|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what reason does John give for being surprised about the friendship developing between Susan and Anna?
(a) Susan is afraid of the Bellarosas.
(b) They are different.
(c) Susan is overly pushy.
(d) Anna spreads rumors.
2. What does John notice about Bellarosa's Neptune statue in Chapter 10?
(a) That he smashed it.
(b) That he painted it.
(c) That he fixed it.
(d) That he removed it.
3. Why does Bellarosa propose Susan and Anna become friends?
(a) So Anna can seem prestigious.
(b) Because Susan is a good influence.
(c) So Anna won't be lonely.
(d) Because Susan asked him.
4. What does John tell Lester Remson about living next door to Bellarosa?
(a) It's better than living next door to children.
(b) John doesn't say anything about living next to Bellarosa.
(c) It's better than living next door to a farm.
(d) It's worse than living next door to satan.
5. In Chapter 13, what day of the week does John suppose Susan's stables will be moved?
6. Whose law firm does John work for?
(a) His uncle's.
(b) His father's.
(c) His grandfather's.
(d) His cousin's.
7. What does Carolyn ask John about his personal life in Chapter 20?
(a) How much money he makes.
(b) How he gets along with Susan.
(c) Why he is friends with Bellarosa.
(d) Why he didn't pay his taxes.
8. Who does Bellarosa say is setting him up in Juan's murder?
(a) The President.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The US Attorney General.
9. What statue does John see at Alhambra in Chapter 3?
(d) A serpant.
10. Who did Mr. Melzer used to work for?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The President.
(c) The IRS.
(d) The Mayor.
11. How much money does Mr. Novac say John owes the IRS?
(a) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(c) One hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Fifty thousand dollars.
12. In Chapter 11, what does Bellarosa want John to represent him in?
(a) A business deal.
(b) A real estate deal.
(c) A non-profit deal.
(d) A fundraiser.
13. What does Dominic refuse to do after the stables are moved?
(a) Do any more work.
(b) Send a message to Frank Bellarosa.
(c) Help with the horses.
(d) Discuss the bill.
14. Where is John's office located?
(a) In his house.
(b) Staten Island.
(d) New Jersey.
15. In Chapter 8, what does Susan tell John he needs to feel less disillusioned?
(a) Less money.
(b) A challenge.
(c) A vacation.
(d) A better job.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, why is John nervous about talking to Bellarosa on the phone about Dominic?
2. How does John describe having a business relationship with Bellarosa?
3. Which room does Bellarosa leave John and Susan in alone in Chapter 15?
4. What does Melzer offer John the first time they meet?
5. Why do John and Susan attend service at St. Mark's?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)