|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edward fish for in Chapter 21?
2. What does Susan want to do for the Bellarosas as a housewarming gift?
(b) Give them a piece of art.
(c) Cook them dinner.
3. What does John do before going to his aunt's for Easter?
(a) Buys Susan a present.
(b) Meets with Bellarosa.
(c) Takes a nap
(d) Goes to the bar.
4. Who does Bellarosa say is setting him up in Juan's murder?
(a) The US Attorney General.
(b) The President.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The CIA.
5. Which club do John and Susan dine at in Chapter 5?
(a) The Diamond Club.
(b) The Deer Club.
(c) The Crescent Club.
(d) The Creek Club.
6. Why does Bellarosa tell John that Ferragamo is coming after him in the Juan case?
(a) As a type of revenge.
(b) They have a long standing fued.
(c) He's running for re-election.
(d) Because he gets a bonus.
7. What is John's reply to Susan's idea for a housewarming gift for the Bellarosas?
(a) That she should do something nice.
(b) That she shouldn't get involved.
(c) That she shouldn't spend a lot of money.
(d) That she should do something modest.
8. Where does John's sister, Emily, live?
(b) New Mexico.
9. Why does Bellarosa believe Mr. Novac is attacking John?
(a) Because he is jealous.
(b) Because he likes Susan.
(c) Because he gets a commission.
(d) Because of the money he owes.
10. What does Mr. Novac's first visit with John make John lose faith in?
(a) The system.
(b) His job security.
(d) His accountant.
11. What does Carolyn ask John about his personal life in Chapter 20?
(a) Why he didn't pay his taxes.
(b) How he gets along with Susan.
(c) How much money he makes.
(d) Why he is friends with Bellarosa.
12. How many acres of land was Susan given as a wedding gift?
13. In Chapter 13, why is John nervous about talking to Bellarosa on the phone about Dominic?
(a) He doesn't want to offend Bellarosa.
(b) He doesn't want to be friends with Bellarosa.
(c) He doesn't want Susan to hear him.
(d) In case the FBI is listening.
14. After talking about Susan's stables, why does John believe Bellarosa wants a relationship with him?
(c) As a cover.
(d) To show his power.
15. Why is Susan pleased Bellarosa moves in next door?
(a) Because the estate won't be divided.
(b) Because he will provide safety.
(c) Because it is entertaining.
(d) Susan dislikes Bellarosa moving in next door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bellarosa accused of murdering?
2. What does Susan admit about her childhood playhouse?
3. In Chapter 6, what is so exciting about the stock certificates an old woman brings to John?
4. Where does Bellarosa take John while Anna shows Susan around in Chapter 15?
5. While visiting the Bellarosas in Chapter 15, what does John ask Frank Bellarosa about?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)