|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After some tests, what mysterious substance is discovered in Chapter 1?
(a) Halium 23.
(b) Montium 46.
(c) Plutonium 186.
(d) Selenium 145.
2. What does Bronowski say about the people who are like them in the para universe in Chapter 10?
(a) They think the pump is good.
(b) They are afraid of death.
(c) They want to stop the pump too.
(d) They are powerful.
3. What effect did losing grants have on Lamont in Chapter 5?
(a) Made him insistent on proving he is right.
(b) Made him lose his nerve.
(c) Made him violent.
(d) Made his terribly anxious and worried.
4. Who is deciphering the code of a long forgotten language in Chapter 4?
(d) Dr. Bronowski.
5. Why can't Lamont take the message to anyone in Chapter 10?
(a) Cannot be proved to have come from the para universe.
(b) It is invisible.
(c) Cannot be deciphered by anyone on their planet.
(d) No one will believe them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who began to spend more and more time alone in Chapter 1c?
2. What will happen if the Sun explodes, according to Bronowski?
3. Who acted as caregiver in Chapter 2a?
4. What does Bronowski advise Lamont to do in Chapter 10?
5. Who does Burton admit told him to not see Lamont in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is special about Plutonium in Chapter 1?
2. Why did Dua not want to eat her fill in Chapter 2a?
3. What is Losten's answer for helping Dua in Chapter 2b?
4. Describe Odeen.
5. Describe Dr. Lamont.
6. What does Dr. Bronowski discover in Chapter 6?
7. Describe Burton.
8. Describe Dr. Bronowski.
9. What happens to Lamont because of Hallam's anger in Chapter 5?
10. How does Dr. Hallam's life change in Chapter 1?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)