|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm enjoy while working at the farm?
(a) Being alone with his thoughts.
(b) Working with his hands.
(c) Hearing stories.
(d) The heat of the day.
2. What is Luvenia doing when she complains to Miss Etta?
(a) Sewing a dress.
(b) Packing her bags.
(c) Styling her hair.
3. Why does Malcolm refuse to give Shep any money?
(a) He promised his aunt he would not.
(b) He is selfish.
(c) He knows he will spend it on drugs.
(d) He wants Malcolm to stay by him.
4. What does Chase say Tommy must do to play for Johnson City State College?
(a) Sign a contract.
(b) Skip his senior year.
(c) Deal with persecution.
(d) Pay half the tuition.
5. What is Jennie grateful for after the march?
(a) Nobody was hurt.
(b) There was a large crowd.
(c) Her voice was heard.
(d) The news media was there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings word that Luvenia has been fired?
2. What does Jennie tell Tommy about her future desires?
3. What sport did Leonard Chase play?
4. How does Luvenia know Florenz?
5. How does Chase say he will help Tommy with his college tuition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tommy do during the press conference?
2. Who is Bobby Joe, and what does he do to Tommy?
3. How does Malcolm get to the family reunion?
4. What does Luvenia do for the Deetses, and what does she hope this job will do for her?
5. What does Luvenia say the difference between black people and Negroes is?
6. What does the North symbolize for many black people at this time in history?
7. What makes Malcolm feel that he is finally on his way in life?
8. What happens to Skeeter after the march, and why?
9. What does Tommy say about the march after it is completed?
10. How do Tommy's parents feel after he is arrested?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)