|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John want Susan to pay a social call on Bellarosa?
(a) Because he wants to scare her.
(b) Because he wants her to realize Bellarosa is a normal person.
(c) Because it's the proper thing to do.
(d) Because he is too afraid to do it.
2. In Chapter 2, what does John wonder about Frank Bellarosa?
(a) How he'll feel about not being accepted.
(b) How long he will live in the neighborhood.
(c) How old he is.
(d) How many times he has been to jail.
3. After talking about Susan's stables, why does John believe Bellarosa wants a relationship with him?
(a) As a cover.
(d) To show his power.
4. In Chapter 11, what does Bellarosa want John to represent him in?
(a) A fundraiser.
(b) A real estate deal.
(c) A non-profit deal.
(d) A business deal.
5. How does Bellarosa say the mafia differs from other criminals?
(a) They follow rules.
(b) They are smart with their money.
(c) They aren't different.
(d) They respect their elders.
6. What does John tell George to do if Bellarosa stops by for a second time?
(a) To tell him to never come back.
(b) To not even open the door.
(c) To take a picture.
(d) To let him in.
7. In Chapter 14, how does John feel about having drinks at Bellarosa's?
8. What does Lester Remson do for a living?
(a) He is an inventor.
(b) He is a stockbroker.
(c) He is a business owner.
(d) He is a writer.
9. How does Bellarosa act while telling John about the Juan case?
10. Where is John's office located?
(a) Staten Island.
(c) In his house.
(d) New Jersey.
11. What does Susan admit about her childhood playhouse?
(a) That she hid drugs in the walls.
(b) That she forced her parents to build it.
(c) That she burned it down.
(d) That she hated it.
12. How many acres of land was Susan given as a wedding gift?
13. Why is Susan pleased Bellarosa moves in next door?
(a) Because the estate won't be divided.
(b) Because it is entertaining.
(c) Because he will provide safety.
(d) Susan dislikes Bellarosa moving in next door.
14. Who did Mr. Melzer used to work for?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The President.
(c) The IRS.
(d) The Mayor.
15. In Chapter 6, what is so exciting about the stock certificates an old woman brings to John?
(a) The amount of them.
(b) Their age.
(c) The amount of money lost in them.
(d) Their signature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna serve John and Susan in Chapter 15?
2. What does Bellarosa say Melzer can do for John with his IRS problems?
3. In Chapter 18, what reason does John give for being surprised about the friendship developing between Susan and Anna?
4. Why does John Sutter visit the nursery in Chapter 1?
5. What does Susan want to do for the Bellarosas as a housewarming gift?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)