|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luvenia have nightmares about?
(a) The Deetses' dog dying in her care.
(b) The Klan attacking the Deets's house.
(c) Getting kicked out of college.
(d) Her father being hung.
2. What is Jennie grateful for after the march?
(a) The news media was there.
(b) There was a large crowd.
(c) Nobody was hurt.
(d) Her voice was heard.
3. How does Chase say he will help Tommy with his college tuition?
(a) Find him a job.
(b) Get him a loan.
(c) Get him a scholarship.
(d) Form fundraisers.
4. What is Mr. Moser's title?
5. What is Malcolm's great aunt devoted to?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her figure.
(c) Her business.
(d) Her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Luvenia's biggest dream?
2. What is Shep selling before Malcolm finds him before their trip?
3. How did Tommy die?
4. What does Luvenia say the difference between black people and Negroes is?
5. Why does Tommy go to Cadet Park on the day of the marches?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Malcolm so grateful to his great-aunt?
2. Why do news cameras leave Cadet Park on the day of the march?
3. What does the North symbolize for many black people at this time in history?
4. What does Katie do at the rent party?
5. What does Luvenia say the difference between black people and Negroes is?
6. Why does Luvenia not want to move to Glory Field with her family?
7. What does Tommy do during the press conference?
8. What does Reverend McKinnon plan to say in his press conference?
9. What does Tommy say about the march after it is completed?
10. Why is Shep so uncomfortable on his way to the family reunion?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)