|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Frederick Hallam's profession?
(a) University professor.
(b) Plutonium engineer.
2. What does Odeen suggest to do after learning about the Universe in Chapter 2a?
(a) Build a spaceship.
(b) Find another one.
(c) Run away.
(d) Blow it up.
3. What does Odeen learn about the Universe?
(a) It is expanding and growing.
(b) It is big and overwhelming.
(c) It is shriveling and dying.
(d) It is everywhere and nowhere.
4. What does having a third baby signify for Dua in Chapter 2a?
(b) Passing on.
(c) Sagging body.
(d) A long life.
5. When Dr. Lamont was younger, what was he writing a paper about in Chapter 2?
(a) Plutonium and the Halium divide.
(b) Scientific literature pertaining to lunar travel.
(c) Hallam and the electron pump.
(d) Manic depressive disorder and psychosis.
6. Who does Hallam refuse to consider gods in Chapter 3?
(a) Para men.
(d) Lunar inhabitants.
7. What makes up the Triad?
(a) Emotional, Faithful, and Hopeful.
(b) Rational, Parental, and Harmonious.
(c) Judgmental, Sarcastic, and Pessimistic.
(d) Emotional, Rational, and Parental.
8. Who does Odeen feel the need to talk to in Chapter 2a?
(a) His mother.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
9. Who supplied the seed in Chapter 2a?
(d) Hard Ones.
10. Who does Odeen tell that he is having problems with Dua in Chapter 2a?
11. What does Hallam theorize has different laws than our own in Chapter 2?
(a) Milky Way.
(c) Parallel Universe.
(d) Plutonium Divide.
12. What does Lamont think is corrupting the Sun in Chapter 5?
(a) Technology rivet.
(b) Positron wave.
(c) Electron pump.
(d) Sun pipe.
13. Who needs to be well fed for the baby in Chapter 1c?
14. Who is deciphering the code of a long forgotten language in Chapter 4?
(a) Dr. Bronowski.
15. Who was angry at Lamont and turned down his grants in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is thinking about the Triad in Chapter 2a?
2. What does Bronowski say about the people who are like them in the para universe in Chapter 10?
3. What two substances appear to produce the same energy in different habitats according to Hallam in Chapter 2?
4. What will happen if the Sun explodes, according to Bronowski?
5. How long has Lamont been working on his theory in Chapter 5?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)