|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Luvenia feel while driving with Florenz?
2. How does Chase describe the opportunity for Tommy to go to Johnson City State College?
3. What does Luvenia say her father is obsessed with?
(a) Protecting his family.
(b) Keeping the land in the family.
(c) Getting an education.
(d) Avoiding the South.
4. What is different about Delaney High School?
(a) It is a private school.
(b) It has black students.
(c) It has blacks and whites.
(d) It is for disabled children.
5. How did Tommy die?
(a) He died of cancer.
(b) He had pneumonia.
(c) He was killed in Viet Nam.
(d) He was mugged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Elijah's wife?
2. What is thrown at the civil rights marchers?
3. What is the name of the Deetses' dog'?
4. What does Mrs. Deets say to Luvenia about getting an education?
5. What does Chase say Tommy must do to play for Johnson City State College?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elijah think about leaving Glory Field?
2. What does Sheriff Moser say to the Klan demonstrators?
3. Who is Bobby Joe, and what does he do to Tommy?
4. What does Luvenia say the difference between black people and Negroes is?
5. What does Luvenia do for the Deetses, and what does she hope this job will do for her?
6. What does Tommy say about the march after it is completed?
7. What makes Malcolm feel that he is finally on his way in life?
8. What happens to Skeeter after the march, and why?
9. What does Malcolm do when he returns from his family reunion?
10. Why does Tommy not join the march in Johnson City?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)