|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shep vomit on his way to the family reunion?
2. Where do Luvenia's parents want her to live?
3. What does Luvenia say Mr. Deets never does for her?
4. What will be built on Glory Field?
5. What happens to Tommy's best friends while his parents are out of town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tommy not join the march in Johnson City?
2. What does Sheriff Moser say to the Klan demonstrators?
3. What does Luvenia say the difference between black people and Negroes is?
4. What are Jennie Epps's plans for the future?
5. Why is Malcolm so grateful to his great-aunt?
6. Why is Shep so uncomfortable on his way to the family reunion?
7. How do Tommy's parents feel after he is arrested?
8. What does Shep blame for his addiction to drugs?
9. What happens after Luvenia's scheme with Florenz, and why?
10. What happens to Glory Field after the family reunion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Slavery and Freedom are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Where does the theme of discrimination occur in this narrative, and how is it received by the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)