|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 22-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John think about Susan's parent's estate?
(a) That it will one day be his.
(b) That it is like a temple.
(c) That it is ugly.
(d) That it is wasted land.
2. What does Bellarosa say Melzer can do for John with his IRS problems?
(a) Save him from facing criminal charges.
(b) Make the whole thing go away.
(c) Defend him cheaply.
(d) Negotiate better terms.
3. How do the stock certificates help John make up with Lester in Chapter 6?
(a) Because John promises to give Lester the stocks.
(b) Because Lester is excited about the stocks.
(c) Because of the funny story John tells about the stocks.
(d) Because of the business deal they make.
4. Why do men and dogs chase John in Chapter 10?
(a) For coming in the wrong door at his family's house.
(b) For being a suspect.
(c) For being on the Bellarosa property.
(d) For being considered a missing person.
5. In Chapter 23, what does Mancuso tell John about the mafia?
(a) That they have been romanticized.
(b) That Bellarosa is too influential.
(c) That they aren't as powerful as they were.
(d) That they follow rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bellarosa tell John he wants him to do in regard to his bail?
2. When the Sutters children come home in Chapter 20, where do they go?
3. In Chapter 23, what story does Mancuso tell John about Bellarosa?
4. Where does Mr. Novac first visit John?
5. In Chapter 24, how does John treat William Stanhope at dinner?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)