Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elijah sell in Johnson City?
2. What is Foster's occupation?
3. How does the narrator describe the Lewis slave family?
4. What is different about Sister Clinton from the Lewis family?
5. What is Lizzy picking when the reader first meets her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of music does Abby love, and how does Saran feel about it?
2. What is the main question weighing on Muhammad's mind after his capture?
3. What makes Malcolm feel that he is finally on his way in life?
4. What does Master Lewis hope will happen, because of his actions with Lem, after he returns to the plantation?
5. What do Muhammad's shackles mean to his descendants?
6. What privileges are given to Muhammad while on the ship?
7. What is the story Moses tells of two slaves who attacked a white man?
8. What happens to Skeeter after the march, and why?
9. How did Lizzy first come to know Moses and Saran?
10. What happens to the ticket money given to Shep to get to the family reunion?
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety are two themes that are touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Slavery and Freedom are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)