|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who insists on finding Dua in Chapter 5c?
2. What is unusual about Lunarites that prevents regular tourists from attending some events in Chapter 4?
3. What theory does Selene want to know about in Chapter 10?
4. When Dua runs out, who advises Odeen and Tritt to let her go in Chapter 3c?
5. What about Tritt amazes the visitors to the cave in Chapter 3c?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Odeen realize about Tritt in Chapter 4b?
2. Describe Selene.
3. Why does Denison think that no one will do without the pump?
4. How does Dua keep from being seen in Chapter 3a?
5. What does Dua realize about Estwald and what happens subsequently in Chapter 7abc?
6. What does Odeen realize about passing and fear in Chapter 4b?
7. Describe Neville.
8. How does Dua begin to melt in Chapter 3b?
9. Why is Tritt angry and hurt in Chapter 5c?
10. What do the Hard Ones fear about Dua in Chapter 5b?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Hallam and Lamont are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Dr. Hallam had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Lamont had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 2
"The Gods Themselves" is particularly effective in conveying meaning through powerful imagery. Powerful imagery to establish connections in the minds of readers with the story's characters and plot. Imagery is the picture we form in our minds of the story we read. It can involve, visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, tactile, kinetic, and kinesthetic. The author uses these imagery to translate words into a visual story that we can see and participate in within our minds. Describe the use of imagery in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in "The Gods Themselves". Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)