|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Lamont take the message to anyone in Chapter 10?
(a) Cannot be proved to have come from the para universe.
(b) It is invisible.
(c) Cannot be deciphered by anyone on their planet.
(d) No one will believe them.
2. Who sends Bronowski a message in Chapter 6?
(a) Para men.
3. What does Bronowski say about the people who are like them in the para universe in Chapter 10?
(a) They want to stop the pump too.
(b) They are afraid of death.
(c) They think the pump is good.
(d) They are powerful.
4. What/who did Hallam suggest was responsible for exchanging substances in Chapter 2?
(b) Light cathodes.
5. Who does Lamont visit in Chapter 8?
(a) Joshua Chen.
(b) Senator Burton.
(c) Frederick Hallam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could the Triad do once Dua arrived in Chapter 1c?
2. When Dr. Lamont was younger, what was he writing a paper about in Chapter 2?
3. Who finally agrees to help Lamont in Chapter 4?
4. Who desperately wants a third baby in Chapter 1c?
5. What is the word in the message that Bronowski receives in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Bronowski discover in Chapter 6?
2. Describe Lamont's interview with Hallam in Chapter 3.
3. What does Hallam say about energy and the two universes in Chapter 2?
4. Describe Dua.
5. Describe Dr. Lamont.
6. Describe Dr. Bronowski.
7. What is special about Plutonium in Chapter 1?
8. Why is it important to feed Dua in Chapter 1c?
9. Describe the Hard Ones.
10. What is Hallam's theory about the tungsten in Chapter 2?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)