|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dominic refuse to do after the stables are moved?
(a) Discuss the bill.
(b) Do any more work.
(c) Help with the horses.
(d) Send a message to Frank Bellarosa.
2. What does Susan say Bellarosa wants from John in Chapter 13?
(a) His soul.
(b) His house.
(c) His money.
(d) His wife.
3. In Chapter 11, what does Bellarosa ask John about legally?
(c) Stock buying.
(d) Money laundering.
4. How does Bellarosa say the mafia differs from other criminals?
(a) They aren't different.
(b) They respect their elders.
(c) They follow rules.
(d) They are smart with their money.
5. When does Bellarosa say he wants John to represent him in the Juan case?
(a) After the grand jury indicts him.
(c) If the case goes to a jury trial.
(d) For his appeal trial.
6. Why does John have to talk to Bellarosa about moving Susan's stables?
(a) Because they will be near his property.
(b) Because the work will be loud.
(c) Because they are on Bellarosa's land.
(d) Because he will need help moving them.
7. In Chapter 13, what day of the week does John suppose Susan's stables will be moved?
8. What does Anna serve John and Susan in Chapter 15?
(b) A pasta platter.
9. In Chapter 7, how does John react when the Allards both fall ill?
(a) He tells Susan to take care of them.
(b) He takes care of them.
(c) He sends them both to the doctor.
(d) He docks their pay.
10. Why do John and Susan attend service at St. Mark's?
(a) Because Susan insists.
(b) Because the reverand gives the best sermon.
(c) Because they always have.
(d) Because it is close to home.
11. Why does Susan tell John they can't go away for a few months in Chapter 21?
(a) His work.
(b) Their money problems.
(c) His promise to Bellarosa.
(d) Their reputation.
12. What does John think about Susan's parent's estate?
(a) That it is like a temple.
(b) That it will one day be his.
(c) That it is ugly.
(d) That it is wasted land.
13. Where does Bellarosa take John while Anna shows Susan around in Chapter 15?
(a) The basement.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The library.
(d) The garage.
14. Where does John's sister, Emily, live?
(c) New Mexico.
15. What does Lester Remson do for a living?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is an inventor.
(c) He is a stockbroker.
(d) He is a business owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bellarosa act while telling John about the Juan case?
2. What does Susan want to do for the Bellarosas as a housewarming gift?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Susan tell John he needs to feel less disillusioned?
4. Whose law firm does John work for?
5. Why does John want Susan to pay a social call on Bellarosa?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)