|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 11-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan fear Frank Bellarosa won't understand?
(a) The English language.
(b) The value of his art.
(c) The proper way to behave.
(d) The rights of horseriders.
2. What does Lester Remson do for a living?
(a) He is a business owner.
(b) He is a stockbroker.
(c) He is an inventor.
(d) He is a writer.
3. Why does John want Susan to pay a social call on Bellarosa?
(a) Because he wants her to realize Bellarosa is a normal person.
(b) Because he is too afraid to do it.
(c) Because he wants to scare her.
(d) Because it's the proper thing to do.
4. How do the stock certificates help John make up with Lester in Chapter 6?
(a) Because John promises to give Lester the stocks.
(b) Because of the funny story John tells about the stocks.
(c) Because Lester is excited about the stocks.
(d) Because of the business deal they make.
5. What statue does John see at Alhambra in Chapter 3?
(d) A serpant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do men and dogs chase John in Chapter 10?
2. In Chapter 11, what does Bellarosa ask John about legally?
3. Where is John's office located?
4. Why does John Sutter visit the nursery in Chapter 1?
5. What does John think about Susan's parent's estate?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)