|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bellarosa take John while Anna shows Susan around in Chapter 15?
(a) The garage.
(b) The library.
(c) The basement.
(d) The kitchen.
2. Why do men and dogs chase John in Chapter 10?
(a) For being a suspect.
(b) For being considered a missing person.
(c) For being on the Bellarosa property.
(d) For coming in the wrong door at his family's house.
3. How does John treat his family during Easter in Chapter 10?
(a) He tells them all about his life.
(b) He catches up with them.
(c) He avoids most of them.
(d) He lends some of them money.
4. What do the Bellarosa's use the ballroom for in their estate?
(a) An art room.
(b) A living room.
(c) A dining room.
(d) A ballroom.
5. What does Susan admit about her childhood playhouse?
(a) That she forced her parents to build it.
(b) That she hid drugs in the walls.
(c) That she hated it.
(d) That she burned it down.
6. Where does Mr. Novac first visit John?
(a) At home.
(b) At John's office.
(c) At Mr. Novac's office.
(d) At the country club.
7. What does Susan say Bellarosa wants from John in Chapter 13?
(a) His soul.
(b) His house.
(c) His money.
(d) His wife.
8. How does John explain to Anna why he looks familiar to her?
(a) He admits to trespassing on Easter.
(b) He jokes that they are related.
(c) He ignores it entirely.
(d) He says he looks common.
9. How much money does Mr. Novac say John owes the IRS?
(a) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Fifty thousand dollars.
(d) One hundred thousand dollars.
10. In Chapter 14, who makes arrangements for John and Susan to have drinks at Bellarosa's?
11. In Chapter 6, what is so exciting about the stock certificates an old woman brings to John?
(a) The amount of money lost in them.
(b) Their signature.
(c) Their age.
(d) The amount of them.
12. How does Bellarosa act while telling John about the Juan case?
13. Why does John have to talk to Bellarosa about moving Susan's stables?
(a) Because they are on Bellarosa's land.
(b) Because the work will be loud.
(c) Because he will need help moving them.
(d) Because they will be near his property.
14. How many acres of land was Susan given as a wedding gift?
15. Which room does Bellarosa leave John and Susan in alone in Chapter 15?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The study.
(d) The living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bellarosa say the mafia differs from other criminals?
2. What does John tell his children he might have to see?
3. Why is Susan pleased Bellarosa moves in next door?
4. Why does Susan tell John they can't go away for a few months in Chapter 21?
5. In Chapter 14, what decision does John make about having drinks at Bellarosa's?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)