|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John think about Susan's parent's estate?
(a) That it will one day be his.
(b) That it is wasted land.
(c) That it is ugly.
(d) That it is like a temple.
2. Which shore of Long Island does John Sutter live on?
(a) The West shore.
(b) The East shore.
(c) The North shore.
(d) The South shore.
3. What does John notice about Bellarosa's Neptune statue in Chapter 10?
(a) That he removed it.
(b) That he smashed it.
(c) That he fixed it.
(d) That he painted it.
4. In Chapter 2, what does John wonder about Frank Bellarosa?
(a) How long he will live in the neighborhood.
(b) How old he is.
(c) How many times he has been to jail.
(d) How he'll feel about not being accepted.
5. In Chapter 8, what does Susan tell John he needs to feel less disillusioned?
(a) A vacation.
(b) Less money.
(c) A challenge.
(d) A better job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John feel happy to be alive in Chapter 10?
2. How does John feel when Frank Bellarosa tells him he is moving next door?
3. How do Lester and Judy Remson react when they find out Bellarosa is moving next door to John and Susan?
4. What does Lester Remson do for a living?
5. How many acres of land was Susan given as a wedding gift?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)