|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan admit about her childhood playhouse?
(a) That she hated it.
(b) That she burned it down.
(c) That she forced her parents to build it.
(d) That she hid drugs in the walls.
2. What does Edward offer to do to help with John's tax problems?
(a) Defend him in court.
(b) Write the IRS.
(c) Take money from his trust fund.
(d) Sell the beach house.
3. In Chapter 14, what does John ask Dominic about Stanhope Hall?
(a) If they can strip it of original fixtures.
(b) If it can be saved.
(c) If they can put an addition on it.
(d) If Bellarosa sent him to look at it.
4. Where does John's sister, Emily, live?
(c) New Mexico.
5. What does John do when Bellarosa asks him to represent him in Chapter 11?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He recommends him to a different lawyer.
(c) He tells Bellarosa to leave immediately.
(d) He agrees.
6. How does John treat his family during Easter in Chapter 10?
(a) He tells them all about his life.
(b) He avoids most of them.
(c) He catches up with them.
(d) He lends some of them money.
7. Which room does Bellarosa leave John and Susan in alone in Chapter 15?
(a) The study.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The living room.
(d) The dining room.
8. What does John ask Bellarosa about favors after dealing with the stables?
(a) If they are even.
(b) If there is anything else he can do.
(c) If Bellarosa will owe him another.
(d) If anyone knows about their deal.
9. How much money does Mr. Novac say John owes the IRS?
(a) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(b) One hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Fifty thousand dollars.
10. What does John think about Susan's parent's estate?
(a) That it will one day be his.
(b) That it is ugly.
(c) That it is like a temple.
(d) That it is wasted land.
11. In Chapter 13, what day of the week does John suppose Susan's stables will be moved?
12. What does Carolyn ask John about his personal life in Chapter 20?
(a) How he gets along with Susan.
(b) Why he is friends with Bellarosa.
(c) How much money he makes.
(d) Why he didn't pay his taxes.
13. Why does Bellarosa propose Susan and Anna become friends?
(a) Because Susan is a good influence.
(b) So Anna can seem prestigious.
(c) So Anna won't be lonely.
(d) Because Susan asked him.
14. What does John ask Susan to do after Good Friday mass?
(a) Find a job.
(b) Change religions.
(c) Change churches.
(d) Move away.
15. Where does Mr. Novac first visit John?
(a) At Mr. Novac's office.
(b) At John's office.
(c) At the country club.
(d) At home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what decision does John make about having drinks at Bellarosa's?
2. In Chapter 18, what reason does John give for being surprised about the friendship developing between Susan and Anna?
3. What does Anna serve John and Susan in Chapter 15?
4. In Chapter 16, what does Bellarosa say will happen if John leaves his house?
5. Who did Mr. Melzer used to work for?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)