Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Elijah repair something?
2. What is Muhammad's strongest emotion while on the ship?
3. Where does Lizzy want to move?
4. What does the Lewis family call their land?
5. How do men in the Klan dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tommy not join the march in Johnson City?
2. How do the other slaves say goodbye to Lizzy when she leaves Live Oaks?
3. What does Sheriff Moser say to the Klan demonstrators?
4. Why does Lizzy choose to leave Live Oaks?
5. What does Planter leave for Malcolm when he dies?
6. Why does Elijah refuse to split the reward money with Sheriff Glover?
7. What is placed before the beginning of the narrative, and what does it show?
8. What makes it hard for many slave descendants to track their family history?
9. Who is Bobby Joe, and what does he do to Tommy?
10. What does Julia tell Lizzy the difference between white people and black people is?
Where does the theme of discrimination occur in this narrative, and how is it received by the main characters?
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
How does Malcolm's relationship with his family change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)