|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John tell Lester Remson about living next door to Bellarosa?
(a) It's better than living next door to children.
(b) It's worse than living next door to satan.
(c) It's better than living next door to a farm.
(d) John doesn't say anything about living next to Bellarosa.
2. What do the Bellarosa's use the ballroom for in their estate?
(a) A living room.
(b) A ballroom.
(c) An art room.
(d) A dining room.
3. Why does John feel happy to be alive in Chapter 10?
(a) Because of his relationship with his wife.
(b) Because of something his sister says to him.
(c) Because of the Easter spirit.
(d) Because someone shot at him.
4. What does John ask Susan to do after Good Friday mass?
(a) Change religions.
(b) Move away.
(c) Change churches.
(d) Find a job.
5. In Chapter 18, what reason does John give for being surprised about the friendship developing between Susan and Anna?
(a) Anna spreads rumors.
(b) Susan is overly pushy.
(c) Susan is afraid of the Bellarosas.
(d) They are different.
6. Which club do John and Susan dine at in Chapter 5?
(a) The Creek Club.
(b) The Deer Club.
(c) The Crescent Club.
(d) The Diamond Club.
7. Why does John want Susan to pay a social call on Bellarosa?
(a) Because it's the proper thing to do.
(b) Because he wants to scare her.
(c) Because he is too afraid to do it.
(d) Because he wants her to realize Bellarosa is a normal person.
8. What does Susan say Bellarosa wants from John in Chapter 13?
(a) His house.
(b) His soul.
(c) His money.
(d) His wife.
9. What does Bellarosa's arrival on the Gold Coast signify for John, Susan, and their friends?
10. Whose law firm does John work for?
(a) His grandfather's.
(b) His father's.
(c) His uncle's.
(d) His cousin's.
11. Who did Mr. Melzer used to work for?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The IRS.
(d) The President.
12. What does Carolyn ask John about his personal life in Chapter 20?
(a) How he gets along with Susan.
(b) How much money he makes.
(c) Why he didn't pay his taxes.
(d) Why he is friends with Bellarosa.
13. What does Edward fish for in Chapter 21?
14. What does Anna serve John and Susan in Chapter 15?
(d) A pasta platter.
15. While visiting the Bellarosas in Chapter 15, what does John ask Frank Bellarosa about?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John describe having a personal relationship with Bellarosa?
2. How does John feel when Frank Bellarosa tells him he is moving next door?
3. What does John do when Bellarosa asks him to represent him in Chapter 11?
4. What does Susan want to do for the Bellarosas as a housewarming gift?
5. What does Susan admit about her childhood playhouse?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)