|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the message that comes from the para men in Chapter 10?
2. Who does not like to be ordered around by anyone in Chapter 7?
3. Who has nothing to give satisfaction in Chapter 2a?
4. What action caused the Soft Ones pain in Chapter 1b?
5. What does Odeen suggest to do after learning about the Universe in Chapter 2a?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Dua not want to eat her fill in Chapter 2a?
2. Why is it important to feed Dua in Chapter 1c?
3. How does Dr. Hallam's life change in Chapter 1?
4. Describe Dr. Bronowski.
5. Describe the Hard Ones.
6. Describe Lamont's interview with Hallam in Chapter 3.
7. What is Hallam's theory about the tungsten in Chapter 2?
8. Describe Burton.
9. Describe Tritt.
10. Why is Tritt worried in Chapter 1c?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in "The Gods Themselves". Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character that Denison grows to like and become familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
Essay Topic 3
There are many different cultures in "The Gods Themselves" related to the different kinds of characters (people, robots, aliens) and the different settings (earth, moon, etc.) Which aspects appear invented and which characters seem modeled or inspired by real people in Asimov's life? Do some research and discuss.
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)