|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John feel when Frank Bellarosa tells him he is moving next door?
2. What is Susan's horse's name?
3. Which shore of Long Island does John Sutter live on?
(a) The East shore.
(b) The South shore.
(c) The West shore.
(d) The North shore.
4. What does John tell George to do if Bellarosa stops by for a second time?
(a) To let him in.
(b) To not even open the door.
(c) To tell him to never come back.
(d) To take a picture.
5. Where does Bellarosa take John while Anna shows Susan around in Chapter 15?
(a) The basement.
(b) The library.
(c) The garage.
(d) The kitchen.
6. How much money does Mr. Novac say John owes the IRS?
(a) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Fifty thousand dollars.
(c) One hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Three hundred thousand dollars.
7. Why does John wear his glasses while visiting the Bellarosas in Chapter 15?
(a) To look different.
(b) To see better.
(c) To look older.
(d) To look smarter.
8. What does Susan say Bellarosa wants from John in Chapter 13?
(a) His house.
(b) His money.
(c) His soul.
(d) His wife.
9. In Chapter 11, what does Bellarosa want John to represent him in?
(a) A business deal.
(b) A real estate deal.
(c) A non-profit deal.
(d) A fundraiser.
10. What does Susan want to do for the Bellarosas as a housewarming gift?
(a) Give them a piece of art.
(d) Cook them dinner.
11. What does Lester Remson do for a living?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a stockbroker.
(c) He is an inventor.
(d) He is a business owner.
12. In Chapter 14, who makes arrangements for John and Susan to have drinks at Bellarosa's?
13. What does John notice about Bellarosa's Neptune statue in Chapter 10?
(a) That he smashed it.
(b) That he fixed it.
(c) That he removed it.
(d) That he painted it.
14. How many acres of land was Susan given as a wedding gift?
15. What does Melzer offer John the first time they meet?
(a) A vacation.
(b) A partnership.
(c) A new car.
(d) A check.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bellarosa say Melzer can do for John with his IRS problems?
2. How do Lester and Judy Remson react when they find out Bellarosa is moving next door to John and Susan?
3. Where is John's office located?
4. Why is Susan pleased Bellarosa moves in next door?
5. How does John explain to Anna why he looks familiar to her?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)