|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luvenia plan to get a loan for?
(a) Land taxes.
(b) Rent money.
(c) College tuition.
(d) Travel fare.
2. What sport does Tommy play?
3. What happens to Tommy's best friends while his parents are out of town?
(a) He is bitten by a snake.
(b) He is mugged.
(c) He falls out his window.
(d) He cuts off his finger.
4. What is the name of Malcolm's band?
(a) Black Cats.
(b) Swing Kids.
(d) String Theory.
5. What kind of businesses does McKinnon boycott?
(a) Businesses that will not hire black men.
(b) Businesses that are segregated.
(c) Businesses that hire black men.
(d) Businesses that pay blacks the same as white men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Shep selling before Malcolm finds him before their trip?
2. What is Luvenia doing when she complains to Miss Etta?
3. Why does Tommy not want to go to Johnson City State College?
4. How does Chase describe the opportunity for Tommy to go to Johnson City State College?
5. What will be built on Glory Field?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sheriff Moser say to the Klan demonstrators?
2. What does Florenz convince Luvenia to do for her so she can go out?
3. What makes Malcolm feel that he is finally on his way in life?
4. What does Malcolm do when he returns from his family reunion?
5. What does Katie do at the rent party?
6. What did Planter buy at an auction, and why?
7. Why is Shep so uncomfortable on his way to the family reunion?
8. What does Luvenia say the difference between black people and Negroes is?
9. What does the North symbolize for many black people at this time in history?
10. Who is Bobby Joe, and what does he do to Tommy?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)