|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Susan tell John they can't go away for a few months in Chapter 21?
(a) His work.
(b) Their reputation.
(c) His promise to Bellarosa.
(d) Their money problems.
2. What does John tell Lester Remson about living next door to Bellarosa?
(a) John doesn't say anything about living next to Bellarosa.
(b) It's worse than living next door to satan.
(c) It's better than living next door to children.
(d) It's better than living next door to a farm.
3. Who does Bellarosa say is setting him up in Juan's murder?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The President.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The US Attorney General.
4. What does Melzer offer John the first time they meet?
(a) A vacation.
(b) A partnership.
(c) A check.
(d) A new car.
5. What does Bellarosa say Melzer can do for John with his IRS problems?
(a) Negotiate better terms.
(b) Save him from facing criminal charges.
(c) Defend him cheaply.
(d) Make the whole thing go away.
6. How does John describe having a business relationship with Bellarosa?
7. What does John ask Bellarosa about favors after dealing with the stables?
(a) If there is anything else he can do.
(b) If Bellarosa will owe him another.
(c) If they are even.
(d) If anyone knows about their deal.
8. In Chapter 11, what does Bellarosa ask John about legally?
(b) Stock buying.
(c) Money laundering.
9. What does John think about Susan's parent's estate?
(a) That it will one day be his.
(b) That it is like a temple.
(c) That it is wasted land.
(d) That it is ugly.
10. When does Bellarosa say he wants John to represent him in the Juan case?
(a) If the case goes to a jury trial.
(c) For his appeal trial.
(d) After the grand jury indicts him.
11. Why is Susan pleased Bellarosa moves in next door?
(a) Because it is entertaining.
(b) Because he will provide safety.
(c) Susan dislikes Bellarosa moving in next door.
(d) Because the estate won't be divided.
12. What does Mr. Novac's first visit with John make John lose faith in?
(b) His job security.
(c) His accountant.
(d) The system.
13. What does Susan say Bellarosa wants from John in Chapter 13?
(a) His wife.
(b) His soul.
(c) His house.
(d) His money.
14. In Chapter 14, what decision does John make about having drinks at Bellarosa's?
(a) To show up late.
(b) To go alone.
(c) To go there with Susan.
(d) To bring a bottle of wine.
15. What does Susan fear Frank Bellarosa won't understand?
(a) The English language.
(b) The rights of horseriders.
(c) The value of his art.
(d) The proper way to behave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John ask Susan to do after Good Friday mass?
2. In Chapter 18, what reason does John give for being surprised about the friendship developing between Susan and Anna?
3. What is John's reply to Susan's idea for a housewarming gift for the Bellarosas?
4. Which club do John and Susan dine at in Chapter 5?
5. What does John tell George to do if Bellarosa stops by for a second time?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)