|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chase describe the opportunity for Tommy to go to Johnson City State College?
2. What is Jennie grateful for after the march?
(a) Her voice was heard.
(b) The news media was there.
(c) Nobody was hurt.
(d) There was a large crowd.
3. What is the name of Elijah's wife?
4. What does Tommy's school do for the first time while he is on the team?
(a) Loses to Detroit Prep.
(b) Wins against Chicago Prep.
(c) Has black starting players.
(d) Wins the tournament.
5. What does Luvenia plan to get a loan for?
(a) Travel fare.
(b) College tuition.
(c) Land taxes.
(d) Rent money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Deets say Luvenia needs to remember?
2. Who brings word that Luvenia has been fired?
3. What did Robert buy at an auction?
4. How did Tommy die?
5. What is Shep selling before Malcolm finds him before their trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Malcolm get to the family reunion?
2. Why do news cameras leave Cadet Park on the day of the march?
3. What happens to Skeeter after the march, and why?
4. What does Planter leave for Malcolm when he dies?
5. How does Luvenia feel about big cities?
6. What is a rent party?
7. What does Tommy do during the press conference?
8. Who is Bobby Joe, and what does he do to Tommy?
9. What does Tommy say about the march after it is completed?
10. What does Florenz convince Luvenia to do for her so she can go out?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)