|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John think about Susan's parent's estate?
(a) That it is ugly.
(b) That it is like a temple.
(c) That it will one day be his.
(d) That it is wasted land.
2. Why do John and Susan attend service at St. Mark's?
(a) Because they always have.
(b) Because Susan insists.
(c) Because it is close to home.
(d) Because the reverand gives the best sermon.
3. Why does John want Susan to pay a social call on Bellarosa?
(a) Because he is too afraid to do it.
(b) Because it's the proper thing to do.
(c) Because he wants her to realize Bellarosa is a normal person.
(d) Because he wants to scare her.
4. In Chapter 8, what does Susan tell John he needs to feel less disillusioned?
(a) A better job.
(b) A vacation.
(c) A challenge.
(d) Less money.
5. Whose law firm does John work for?
(a) His grandfather's.
(b) His uncle's.
(c) His father's.
(d) His cousin's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John ask Susan to do after Good Friday mass?
2. How many cars do John, Susan, and their servants take to St. Mark's in Chapter 4?
3. How do the stock certificates help John make up with Lester in Chapter 6?
4. What does John tell George to do if Bellarosa stops by for a second time?
5. What does Bellarosa's arrival on the Gold Coast signify for John, Susan, and their friends?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)