|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John Sutter visit the nursery in Chapter 1?
(a) To go to work.
(b) To buy plants.
(c) To look into purchasing the nursery.
(d) To price out plants.
2. In Chapter 8, what does Susan tell John he needs to feel less disillusioned?
(a) Less money.
(b) A better job.
(c) A challenge.
(d) A vacation.
3. What does John tell Lester Remson about living next door to Bellarosa?
(a) It's better than living next door to a farm.
(b) It's worse than living next door to satan.
(c) John doesn't say anything about living next to Bellarosa.
(d) It's better than living next door to children.
4. What does John tell his children he might have to see?
(a) Their plane.
(b) Their summer home.
(c) Their cars.
(d) Their trust funds.
5. What does John think about Susan's parent's estate?
(a) That it is ugly.
(b) That it is like a temple.
(c) That it will one day be his.
(d) That it is wasted land.
6. Why does Susan tell John they can't go away for a few months in Chapter 21?
(a) Their money problems.
(b) His work.
(c) Their reputation.
(d) His promise to Bellarosa.
7. Who does Bellarosa say is setting him up in Juan's murder?
(a) The US Attorney General.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The President.
(d) The FBI.
8. In Chapter 18, what reason does John give for being surprised about the friendship developing between Susan and Anna?
(a) Susan is overly pushy.
(b) Susan is afraid of the Bellarosas.
(c) They are different.
(d) Anna spreads rumors.
9. What does Susan want to do for the Bellarosas as a housewarming gift?
(a) Give them a piece of art.
(d) Cook them dinner.
10. What does Susan admit about her childhood playhouse?
(a) That she hid drugs in the walls.
(b) That she burned it down.
(c) That she forced her parents to build it.
(d) That she hated it.
11. Where is John's office located?
(b) Staten Island.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) In his house.
12. In Chapter 14, what does John ask Dominic about Stanhope Hall?
(a) If it can be saved.
(b) If they can put an addition on it.
(c) If they can strip it of original fixtures.
(d) If Bellarosa sent him to look at it.
13. In Chapter 3, how does John get to Alhambra?
(a) On foot.
(b) A train.
(c) In a car.
14. What does Edward offer to do to help with John's tax problems?
(a) Sell the beach house.
(b) Take money from his trust fund.
(c) Defend him in court.
(d) Write the IRS.
15. What is Susan's horse's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John explain to Anna why he looks familiar to her?
2. What does Dominic refuse to do after the stables are moved?
3. Why does John wear his glasses while visiting the Bellarosas in Chapter 15?
4. Which shore of Long Island does John Sutter live on?
5. In Chapter 14, what decision does John make about having drinks at Bellarosa's?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)