|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tommy go to Cadet Park on the day of the marches?
(a) To exercise.
(b) To feed the birds.
(c) To meet up with Skeeter.
(d) To see the Klan plans.
2. Where is Shep when Malcolm finds him?
(a) At the school playground.
(b) In Central Park.
(c) In front of the Apollo Theater.
(d) At the train station.
3. What is the name of Florenz's best friend?
4. What does Jennie tell Tommy about her future desires?
(a) She wants to go to college.
(b) She wants to be in movies.
(c) She wants to marry Tommy.
(d) She wants to be the president.
5. Why does Shep vomit on his way to the family reunion?
(a) He is carsick.
(b) He forces himself to.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is in withdrawal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person Luvenia talks to about losing her job?
2. What does Leonard Chase do now for colleges?
3. Where does Tommy work?
4. Where is Malcolm's family reunion held?
5. Who owns the business Malcolm works for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do news cameras leave Cadet Park on the day of the march?
2. Why does Luvenia not want to move to Glory Field with her family?
3. How do Tommy's parents feel after he is arrested?
4. Why does Tommy not join the march in Johnson City?
5. What is a rent party?
6. What does the North symbolize for many black people at this time in history?
7. Why does Elijah think about leaving Glory Field?
8. What does Reverend McKinnon plan to say in his press conference?
9. What does Luvenia say the difference between black people and Negroes is?
10. What happens to Skeeter after the march, and why?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)