|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John's sister, Emily, live?
(a) New Mexico.
2. What does John ask Susan to do after Good Friday mass?
(a) Move away.
(b) Change churches.
(c) Find a job.
(d) Change religions.
3. What does John tell his children he might have to see?
(a) Their plane.
(b) Their summer home.
(c) Their trust funds.
(d) Their cars.
4. In Chapter 13, what day of the week does John suppose Susan's stables will be moved?
5. What is John's reply to Susan's idea for a housewarming gift for the Bellarosas?
(a) That she should do something modest.
(b) That she shouldn't spend a lot of money.
(c) That she shouldn't get involved.
(d) That she should do something nice.
6. What does Susan say about the security at the Bellarosas in Chapter 18?
(a) It seems about average for the area.
(b) She says she never pays attention to that.
(c) It is high.
(d) There is hardly any at all.
7. In Chapter 18, what reason does John give for being surprised about the friendship developing between Susan and Anna?
(a) Anna spreads rumors.
(b) Susan is afraid of the Bellarosas.
(c) Susan is overly pushy.
(d) They are different.
8. What does Mr. Novac's first visit with John make John lose faith in?
(b) His accountant.
(c) The system.
(d) His job security.
9. Which room does Bellarosa leave John and Susan in alone in Chapter 15?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The living room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The study.
10. What does Bellarosa's arrival on the Gold Coast signify for John, Susan, and their friends?
11. Where is John's office located?
(a) Staten Island.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) In his house.
12. How much money does Mr. Novac say John owes the IRS?
(a) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Fifty thousand dollars.
(d) One hundred thousand dollars.
13. What does Carolyn ask John about his personal life in Chapter 20?
(a) How he gets along with Susan.
(b) Why he didn't pay his taxes.
(c) Why he is friends with Bellarosa.
(d) How much money he makes.
14. Why do John and Susan attend service at St. Mark's?
(a) Because they always have.
(b) Because it is close to home.
(c) Because Susan insists.
(d) Because the reverand gives the best sermon.
15. Whose law firm does John work for?
(a) His father's.
(b) His cousin's.
(c) His grandfather's.
(d) His uncle's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the stock certificates help John make up with Lester in Chapter 6?
2. What does Melzer offer John the first time they meet?
3. Why does Bellarosa tell John that Ferragamo is coming after him in the Juan case?
4. How does Bellarosa say the mafia differs from other criminals?
5. What statue does John see at Alhambra in Chapter 3?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)