Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Part I: Chapters 1-5 Abstract
* John and Susan live in the affluent Gold Coast area.
* John learns that Bellarosa, a mafia don is moving next door.
* John and Susan try to adjust to this news.
Part II: Chapters 6-10 Abstract
* Lester suggests converting John's clients stocks into cash and taking the money.
* John becomes jealous when...
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)