|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is shot first at Giulio's?
2. When Frank tells John that Edward told him they may sell the summerhouse, how does John react?
(a) He tells Frank it's true.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He goes home and yells at Susan.
(d) He is angry that Edward told.
3. In Chapter 35, why is Ferragamo after John?
(a) For delaying the trial.
(b) For not submitting evidence.
(c) For saving Bellarosa's life.
(d) For money.
4. In Chapter 36, what does Susan tell John about visiting Bellarosa?
(a) She says John should visit more.
(b) She says the feds don't allow visitors.
(c) She says she still visits him.
(d) She says Bellarosa has been turning away visitors.
5. What does John ask after Bellarosa says he will be going to Italy?
(a) If Anna will be going with him.
(b) If he will sell his house.
(c) If Susan will be going with him.
(d) If he will be able to pay the bills.
6. In Chapter 22, what decade does John describe as being lavish to Bellarosa?
(a) The 20s.
(b) The 30s.
(c) The 50s.
(d) The 40s.
7. What does Bellarosa do at the end of Chapter 32?
(a) He invites John and Susan to dinner.
(b) He writes a press release statement.
(c) He refuses to make any deals in court.
(d) He invited John to go to Europe.
8. What upsets John about the loss of his boat?
(a) It was a wedding present.
(b) It was his father's.
(c) He worked for months to pay for it.
(d) It was place of refuge.
9. Why does Bellarosa say he can no longer pay his bills in Chapter 36?
(a) The government won't let him.
(b) He made bad investments.
(c) His accountant is out of town.
(d) He is giving all his money away.
10. What does Bellarosa say he will keep full of bail funds until his arrest?
(a) An envelope.
(b) A wallet.
(c) A safe.
(d) A briefcase.
11. Where do Bellarosa and John have coffee with priests?
(a) At a small diner.
(b) At a church.
(c) At a cafe.
(d) At the Plaza Hotel.
12. Why does John decide to stop talking to people while he stays at the Plaza Hotel?
(a) He doesn't have anything else to say to them.
(b) Bellarosa tells him to stop.
(c) He thinks the people there are boring.
(d) It may not be wise.
13. What does Mancuso do to Bellarosa before arresting him?
(a) Laughs in his face.
(b) Lets him spend time with his wife.
(c) Reads him his rights in Italian.
(d) Handcuffs him.
14. What does Ethel say about Augustus Stanhope on the day of George's funeral?
(a) That he used to beat her.
(b) That they were lovers.
(c) That he had promised her money.
(d) That he was always kind.
15. At the beginning of Chapter 37, where does Susan say she is going?
(a) For a ride.
(b) To a museum.
(c) To her sister's house.
(d) Out to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 30, where do Bellarosa and John drive around?
2. Why do the Stanhopes discuss the sale of their property to Bellarosa with John?
3. In Chapter 32, what does Ferragamo offer Bellarosa a deal for?
4. How does John describe his night with Jenny in his hotel room?
5. Why does Bellarosa decide to stay at the Plaza Hotel?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)