|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jennie grateful for after the march?
(a) Nobody was hurt.
(b) Her voice was heard.
(c) The news media was there.
(d) There was a large crowd.
2. Why does Malcolm refuse to give Shep any money?
(a) He is selfish.
(b) He promised his aunt he would not.
(c) He wants Malcolm to stay by him.
(d) He knows he will spend it on drugs.
3. What is Mr. Smith's occupation?
(c) Bus Driver.
4. Why does Tommy not want to go to Johnson City State College?
(a) It is segregated.
(b) It is too far away from his family.
(c) All of these.
(d) It is too expensive.
5. What kind of college does Jennie go to?
(a) Teaching school.
(b) Nursing school.
(c) Political School.
(d) Medical school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Malcolm play?
2. What is the name of Florenz's best friend?
3. What is the name of Elijah's son?
4. What does Leonard Chase do now for colleges?
5. Why does Tommy go to Cadet Park on the day of the marches?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie do at the rent party?
2. What makes Malcolm feel that he is finally on his way in life?
3. What does Luvenia say the difference between black people and Negroes is?
4. Why does Elijah think about leaving Glory Field?
5. Why is Shep so uncomfortable on his way to the family reunion?
6. What happens to the ticket money given to Shep to get to the family reunion?
7. What does Tommy do during the press conference?
8. What does Planter leave for Malcolm when he dies?
9. What does Shep blame for his addiction to drugs?
10. What happens to Glory Field after the family reunion?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)