|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Malcolm's grandfather?
2. What is different about Meharry College?
(a) It is for blacks.
(b) It is co-ed.
(c) It allows women.
(d) It is segregated.
3. How does Luvenia's mother feel about Miss Etta?
(a) They are best friends.
(b) They are enemies.
(c) They are practically strangers.
(d) They are strained acquaintances.
4. What does Florenz want Luvenia's help with?
(a) Getting a loan for college.
(b) Getting permission to drive the car.
(c) Getting a boy to notice her.
(d) Getting her a job similar to her own.
5. Who is the first person Luvenia talks to about losing her job?
(a) Miss Etta.
(b) Her neighbor.
(c) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Luvenia know Florenz?
2. Where does Malcolm get abandoned while heading to the family reunion?
3. What did Robert buy at an auction?
4. How did Tommy die?
5. What does Mrs. Deets say Luvenia needs to remember?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tommy say about the march after it is completed?
2. What does Malcolm do when he returns from his family reunion?
3. Why do news cameras leave Cadet Park on the day of the march?
4. What is a rent party?
5. Who is Bobby Joe, and what does he do to Tommy?
6. What does Luvenia say the difference between black people and Negroes is?
7. What does Luvenia do for the Deetses, and what does she hope this job will do for her?
8. What does Planter leave for Malcolm when he dies?
9. What happens to Glory Field after the family reunion?
10. How do Tommy's parents feel after he is arrested?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)