|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Deetses' dog'?
2. How many children does Elijah have?
3. Where is Shep when Malcolm finds him?
(a) In Central Park.
(b) At the train station.
(c) In front of the Apollo Theater.
(d) At the school playground.
4. What does Luvenia need Mrs. Deets to sign an affidavit for?
(a) To keep her in Chicago.
(b) To support her paternal claims.
(c) To prove her income.
(d) To enroll her in college.
5. What kind of businesses does McKinnon boycott?
(a) Businesses that are segregated.
(b) Businesses that hire black men.
(c) Businesses that will not hire black men.
(d) Businesses that pay blacks the same as white men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tommy's grandfather?
2. What kind of college does Jennie go to?
3. Who does a demonstration the same day McKinnon has a march?
4. Where is Malcolm's family reunion held?
5. How does Chase describe the opportunity for Tommy to go to Johnson City State College?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Shep so uncomfortable on his way to the family reunion?
2. What does Shep blame for his addiction to drugs?
3. What does Malcolm do when he returns from his family reunion?
4. Who is Bobby Joe, and what does he do to Tommy?
5. What happens after Luvenia's scheme with Florenz, and why?
6. Why does Luvenia not want to move to Glory Field with her family?
7. What does Planter leave for Malcolm when he dies?
8. Why does Tommy not join the march in Johnson City?
9. What does Tommy do during the press conference?
10. How does Malcolm get to the family reunion?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)