|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 11-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John do before going to his aunt's for Easter?
(a) Goes to the bar.
(b) Takes a nap
(c) Buys Susan a present.
(d) Meets with Bellarosa.
2. Why does John want Susan to pay a social call on Bellarosa?
(a) Because it's the proper thing to do.
(b) Because he wants her to realize Bellarosa is a normal person.
(c) Because he wants to scare her.
(d) Because he is too afraid to do it.
3. What does John ask Bellarosa about favors after dealing with the stables?
(a) If there is anything else he can do.
(b) If anyone knows about their deal.
(c) If they are even.
(d) If Bellarosa will owe him another.
4. How do Lester and Judy Remson react when they find out Bellarosa is moving next door to John and Susan?
(a) They are not impressed.
(b) They are in shock.
(c) They are angry.
(d) They laugh.
5. In Chapter 13, what day of the week does John suppose Susan's stables will be moved?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lester want to do with the old woman's stocks in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 6, what is so exciting about the stock certificates an old woman brings to John?
3. What is Susan Sutter's family's house called?
4. Why does John Sutter visit the nursery in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 13, why does Bellarosa tell John he will send a builder over?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)