|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John wake up on Easter Sunday?
(a) The ground.
(b) His own bed.
(c) The country club.
(d) Bellarosa's house.
2. In Chapter 11, what does Bellarosa ask John about legally?
(b) Money laundering.
(c) Stock buying.
3. Why does John wear his glasses while visiting the Bellarosas in Chapter 15?
(a) To see better.
(b) To look smarter.
(c) To look older.
(d) To look different.
4. Who does Bellarosa say is setting him up in Juan's murder?
(a) The US Attorney General.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The President.
(d) The CIA.
5. How much money does Mr. Novac say John owes the IRS?
(a) Fifty thousand dollars.
(b) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(d) One hundred thousand dollars.
6. In Chapter 14, who makes arrangements for John and Susan to have drinks at Bellarosa's?
7. Why does Susan tell John they can't go away for a few months in Chapter 21?
(a) His promise to Bellarosa.
(b) Their money problems.
(c) His work.
(d) Their reputation.
8. What does Bellarosa say Melzer can do for John with his IRS problems?
(a) Save him from facing criminal charges.
(b) Defend him cheaply.
(c) Negotiate better terms.
(d) Make the whole thing go away.
9. What does Dominic refuse to do after the stables are moved?
(a) Help with the horses.
(b) Do any more work.
(c) Send a message to Frank Bellarosa.
(d) Discuss the bill.
10. Where is John's office located?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) In his house.
(d) Staten Island.
11. While visiting the Bellarosas in Chapter 15, what does John ask Frank Bellarosa about?
12. Why does Bellarosa propose Susan and Anna become friends?
(a) Because Susan is a good influence.
(b) So Anna can seem prestigious.
(c) So Anna won't be lonely.
(d) Because Susan asked him.
13. What does John tell George to do if Bellarosa stops by for a second time?
(a) To take a picture.
(b) To not even open the door.
(c) To let him in.
(d) To tell him to never come back.
14. In Chapter 18, what reason does John give for being surprised about the friendship developing between Susan and Anna?
(a) Anna spreads rumors.
(b) Susan is overly pushy.
(c) Susan is afraid of the Bellarosas.
(d) They are different.
15. How many acres of land was Susan given as a wedding gift?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what does John ask Dominic about Stanhope Hall?
2. What does John tell Lester Remson about living next door to Bellarosa?
3. What does Lester want to do with the old woman's stocks in Chapter 8?
4. How does John describe having a business relationship with Bellarosa?
5. What do the Bellarosa's use the ballroom for in their estate?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)