|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets John about the loss of his boat?
(a) He worked for months to pay for it.
(b) It was his father's.
(c) It was place of refuge.
(d) It was a wedding present.
2. In Chapter 22, what decade does John describe as being lavish to Bellarosa?
(a) The 30s.
(b) The 40s.
(c) The 50s.
(d) The 20s.
3. What does Ethel say about Augustus Stanhope on the day of George's funeral?
(a) That he was always kind.
(b) That he had promised her money.
(c) That they were lovers.
(d) That he used to beat her.
4. What does John fear when Bellarosa says he will be going to Italy?
(a) That he will force John to go with him.
(b) That he will take Susan with him.
(c) That he will sell off more land.
(d) That he won't pay his fees.
5. What does Mancuso do to Bellarosa before arresting him?
(a) Laughs in his face.
(b) Handcuffs him.
(c) Reads him his rights in Italian.
(d) Lets him spend time with his wife.
6. What will happen when Bellarosa sells Stanhope Hall?
(a) It will be auctioned off.
(b) It will be divided into smaller properties.
(c) It will return to Susan.
(d) It will become government property.
7. What is the first thing John does when he returns home in Chapter 33?
(a) He looks at the backyard.
(b) He takes a nap.
(c) He packs a bag.
(d) He tries to call Susan.
8. In Chapter 28, why does Bellarosa suggest John call Ferragamo?
(a) To show respect.
(b) To insult him.
(c) To get information about the case.
(d) To find out the next court date.
9. What does Bellarosa say the murder charge has done to his assets?
(a) It has forced Bellarosa to sell them.
(b) It hasn't changed much.
(c) It has revealed them to the government.
(d) It has made them lose value.
10. What does Bellarosa do at the end of Chapter 32?
(a) He invites John and Susan to dinner.
(b) He writes a press release statement.
(c) He refuses to make any deals in court.
(d) He invited John to go to Europe.
11. What does Ferragamo interrupt John doing in Chapter 27?
(a) Talking to his wife on the phone.
(b) Meeting with Bellarosa.
(c) Making his case to the judge.
(d) Filling out paperwork.
12. In Chapter 26, what does John realize about Ferragamo?
(a) He has been getting Anna on his side.
(b) He is videotaping John's property.
(c) He is keeping him from getting to court on time.
(d) He has been forging documents.
13. When Bellarosa meets with people in the restaurant in Chapter 28, what does John assume is happening?
(a) That Bellarosa is showing off.
(b) That Bellarosa is preparing to go to jail.
(c) That Bellarosa is ignoring him.
(d) That Bellarosa is sharing family secrets.
14. In Chapter 24, how does John treat William Stanhope at dinner?
(a) He asks him for advice.
(b) He offers him money.
(c) He throws food at him.
(d) He calls him names.
15. At the end of Chapter 24, what does John do?
(a) Leave the house.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Go to bed.
(d) Destroy some of his furniture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John invite Jenny to his hotel room for a drink?
2. Why does Ferragamo say he keeps postponing the Bellarosa trial?
3. When Frank tells John that Edward told him they may sell the summerhouse, how does John react?
4. What upsets Bellarosa about the news clip in Chapter 29?
5. What time does Bellarosa tell John to be at his house every week until his arrest?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)