Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Lester and Judy Remson react when they find out Bellarosa is moving next door to John and Susan?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They are in shock.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They are not impressed.
2. How much money does Mr. Novac say John owes the IRS?
(a) One hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Fifty thousand dollars.
3. How do the stock certificates help John make up with Lester in Chapter 6?
(a) Because Lester is excited about the stocks.
(b) Because of the funny story John tells about the stocks.
(c) Because John promises to give Lester the stocks.
(d) Because of the business deal they make.
4. Who does Bellarosa say is setting him up in Juan's murder?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The President.
(d) The US Attorney General.
5. Why do men and dogs chase John in Chapter 10?
(a) For being a suspect.
(b) For being on the Bellarosa property.
(c) For being considered a missing person.
(d) For coming in the wrong door at his family's house.
6. What does John tell his children he might have to see?
(a) Their plane.
(b) Their trust funds.
(c) Their summer home.
(d) Their cars.
7. What does Anna serve John and Susan in Chapter 15?
(c) A pasta platter.
8. Who shows Susan the conservatory of the Bellarosa's house?
(b) She goes there herself.
9. What does John think about Susan's parent's estate?
(a) That it will one day be his.
(b) That it is wasted land.
(c) That it is ugly.
(d) That it is like a temple.
10. In Chapter 3, how does John get to Alhambra?
(a) A train.
(b) On foot.
(c) In a car.
11. What does Bellarosa's arrival on the Gold Coast signify for John, Susan, and their friends?
12. What does Susan want to do for the Bellarosas as a housewarming gift?
(b) Cook them dinner.
(d) Give them a piece of art.
13. Whose law firm does John work for?
(a) His grandfather's.
(b) His uncle's.
(c) His father's.
(d) His cousin's.
14. In Chapter 13, what day of the week does John suppose Susan's stables will be moved?
15. Why does John wear his glasses while visiting the Bellarosas in Chapter 15?
(a) To look smarter.
(b) To look older.
(c) To look different.
(d) To see better.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what reason does John give for being surprised about the friendship developing between Susan and Anna?
2. How do the other country club members react to John meeting with Bellarosa at the club in Chapter 19?
3. When does Bellarosa say he wants John to represent him in the Juan case?
4. What does Susan admit about her childhood playhouse?
5. In Chapter 11, what does Bellarosa want John to represent him in?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)