|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Novac's first visit with John make John lose faith in?
(b) His accountant.
(c) His job security.
(d) The system.
2. Whose law firm does John work for?
(a) His uncle's.
(b) His cousin's.
(c) His grandfather's.
(d) His father's.
3. What does Anna serve John and Susan in Chapter 15?
(c) A pasta platter.
4. How do Lester and Judy Remson react when they find out Bellarosa is moving next door to John and Susan?
(a) They are not impressed.
(b) They are in shock.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They are angry.
5. How many cars do John, Susan, and their servants take to St. Mark's in Chapter 4?
6. Who is Bellarosa accused of murdering?
(a) A drug dealer.
(b) A drug enforcement officer.
(c) A drug grower.
(d) A drug runner.
7. When does Bellarosa say he wants John to represent him in the Juan case?
(a) After the grand jury indicts him.
(c) For his appeal trial.
(d) If the case goes to a jury trial.
8. What does Bellarosa say Melzer can do for John with his IRS problems?
(a) Negotiate better terms.
(b) Save him from facing criminal charges.
(c) Make the whole thing go away.
(d) Defend him cheaply.
9. What does Susan want to do for the Bellarosas as a housewarming gift?
(a) Cook them dinner.
(d) Give them a piece of art.
10. In Chapter 13, why is John nervous about talking to Bellarosa on the phone about Dominic?
(a) In case the FBI is listening.
(b) He doesn't want Susan to hear him.
(c) He doesn't want to offend Bellarosa.
(d) He doesn't want to be friends with Bellarosa.
11. What does John ask Bellarosa about favors after dealing with the stables?
(a) If there is anything else he can do.
(b) If anyone knows about their deal.
(c) If they are even.
(d) If Bellarosa will owe him another.
12. How do the stock certificates help John make up with Lester in Chapter 6?
(a) Because of the business deal they make.
(b) Because of the funny story John tells about the stocks.
(c) Because John promises to give Lester the stocks.
(d) Because Lester is excited about the stocks.
13. What does Susan fear Frank Bellarosa won't understand?
(a) The rights of horseriders.
(b) The value of his art.
(c) The proper way to behave.
(d) The English language.
14. What does John notice about Bellarosa's Neptune statue in Chapter 10?
(a) That he smashed it.
(b) That he removed it.
(c) That he fixed it.
(d) That he painted it.
15. What is Susan Sutter's family's house called?
(a) Stanhope Hall.
(b) Residency Hall.
(c) Hopewell Hall.
(d) Blossom Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bellarosa say is setting him up in Juan's murder?
2. Why does John feel happy to be alive in Chapter 10?
3. In Chapter 14, what does John ask Dominic about Stanhope Hall?
4. Why does Bellarosa propose Susan and Anna become friends?
5. In Chapter 11, what does Bellarosa ask John about legally?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)