|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is John's office located?
(a) Staten Island.
(b) In his house.
(d) New Jersey.
2. In Chapter 13, what day of the week does John suppose Susan's stables will be moved?
3. Whose law firm does John work for?
(a) His uncle's.
(b) His father's.
(c) His cousin's.
(d) His grandfather's.
4. In Chapter 14, what decision does John make about having drinks at Bellarosa's?
(a) To go there with Susan.
(b) To go alone.
(c) To show up late.
(d) To bring a bottle of wine.
5. While visiting the Bellarosas in Chapter 15, what does John ask Frank Bellarosa about?
6. What does John tell George to do if Bellarosa stops by for a second time?
(a) To not even open the door.
(b) To tell him to never come back.
(c) To take a picture.
(d) To let him in.
7. What statue does John see at Alhambra in Chapter 3?
(b) A serpant.
8. What does John tell his children he might have to see?
(a) Their summer home.
(b) Their trust funds.
(c) Their cars.
(d) Their plane.
9. How does John explain to Anna why he looks familiar to her?
(a) He ignores it entirely.
(b) He admits to trespassing on Easter.
(c) He jokes that they are related.
(d) He says he looks common.
10. What does Mr. Novac's first visit with John make John lose faith in?
(a) His accountant.
(b) The system.
(c) His job security.
11. What does Bellarosa's arrival on the Gold Coast signify for John, Susan, and their friends?
12. What does Edward fish for in Chapter 21?
13. How much money does Mr. Novac say John owes the IRS?
(a) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Fifty thousand dollars.
(d) One hundred thousand dollars.
14. What does John tell Bellarosa about getting a club membership?
(a) That they would love him to join.
(b) That it is too expensive.
(c) That they will never let him in.
(d) That it's better to buy golf games as he needs them.
15. Why does John Sutter visit the nursery in Chapter 1?
(a) To price out plants.
(b) To look into purchasing the nursery.
(c) To buy plants.
(d) To go to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what does Bellarosa say will happen if John leaves his house?
2. How does John feel when Frank Bellarosa tells him he is moving next door?
3. What does John think about Susan's parent's estate?
4. Why does Susan tell John they can't go away for a few months in Chapter 21?
5. Why do men and dogs chase John in Chapter 10?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)