|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John invite Jenny to his hotel room for a drink?
(a) To tell her information about Bellarosa.
(b) To prove he hasn't told her anything.
(c) To try to cheat on Susan.
(d) To find out what she knows about Bellarosa's case.
2. In Chapter 25, what does Melzer tell John about his IRS audit?
(a) That they happen all the time.
(b) That it doesn't seem random.
(c) That it was an act of revenge.
(d) That he has to keep his records for seven years.
3. Who says they saw Bellarosa at home the day of Juan's murder?
4. In Chapter 32, what does Ferragamo offer Bellarosa a deal for?
(a) He doesn't offer a deal.
(b) Reliable information.
(d) A statement to the press.
5. In Chapter 36, what does Susan tell John about visiting Bellarosa?
(a) She says she still visits him.
(b) She says Bellarosa has been turning away visitors.
(c) She says the feds don't allow visitors.
(d) She says John should visit more.
6. What does John do when Bellarosa says he owes him in Chapter 35?
(a) He says he wants money.
(b) He says not to worry about it.
(c) He says he'll think of something.
(d) He says he wants Bellarosa to stay away from Susan.
7. In Chapter 23, what does Mancuso tell John about the mafia?
(a) That they have been romanticized.
(b) That they aren't as powerful as they were.
(c) That they follow rules.
(d) That Bellarosa is too influential.
8. What is Fox Point?
(a) A country club.
(b) A new apartment complex.
(c) A new subdivision.
(d) A ruined estate.
9. When Bellarosa meets with people in the restaurant in Chapter 28, what does John assume is happening?
(a) That Bellarosa is showing off.
(b) That Bellarosa is sharing family secrets.
(c) That Bellarosa is preparing to go to jail.
(d) That Bellarosa is ignoring him.
10. What time does Bellarosa tell John to be at his house every week until his arrest?
(a) 7 am.
(b) 5 am.
(c) 6 am.
(d) 8 am.
11. In Chapter 28, why does Bellarosa suggest John call Ferragamo?
(a) To get information about the case.
(b) To find out the next court date.
(c) To show respect.
(d) To insult him.
12. In Chapter 36, when John visits Bellarosa, who is all around him?
(a) His family.
(b) Federal agents.
(d) No one.
13. In Chapter 22, what decade does John describe as being lavish to Bellarosa?
(a) The 30s.
(b) The 50s.
(c) The 20s.
(d) The 40s.
14. Why do Bellarosa and John wait for the midnight papers to come out?
(a) To get the weather report.
(b) To look for hidden messages.
(c) To help them stay awake all night.
(d) To read the different stories about Bellarosa's arrest.
15. In Chapter 37, how many times is Bellarosa shot?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bellarosa do at the end of Chapter 32?
2. What upsets Bellarosa about the news clip in Chapter 29?
3. Why do the Stanhopes discuss the sale of their property to Bellarosa with John?
4. In Chapter 27, what does Bellarosa say John could handle better?
5. In Chapter 23, what story does Mancuso tell John about Bellarosa?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)