Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elijah sell in Johnson City?
2. What is Foster's occupation?
3. How does the narrator describe the Lewis slave family?
4. What is different about Sister Clinton from the Lewis family?
5. What is Lizzy picking when the reader first meets her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of music does Abby love, and how does Saran feel about it?
2. What is the main question weighing on Muhammad's mind after his capture?
3. What makes Malcolm feel that he is finally on his way in life?
4. What does Master Lewis hope will happen, because of his actions with Lem, after he returns to the plantation?
5. What do Muhammad's shackles mean to his descendants?
6. What privileges are given to Muhammad while on the ship?
7. What is the story Moses tells of two slaves who attacked a white man?
8. What happens to Skeeter after the march, and why?
9. How did Lizzy first come to know Moses and Saran?
10. What happens to the ticket money given to Shep to get to the family reunion?
Essay Topic 1
Why does this book fit into the historical fiction genre, and what are some of the good and bad things about this placement in your opinion?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book, discussing how this goal affects the characters around them.
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)