|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Lester and Judy Remson react when they find out Bellarosa is moving next door to John and Susan?
(a) They are in shock.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They are not impressed.
(d) They are angry.
2. In Chapter 18, what reason does John give for being surprised about the friendship developing between Susan and Anna?
(a) Anna spreads rumors.
(b) Susan is overly pushy.
(c) They are different.
(d) Susan is afraid of the Bellarosas.
3. When does Bellarosa say he wants John to represent him in the Juan case?
(a) If the case goes to a jury trial.
(b) After the grand jury indicts him.
(c) For his appeal trial.
4. In Chapter 13, why is John nervous about talking to Bellarosa on the phone about Dominic?
(a) In case the FBI is listening.
(b) He doesn't want to be friends with Bellarosa.
(c) He doesn't want Susan to hear him.
(d) He doesn't want to offend Bellarosa.
5. After talking about Susan's stables, why does John believe Bellarosa wants a relationship with him?
(b) To show his power.
(d) As a cover.
6. In Chapter 8, what does Susan tell John he needs to feel less disillusioned?
(a) Less money.
(b) A challenge.
(c) A better job.
(d) A vacation.
7. What does Susan admit about her childhood playhouse?
(a) That she forced her parents to build it.
(b) That she burned it down.
(c) That she hated it.
(d) That she hid drugs in the walls.
8. In Chapter 14, how does John feel about having drinks at Bellarosa's?
9. What does John do before going to his aunt's for Easter?
(a) Takes a nap
(b) Meets with Bellarosa.
(c) Goes to the bar.
(d) Buys Susan a present.
10. What does John think about Susan's parent's estate?
(a) That it is wasted land.
(b) That it is ugly.
(c) That it is like a temple.
(d) That it will one day be his.
11. What does John tell George to do if Bellarosa stops by for a second time?
(a) To let him in.
(b) To not even open the door.
(c) To tell him to never come back.
(d) To take a picture.
12. What does John tell Bellarosa about getting a club membership?
(a) That they will never let him in.
(b) That it is too expensive.
(c) That they would love him to join.
(d) That it's better to buy golf games as he needs them.
13. Why do John and Susan attend service at St. Mark's?
(a) Because they always have.
(b) Because it is close to home.
(c) Because the reverand gives the best sermon.
(d) Because Susan insists.
14. How does John feel when Frank Bellarosa tells him he is moving next door?
15. What does Dominic refuse to do after the stables are moved?
(a) Help with the horses.
(b) Do any more work.
(c) Discuss the bill.
(d) Send a message to Frank Bellarosa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is John's office located?
2. Why does John wear his glasses while visiting the Bellarosas in Chapter 15?
3. How does John describe having a personal relationship with Bellarosa?
4. In Chapter 6, what is so exciting about the stock certificates an old woman brings to John?
5. How many acres of land was Susan given as a wedding gift?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)