|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Malcolm get abandoned while heading to the family reunion?
2. Who owns the business Malcolm works for?
3. What instrument does Malcolm play?
4. How does Luvenia feel while driving with Florenz?
5. What will be built on Glory Field?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Planter buy at an auction, and why?
2. What does Planter leave for Malcolm when he dies?
3. Why do news cameras leave Cadet Park on the day of the march?
4. What does Reverend McKinnon plan to say in his press conference?
5. How does Luvenia feel about big cities?
6. What does Katie do at the rent party?
7. What does Shep blame for his addiction to drugs?
8. What does Florenz convince Luvenia to do for her so she can go out?
9. What happens after Luvenia's scheme with Florenz, and why?
10. What does Malcolm do when he returns from his family reunion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Love is a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters are most affected by this theme? Which relationships are the most significant to the plot and why?
Essay Topic 3
Responsibility and coming of age are two themes that are interwoven in many places of this plot. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)