|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through part IV: Chapters 18-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what reason does John give for being surprised about the friendship developing between Susan and Anna?
(a) Susan is overly pushy.
(b) Anna spreads rumors.
(c) They are different.
(d) Susan is afraid of the Bellarosas.
2. Why does Bellarosa believe Mr. Novac is attacking John?
(a) Because he gets a commission.
(b) Because he is jealous.
(c) Because he likes Susan.
(d) Because of the money he owes.
3. In Chapter 14, what decision does John make about having drinks at Bellarosa's?
(a) To bring a bottle of wine.
(b) To go alone.
(c) To go there with Susan.
(d) To show up late.
4. Why does John wear his glasses while visiting the Bellarosas in Chapter 15?
(a) To look smarter.
(b) To look different.
(c) To look older.
(d) To see better.
5. What does John ask Bellarosa about favors after dealing with the stables?
(a) If there is anything else he can do.
(b) If they are even.
(c) If anyone knows about their deal.
(d) If Bellarosa will owe him another.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bellarosa say Melzer can do for John with his IRS problems?
2. What does Melzer offer John the first time they meet?
3. In Chapter 13, what day of the week does John suppose Susan's stables will be moved?
4. Which shore of Long Island does John Sutter live on?
5. What does Bellarosa give John while he is playing tennis?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)