|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends Bronowski a message in Chapter 6?
2. Which member of the Triad speaks to Dua in Chapter 1b?
3. What does Tritt find that makes wonderful food but no Sun in Chapter 2c?
4. Who does Lamont visit in Chapter 8?
5. What two substances appear to produce the same energy in different habitats according to Hallam in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship of the Emotional, Parental, and Rational in having a baby.
2. Describe Burton.
3. Describe Dr. Lamont.
4. What does Odeen learn from Losten in Chapter 2b?
5. Describe the Hard Ones.
6. Why did Dua not want to eat her fill in Chapter 2a?
7. What startling discovery does Lamont make about the Electron Pump in Chapter 5?
8. Describe Lamont's interview with Hallam in Chapter 3.
9. What does Tritt do in Chapter 2c that is unusual?
10. Describe Tritt.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe some of the settings for "The Gods Themselves". What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. How do these settings even if imaginary, reflect modern settings or culture? Why did the author choose to use these places in "The Gods Themselves"?
Essay Topic 2
Space travel appears throughout "The Gods Themselves". Who travels? Who stays behind? In what ways are characters motivated by their ability to travel? What is their effect on other characters and their lives? Do these characters change over time? Why or why not? Describe.
Essay Topic 3
Asimov discusses both reproduction and sexuality in detail, contrasting humans and aliens in "The Gods Themselves". Find some examples in the book and discuss the effect of these topics on the characters of Denison and Lamont.
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)