|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John's sister, Emily, live?
(c) New Mexico.
2. What does Lester want to do with the old woman's stocks in Chapter 8?
(a) Put them in a museum.
(b) Turn them into bonds.
(c) Re-invest them.
(d) Transfer them to cash.
3. What statue does John see at Alhambra in Chapter 3?
(a) A serpant.
4. What does John do before going to his aunt's for Easter?
(a) Goes to the bar.
(b) Buys Susan a present.
(c) Meets with Bellarosa.
(d) Takes a nap
5. How does John treat his family during Easter in Chapter 10?
(a) He tells them all about his life.
(b) He catches up with them.
(c) He lends some of them money.
(d) He avoids most of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do men and dogs chase John in Chapter 10?
2. What does Bellarosa's arrival on the Gold Coast signify for John, Susan, and their friends?
3. Why does John Sutter visit the nursery in Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 6, what is so exciting about the stock certificates an old woman brings to John?
5. Why do John and Susan attend service at St. Mark's?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)