|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 30, what dream does John have about his wife?
(a) That she is selling their house.
(b) That she is leaving him.
(c) That she is sick.
(d) That she is having an affair with Bellarosa.
2. Where does John first meet Jenny Alvarez?
(a) At the court house.
(b) At the country club.
(c) At church.
(d) At a hotel bar.
3. Why does Bellarosa decide to stay at the Plaza Hotel?
(a) To meet with people.
(b) To hide from the feds.
(c) For a vacation.
(d) To give it bad press.
4. What is the first thing John does when he returns home in Chapter 33?
(a) He looks at the backyard.
(b) He takes a nap.
(c) He tries to call Susan.
(d) He packs a bag.
5. Why does Ferragamo say he keeps postponing the Bellarosa trial?
(a) Bellarosa keeps stalling with technicalities.
(b) He wants to make a deal instead.
(c) They need to obtain more evidence.
(d) The witnesses are too afraid to testify.
6. At the beginning of Chapter 37, where does Susan say she is going?
(a) To a museum.
(b) Out to eat.
(c) To her sister's house.
(d) For a ride.
7. In Chapter 26, what does Bellarosa predict Ferragamo will try to do to him?
(a) Hit him with jail time.
(b) Fine him excessively.
(c) Force and IRS audit.
(d) Seize his property.
8. What does Bellarosa do at the end of Chapter 32?
(a) He refuses to make any deals in court.
(b) He invited John to go to Europe.
(c) He invites John and Susan to dinner.
(d) He writes a press release statement.
9. What does Jack Weinstein explain to John at the Plaza Hotel?
(a) How to talk to the media.
(b) How the mafia works.
(c) How criminal cases usually work.
(d) How to stay hidden.
10. How much money does Bellarosa bet John in Chapter 26 about the day of his arrest?
(a) Twenty five dollars.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) One hundred and fifty dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
11. In Chapter 36, when John visits Bellarosa, who is all around him?
(b) No one.
(c) Federal agents.
(d) His family.
12. While staying at the Plaza Hotel, what does John discover in his suitcase?
(a) A picture of his children.
(b) A note from Susan.
(c) Nothing, someone emptied it.
(d) A plane ticket.
13. In Chapter 37, how many times is Bellarosa shot?
14. After coming home at the end of Chapter 24, what does John threaten to do?
(a) Sell the house.
(b) Stop working for Bellarosa.
(c) Hire new servants.
15. What does John tell Susan when they return home from Giulio's in Chapter 34?
(a) That Bellarosa left the hospital.
(b) That Bellarosa is alive still.
(c) That she should bring him a glass of wine.
(d) That she was right about giving first aid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mancuso do to Bellarosa before arresting him?
2. Why are Bellarosa's men angry when the FBI arrests him?
3. In Chapter 22, what decade does John describe as being lavish to Bellarosa?
4. Why do Bellarosa and John wait for the midnight papers to come out?
5. What does William Stanhope believe about Bellarosa's business sense?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)