|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John fear when Bellarosa says he will be going to Italy?
(a) That he won't pay his fees.
(b) That he will take Susan with him.
(c) That he will force John to go with him.
(d) That he will sell off more land.
2. In Chapter 37, how many times is Bellarosa shot?
3. Who is shot first at Giulio's?
4. Who says they saw Bellarosa at home the day of Juan's murder?
5. What does John do in a life raft in Chapter 33?
(b) Calls Susan.
(c) Chases his boat.
6. While staying at the Plaza hotel, what does John realize about his involvement with Bellarosa?
(a) He is in too deep.
(b) He is confused over his involvement.
(c) He was trying to prove something to his wife.
(d) He doesn't like Bellarosa anymore.
7. Why does John invite Jenny to his hotel room for a drink?
(a) To try to cheat on Susan.
(b) To find out what she knows about Bellarosa's case.
(c) To prove he hasn't told her anything.
(d) To tell her information about Bellarosa.
8. Why can't John go to sleep while staying at the Plaza Hotel?
(a) He has to work.
(b) Bellarosa's brother in law is in his room.
(c) The room is too loud.
(d) Bellarosa won't stop talking to him.
9. In Chapter 23, what does Mancuso suggest John do to Bellarosa's property?
(a) Avoid it.
(b) Bug it.
(c) Buy it.
(d) Video tape it.
10. What does Susan tell John about Bellarosa in the orchard in Chapter 33?
(a) That Susan said she loves Bellarosa.
(b) That they are not having an affair.
(c) That they are having an affair.
(d) That Bellarosa said he loves Susan.
11. In Chapter 23, what does Mancuso tell John about the mafia?
(a) That Bellarosa is too influential.
(b) That they aren't as powerful as they were.
(c) That they have been romanticized.
(d) That they follow rules.
12. What proceedings does Bellarosa say Ferragamo will probably start on him?
13. At the end of Chapter 24, what does John do?
(a) Leave the house.
(b) Destroy some of his furniture.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Go to bed.
14. In Chapter 28, why does Bellarosa suggest John call Ferragamo?
(a) To insult him.
(b) To show respect.
(c) To get information about the case.
(d) To find out the next court date.
15. At the beginning of Chapter 37, where does Susan say she is going?
(a) To her sister's house.
(b) For a ride.
(c) To a museum.
(d) Out to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what does Bellarosa predict Ferragamo will try to do to him?
2. How does Susan act when John sees her at Bellarosa's with his body?
3. In Chapter 27, what does the court marshal tell John?
4. Where do Bellarosa and John go after John gets bail for Bellarosa?
5. What do John and Jenny talk about in John's hotel room?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)