|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John describe having a business relationship with Bellarosa?
2. How does John feel when Frank Bellarosa tells him he is moving next door?
3. While visiting the Bellarosas in Chapter 15, what does John ask Frank Bellarosa about?
4. What does John tell his children he might have to see?
(a) Their summer home.
(b) Their trust funds.
(c) Their plane.
(d) Their cars.
5. What does John tell George to do if Bellarosa stops by for a second time?
(a) To let him in.
(b) To take a picture.
(c) To not even open the door.
(d) To tell him to never come back.
6. Whose law firm does John work for?
(a) His uncle's.
(b) His cousin's.
(c) His grandfather's.
(d) His father's.
7. Where is John's office located?
(a) New Jersey.
(c) In his house.
(d) Staten Island.
8. Why does Bellarosa propose Susan and Anna become friends?
(a) So Anna can seem prestigious.
(b) So Anna won't be lonely.
(c) Because Susan asked him.
(d) Because Susan is a good influence.
9. In Chapter 8, what does Susan tell John he needs to feel less disillusioned?
(a) Less money.
(b) A challenge.
(c) A better job.
(d) A vacation.
10. What does Susan admit about her childhood playhouse?
(a) That she forced her parents to build it.
(b) That she hid drugs in the walls.
(c) That she hated it.
(d) That she burned it down.
11. In Chapter 14, what does John ask Dominic about Stanhope Hall?
(a) If they can put an addition on it.
(b) If Bellarosa sent him to look at it.
(c) If it can be saved.
(d) If they can strip it of original fixtures.
12. Why do men and dogs chase John in Chapter 10?
(a) For being on the Bellarosa property.
(b) For coming in the wrong door at his family's house.
(c) For being a suspect.
(d) For being considered a missing person.
13. What statue does John see at Alhambra in Chapter 3?
(c) A serpant.
14. In Chapter 13, what day of the week does John suppose Susan's stables will be moved?
15. What does Mr. Novac's first visit with John make John lose faith in?
(b) The system.
(c) His accountant.
(d) His job security.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John wear his glasses while visiting the Bellarosas in Chapter 15?
2. What does John ask Bellarosa about favors after dealing with the stables?
3. What does Susan say Bellarosa wants from John in Chapter 13?
4. After talking about Susan's stables, why does John believe Bellarosa wants a relationship with him?
5. What is John's reply to Susan's idea for a housewarming gift for the Bellarosas?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)