|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do John and Jenny talk about in John's hotel room?
(c) The law.
2. In Chapter 23, what story does Mancuso tell John about Bellarosa?
(a) About the time Bellarosa cheated on his wife.
(b) About the time Bellarosa beat a man.
(c) About the time Bellarosa lied under oath.
(d) About the time Bellarosa was in prison.
3. Where does John first meet Jenny Alvarez?
(a) At the country club.
(b) At the court house.
(c) At church.
(d) At a hotel bar.
4. While staying at the Plaza hotel, what does John realize about his involvement with Bellarosa?
(a) He was trying to prove something to his wife.
(b) He is confused over his involvement.
(c) He doesn't like Bellarosa anymore.
(d) He is in too deep.
5. When Bellarosa meets with people in the restaurant in Chapter 28, what does John assume is happening?
(a) That Bellarosa is showing off.
(b) That Bellarosa is ignoring him.
(c) That Bellarosa is sharing family secrets.
(d) That Bellarosa is preparing to go to jail.
6. What is the first thing John does when he returns home in Chapter 33?
(a) He tries to call Susan.
(b) He takes a nap.
(c) He looks at the backyard.
(d) He packs a bag.
7. What does John think of the price he sells the summer house for?
(a) That they paid too little.
(b) That it is fair.
(c) That they paid too much.
(d) John doesn't sell the summer house.
8. In Chapter 30, where do Bellarosa and John drive around?
(b) Staten Island.
(d) The Bronx.
9. In Chapter 32, what does Ferragamo offer Bellarosa a deal for?
(a) A statement to the press.
(b) He doesn't offer a deal.
(d) Reliable information.
10. Why are Bellarosa's men angry when the FBI arrests him?
(a) Because there is only one agent.
(b) Because they make the men stand back.
(c) Because there are helicopters.
(d) Because they handcuff Bellarosa.
11. What will happen when Bellarosa sells Stanhope Hall?
(a) It will be auctioned off.
(b) It will become government property.
(c) It will return to Susan.
(d) It will be divided into smaller properties.
12. What does Jack Weinstein explain to John at the Plaza Hotel?
(a) How to talk to the media.
(b) How the mafia works.
(c) How criminal cases usually work.
(d) How to stay hidden.
13. In Chapter 35, why does John encourage Bellarosa to work with the government?
(a) To end the trial quickly.
(b) For his safety.
(c) So he can move away.
(d) For the money.
14. Why does John decide to stop talking to people while he stays at the Plaza Hotel?
(a) It may not be wise.
(b) Bellarosa tells him to stop.
(c) He doesn't have anything else to say to them.
(d) He thinks the people there are boring.
15. What does John fear when Bellarosa says he will be going to Italy?
(a) That he will force John to go with him.
(b) That he won't pay his fees.
(c) That he will take Susan with him.
(d) That he will sell off more land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What upsets John about the loss of his boat?
2. How does John learn that he is separated from Susan?
3. What does Susan ask John at Giulio's after the ambulance leaves?
4. Why does Bellarosa decide to stay at the Plaza Hotel?
5. In Chapter 35, why is Ferragamo after John?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)