|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how does John get to Alhambra?
(a) A train.
(b) In a car.
(d) On foot.
2. What does John think about Susan's parent's estate?
(a) That it is ugly.
(b) That it will one day be his.
(c) That it is wasted land.
(d) That it is like a temple.
3. In Chapter 8, what does Susan tell John he needs to feel less disillusioned?
(a) A challenge.
(b) Less money.
(c) A vacation.
(d) A better job.
4. What does Edward offer to do to help with John's tax problems?
(a) Take money from his trust fund.
(b) Defend him in court.
(c) Sell the beach house.
(d) Write the IRS.
5. When does Bellarosa say he wants John to represent him in the Juan case?
(a) For his appeal trial.
(b) If the case goes to a jury trial.
(c) After the grand jury indicts him.
6. What does John ask Bellarosa about favors after dealing with the stables?
(a) If there is anything else he can do.
(b) If Bellarosa will owe him another.
(c) If they are even.
(d) If anyone knows about their deal.
7. In Chapter 11, what does Bellarosa ask John about legally?
(b) Money laundering.
(d) Stock buying.
8. What does John tell his children he might have to see?
(a) Their plane.
(b) Their summer home.
(c) Their trust funds.
(d) Their cars.
9. What does Bellarosa give John while he is playing tennis?
(a) Vegetable plants.
(c) A watch.
(d) Advice on tennis.
10. How does John describe having a business relationship with Bellarosa?
11. Why do men and dogs chase John in Chapter 10?
(a) For being on the Bellarosa property.
(b) For coming in the wrong door at his family's house.
(c) For being considered a missing person.
(d) For being a suspect.
12. Where is John's office located?
(a) Staten Island.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) In his house.
13. What does Edward fish for in Chapter 21?
14. Whose law firm does John work for?
(a) His grandfather's.
(b) His uncle's.
(c) His father's.
(d) His cousin's.
15. Where does Mr. Novac first visit John?
(a) At John's office.
(b) At home.
(c) At Mr. Novac's office.
(d) At the country club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do John and Susan attend service at St. Mark's?
2. How many acres of land was Susan given as a wedding gift?
3. In Chapter 14, what does John ask Dominic about Stanhope Hall?
4. In Chapter 13, what day of the week does John suppose Susan's stables will be moved?
5. In Chapter 18, what reason does John give for being surprised about the friendship developing between Susan and Anna?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)