|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how does John react when the Allards both fall ill?
(a) He tells Susan to take care of them.
(b) He docks their pay.
(c) He takes care of them.
(d) He sends them both to the doctor.
2. When the Sutters children come home in Chapter 20, where do they go?
(c) Mountain climbing.
(d) Shopping in Manhattan.
3. Why does Bellarosa give the priests a large check?
(a) To get them on his side.
(b) To show off in front of John.
(c) To save the church.
(d) To finish a business deal.
4. What does Bellarosa ask John when he takes Jenny back to his hotel room?
(a) Why he's with her.
(b) What time it is.
(c) What is wrong.
(d) How old she is.
5. At the end of Chapter 24, what does John do?
(a) Go for a walk.
(b) Leave the house.
(c) Go to bed.
(d) Destroy some of his furniture.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John learn that he is separated from Susan?
2. What does Mr. Novac's first visit with John make John lose faith in?
3. In Chapter 14, what decision does John make about having drinks at Bellarosa's?
4. How much money does Bellarosa bet John in Chapter 26 about the day of his arrest?
5. What does Susan admit about her childhood playhouse?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)