|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person/creature that Odeen talks to in Chapter 2a?
2. What action caused the Soft Ones pain in Chapter 1b?
(a) Running away.
(c) Touching Hard Ones.
(d) Talking or Eating.
3. What does Bronowski say about the people who are like them in the para universe in Chapter 10?
(a) They think the pump is good.
(b) They are afraid of death.
(c) They want to stop the pump too.
(d) They are powerful.
4. Who supplied the seed in Chapter 2a?
(d) Hard Ones.
5. What does an Emotional provide for the baby in Chapter 2a?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lamont think is corrupting the Sun in Chapter 5?
2. What does Hallam theorize has different laws than our own in Chapter 2?
3. What does Odeen's friend suggest that he find for Dua in Chapter 2a?
4. Why can't Lamont take the message to anyone in Chapter 10?
5. What is the message that comes from the para men in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Lamont because of Hallam's anger in Chapter 5?
2. How does Dr. Hallam's life change in Chapter 1?
3. What is Losten's answer for helping Dua in Chapter 2b?
4. What is special about Plutonium in Chapter 1?
5. Describe Burton.
6. What does Lamont do with his new knowledge that leaves him visibly upset in Chapter 6?
7. Why is it important to feed Dua in Chapter 1c?
8. What is Hallam's theory about the tungsten in Chapter 2?
9. What startling discovery does Lamont make about the Electron Pump in Chapter 5?
10. Describe Dr. Bronowski.
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)