|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 35, why is Ferragamo after John?
(a) For money.
(b) For saving Bellarosa's life.
(c) For delaying the trial.
(d) For not submitting evidence.
2. In Chapter 25, what does Melzer tell John about his IRS audit?
(a) That they happen all the time.
(b) That he has to keep his records for seven years.
(c) That it was an act of revenge.
(d) That it doesn't seem random.
3. In Chapter 23, what story does Mancuso tell John about Bellarosa?
(a) About the time Bellarosa beat a man.
(b) About the time Bellarosa cheated on his wife.
(c) About the time Bellarosa lied under oath.
(d) About the time Bellarosa was in prison.
4. What is the first thing John does when he returns home in Chapter 33?
(a) He looks at the backyard.
(b) He tries to call Susan.
(c) He packs a bag.
(d) He takes a nap.
5. What does Bellarosa say he will keep full of bail funds until his arrest?
(a) A wallet.
(b) An envelope.
(c) A safe.
(d) A briefcase.
6. What does Ethel say about Augustus Stanhope on the day of George's funeral?
(a) That he was always kind.
(b) That he had promised her money.
(c) That he used to beat her.
(d) That they were lovers.
7. In Chapter 23, what does Mancuso suggest John do to Bellarosa's property?
(a) Video tape it.
(b) Buy it.
(c) Bug it.
(d) Avoid it.
8. While staying at the Plaza hotel, what does John realize about his involvement with Bellarosa?
(a) He doesn't like Bellarosa anymore.
(b) He is in too deep.
(c) He is confused over his involvement.
(d) He was trying to prove something to his wife.
9. How does John learn that he is separated from Susan?
(a) Susan tells him.
(b) He reads about it in the newspaper.
(c) Jenny tells him.
(d) Bellarosa tells him.
10. In Chapter 35, why does John encourage Bellarosa to work with the government?
(a) For the money.
(b) For his safety.
(c) So he can move away.
(d) To end the trial quickly.
11. In Chapter 37, how many times is Bellarosa shot?
12. How does Susan act when John sees her at Bellarosa's with his body?
13. What does William Stanhope believe about Bellarosa's business sense?
(a) That it should serve as a lesson to John.
(b) That it's among the finest.
(c) That it isn't good.
(d) That it will get him in trouble.
14. What does John do in a life raft in Chapter 33?
(c) Chases his boat.
(d) Calls Susan.
15. In Chapter 30, where do Bellarosa and John drive around?
(a) The Bronx.
(d) Staten Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen when Bellarosa sells Stanhope Hall?
2. What does John do when Bellarosa says he owes him in Chapter 35?
3. Who is shot first at Giulio's?
4. Why does Bellarosa agree to tell Susan that their affair is over?
5. How much money does Bellarosa bet John in Chapter 26 about the day of his arrest?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)