|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John fear when Bellarosa says he will be going to Italy?
(a) That he will sell off more land.
(b) That he will take Susan with him.
(c) That he will force John to go with him.
(d) That he won't pay his fees.
2. While staying at the Plaza Hotel, what does John discover in his suitcase?
(a) A plane ticket.
(b) A note from Susan.
(c) A picture of his children.
(d) Nothing, someone emptied it.
3. In Chapter 36, what does Susan tell John about visiting Bellarosa?
(a) She says John should visit more.
(b) She says she still visits him.
(c) She says Bellarosa has been turning away visitors.
(d) She says the feds don't allow visitors.
4. How much money does Bellarosa bet John in Chapter 26 about the day of his arrest?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Twenty five dollars.
(c) One hundred and fifty dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
5. In Chapter 27, what does the court marshal tell John?
(a) That Bellarosa is somewhere else.
(b) That he will go to jail too.
(c) That he isn't qualified.
(d) That he is too late.
6. In Chapter 24, how does John treat William Stanhope at dinner?
(a) He asks him for advice.
(b) He offers him money.
(c) He throws food at him.
(d) He calls him names.
7. Where does John first meet Jenny Alvarez?
(a) At church.
(b) At a hotel bar.
(c) At the court house.
(d) At the country club.
8. In Chapter 27, what does Bellarosa say John could handle better?
(b) Flirting with the judge.
(c) Questions from the press.
(d) Controlling his anger in court.
9. Why can't John go to sleep while staying at the Plaza Hotel?
(a) He has to work.
(b) Bellarosa won't stop talking to him.
(c) The room is too loud.
(d) Bellarosa's brother in law is in his room.
10. What does Bellarosa say he will keep full of bail funds until his arrest?
(a) An envelope.
(b) A wallet.
(c) A briefcase.
(d) A safe.
11. Who is shot first at Giulio's?
12. In Chapter 32, what does Ferragamo offer Bellarosa a deal for?
(a) He doesn't offer a deal.
(b) Reliable information.
(c) A statement to the press.
13. When Bellarosa meets with people in the restaurant in Chapter 28, what does John assume is happening?
(a) That Bellarosa is showing off.
(b) That Bellarosa is sharing family secrets.
(c) That Bellarosa is preparing to go to jail.
(d) That Bellarosa is ignoring him.
14. Where do Bellarosa and John have coffee with priests?
(a) At the Plaza Hotel.
(b) At a cafe.
(c) At a church.
(d) At a small diner.
15. In Chapter 23, what story does Mancuso tell John about Bellarosa?
(a) About the time Bellarosa lied under oath.
(b) About the time Bellarosa cheated on his wife.
(c) About the time Bellarosa was in prison.
(d) About the time Bellarosa beat a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bellarosa give the priests a large check?
2. Who says they saw Bellarosa at home the day of Juan's murder?
3. What does Bellarosa say the murder charge has done to his assets?
4. How does John learn that he is separated from Susan?
5. What does John do when Melzer calls him with an IRS settlement offer?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)