|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Elijah's son?
2. When does Malcolm's great aunt begin to travel?
(a) When her business booms.
(b) When her children grow up.
(c) When her business suffers.
(d) When her husband dies.
3. What does Luvenia have nightmares about?
(a) Her father being hung.
(b) The Deetses' dog dying in her care.
(c) The Klan attacking the Deets's house.
(d) Getting kicked out of college.
4. Where does Tommy live?
(c) Johnson City.
5. Why does Shep vomit on his way to the family reunion?
(a) He forces himself to.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is in withdrawal.
(d) He is carsick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of businesses does McKinnon boycott?
2. What kind of party is thrown for Luvenia?
3. Where does Shep live?
4. What is the name of Malcolm's band?
5. What does Jennie tell Tommy about her future desires?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Malcolm so grateful to his great-aunt?
2. How do Tommy's parents feel after he is arrested?
3. What does Tommy say about the march after it is completed?
4. What happens after Luvenia's scheme with Florenz, and why?
5. What does the North symbolize for many black people at this time in history?
6. What makes Malcolm feel that he is finally on his way in life?
7. What does Luvenia say the difference between black people and Negroes is?
8. What does Shep blame for his addiction to drugs?
9. Why is Shep so uncomfortable on his way to the family reunion?
10. What happens to Glory Field after the family reunion?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)