|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan fear Frank Bellarosa won't understand?
(a) The rights of horseriders.
(b) The proper way to behave.
(c) The value of his art.
(d) The English language.
2. Who is Bellarosa accused of murdering?
(a) A drug enforcement officer.
(b) A drug runner.
(c) A drug grower.
(d) A drug dealer.
3. Which room does Bellarosa leave John and Susan in alone in Chapter 15?
(a) The living room.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The study.
4. How does John treat his family during Easter in Chapter 10?
(a) He tells them all about his life.
(b) He lends some of them money.
(c) He avoids most of them.
(d) He catches up with them.
5. Why does Bellarosa believe Mr. Novac is attacking John?
(a) Because he is jealous.
(b) Because he gets a commission.
(c) Because of the money he owes.
(d) Because he likes Susan.
6. Whose law firm does John work for?
(a) His grandfather's.
(b) His cousin's.
(c) His uncle's.
(d) His father's.
7. Why does Bellarosa tell John that Ferragamo is coming after him in the Juan case?
(a) They have a long standing fued.
(b) He's running for re-election.
(c) As a type of revenge.
(d) Because he gets a bonus.
8. What does John notice about Bellarosa's Neptune statue in Chapter 10?
(a) That he removed it.
(b) That he fixed it.
(c) That he painted it.
(d) That he smashed it.
9. In Chapter 6, what is so exciting about the stock certificates an old woman brings to John?
(a) The amount of money lost in them.
(b) Their signature.
(c) The amount of them.
(d) Their age.
10. What does Lester want to do with the old woman's stocks in Chapter 8?
(a) Transfer them to cash.
(b) Re-invest them.
(c) Turn them into bonds.
(d) Put them in a museum.
11. Why does John wear his glasses while visiting the Bellarosas in Chapter 15?
(a) To look smarter.
(b) To see better.
(c) To look older.
(d) To look different.
12. Why does John Sutter visit the nursery in Chapter 1?
(a) To buy plants.
(b) To look into purchasing the nursery.
(c) To price out plants.
(d) To go to work.
13. In Chapter 2, what does John wonder about Frank Bellarosa?
(a) How he'll feel about not being accepted.
(b) How many times he has been to jail.
(c) How long he will live in the neighborhood.
(d) How old he is.
14. What statue does John see at Alhambra in Chapter 3?
(a) A serpant.
15. What does Susan want to do for the Bellarosas as a housewarming gift?
(b) Cook them dinner.
(c) Give them a piece of art.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Lester and Judy Remson react when they find out Bellarosa is moving next door to John and Susan?
2. What does Carolyn ask John about his personal life in Chapter 20?
3. How does John explain to Anna why he looks familiar to her?
4. What does Susan say about the security at the Bellarosas in Chapter 18?
5. What does Dominic refuse to do after the stables are moved?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)