|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 11-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan say Bellarosa wants from John in Chapter 13?
(a) His wife.
(b) His money.
(c) His house.
(d) His soul.
2. What does John think about Susan's parent's estate?
(a) That it is like a temple.
(b) That it will one day be his.
(c) That it is ugly.
(d) That it is wasted land.
3. Where does John's sister, Emily, live?
(a) New Mexico.
4. How do the stock certificates help John make up with Lester in Chapter 6?
(a) Because of the business deal they make.
(b) Because John promises to give Lester the stocks.
(c) Because Lester is excited about the stocks.
(d) Because of the funny story John tells about the stocks.
5. Why does John have to talk to Bellarosa about moving Susan's stables?
(a) Because he will need help moving them.
(b) Because the work will be loud.
(c) Because they are on Bellarosa's land.
(d) Because they will be near his property.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which shore of Long Island does John Sutter live on?
2. In Chapter 14, who makes arrangements for John and Susan to have drinks at Bellarosa's?
3. What does John do before going to his aunt's for Easter?
4. What does John do when Bellarosa asks him to represent him in Chapter 11?
5. How does John describe having a business relationship with Bellarosa?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)