|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Malcolm work?
(a) A grocery market.
(b) A potato farm.
(c) A music hall.
(d) A cosmetic factory.
2. What does Leonard Chase do now for colleges?
(a) Gives motivational speeches.
(c) Recruits black students.
(d) Scouts players.
3. How does Chase describe the opportunity for Tommy to go to Johnson City State College?
4. When does Malcolm's great aunt begin to travel?
(a) When her husband dies.
(b) When her business suffers.
(c) When her business booms.
(d) When her children grow up.
5. Why has Luvenia been fired?
(a) There is a rumor she is pregnant.
(b) She asks for an affidavit.
(c) She is mean to Florenz.
(d) Some things were stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tommy die?
2. What is wrong with Shep?
3. What is Jennie grateful for after the march?
4. What does Chase tell Tommy NOT to do?
5. What is Malcolm's great aunt devoted to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the North symbolize for many black people at this time in history?
2. What does Luvenia say the difference between black people and Negroes is?
3. What does Sheriff Moser say to the Klan demonstrators?
4. What happens to Glory Field after the family reunion?
5. What does Luvenia do for the Deetses, and what does she hope this job will do for her?
6. Who is Bobby Joe, and what does he do to Tommy?
7. How does Malcolm get to the family reunion?
8. Why do news cameras leave Cadet Park on the day of the march?
9. What does Katie do at the rent party?
10. How do Tommy's parents feel after he is arrested?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)