|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was angry at Lamont and turned down his grants in Chapter 5?
2. Who finally agrees to help Lamont in Chapter 4?
3. During the tests, what measurement goes up every time it is tested in Chapter 1?
4. What kind of role does the Hard One leading the project play?
5. Why is Lamont visibly upset in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Hallam's life change in Chapter 1?
2. Why is it important to feed Dua in Chapter 1c?
3. What does Dr. Bronowski discover in Chapter 6?
4. Why is an Emotional necessary for a baby in Chapter 2a?
5. Describe Dr. Lamont.
6. Describe the relationship of the Emotional, Parental, and Rational in having a baby.
7. What is Losten's answer for helping Dua in Chapter 2b?
8. Describe Lamont's interview with Hallam in Chapter 3.
9. What does Odeen learn from Losten in Chapter 2b?
10. What is special about Plutonium in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Denison. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
"The Gods Themselves" is particularly effective in conveying meaning through powerful imagery. Powerful imagery to establish connections in the minds of readers with the story's characters and plot. Imagery is the picture we form in our minds of the story we read. It can involve, visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, tactile, kinetic, and kinesthetic. The author uses these imagery to translate words into a visual story that we can see and participate in within our minds. Describe the use of imagery in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a character that Denison grows to like and become familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)