|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 11-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do John and Susan attend service at St. Mark's?
(a) Because they always have.
(b) Because Susan insists.
(c) Because the reverand gives the best sermon.
(d) Because it is close to home.
2. In Chapter 6, what is so exciting about the stock certificates an old woman brings to John?
(a) Their age.
(b) The amount of them.
(c) The amount of money lost in them.
(d) Their signature.
3. What does John do when Bellarosa asks him to represent him in Chapter 11?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He tells Bellarosa to leave immediately.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He recommends him to a different lawyer.
4. How many acres of land was Susan given as a wedding gift?
5. What does Bellarosa give John while he is playing tennis?
(a) A watch.
(b) Vegetable plants.
(d) Advice on tennis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John notice about Bellarosa's Neptune statue in Chapter 10?
2. After talking about Susan's stables, why does John believe Bellarosa wants a relationship with him?
3. In Chapter 7, how does John react when the Allards both fall ill?
4. What does John tell Lester Remson about living next door to Bellarosa?
5. What does John ask Susan to do after Good Friday mass?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)