|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 11-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John treat his family during Easter in Chapter 10?
(a) He avoids most of them.
(b) He catches up with them.
(c) He tells them all about his life.
(d) He lends some of them money.
2. What does Bellarosa's arrival on the Gold Coast signify for John, Susan, and their friends?
3. What is Susan Sutter's family's house called?
(a) Blossom Hall.
(b) Hopewell Hall.
(c) Residency Hall.
(d) Stanhope Hall.
4. Why does John want Susan to pay a social call on Bellarosa?
(a) Because he is too afraid to do it.
(b) Because he wants to scare her.
(c) Because it's the proper thing to do.
(d) Because he wants her to realize Bellarosa is a normal person.
5. Why does John Sutter visit the nursery in Chapter 1?
(a) To go to work.
(b) To look into purchasing the nursery.
(c) To buy plants.
(d) To price out plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what is so exciting about the stock certificates an old woman brings to John?
2. After talking about Susan's stables, why does John believe Bellarosa wants a relationship with him?
3. In Chapter 14, what does John ask Dominic about Stanhope Hall?
4. What does Susan say Bellarosa wants from John in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 13, why does Bellarosa tell John he will send a builder over?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)