|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Susan tell John he needs to feel less disillusioned?
(a) Less money.
(b) A vacation.
(c) A better job.
(d) A challenge.
2. How does John treat his family during Easter in Chapter 10?
(a) He avoids most of them.
(b) He lends some of them money.
(c) He catches up with them.
(d) He tells them all about his life.
3. What does Melzer offer John the first time they meet?
(a) A partnership.
(b) A new car.
(c) A vacation.
(d) A check.
4. Who is Bellarosa accused of murdering?
(a) A drug runner.
(b) A drug enforcement officer.
(c) A drug dealer.
(d) A drug grower.
5. In Chapter 14, how does John feel about having drinks at Bellarosa's?
6. Whose law firm does John work for?
(a) His cousin's.
(b) His grandfather's.
(c) His uncle's.
(d) His father's.
7. What does John tell Bellarosa about getting a club membership?
(a) That they would love him to join.
(b) That it's better to buy golf games as he needs them.
(c) That it is too expensive.
(d) That they will never let him in.
8. Why does Bellarosa believe Mr. Novac is attacking John?
(a) Because he is jealous.
(b) Because he gets a commission.
(c) Because of the money he owes.
(d) Because he likes Susan.
9. In Chapter 13, why is John nervous about talking to Bellarosa on the phone about Dominic?
(a) He doesn't want to offend Bellarosa.
(b) In case the FBI is listening.
(c) He doesn't want to be friends with Bellarosa.
(d) He doesn't want Susan to hear him.
10. How many acres of land was Susan given as a wedding gift?
11. What does Susan want to do for the Bellarosas as a housewarming gift?
(a) Give them a piece of art.
(c) Cook them dinner.
12. Which room does Bellarosa leave John and Susan in alone in Chapter 15?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The living room.
(c) The study.
(d) The dining room.
13. In Chapter 7, how does John react when the Allards both fall ill?
(a) He takes care of them.
(b) He docks their pay.
(c) He tells Susan to take care of them.
(d) He sends them both to the doctor.
14. What does Susan say about the security at the Bellarosas in Chapter 18?
(a) There is hardly any at all.
(b) It is high.
(c) It seems about average for the area.
(d) She says she never pays attention to that.
15. After talking about Susan's stables, why does John believe Bellarosa wants a relationship with him?
(b) As a cover.
(d) To show his power.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, who makes arrangements for John and Susan to have drinks at Bellarosa's?
2. Which shore of Long Island does John Sutter live on?
3. Why does John have to talk to Bellarosa about moving Susan's stables?
4. When the Sutters children come home in Chapter 20, where do they go?
5. What does Lester Remson do for a living?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)