|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Tommy's boss not associate with him in public?
2. When does Malcolm's great aunt begin to travel?
3. What kind of businesses does McKinnon boycott?
4. Where is Malcolm's family reunion held?
5. How does Chase say he will help Tommy with his college tuition?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do news cameras leave Cadet Park on the day of the march?
2. What does Florenz convince Luvenia to do for her so she can go out?
3. What does Malcolm do when he returns from his family reunion?
4. What makes Malcolm feel that he is finally on his way in life?
5. Why does Tommy not join the march in Johnson City?
6. Why does Luvenia not want to move to Glory Field with her family?
7. What does Tommy do during the press conference?
8. Who is Bobby Joe, and what does he do to Tommy?
9. What did Planter buy at an auction, and why?
10. What does Tommy say about the march after it is completed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Love is a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters are most affected by this theme? Which relationships are the most significant to the plot and why?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety are two themes that are touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)