|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does John wonder about Frank Bellarosa?
(a) How old he is.
(b) How many times he has been to jail.
(c) How long he will live in the neighborhood.
(d) How he'll feel about not being accepted.
2. Who is Bellarosa accused of murdering?
(a) A drug enforcement officer.
(b) A drug dealer.
(c) A drug runner.
(d) A drug grower.
3. What does John tell George to do if Bellarosa stops by for a second time?
(a) To take a picture.
(b) To let him in.
(c) To tell him to never come back.
(d) To not even open the door.
4. What does Edward fish for in Chapter 21?
5. What does John tell his children he might have to see?
(a) Their summer home.
(b) Their plane.
(c) Their cars.
(d) Their trust funds.
6. What does Susan say about the security at the Bellarosas in Chapter 18?
(a) She says she never pays attention to that.
(b) It seems about average for the area.
(c) It is high.
(d) There is hardly any at all.
7. What does Dominic refuse to do after the stables are moved?
(a) Do any more work.
(b) Send a message to Frank Bellarosa.
(c) Help with the horses.
(d) Discuss the bill.
8. Why does Susan tell John they can't go away for a few months in Chapter 21?
(a) His work.
(b) Their money problems.
(c) His promise to Bellarosa.
(d) Their reputation.
9. What does John ask Susan to do after Good Friday mass?
(a) Change churches.
(b) Move away.
(c) Find a job.
(d) Change religions.
10. Why does Bellarosa believe Mr. Novac is attacking John?
(a) Because he gets a commission.
(b) Because he is jealous.
(c) Because of the money he owes.
(d) Because he likes Susan.
11. What does Bellarosa say Melzer can do for John with his IRS problems?
(a) Defend him cheaply.
(b) Make the whole thing go away.
(c) Negotiate better terms.
(d) Save him from facing criminal charges.
12. What does Carolyn ask John about his personal life in Chapter 20?
(a) How much money he makes.
(b) Why he didn't pay his taxes.
(c) Why he is friends with Bellarosa.
(d) How he gets along with Susan.
13. In Chapter 13, what day of the week does John suppose Susan's stables will be moved?
14. Who does Bellarosa say is setting him up in Juan's murder?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The US Attorney General.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The President.
15. How does John describe having a business relationship with Bellarosa?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan want to do for the Bellarosas as a housewarming gift?
2. When does Bellarosa say he wants John to represent him in the Juan case?
3. Where is John's office located?
4. In Chapter 14, who makes arrangements for John and Susan to have drinks at Bellarosa's?
5. What does Lester Remson do for a living?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)