat.
(c) To a museum.
(d) To her sister's house.
5. Where do Bellarosa and John have coffee with priests?
(a) At a church.
(b) At a cafe.
(c) At the Plaza Hotel.
(d) At a small diner.
6. In Chapter 26, what does John realize about Ferragamo?
(a) He is videotaping John's property.
(b) He has been getting Anna on his side.
(c) He is keeping him from getting to court on time.
(d) He has been forging documents.
7. In Chapter 24, how does John feel about dining with the Stanhopes?
(a) He feels like its an obligation.
(b) He refuses to talk during the meal.
(c) He looks forward to discussing politics with them.
(d) He isn't sure why they are meeting.
8. What does Mancuso do to Bellarosa before arresting him?
(a) Handcuffs him.
(b) Laughs in his face.
(c) Reads him his rights in Italian.
(d) Lets him spend time with his wife.
9. What does Bellarosa say he will keep full of bail funds until his arrest?
(a) A safe.
(b) An envelope.
(c) A briefcase.
(d) A wallet.
10. Where do Bellarosa and John go after John gets bail for Bellarosa?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) John's office.
(c) Their houses.
(d) The country club.
11. When Frank tells John that Edward told him they may sell the summerhouse, how does John react?
(a) He tells Frank it's true.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is angry that Edward told.
(d) He goes home and yells at Susan.
12. What do John and Jenny talk about in John's hotel room?
(d) The law.
13. How does Susan act when John sees her at Bellarosa's with his body?
14. Why does John decide to stop talking to people while he stays at the Plaza Hotel?
(a) It may not be wise.
(b) He thinks the people there are boring.
(c) Bellarosa tells him to stop.
(d) He doesn't have anything else to say to them.
15. In Chapter 23, what does Mancuso tell John about the mafia?
(a) That Bellarosa is too influential.
(b) That they have been romanticized.
(c) That they follow rules.
(d) That they aren't as powerful as they were.
Short Answer Questions
1. After coming home at the end of Chapter 24, what does John threaten to do?
2. Why do the Stanhopes discuss the sale of their property to Bellarosa with John?
3. What time does Bellarosa tell John to be at his house every week until his arrest?
4. What does John think of the price he sells the summer house for?
5. Why are Bellarosa's men angry when the FBI arrests him?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)