|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Bellarosa's men go with John after Bellarosa is arrested?
2. Why does Bellarosa agree to tell Susan that their affair is over?
(a) Because Anna asks him to.
(b) Because he wants to make things right.
(c) Because there isn't an affair.
(d) Because he owes John.
3. Where does John first meet Jenny Alvarez?
(a) At a hotel bar.
(b) At the court house.
(c) At the country club.
(d) At church.
4. Why does Bellarosa decide to stay at the Plaza Hotel?
(a) For a vacation.
(b) To hide from the feds.
(c) To give it bad press.
(d) To meet with people.
5. In Chapter 23, what does Mancuso tell John about the mafia?
(a) That they have been romanticized.
(b) That they aren't as powerful as they were.
(c) That they follow rules.
(d) That Bellarosa is too influential.
6. What do John and Jenny talk about in John's hotel room?
(c) The law.
7. How does Susan act when John sees her at Bellarosa's with his body?
8. What proceedings does Bellarosa say Ferragamo will probably start on him?
9. What does Mancuso do to Bellarosa before arresting him?
(a) Laughs in his face.
(b) Lets him spend time with his wife.
(c) Handcuffs him.
(d) Reads him his rights in Italian.
10. What does John do to his boat in Chapter 33?
(a) Hides it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Sinks it.
(d) Sells it.
11. Why do the Stanhopes discuss the sale of their property to Bellarosa with John?
(a) Because they know John works for Bellarosa.
(b) Because they wanted to upset John.
(c) Because they had the change their wills.
(d) Because Susan arranged it.
12. In Chapter 37, how many times is Bellarosa shot?
13. At the end of Chapter 24, what does John do?
(a) Leave the house.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Destroy some of his furniture.
(d) Go for a walk.
14. In Chapter 32, what does Bellarosa tell John about revenge?
(a) That it's the foundation of society.
(b) That it's a bad idea.
(c) That it's best served cold.
(d) That it's only for professionals.
15. What is the first thing John does when he returns home in Chapter 33?
(a) He looks at the backyard.
(b) He takes a nap.
(c) He packs a bag.
(d) He tries to call Susan.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 30, where do Bellarosa and John drive around?
2. What does John think of the price he sells the summer house for?
3. Where does John learn Bellarosa has a snitch?
4. In Chapter 33, what happens to John's boat?
5. What time does Bellarosa tell John to be at his house every week until his arrest?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)