|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tommy dream of going while sweeping?
(a) Washington D.C.
(c) All of these.
(d) New York.
2. What kind of party is thrown for Luvenia?
(a) A rent party.
(b) A going away party.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A congratulatory party.
3. How does Chase say he will help Tommy with his college tuition?
(a) Get him a loan.
(b) Find him a job.
(c) Get him a scholarship.
(d) Form fundraisers.
4. What does Luvenia have nightmares about?
(a) The Deetses' dog dying in her care.
(b) Her father being hung.
(c) Getting kicked out of college.
(d) The Klan attacking the Deets's house.
5. What is the name of Malcolm's band?
(b) Black Cats.
(c) Swing Kids.
(d) String Theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Florenz's best friend?
2. What instrument does Malcolm play?
3. Where does Malcolm work?
4. Why will Tommy's boss not associate with him in public?
5. Where do Luvenia's parents want her to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Glory Field after the family reunion?
2. What are Jennie Epps's plans for the future?
3. What happens to the ticket money given to Shep to get to the family reunion?
4. What makes Malcolm feel that he is finally on his way in life?
5. What does Malcolm do when he returns from his family reunion?
6. What is a rent party?
7. What does Luvenia do for the Deetses, and what does she hope this job will do for her?
8. Why do news cameras leave Cadet Park on the day of the march?
9. Why does Elijah think about leaving Glory Field?
10. Why does Tommy not join the march in Johnson City?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)