|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the language that is being deciphered in Chapter 4?
2. Who does not care if there is a third baby or not in Chapter 2a?
3. What two substances appear to produce the same energy in different habitats according to Hallam in Chapter 2?
4. What effect did losing grants have on Lamont in Chapter 5?
5. How would a third baby come about in Chapter 2a?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important to feed Dua in Chapter 1c?
2. Why is Tritt worried in Chapter 1c?
3. Describe Tritt.
4. What does Odeen learn from Losten in Chapter 2b?
5. What startling discovery does Lamont make about the Electron Pump in Chapter 5?
6. Describe Odeen.
7. What is special about Plutonium in Chapter 1?
8. Why is an Emotional necessary for a baby in Chapter 2a?
9. What is Losten's answer for helping Dua in Chapter 2b?
10. Why did Dua not want to eat her fill in Chapter 2a?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Asimov's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 2
There are many different cultures in "The Gods Themselves" related to the different kinds of characters (people, robots, aliens) and the different settings (earth, moon, etc.) Which aspects appear invented and which characters seem modeled or inspired by real people in Asimov's life? Do some research and discuss.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a character that Denison grows to like and become familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)