|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Malcolm's great aunt devoted to?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her figure.
(c) Her business.
(d) Her family.
2. What does Jennie tell Tommy about her future desires?
(a) She wants to marry Tommy.
(b) She wants to go to college.
(c) She wants to be the president.
(d) She wants to be in movies.
3. Where does Tommy dream of going while sweeping?
(a) New York.
(b) All of these.
(d) Washington D.C.
4. What is Jennie grateful for after the march?
(a) Nobody was hurt.
(b) The news media was there.
(c) There was a large crowd.
(d) Her voice was heard.
5. When does Malcolm's great aunt begin to travel?
(a) When her husband dies.
(b) When her children grow up.
(c) When her business booms.
(d) When her business suffers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chase say Tommy must do to play for Johnson City State College?
2. Where does Luvenia want to live?
3. What does Shep say gives him a lot of pressure?
4. What kind of college does Jennie go to?
5. What is the name of Elijah's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sheriff Moser say to the Klan demonstrators?
2. Why is Shep so uncomfortable on his way to the family reunion?
3. How does Malcolm get to the family reunion?
4. What does Luvenia do for the Deetses, and what does she hope this job will do for her?
5. Why does Tommy not join the march in Johnson City?
6. Why does Elijah think about leaving Glory Field?
7. How does Luvenia feel about big cities?
8. What is a rent party?
9. Why do news cameras leave Cadet Park on the day of the march?
10. What happens to Skeeter after the march, and why?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)