|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Malcolm get to his family reunion?
(a) He bums a ride on the train.
(b) His friends take a road trip.
(c) He hitchhikes.
(d) His great aunt buys him a ticket.
2. What is the name of Malcolm's band?
(a) String Theory.
(b) Swing Kids.
(d) Black Cats.
3. What does Mrs. Deets say to Luvenia about getting an education?
(a) It is a pipe dream.
(b) It is a good step in the right direction.
(c) It is necessary for success.
(d) It would be reaching beyond herself.
4. What is Jennie grateful for after the march?
(a) Her voice was heard.
(b) Nobody was hurt.
(c) There was a large crowd.
(d) The news media was there.
5. Where does Tommy dream of going while sweeping?
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) New York.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Jenn play?
2. What does Malcolm enjoy while working at the farm?
3. What does Malcolm love about his family?
4. What is Tommy's team mascot?
5. What does Chase say Tommy must do to play for Johnson City State College?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Malcolm so grateful to his great-aunt?
2. What does Tommy say about the march after it is completed?
3. What does Tommy do during the press conference?
4. What does Luvenia do for the Deetses, and what does she hope this job will do for her?
5. Who is Bobby Joe, and what does he do to Tommy?
6. How does Malcolm get to the family reunion?
7. Why do news cameras leave Cadet Park on the day of the march?
8. What does Luvenia say the difference between black people and Negroes is?
9. What does Katie do at the rent party?
10. What happens to Glory Field after the family reunion?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)