|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan want to do for the Bellarosas as a housewarming gift?
(a) Cook them dinner.
(d) Give them a piece of art.
2. Why does Bellarosa propose Susan and Anna become friends?
(a) Because Susan is a good influence.
(b) Because Susan asked him.
(c) So Anna won't be lonely.
(d) So Anna can seem prestigious.
3. Where does Mr. Novac first visit John?
(a) At Mr. Novac's office.
(b) At John's office.
(c) At the country club.
(d) At home.
4. What does John ask Bellarosa about favors after dealing with the stables?
(a) If they are even.
(b) If anyone knows about their deal.
(c) If Bellarosa will owe him another.
(d) If there is anything else he can do.
5. How do the other country club members react to John meeting with Bellarosa at the club in Chapter 19?
(a) They are upset.
(b) They are curious.
(c) They are excited.
(d) They are indifferent.
6. Which shore of Long Island does John Sutter live on?
(a) The West shore.
(b) The East shore.
(c) The South shore.
(d) The North shore.
7. How does John treat his family during Easter in Chapter 10?
(a) He avoids most of them.
(b) He catches up with them.
(c) He tells them all about his life.
(d) He lends some of them money.
8. What does John ask Susan to do after Good Friday mass?
(a) Find a job.
(b) Move away.
(c) Change religions.
(d) Change churches.
9. In Chapter 13, why does Bellarosa tell John he will send a builder over?
(a) To help with Susan's stables.
(b) To build a guest house.
(c) John isn't sure why.
(d) To fix the balcony.
10. In Chapter 14, what decision does John make about having drinks at Bellarosa's?
(a) To show up late.
(b) To go there with Susan.
(c) To go alone.
(d) To bring a bottle of wine.
11. What is Susan's horse's name?
12. After talking about Susan's stables, why does John believe Bellarosa wants a relationship with him?
(b) As a cover.
(d) To show his power.
13. What does Lester Remson do for a living?
(a) He is an inventor.
(b) He is a stockbroker.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a business owner.
14. What does Bellarosa say Melzer can do for John with his IRS problems?
(a) Save him from facing criminal charges.
(b) Make the whole thing go away.
(c) Negotiate better terms.
(d) Defend him cheaply.
15. Who is Bellarosa accused of murdering?
(a) A drug enforcement officer.
(b) A drug runner.
(c) A drug grower.
(d) A drug dealer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna serve John and Susan in Chapter 15?
2. What does Susan fear Frank Bellarosa won't understand?
3. What does Susan say Bellarosa wants from John in Chapter 13?
4. What does John do when Bellarosa asks him to represent him in Chapter 11?
5. Where does Bellarosa take John while Anna shows Susan around in Chapter 15?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)