|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna serve John and Susan in Chapter 15?
(d) A pasta platter.
2. What does Bellarosa give John while he is playing tennis?
(a) Vegetable plants.
(b) A watch.
(d) Advice on tennis.
3. Why does John wear his glasses while visiting the Bellarosas in Chapter 15?
(a) To look different.
(b) To look older.
(c) To see better.
(d) To look smarter.
4. What does John do when Bellarosa asks him to represent him in Chapter 11?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He tells Bellarosa to leave immediately.
(d) He recommends him to a different lawyer.
5. How much money does Mr. Novac say John owes the IRS?
(a) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Fifty thousand dollars.
(c) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(d) One hundred thousand dollars.
6. Why does Bellarosa propose Susan and Anna become friends?
(a) So Anna won't be lonely.
(b) Because Susan asked him.
(c) Because Susan is a good influence.
(d) So Anna can seem prestigious.
7. In Chapter 13, why does Bellarosa tell John he will send a builder over?
(a) To help with Susan's stables.
(b) John isn't sure why.
(c) To build a guest house.
(d) To fix the balcony.
8. What does Susan fear Frank Bellarosa won't understand?
(a) The English language.
(b) The rights of horseriders.
(c) The proper way to behave.
(d) The value of his art.
9. Which club do John and Susan dine at in Chapter 5?
(a) The Crescent Club.
(b) The Diamond Club.
(c) The Creek Club.
(d) The Deer Club.
10. How do Lester and Judy Remson react when they find out Bellarosa is moving next door to John and Susan?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They are in shock.
(c) They are not impressed.
(d) They are angry.
11. Why do John and Susan attend service at St. Mark's?
(a) Because they always have.
(b) Because Susan insists.
(c) Because the reverand gives the best sermon.
(d) Because it is close to home.
12. In Chapter 14, who makes arrangements for John and Susan to have drinks at Bellarosa's?
13. Who is Bellarosa accused of murdering?
(a) A drug dealer.
(b) A drug enforcement officer.
(c) A drug runner.
(d) A drug grower.
14. How many cars do John, Susan, and their servants take to St. Mark's in Chapter 4?
15. What does Edward offer to do to help with John's tax problems?
(a) Take money from his trust fund.
(b) Sell the beach house.
(c) Defend him in court.
(d) Write the IRS.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John ask Bellarosa about favors after dealing with the stables?
2. Which room does Bellarosa leave John and Susan in alone in Chapter 15?
3. Why does Susan tell John they can't go away for a few months in Chapter 21?
4. Why does John Sutter visit the nursery in Chapter 1?
5. How does Bellarosa act while telling John about the Juan case?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)