|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does John wonder about Frank Bellarosa?
(a) How he'll feel about not being accepted.
(b) How long he will live in the neighborhood.
(c) How many times he has been to jail.
(d) How old he is.
2. Why does John want Susan to pay a social call on Bellarosa?
(a) Because he is too afraid to do it.
(b) Because he wants to scare her.
(c) Because it's the proper thing to do.
(d) Because he wants her to realize Bellarosa is a normal person.
3. How do the stock certificates help John make up with Lester in Chapter 6?
(a) Because Lester is excited about the stocks.
(b) Because John promises to give Lester the stocks.
(c) Because of the business deal they make.
(d) Because of the funny story John tells about the stocks.
4. What does Lester want to do with the old woman's stocks in Chapter 8?
(a) Put them in a museum.
(b) Transfer them to cash.
(c) Re-invest them.
(d) Turn them into bonds.
5. Why does John feel happy to be alive in Chapter 10?
(a) Because of something his sister says to him.
(b) Because of his relationship with his wife.
(c) Because of the Easter spirit.
(d) Because someone shot at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John ask Susan to do after Good Friday mass?
2. In Chapter 8, what does Susan tell John he needs to feel less disillusioned?
3. How many cars do John, Susan, and their servants take to St. Mark's in Chapter 4?
4. Why does John Sutter visit the nursery in Chapter 1?
5. What does Susan fear Frank Bellarosa won't understand?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)