|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Elijah have?
2. Where is Shep when Malcolm finds him?
(a) At the school playground.
(b) In Central Park.
(c) At the train station.
(d) In front of the Apollo Theater.
3. What does Malcolm love about his family?
(a) Their love.
(b) Their heritage.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) Their passion.
4. Why does Malcolm refuse to give Shep any money?
(a) He promised his aunt he would not.
(b) He knows he will spend it on drugs.
(c) He is selfish.
(d) He wants Malcolm to stay by him.
5. Why does Shep vomit on his way to the family reunion?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is carsick.
(c) He forces himself to.
(d) He is in withdrawal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Deets promise to do for Luvenia after she has been fired?
2. What did Robert buy at an auction?
3. Where does Tommy dream of going while sweeping?
4. What is the name of Florenz's best friend?
5. What is thrown at the civil rights marchers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Malcolm so grateful to his great-aunt?
2. What does Tommy do during the press conference?
3. What does Luvenia do for the Deetses, and what does she hope this job will do for her?
4. What happens after Luvenia's scheme with Florenz, and why?
5. How does Luvenia feel about big cities?
6. What happens to Skeeter after the march, and why?
7. How do Tommy's parents feel after he is arrested?
8. What does Luvenia say the difference between black people and Negroes is?
9. What does the North symbolize for many black people at this time in history?
10. What does Shep blame for his addiction to drugs?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)