|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John Sutter visit the nursery in Chapter 1?
(a) To buy plants.
(b) To go to work.
(c) To look into purchasing the nursery.
(d) To price out plants.
2. What does John think about Susan's parent's estate?
(a) That it will one day be his.
(b) That it is like a temple.
(c) That it is ugly.
(d) That it is wasted land.
3. In Chapter 6, what is so exciting about the stock certificates an old woman brings to John?
(a) Their signature.
(b) Their age.
(c) The amount of money lost in them.
(d) The amount of them.
4. What is Susan's horse's name?
5. Why do John and Susan attend service at St. Mark's?
(a) Because the reverand gives the best sermon.
(b) Because Susan insists.
(c) Because it is close to home.
(d) Because they always have.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does John wonder about Frank Bellarosa?
2. Where does John wake up on Easter Sunday?
3. How many cars do John, Susan, and their servants take to St. Mark's in Chapter 4?
4. How do Lester and Judy Remson react when they find out Bellarosa is moving next door to John and Susan?
5. What does Susan fear Frank Bellarosa won't understand?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)