|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to the same conclusions that Denison did on Earth, according to Gottstein?
2. Who is able to find Dua and feed her food in Chapter 6b?
3. Why is Neville upset with Selene in Chapter 5?
4. What does the man that Selene finds say that he is considering doing in Chapter 4?
5. Who is the tour guide for the Lunar colony in Chapter 1 of Section 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dua keep from being seen in Chapter 3a?
2. Why does Dua feel betrayed in Chapter 4?
3. Why is Tritt angry and hurt in Chapter 5c?
4. What is Dua determined to do in Chapter 5a?
5. What do Selene and Denison discuss on the surface of the moon?
6. Describe Selene.
7. What does Gottstein reveal to Denison in Chapter 6?
8. Wat is Selene guessing at and what does Denison realize about her in Chapter 10?
9. Describe the odd man that Selene meets.
10. What do the Hard Ones fear about Dua in Chapter 5b?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe some of the settings for "The Gods Themselves". What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. How do these settings even if imaginary, reflect modern settings or culture? Why did the author choose to use these places in "The Gods Themselves"?
Essay Topic 2
The author describes aliens in great detail in the second part of the book, ranging from hard to soft sexes. Are the aliens masculine or feminine? What is distinctive about these different classes? How do the bodies of aliens differ from that of humans? How are they similar or different from humans or robots in cognitive, emotional, and intellectual behavior? Describe.
Essay Topic 3
The role of women in this book takes on very different forms. For example, Dua is an alien while Selene is tour guide for the Lunar colony of the moon. Describe and compare.
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)