|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tommy die?
2. What is thrown at the civil rights marchers?
3. What is Mr. Smith's occupation?
4. What is Luvenia's biggest dream?
5. Where does Tommy live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Bobby Joe, and what does he do to Tommy?
2. What does Luvenia do for the Deetses, and what does she hope this job will do for her?
3. What does Sheriff Moser say to the Klan demonstrators?
4. What does Florenz convince Luvenia to do for her so she can go out?
5. What happens after Luvenia's scheme with Florenz, and why?
6. How do Tommy's parents feel after he is arrested?
7. Why does Luvenia not want to move to Glory Field with her family?
8. How does Malcolm get to the family reunion?
9. What does Shep blame for his addiction to drugs?
10. How does Luvenia feel about big cities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book, discussing how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Slavery and Freedom are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)