|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John explain to Anna why he looks familiar to her?
(a) He says he looks common.
(b) He jokes that they are related.
(c) He ignores it entirely.
(d) He admits to trespassing on Easter.
2. In Chapter 13, what day of the week does John suppose Susan's stables will be moved?
3. How does John feel when Frank Bellarosa tells him he is moving next door?
4. What does Edward fish for in Chapter 21?
5. What does Melzer offer John the first time they meet?
(a) A vacation.
(b) A new car.
(c) A check.
(d) A partnership.
6. In Chapter 2, what does John wonder about Frank Bellarosa?
(a) How old he is.
(b) How he'll feel about not being accepted.
(c) How many times he has been to jail.
(d) How long he will live in the neighborhood.
7. Which room does Bellarosa leave John and Susan in alone in Chapter 15?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The study.
(d) The living room.
8. In Chapter 14, how does John feel about having drinks at Bellarosa's?
9. Which club do John and Susan dine at in Chapter 5?
(a) The Crescent Club.
(b) The Creek Club.
(c) The Deer Club.
(d) The Diamond Club.
10. In Chapter 6, what is so exciting about the stock certificates an old woman brings to John?
(a) The amount of them.
(b) Their age.
(c) Their signature.
(d) The amount of money lost in them.
11. What does John ask Susan to do after Good Friday mass?
(a) Find a job.
(b) Move away.
(c) Change churches.
(d) Change religions.
12. What does Bellarosa say Melzer can do for John with his IRS problems?
(a) Make the whole thing go away.
(b) Save him from facing criminal charges.
(c) Defend him cheaply.
(d) Negotiate better terms.
13. Why does John Sutter visit the nursery in Chapter 1?
(a) To price out plants.
(b) To go to work.
(c) To look into purchasing the nursery.
(d) To buy plants.
14. Why does Bellarosa tell John that Ferragamo is coming after him in the Juan case?
(a) He's running for re-election.
(b) Because he gets a bonus.
(c) As a type of revenge.
(d) They have a long standing fued.
15. What does Dominic refuse to do after the stables are moved?
(a) Send a message to Frank Bellarosa.
(b) Discuss the bill.
(c) Do any more work.
(d) Help with the horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lester want to do with the old woman's stocks in Chapter 8?
2. How does John describe having a personal relationship with Bellarosa?
3. How do Lester and Judy Remson react when they find out Bellarosa is moving next door to John and Susan?
4. What do the Bellarosa's use the ballroom for in their estate?
5. How does Bellarosa say the mafia differs from other criminals?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)