|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Luvenia been fired?
2. What does Luvenia say the difference between black people and Negroes is?
3. What does Mr. Deets promise to do for Luvenia after she has been fired?
4. What kind of college does Jennie go to?
5. What crop is grown on Glory Field?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reverend McKinnon plan to say in his press conference?
2. What does Tommy say about the march after it is completed?
3. What does Tommy do during the press conference?
4. What does Shep blame for his addiction to drugs?
5. Who is Bobby Joe, and what does he do to Tommy?
6. What happens after Luvenia's scheme with Florenz, and why?
7. What does Luvenia do for the Deetses, and what does she hope this job will do for her?
8. What does Florenz convince Luvenia to do for her so she can go out?
9. What makes Malcolm feel that he is finally on his way in life?
10. Why does Tommy not join the march in Johnson City?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Luvenia use her trials to her advantage, and what leads her to her success?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Love is a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters are most affected by this theme? Which relationships are the most significant to the plot and why?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)