|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the stock certificates help John make up with Lester in Chapter 6?
(a) Because of the business deal they make.
(b) Because of the funny story John tells about the stocks.
(c) Because John promises to give Lester the stocks.
(d) Because Lester is excited about the stocks.
2. Why do men and dogs chase John in Chapter 10?
(a) For being a suspect.
(b) For being on the Bellarosa property.
(c) For coming in the wrong door at his family's house.
(d) For being considered a missing person.
3. Where does John wake up on Easter Sunday?
(a) His own bed.
(b) The ground.
(c) Bellarosa's house.
(d) The country club.
4. Why does John want Susan to pay a social call on Bellarosa?
(a) Because it's the proper thing to do.
(b) Because he wants to scare her.
(c) Because he is too afraid to do it.
(d) Because he wants her to realize Bellarosa is a normal person.
5. What does Lester Remson do for a living?
(a) He is an inventor.
(b) He is a stockbroker.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a business owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John feel happy to be alive in Chapter 10?
2. How does John treat his family during Easter in Chapter 10?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Susan tell John he needs to feel less disillusioned?
4. In Chapter 7, how does John react when the Allards both fall ill?
5. In Chapter 6, what is so exciting about the stock certificates an old woman brings to John?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)