|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of businesses does McKinnon boycott?
(a) Businesses that will not hire black men.
(b) Businesses that hire black men.
(c) Businesses that pay blacks the same as white men.
(d) Businesses that are segregated.
2. What does Luvenia say the difference between black people and Negroes is?
(a) Negroes are educated.
(b) Negroes are racist.
(c) Black people are educated.
(d) Black people are bitter.
3. Where does Tommy dream of going while sweeping?
(a) New York.
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) All of these.
4. Why has Luvenia been fired?
(a) She asks for an affidavit.
(b) Some things were stolen.
(c) There is a rumor she is pregnant.
(d) She is mean to Florenz.
5. Where does Shep live?
(a) Under a bridge.
(b) The YMCA.
(c) A homeless shelter.
(d) An alleyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shep vomit on his way to the family reunion?
2. Who brings word that Luvenia has been fired?
3. Where do Luvenia's parents want her to live?
4. What is thrown at the civil rights marchers?
5. What is different about Meharry College?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luvenia say the difference between black people and Negroes is?
2. Why does Luvenia not want to move to Glory Field with her family?
3. What did Planter buy at an auction, and why?
4. What happens to the ticket money given to Shep to get to the family reunion?
5. How does Luvenia feel about big cities?
6. What does Tommy say about the march after it is completed?
7. What does Florenz convince Luvenia to do for her so she can go out?
8. What happens after Luvenia's scheme with Florenz, and why?
9. What does Malcolm do when he returns from his family reunion?
10. What is a rent party?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)