|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has nothing to give satisfaction in Chapter 2a?
2. How long has Lamont been working on his theory in Chapter 5?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 27 months.
(c) A year.
(d) 5 days.
3. Who does Odeen tell that he is having problems with Dua in Chapter 2a?
4. Why is Lamont visibly upset in Chapter 6?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) He feels sick.
(c) His interview failed.
(d) His theory was wrong.
5. Who does Odeen feel the need to talk to in Chapter 2a?
(a) His teacher.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
6. Who is the Hard One leading the project according to Losten in Chapter 2a?
7. What does having a third baby signify for Dua in Chapter 2a?
(a) Passing on.
(b) A long life.
(d) Sagging body.
8. What is the source that is producing less energy in Chapter 2a?
9. Who leaves Lamont alone in his office at the end of Chapter 10?
(c) Para men.
10. Who began to spend more and more time alone in Chapter 1c?
11. Who desperately wants a third baby in Chapter 1c?
12. What does Bronowski advise Lamont to do in Chapter 10?
(a) Write his will.
(b) Go live life.
(c) Fight till death.
(d) Run away.
13. What kind of role does the Hard One leading the project play?
14. Why can't Lamont take the message to anyone in Chapter 10?
(a) Cannot be deciphered by anyone on their planet.
(b) Cannot be proved to have come from the para universe.
(c) It is invisible.
(d) No one will believe them.
15. What is the dwelling of the Hard Ones that Tritt visits in Chapter 2c?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are more advanced technologically but not necessarily smarter than Hallam and the rest in Chapter 4?
2. What does Lamont think is corrupting the Sun in Chapter 5?
3. Who is the father of the Electron Pump?
4. Who does Lamont make an appointment with in Chapter 5?
5. Who does not care if there is a third baby or not in Chapter 2a?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)