|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Lester and Judy Remson react when they find out Bellarosa is moving next door to John and Susan?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They are not impressed.
(d) They are in shock.
2. In Chapter 3, how does John get to Alhambra?
(b) On foot.
(c) In a car.
(d) A train.
3. What does John think about Susan's parent's estate?
(a) That it will one day be his.
(b) That it is like a temple.
(c) That it is wasted land.
(d) That it is ugly.
4. Whose law firm does John work for?
(a) His father's.
(b) His grandfather's.
(c) His cousin's.
(d) His uncle's.
5. What does John tell Lester Remson about living next door to Bellarosa?
(a) It's better than living next door to children.
(b) It's worse than living next door to satan.
(c) It's better than living next door to a farm.
(d) John doesn't say anything about living next to Bellarosa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John feel happy to be alive in Chapter 10?
2. How do the stock certificates help John make up with Lester in Chapter 6?
3. Which shore of Long Island does John Sutter live on?
4. How does John feel when Frank Bellarosa tells him he is moving next door?
5. Why does John Sutter visit the nursery in Chapter 1?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)