|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Luvenia doing when she complains to Miss Etta?
2. What is Robert's nickname?
3. What does Mr. Deets promise to do for Luvenia after she has been fired?
4. What does Malcolm enjoy while working at the farm?
5. Where does Shep live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sheriff Moser say to the Klan demonstrators?
2. What makes Malcolm feel that he is finally on his way in life?
3. What does Planter leave for Malcolm when he dies?
4. Why do news cameras leave Cadet Park on the day of the march?
5. What does Luvenia say the difference between black people and Negroes is?
6. Why does Elijah think about leaving Glory Field?
7. What happens to the ticket money given to Shep to get to the family reunion?
8. Why does Tommy not join the march in Johnson City?
9. What happens to Glory Field after the family reunion?
10. What does Tommy say about the march after it is completed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book, discussing how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
How does Luvenia use her trials to her advantage, and what leads her to her success?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)