|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, how does John feel about dining with the Stanhopes?
(a) He looks forward to discussing politics with them.
(b) He isn't sure why they are meeting.
(c) He feels like its an obligation.
(d) He refuses to talk during the meal.
2. Why are Bellarosa's men angry when the FBI arrests him?
(a) Because there is only one agent.
(b) Because they handcuff Bellarosa.
(c) Because they make the men stand back.
(d) Because there are helicopters.
3. What does Bellarosa tell John he wants him to do in regard to his bail?
(a) To alert the press when he is released.
(b) To not post one.
(c) To pay half the funds himself.
(d) To make sure he can post one.
4. Why does John leave his car behind in Chapter 27?
(a) Because one of the tires is flat.
(b) To get to court on time.
(c) Because it is out of gas.
(d) To confuse Ferragamo's men.
5. What does Bellarosa do at the end of Chapter 32?
(a) He refuses to make any deals in court.
(b) He writes a press release statement.
(c) He invites John and Susan to dinner.
(d) He invited John to go to Europe.
6. In Chapter 28, why does Bellarosa suggest John call Ferragamo?
(a) To get information about the case.
(b) To insult him.
(c) To show respect.
(d) To find out the next court date.
7. Where does John tell Bellarosa he knows about the IRS set up?
(a) At the Plaza Hotel.
(b) In Brooklyn.
(c) In the court room.
(d) At Bellarosa's house.
8. What does William Stanhope believe about Bellarosa's business sense?
(a) That it will get him in trouble.
(b) That it should serve as a lesson to John.
(c) That it isn't good.
(d) That it's among the finest.
9. Why does John invite Jenny to his hotel room for a drink?
(a) To try to cheat on Susan.
(b) To find out what she knows about Bellarosa's case.
(c) To tell her information about Bellarosa.
(d) To prove he hasn't told her anything.
10. Where does John learn Bellarosa has a snitch?
(a) The country club.
(b) Ferragamo's office.
(c) The local news station.
(d) The court house.
11. When Frank tells John that Edward told him they may sell the summerhouse, how does John react?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He tells Frank it's true.
(c) He goes home and yells at Susan.
(d) He is angry that Edward told.
12. What do John and Jenny talk about in John's hotel room?
(a) The law.
13. What does John ask after Bellarosa says he will be going to Italy?
(a) If he will be able to pay the bills.
(b) If Susan will be going with him.
(c) If Anna will be going with him.
(d) If he will sell his house.
14. In Chapter 26, what does Bellarosa predict Ferragamo will try to do to him?
(a) Fine him excessively.
(b) Force and IRS audit.
(c) Seize his property.
(d) Hit him with jail time.
15. When Bellarosa meets with people in the restaurant in Chapter 28, what does John assume is happening?
(a) That Bellarosa is preparing to go to jail.
(b) That Bellarosa is ignoring him.
(c) That Bellarosa is sharing family secrets.
(d) That Bellarosa is showing off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bellarosa say the murder charge has done to his assets?
2. In Chapter 23, what story does Mancuso tell John about Bellarosa?
3. In Chapter 22, what decade does John describe as being lavish to Bellarosa?
4. Who answers the phone at Bellarosa's estate in Chapter 29?
5. In Chapter 26, what does John realize about Ferragamo?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)