|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 32, what does Bellarosa tell John about revenge?
(a) That it's best served cold.
(b) That it's only for professionals.
(c) That it's a bad idea.
(d) That it's the foundation of society.
2. Who answers the phone at Bellarosa's estate in Chapter 29?
(c) No one.
3. After coming home at the end of Chapter 24, what does John threaten to do?
(a) Stop working for Bellarosa.
(b) Sell the house.
(c) Hire new servants.
4. What does John do in a life raft in Chapter 33?
(a) Chases his boat.
(c) Calls Susan.
5. In Chapter 33, what happens to John's boat?
(a) The IRS seizes it.
(b) Someone steals it.
(c) Susan tries to sell it.
(d) Bellarosa offers to buy it.
6. In Chapter 36, what does Susan tell John about visiting Bellarosa?
(a) She says the feds don't allow visitors.
(b) She says John should visit more.
(c) She says she still visits him.
(d) She says Bellarosa has been turning away visitors.
7. What does John tell Susan when they return home from Giulio's in Chapter 34?
(a) That Bellarosa is alive still.
(b) That she was right about giving first aid.
(c) That she should bring him a glass of wine.
(d) That Bellarosa left the hospital.
8. At the end of Chapter 24, what does John do?
(a) Destroy some of his furniture.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Leave the house.
9. What does Jack Weinstein explain to John at the Plaza Hotel?
(a) How to stay hidden.
(b) How criminal cases usually work.
(c) How to talk to the media.
(d) How the mafia works.
10. In Chapter 36, when John visits Bellarosa, who is all around him?
(a) Federal agents.
(b) No one.
(c) His family.
11. Why does Bellarosa agree to tell Susan that their affair is over?
(a) Because he owes John.
(b) Because Anna asks him to.
(c) Because there isn't an affair.
(d) Because he wants to make things right.
12. What is the first thing John does when he returns home in Chapter 33?
(a) He looks at the backyard.
(b) He packs a bag.
(c) He tries to call Susan.
(d) He takes a nap.
13. What does John do when Melzer calls him with an IRS settlement offer?
(a) He counter-offers.
(b) He hangs up on Melzer.
(c) He says he wants to take it to court.
(d) He agrees to the terms.
14. In Chapter 30, where do Bellarosa and John drive around?
(b) Staten Island.
(d) The Bronx.
15. What will happen when Bellarosa sells Stanhope Hall?
(a) It will become government property.
(b) It will be auctioned off.
(c) It will be divided into smaller properties.
(d) It will return to Susan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John tell Bellarosa he knows about the IRS set up?
2. What does Bellarosa tell John he wants him to do in regard to his bail?
3. In Chapter 37, how many times is Bellarosa shot?
4. What does Susan ask John at Giulio's after the ambulance leaves?
5. Why does Ferragamo say he keeps postponing the Bellarosa trial?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)