|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Chapters 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John decide to stop talking to people while he stays at the Plaza Hotel?
(a) He doesn't have anything else to say to them.
(b) He thinks the people there are boring.
(c) It may not be wise.
(d) Bellarosa tells him to stop.
2. What does Bellarosa say Melzer can do for John with his IRS problems?
(a) Negotiate better terms.
(b) Make the whole thing go away.
(c) Defend him cheaply.
(d) Save him from facing criminal charges.
3. In Chapter 14, what decision does John make about having drinks at Bellarosa's?
(a) To bring a bottle of wine.
(b) To go alone.
(c) To show up late.
(d) To go there with Susan.
4. Why do Bellarosa and John wait for the midnight papers to come out?
(a) To get the weather report.
(b) To help them stay awake all night.
(c) To read the different stories about Bellarosa's arrest.
(d) To look for hidden messages.
5. In Chapter 18, what reason does John give for being surprised about the friendship developing between Susan and Anna?
(a) Anna spreads rumors.
(b) Susan is overly pushy.
(c) They are different.
(d) Susan is afraid of the Bellarosas.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 28, why does Bellarosa suggest John call Ferragamo?
2. Why does Susan tell John they can't go away for a few months in Chapter 21?
3. When Bellarosa meets with people in the restaurant in Chapter 28, what does John assume is happening?
4. In Chapter 13, why does Bellarosa tell John he will send a builder over?
5. How much money does Mr. Novac say John owes the IRS?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)