|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what decade does John describe as being lavish to Bellarosa?
(a) The 30s.
(b) The 40s.
(c) The 20s.
(d) The 50s.
2. What does Mancuso do to Bellarosa before arresting him?
(a) Reads him his rights in Italian.
(b) Handcuffs him.
(c) Laughs in his face.
(d) Lets him spend time with his wife.
3. What does John do when Melzer calls him with an IRS settlement offer?
(a) He hangs up on Melzer.
(b) He counter-offers.
(c) He says he wants to take it to court.
(d) He agrees to the terms.
4. In Chapter 26, what does Bellarosa predict Ferragamo will try to do to him?
(a) Hit him with jail time.
(b) Fine him excessively.
(c) Seize his property.
(d) Force and IRS audit.
5. Why does John leave his car behind in Chapter 27?
(a) To get to court on time.
(b) Because one of the tires is flat.
(c) To confuse Ferragamo's men.
(d) Because it is out of gas.
6. What upsets John about the loss of his boat?
(a) It was place of refuge.
(b) It was his father's.
(c) He worked for months to pay for it.
(d) It was a wedding present.
7. What does Susan tell John about Bellarosa in the orchard in Chapter 33?
(a) That Bellarosa said he loves Susan.
(b) That they are not having an affair.
(c) That they are having an affair.
(d) That Susan said she loves Bellarosa.
8. Where do Bellarosa and John go after John gets bail for Bellarosa?
(a) John's office.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) Their houses.
(d) The country club.
9. Why does Bellarosa decide to stay at the Plaza Hotel?
(a) To give it bad press.
(b) To hide from the feds.
(c) To meet with people.
(d) For a vacation.
10. In Chapter 30, what dream does John have about his wife?
(a) That she is selling their house.
(b) That she is sick.
(c) That she is leaving him.
(d) That she is having an affair with Bellarosa.
11. In Chapter 32, what does Ferragamo offer Bellarosa a deal for?
(a) A statement to the press.
(b) Reliable information.
(c) He doesn't offer a deal.
12. In Chapter 27, what does the court marshal tell John?
(a) That Bellarosa is somewhere else.
(b) That he is too late.
(c) That he isn't qualified.
(d) That he will go to jail too.
13. What does Bellarosa tell John the first time he acknowledges John's belief of an affair with Susan?
(a) That John is right, but it will continue.
(b) That Susan is too classy for that.
(c) That Susan has to be the one to tell him the truth.
(d) That John should get those ideas out of his head.
14. What does Bellarosa tell John he wants him to do in regard to his bail?
(a) To not post one.
(b) To make sure he can post one.
(c) To alert the press when he is released.
(d) To pay half the funds himself.
15. How does Susan act when John sees her at Bellarosa's with his body?
Short Answer Questions
1. While staying at the Plaza Hotel, what does John discover in his suitcase?
2. When Frank tells John that Edward told him they may sell the summerhouse, how does John react?
3. How much money does Bellarosa bet John in Chapter 26 about the day of his arrest?
4. Where does John first meet Jenny Alvarez?
5. In Chapter 37, how many times is Bellarosa shot?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)