|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Robert buy at an auction?
(a) Muhammad's shackles.
(b) Tommy's uniform.
(c) A cotton gin.
(d) A whip.
2. What does Mrs. Deets say to Luvenia about getting an education?
(a) It is a pipe dream.
(b) It is necessary for success.
(c) It is a good step in the right direction.
(d) It would be reaching beyond herself.
3. What does Luvenia say the difference between black people and Negroes is?
(a) Black people are bitter.
(b) Negroes are educated.
(c) Black people are educated.
(d) Negroes are racist.
4. What is the name of the Deetses' dog'?
5. Who does a demonstration the same day McKinnon has a march?
(a) The Black Panthers.
(b) The Klan.
(c) The White Supremacists.
(d) Martin Luther King Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is thrown at the civil rights marchers?
2. How much does Florenz pay Luvenia for her help?
3. What is Shep selling before Malcolm finds him before their trip?
4. What is Luvenia doing when she complains to Miss Etta?
5. Where is Malcolm's family reunion held?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie do at the rent party?
2. What does Sheriff Moser say to the Klan demonstrators?
3. Why is Malcolm so grateful to his great-aunt?
4. What is a rent party?
5. Who is Bobby Joe, and what does he do to Tommy?
6. What happens to Glory Field after the family reunion?
7. Why do news cameras leave Cadet Park on the day of the march?
8. What happens after Luvenia's scheme with Florenz, and why?
9. How do Tommy's parents feel after he is arrested?
10. What does Reverend McKinnon plan to say in his press conference?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)