|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bellarosa act while telling John about the Juan case?
2. What does Lester want to do with the old woman's stocks in Chapter 8?
(a) Re-invest them.
(b) Turn them into bonds.
(c) Put them in a museum.
(d) Transfer them to cash.
3. While visiting the Bellarosas in Chapter 15, what does John ask Frank Bellarosa about?
4. What does Carolyn ask John about his personal life in Chapter 20?
(a) How much money he makes.
(b) Why he is friends with Bellarosa.
(c) Why he didn't pay his taxes.
(d) How he gets along with Susan.
5. Why does John wear his glasses while visiting the Bellarosas in Chapter 15?
(a) To see better.
(b) To look older.
(c) To look different.
(d) To look smarter.
6. Where does Mr. Novac first visit John?
(a) At the country club.
(b) At Mr. Novac's office.
(c) At John's office.
(d) At home.
7. In Chapter 3, how does John get to Alhambra?
(a) On foot.
(c) In a car.
(d) A train.
8. Which shore of Long Island does John Sutter live on?
(a) The North shore.
(b) The West shore.
(c) The East shore.
(d) The South shore.
9. What does Edward fish for in Chapter 21?
10. Why does Bellarosa propose Susan and Anna become friends?
(a) So Anna won't be lonely.
(b) Because Susan is a good influence.
(c) Because Susan asked him.
(d) So Anna can seem prestigious.
11. How much money does Mr. Novac say John owes the IRS?
(a) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(b) One hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Fifty thousand dollars.
(d) Three hundred thousand dollars.
12. Who did Mr. Melzer used to work for?
(a) The IRS.
(b) The Mayor.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The President.
13. In Chapter 2, what does John wonder about Frank Bellarosa?
(a) How long he will live in the neighborhood.
(b) How he'll feel about not being accepted.
(c) How old he is.
(d) How many times he has been to jail.
14. Why does John Sutter visit the nursery in Chapter 1?
(a) To go to work.
(b) To price out plants.
(c) To look into purchasing the nursery.
(d) To buy plants.
15. What does Dominic refuse to do after the stables are moved?
(a) Send a message to Frank Bellarosa.
(b) Discuss the bill.
(c) Do any more work.
(d) Help with the horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what decision does John make about having drinks at Bellarosa's?
2. What does John do before going to his aunt's for Easter?
3. Why does John feel happy to be alive in Chapter 10?
4. What does Susan say Bellarosa wants from John in Chapter 13?
5. What does Lester Remson do for a living?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)