|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Susan tell John he needs to feel less disillusioned?
(a) A vacation.
(b) A better job.
(c) Less money.
(d) A challenge.
2. What does Bellarosa give John while he is playing tennis?
(b) A watch.
(c) Vegetable plants.
(d) Advice on tennis.
3. Who did Mr. Melzer used to work for?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) The IRS.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The President.
4. How does John feel when Frank Bellarosa tells him he is moving next door?
5. What does Susan fear Frank Bellarosa won't understand?
(a) The English language.
(b) The proper way to behave.
(c) The value of his art.
(d) The rights of horseriders.
6. In Chapter 11, what does Bellarosa want John to represent him in?
(a) A fundraiser.
(b) A business deal.
(c) A non-profit deal.
(d) A real estate deal.
7. What does Melzer offer John the first time they meet?
(a) A vacation.
(b) A new car.
(c) A partnership.
(d) A check.
8. What does Susan admit about her childhood playhouse?
(a) That she forced her parents to build it.
(b) That she hated it.
(c) That she hid drugs in the walls.
(d) That she burned it down.
9. How do the other country club members react to John meeting with Bellarosa at the club in Chapter 19?
(a) They are indifferent.
(b) They are excited.
(c) They are curious.
(d) They are upset.
10. In Chapter 18, what reason does John give for being surprised about the friendship developing between Susan and Anna?
(a) Anna spreads rumors.
(b) Susan is afraid of the Bellarosas.
(c) Susan is overly pushy.
(d) They are different.
11. Why does Susan tell John they can't go away for a few months in Chapter 21?
(a) His promise to Bellarosa.
(b) Their reputation.
(c) Their money problems.
(d) His work.
12. What does Susan want to do for the Bellarosas as a housewarming gift?
(b) Give them a piece of art.
(d) Cook them dinner.
13. What does John tell Bellarosa about getting a club membership?
(a) That they would love him to join.
(b) That they will never let him in.
(c) That it's better to buy golf games as he needs them.
(d) That it is too expensive.
14. Why do men and dogs chase John in Chapter 10?
(a) For being a suspect.
(b) For being considered a missing person.
(c) For being on the Bellarosa property.
(d) For coming in the wrong door at his family's house.
15. Which shore of Long Island does John Sutter live on?
(a) The West shore.
(b) The South shore.
(c) The East shore.
(d) The North shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bellarosa believe Mr. Novac is attacking John?
2. Why do John and Susan attend service at St. Mark's?
3. Where does Bellarosa take John while Anna shows Susan around in Chapter 15?
4. How does John describe having a personal relationship with Bellarosa?
5. Why does Bellarosa propose Susan and Anna become friends?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)