|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bellarosa tell John the first time he acknowledges John's belief of an affair with Susan?
(a) That John is right, but it will continue.
(b) That Susan is too classy for that.
(c) That Susan has to be the one to tell him the truth.
(d) That John should get those ideas out of his head.
2. When Bellarosa meets with people in the restaurant in Chapter 28, what does John assume is happening?
(a) That Bellarosa is ignoring him.
(b) That Bellarosa is sharing family secrets.
(c) That Bellarosa is preparing to go to jail.
(d) That Bellarosa is showing off.
3. In Chapter 32, what does Bellarosa tell John about revenge?
(a) That it's only for professionals.
(b) That it's best served cold.
(c) That it's a bad idea.
(d) That it's the foundation of society.
4. In Chapter 23, what story does Mancuso tell John about Bellarosa?
(a) About the time Bellarosa was in prison.
(b) About the time Bellarosa lied under oath.
(c) About the time Bellarosa cheated on his wife.
(d) About the time Bellarosa beat a man.
5. In Chapter 22, what decade does John describe as being lavish to Bellarosa?
(a) The 20s.
(b) The 50s.
(c) The 30s.
(d) The 40s.
6. What does Jack Weinstein explain to John at the Plaza Hotel?
(a) How to talk to the media.
(b) How the mafia works.
(c) How to stay hidden.
(d) How criminal cases usually work.
7. After coming home at the end of Chapter 24, what does John threaten to do?
(a) Hire new servants.
(b) Stop working for Bellarosa.
(c) Sell the house.
8. How much money does Bellarosa bet John in Chapter 26 about the day of his arrest?
(a) Twenty five dollars.
(b) One hundred and fifty dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
9. In Chapter 33, what happens to John's boat?
(a) Someone steals it.
(b) Bellarosa offers to buy it.
(c) Susan tries to sell it.
(d) The IRS seizes it.
10. What do John and Jenny talk about in John's hotel room?
(a) The law.
11. In Chapter 26, what does John realize about Ferragamo?
(a) He is videotaping John's property.
(b) He has been getting Anna on his side.
(c) He has been forging documents.
(d) He is keeping him from getting to court on time.
12. What does John do when Bellarosa says he owes him in Chapter 35?
(a) He says he'll think of something.
(b) He says he wants money.
(c) He says he wants Bellarosa to stay away from Susan.
(d) He says not to worry about it.
13. Why does Bellarosa decide to stay at the Plaza Hotel?
(a) To give it bad press.
(b) For a vacation.
(c) To meet with people.
(d) To hide from the feds.
14. Why does Bellarosa tell John he will be going to Italy?
(a) To take care of business.
(b) To live in the witness protection program.
(c) To vacation with his wife.
(d) To start a winery.
15. Why does John leave his car behind in Chapter 27?
(a) To confuse Ferragamo's men.
(b) Because one of the tires is flat.
(c) To get to court on time.
(d) Because it is out of gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Frank tells John that Edward told him they may sell the summerhouse, how does John react?
2. What does William Stanhope offer to leave to the Allards?
3. In Chapter 36, when John visits Bellarosa, who is all around him?
4. What does Ferragamo interrupt John doing in Chapter 27?
5. In Chapter 24, how does John feel about dining with the Stanhopes?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)