|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do John and Susan attend service at St. Mark's?
(a) Because they always have.
(b) Because Susan insists.
(c) Because the reverand gives the best sermon.
(d) Because it is close to home.
2. In Chapter 3, how does John get to Alhambra?
(b) On foot.
(c) A train.
(d) In a car.
3. What does Edward fish for in Chapter 21?
4. In Chapter 14, what decision does John make about having drinks at Bellarosa's?
(a) To go alone.
(b) To show up late.
(c) To bring a bottle of wine.
(d) To go there with Susan.
5. Where does Mr. Novac first visit John?
(a) At the country club.
(b) At home.
(c) At John's office.
(d) At Mr. Novac's office.
6. What does Susan say Bellarosa wants from John in Chapter 13?
(a) His house.
(b) His money.
(c) His soul.
(d) His wife.
7. What does Bellarosa give John while he is playing tennis?
(b) Vegetable plants.
(c) A watch.
(d) Advice on tennis.
8. What does Mr. Novac's first visit with John make John lose faith in?
(a) The system.
(b) His accountant.
(d) His job security.
9. What does Bellarosa say Melzer can do for John with his IRS problems?
(a) Save him from facing criminal charges.
(b) Negotiate better terms.
(c) Make the whole thing go away.
(d) Defend him cheaply.
10. When the Sutters children come home in Chapter 20, where do they go?
(a) Mountain climbing.
(c) Shopping in Manhattan.
11. Why does John have to talk to Bellarosa about moving Susan's stables?
(a) Because they are on Bellarosa's land.
(b) Because the work will be loud.
(c) Because he will need help moving them.
(d) Because they will be near his property.
12. What does John tell George to do if Bellarosa stops by for a second time?
(a) To not even open the door.
(b) To let him in.
(c) To take a picture.
(d) To tell him to never come back.
13. How do the other country club members react to John meeting with Bellarosa at the club in Chapter 19?
(a) They are indifferent.
(b) They are excited.
(c) They are curious.
(d) They are upset.
14. Who does Bellarosa say is setting him up in Juan's murder?
(a) The President.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The US Attorney General.
15. How does John describe having a personal relationship with Bellarosa?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what reason does John give for being surprised about the friendship developing between Susan and Anna?
2. What does Susan say about the security at the Bellarosas in Chapter 18?
3. Why is Susan pleased Bellarosa moves in next door?
4. What does Susan admit about her childhood playhouse?
5. How many acres of land was Susan given as a wedding gift?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)