|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dumbledore so unhappy about Fudge's punishment to Barty Crouch Jr.?
(a) Now Crouch cannot testify to Voldemort's existence.
(b) He knows Crouch will escape again.
(c) He fears that this will only strengthen him.
(d) He feels it was very unethical.
2. What is Harry's response to the scolding letter he receives from Sirius?
(a) He takes it very seriously.
(b) He is angry about it.
(c) He writes back an apologetic reply.
(d) He scoffs at it.
3. What secret about the golden egg does Cedric tell Harry during the Yule Ball?
(a) He must take it to the bath.
(b) The clue must be read in reverse.
(c) There is a tiny etching on the inside of the rim.
(d) The noise is best understood while outside at dark.
4. Who placed Harry's name in the Goblet?
(d) Mad-Eye Moody.
5. What does Voldemort do after he tortures Harry with the Cruciatus Curse?
(a) Talks about his parents.
(b) Hands him his wand.
(c) Smacks him.
(d) Tortures him some more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rita Skeeter say about Harry in her article about him just before the third challenge?
2. How does Harry sneak into the prefect's restroom?
3. How long have the Death Eaters been in hiding?
4. Who is Hermione's secret date to the Yule Ball?
5. Who insists on taking Harry to the Hospital Wing when he returns to Hogwarts after the third challenge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Harry take the scolding letter from Sirius very seriously?
2. What do the spirits from Voldemort's wand do when they see Harry?
3. Why does Cedric tell Harry to touch the Goblet of Fire first?
4. Why does Krum ask Harry if he has feelings for Hermione?
5. Why is Ron so mad at Harry for rescuing Fleur's little sister during the second challenge?
6. What does Ron say when he sees Hermione is Krum's date to the Yule Ball?
7. What does Harry take back to Hogwarts with him when he leaves the cemetery?
8. How did Barty Crouch disguise himself so well as Mad-Eye Moody?
9. What does Mr. Crouch do when he is alone with Krum in the forest?
10. Why does Dumbledore use a Pensieve?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)