|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tommy's grandfather?
2. What does Mrs. Deets say Luvenia needs to remember?
3. What does Chase say Tommy must do to play for Johnson City State College?
4. What is the name of Tommy's best friend?
5. What does Luvenia say her father is obsessed with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Skeeter after the march, and why?
2. What happens after Luvenia's scheme with Florenz, and why?
3. What happens to the ticket money given to Shep to get to the family reunion?
4. What happens to Glory Field after the family reunion?
5. What makes Malcolm feel that he is finally on his way in life?
6. What does Florenz convince Luvenia to do for her so she can go out?
7. Why do news cameras leave Cadet Park on the day of the march?
8. Why does Tommy not join the march in Johnson City?
9. How does Malcolm get to the family reunion?
10. What are Jennie Epps's plans for the future?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where does the theme of discrimination occur in this narrative, and how is it received by the main characters?
Essay Topic 2
Elijah and Moses are two characters who are very similar in their natures, but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
Essay Topic 3
How does Luvenia use her trials to her advantage, and what leads her to her success?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)